Accurate Tree Service LLC

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2010

Lawn Maintenance: mowing, edging, pruning, fertiziling, landscaping, mulching, aerating, dethatching, grass & leaf pickup, rototilling, skid steer work. Also tree removal and trimming, lot clearing, stump removal & more. Free Estimates-24 Hr Emerg Serv Tree Care Services: Tree removal, Tree trimming, stump grinding, wood splitting & stacking, Lot clearing Lawn Care Services: Mowing, edging, pruning, fertilizer, landscaping, mulching, aerating, dethatching, rototilling, Brush hog. Snow Removal Services: Snowplowing, shoveling, salting, residential & commercial...

60' Bucket Truck - Ford F650

+4 more images

tree service (131)lawn care (5)gutter cleaning (3)mulch delivering (2)snow removal (1)lawn treatment (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

05/24/2022

Shine B.

Mike and team performed an awesome job of stump grinding for a tree in my backyard. Everything from getting an estimate till payment went smooth. Estimate was very detailed and cost was listed per task which was very helpful to pick what i needed. Very easy to get the work scheduled and they accommodated my time while rescheduling as I was not able to complete the prep work before grinding. Pam and Hope from front office were very helpful in coordination and communication. The rates from Accurate is very reasonable and i would highly recommend them to anyone who would like a tree service.

Description of Work
Tree Stump grinding

Work Completed On 05/01/2022

12/18/2020

Tina K.

Mike and his team went out of their way to help us take down some large tress that were a huge nuisance on our property. I can honestly say that they were professional and so helpful. They cleaned up afterwards and asked if there was anything else they could do to help. It's refreshing to know that they are a company that you can count on. I will hire them again.

Description of Work
Taking down large tress

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

Thank you so much for your kind words [Member Name Removed]. It was our pleasure serving you and hope to do so again in the future. Take care and remember we are always here for you. Happy Holidays

11/25/2020

Mary S.

Because I am hard of hearing I requested that they call before they leave their prior job and let me know - which they did and they also knocked loudly on the front door to let me know that they had arrived. This is going above and beyond what most customers would require. The office personnel were very accomodating and helpful in explaining any questions we had. Would I use them again. You Bet.!!!!!!

Description of Work
The crew of 4 removed tree branches tht were overhanging my back porch and a utility shed. Both required some effort so that the branches would not fall in the roofs. 2 of the crew worked on the porch and 2 worked on the shed. They hauled fallen lims off the the chipper and cut up the limbs that were to big were cut down for fireplace logs. Before they could start they had to jump start my car whose battery failed. They were very carefull with removing my car ftom the driveway and jump starting the car. After they were all finished and ready to go one of the crew helped mr put away my trash cans.

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

Thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed], I will be sure to pass this along to everyone! If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to reach out, we are here for you. We wish you a lovely holiday season and looking forward to serving you again.

09/05/2020

Steven B.

Service got back to me in a timely manner, the workers were respectful and good at the work that was done,

Description of Work
removal/cutting down trees on property

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! it was our pleasure working with you. If you ever need anything please let us know.

02/28/2020

Terry R.

If I could give less than 1 star, I would. 1st, they had to cut the electricity to our house to remove a tree near some lines. Normally not a problem at all, but when dealing with Accurate Tree Service, they will fail to call you to let you know exactly when this power loss will take place. They will also neglect to call the power company to come back out and turn the power back on. So a scheduled downtime of electricity which is supposed to only be 4 hours (you know so all your food doesn't spoil) now lasts 10 hours due to their incompetence. I then had a freezer and fridge filled with ruined groceries. Did Accurate Tree Service make it right? Nope. To top it all off, they damaged the lines to the cable, internet, and phone doing their job, knocking all 3 out for days. As an added bonus, they will make you clean up the garbage left by their workers on your property. If you have a simple stump that needs grinding or removal, these guys will probably be able to do that without messing it up. But, if you need a serious job done or full tree that needs servicing, you WILL regret using these people. Accurate Tree Service is simply an unprofessional and accountable "business".

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

[Member Name Removed], You were not the contractor in this project. I am sorry that REM failed to communicate that we would be on site. As for the cable lines that were cut, your service provider doesn't allow anyone to disconnect them, we were instructed to cut them and they will fix them free of charge. I understand your frustration however we were following standard guidelines per their request. We didn't forget to call MGE, they never showed up. They knew they were supposed to be back at the end of the day and sent their crews home. We didn't make that choice they did. I would be upset if I was you however your anger is directed at the wrong spot. My guys went and did exactly what they were supposed to do per our contractor, per your service provider and per electrical drops. Also, I am not sure where you came up with the 4 hour drop, that is not standard anywhere. REM has knows for months that the power would be out, I am sorry the neglected to discuss this with you. Like I said I hear your frustration, unfortunately we have guidelines to follow and I am sorry your weren't updated by REM.

02/11/2020

Warren S.

Accurate tree crew were right on time this morning. Went right to work. Avoided my neighbors property. Cleaned up everything. JOB WELL DONE !!!!!! I was told Tim was the team leader, and Tim did an outstanding performance in orchestrating the team activity, was the lead in the chainsawing of the limbs, and main tree trunks. Tim was a pleasure to watch in action. If I was still in business, I'd want to hire Tim away from you. The other two crew members also did an excellent job, and by the time they were done there was not bits of evergreen to clean up. And Hope always could advise on any questions I had. Please pass along my MANY THANKS Warren

Description of Work
Remove two large trees

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the great review! Accurate tries its best on every job. Greatly appreciated, Mike

09/20/2019

Ellen J.

Accurate Tree Service was hired by a neighbor to remove a couple of trees. They repeatedly dropped limbs in our yard, including causing damage to our garden fence. When confronted by us, the workers were very rude, condescending, and abusive. We are in the process of filing a complaint, but several other neighbors have also reported issues with this company. Another tree company, Hooper, removed a tree for us and no limbs fell in our neighbor's yard. It can be done.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], I spoke with your neighbor that we contracted work with and would love the opportunity to speak with you. I am very sorry for the way my crew member handled this situation with you! Yes it is possible to not drop limbs in yards most of the time. However, this tree was over your yard, in rough shape and that was not the case. Either way, the way this was approached by my crew was unacceptable and they should have come talked to you and gotten permission from you rather than handle it how they did. I am very sorry and we will take care of this to ensure it never happens again, if you get my drift. Please give me a call, I would love the opportunity to speak with you and apologize. I hope we get the chance to chat and I will do my best to make it right for you folks.

10/27/2018

Cynthia O.

Contacted me promptly when I requested an estimate. Gave me an estimate with options and did the work within a couple of weeks.

Description of Work
Trees removed and trimmed

Work Completed On 10/17/2018

08/29/2018

Ann H.

I called this company because they are billed as offering "emergency tree services" This company said all of the following things on the phone that were UNtrue: 1) Day 1- I can get Mike out to give you an estimate sometime today (Mike did not show up) 2) Day 1- I have a crew that will be able to come out tomorrow and take care of the problem (crew did not show up next day) 3) Day 2 noon - Someone is still typing up your estimate (said this even though no one came out to give an estimate on day 1 or day 2 morning) 4) Day 2 After finally agreeing that no came on day 1 to do an estimate - I never said Mike would for sure get to your house to do an estimate yesterday 5) Day 2 - After I asked them for accurate information about when someone would be available to do an estimate OR whether Mike could do the estimate by looking at the tree from outside our yard (so I wouldn't have wait at home to let them in the yard) - they said "If you can't wait a few days for an estimate, we are not interested in your business." I clarified that could wait, I just wanted a better idea of their timeline, and whether Mike could do the estimate from outside the yard, they said "after the conversation we just had we're not interested in your business". SO bottom line here is they promise waay more than they can deliver, and if you call them out on it and ask for accurate information- even politely - they get very nasty and refuse to work with you. See below for want more details of conversation if interested. Also - I didn't record the conversation (because I wasn't expecting anything of the sort to happen) but they do record their conversations so regardless of what they claim to have said there is recorded proof that they lied multiple times on phone. We have very large, heavy limb hanging from a large tree in our backyard in our backyard which is adjacent to part where neighborhood kids play in all day long, which posing a significant danger. As soon as I notice this, I immediately googled "emergency tree service" and check review on Angie's List and decided to call this company. When I called, the person that answered said, "I apologize, I don't have a crew that can come out tomorrow, but I can get Mike out to give you an estimate sometime today and I do have a crew that will be able to come out tomorrow and take care of the problem. I was relieved to hear this because of all the recent storms I was expecting to have to call multiple places and wait a few days. I asked them for a window of time that the estimate would arrive, since access to our backyard requires unlocking a gate. They said they could not give me a time estimate and asked me to leave gate unlocked. I agreed, but then as soon as I hung up I immediately realized that I could not leave the gate unlocked as it is adjacent to a park where kids played and it would be very dangerous to do so. So I waited at home all day, and no one arrived. The next day I called around noon and explained I hadn't received an estimate and had been told I would receive one the day before. They said "we apologize is still typing up the estimates." I replied, "I was home all day and I don't think anyone came". They replied "we apologize we're tying to catch up on all the storm damage". I said I was confused - you just said you were still typing up my estimate, and now you're saying no one did an estimate, can you please provide me with accurate information? Then the person on the phone got very upset and said something along the lines of "no one asked you wait at home all day yesterday, you said you would leave the gate open and don't you understand there are more important emergencies than yours and you didn't you call us to tell us you weren't going to leave the gate open" I said I didn't think I needed to call to tell them I wasn't going to leave the gate open because I stayed home all day. Then they said they didn't say for sure someone was coming yesterday, If you can't wait a few days for an estimate, we are not interested in your business." I clarified that could wait, I just wanted a better idea of their timeline, and whether Mike could do the estimate from outside the yard, they said "after the conversation we just had we're not interested in your business".

Description of Work
Removal of a very large, heavy limb hanging from a tree in our backyard adjacent to park where neighborhood kids play

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

07/14/2018

Barbel S.

Perfect! The respond of the company after our request came immediately, so did the estimate. The crew with Michael was amazing, efficient, fast, they all worked tirelessly and were very friendly. They got the work done ! Cleaned up nice! The stump grinder came just a couple of days later, also great work. Would hire them certainly again

Description of Work
3 bog , 30years old Ash trees removed

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

Review for Accurate Tree Service LLC - 3316 Meadow Rd, Verona, WI - 37237252

04/03/2018

stephen M.

They came out and gave me a quote. I accepted and scheduled the work for about a week and a half later. When that date arrived, they called me to reschedule because it had rained a lot the night before. They rescheduled for the next day, stating someone would be here by 8:30. When there was no sign of anyone by 10 am, I called the office to find out their climber was out sick and they forgot to call me. I asked for another reschedule, only to receive an email later that day stating they had made an error on my estimate, that the work would cost an extra $4,000, and that they could not do the work for the price on the original estimate. I had an excavation contractor scheduled to do work to the site the following week so this put me in a tough spot time-wise. When I asked Mike what he would do to "make it right" he offered a whopping 15% discount. I reached out to my building contractor who helped me find a different tree removal company. The new guys had the work done within 3 days and charged me about $1000 less than Accurate's "discounted" offer. Side note: Hope (in the office) was very friendly and seemed genuinely upset by the errors.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 03/29/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], I know that Wisconsin weather can be frustrating this time of year. However, we can't come do a job if we are going to tear up your yard horribly. Sometimes this time of year weather just doesn't work with outdoor work. As for the typo, it's never happened in 30 years of business! Dixie feels horrible and I tried my best to remedy the situation the best I could. I am sorry that you were put in a bad spot time wise and wish things would have worked out differently. We wish you the best and are just glad you have been taken care of and can get your excavating done on time! Have a wonderful rest of your day [Member Name Removed]! Hope

11/27/2017

Natalie C.

Great. The tree was very close to the house and removal site looks great.

Description of Work
Needed very quickly to have a tree removed. The staff, Evan, in particular, was very responsive and fit us in right away. He also trimmed several other trees.

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

11/20/2017

Daniel S.

Much better than I anticipated. It was a first rate job.

Description of Work
cut down large oak tree overhanging 3 properties, including neighbor's new fence; remove/grind down stump. Haul away wood.

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

06/28/2017

MaryAnne D.

The cut down went very well was not happy with the tree trim

Description of Work
dhjhlip9ou[]

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

06/05/2017

Robert M.

The process with Accurate Trees went smoothly from start to finish. They reached out quickly following my initial inquiry and came out to do an assessment and provide a free estimate in just a few days. Their estimate was very detailed and broke down the different options and levels of service. The only negative comment is that the cost for the post-stump removal work (clean up and removal of stump chips/old pine needles and dirt/seed work) seemed very expensive; we decided not to have them complete this work due to the cost. Otherwise the work was completed quickly and didn't require us to be at home, and the bill came in the mail shortly after the work was done.

Description of Work
Removal of 1 large Austrian pine tree, including stump removal, and removal of 3 smaller stumps from bushes previously cut down.

Work Completed On 05/14/2017

05/16/2017

Ken B.

The process was completed very quickly and professionally. They quoted the job the day after I called them. Because of weather and backlog, they performed the work about 3 weeks later. The tree was removed on a Friday, the stump was ground up on Sunday, and the hole was filled with black dirt and seeded on Monday. Couldn't be happier with the quality of work and professionalism.

Description of Work
We needed a tall (20+ ft) spruce tree removed from our yard because it was leaning badly and couldn't be salvaged.

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

05/14/2017

Drew K.

Price was by far the lowest of 5 estimates we got (in more than one case, less than half). For that reason, I would hire again - they got the job done and the price difference is a big amount. Communication was fairly poor, we had no idea if/when the team was coming on any particular day. They would come for a day, leave a tree half-done, then silence for multiple days before they showed up to do the next step. I had to call Hope a few times throughout to get updates on if/when they would be there. But like I said, they got the job done for an excellent price, which gave us some money to plant some more new trees! Coincidentally, our neighbor hired one of the other companies we got a bid from that was twice as much - just watching their crew work you could see a difference. They came across as much more organized and methodical, and had the job done (2 trees of similar size as ours, including stump grinding) in a day and a half vs. the multiple weeks for us.

Description of Work
Removed three large trees.

Work Completed On 04/15/2017

05/09/2017

Dana G.

The price was extremely fair for all the work they did (over 9 hours worth). They cleaned up well and everything looks great. Easy to communicate with and reliable. They even gave us a discount!

Description of Work
Large oak removed, another oak trimmed, pine removed and trimming on other oaks.

Work Completed On 03/30/2017

02/14/2017

Sandy S.

Let me say first that I had a very challenging tree to remove. It was located in a fenced back yard, with no access for a bucket. Everything had to be climb, cut, and drag. Power lines to my and my neighbor's house had to dropped. Time estimate given for lack of power was 5 hours, but turned out to be closer to 10 hours. I have no complaints about the actual cutting of the tree, or the work ethic of the employees. Everything had to be dragged out through my fence gates, which damaged my grass and scraped up my siding a bit, but there was really no way around that. They cleaned up nicely. A few days after the tree was down, a team showed up with a stump grinder which was way too big to get through my gates. They had to come back later with a smaller piece of equipment. I have a couple of concerns, and one potential concern. One, the time estimate for the power lines being down was only half the time they were actually down. I did not mind for myself, but my neighbor wasn't happy. The time estimate was given to me by the very nice woman who answers the phone, but it is clear to me now that she didn't know how long it would take to cut down the tree. (Very big tree!) This job was done in late November, and the ground had not yet frozen. As a result I have huge divots in my lawn, some a couple of feet long and some as deep as my ankle. I will have significant work to do in the spring to repair these holes. My potential issue will not be able to be assessed until spring, because the ground froze by the time the stump grinding was done. The prior owners of the house had surrounded the tree with railroad ties to create a raised bed...probably about six inches high. I don't know yet whether the stump is actually ground down to a level as if there were no raised bed, or not. If not, if I want to get rid of that raised bed the stump will be exposed. All in all, this was a good job. They did make the job a priority because the tree was dropping branches, and other companies did not seem to care about that. I think there are some communication issues between the woman on the phone and the owner (size of job); sending the wrong size stump grinder, etc. Spring will tell if the stump is ground down deep enough.

Description of Work
Remove very tall ash tree and grind stump.

Work Completed On 11/15/2016

10/10/2016

Jane B.

They were terrific, especially in making sure to clean up when done.

Description of Work
We have had them two years in a row to take down a total of five trees.

Work Completed On 09/10/2015

09/19/2016

Beth W.

The crew did a great job and cleaned up well afterwards! I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Removal of several small trees and dead branches from larger trees.

Work Completed On 04/12/2016

08/18/2016

Larry K.

I had a dying pine tree located in the backyard, so I contacted a few tree removal companies and asked them to estimate the cost of removal, and also to grind the stump. Accurate Tree Service was the first to respond (note: other companies finally responded many days later…). I initially received a call from Hope, who scheduled the estimate. The owner of the company, Mike Harrop, provided me with an estimate (received on July 28th), which I thought was very fair. I contacted the office and spoke to Hope, and told her the terms of the estimate were acceptable, and would like for them to perform the work. The work was performed on August 17th. Justin (very knowledgeable) and his crew were prompt, very professional, and extremely courteous and friendly. I truly enjoyed talking to them. The tree was removed without incident (stump grinding at a later date), and clean up was perfect. Customer service is a really big deal for me, because it speaks volumes about a company, especially those companies in the service industry. I can honestly say that Accurate Tree Service demonstrated the “Art of Excellent Customer Service.” Thank you, Mike, Hope, and Justin and his crew, who delivered excellent customer service. I found my “go to” tree service in Madison, WI.

Description of Work
Tree Removal & Stump Grinding

Work Completed On 08/17/2016