Brennan's Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since September 2005

Since 1979, we have been providing homeowners and businesses throughout Northern Virginia with our award-winning customer service, outstanding products, affordable prices and superior workmanship. Whether you are in need of emergency service, preventive maintenance, a new HVAC system or you just

2022 Super Service Award

A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

HVAC Companies (584)water heaters (16)appliance repair (16)air duct cleaning (12)electrician (8)plumbers (2)chimney repair (1)home security systems (1)roofing (1)

05/21/2022

Melody R.

This morning May 21 I woke to have my house 82 degrees and climbing. My air was not working after reviewing several companies I called Brennan. The person on the phone told me tech could come today but the cast of service call is double time. I agreed, the tech would arrive around noon. Brandon arrived shortly after 12 I gave him the history, he stared checking things and explain to me his diagnosis. The capacitor. There expensive! Brandon had one one his truck replaced the old one and now I have air. I did buy a maintenance agreement everyone should. This cost me 3 times as much not having a maintenance agreement and they would have caught this before I started my air conditioner. I have asthma and the heat and pollen would have sent me to the hospital. Thank you Brandon! He was professional, and explain things to me and offered future assistant with a maintenance contract I believe Brennan looks out for the best interest of there customers! There expensive but you get what you pay for!

Description of Work
HVAC was not cooling

Work Completed On 05/21/2022

03/23/2022

Paul H.

Excellent company! I have contracted them for my HVAC annual maintenance for a couple years now and they have always done a great job. They do not overpromise or try to upsell, and, are responsive, knowledgeable, and forthright.

Description of Work
HVAC maintenance

Work Completed On 03/23/2022

11/24/2021

thomas W.

So comforting for peace-of-mind when you can trust the technician, and the company, completely, year after year, for service and maintenance of the HVAC system.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

Work Completed On 11/23/2021

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our company! We are very proud our team. It is our pleasure to have you as one of our customers and we look forward to serving you in the future.

08/20/2021

roland N.

Placed a request to several companies the night before. This company called me at 0730 the next morning and scheduled a technician to come over at my convenience the next day. The technician who showed up Billy Moore was experienced, and very professional. He found the source of the leak and advised on the next step. Will definitely recommend this company for responsiveness and professionalism.

Description of Work
Service call for leaking air conditioning duct

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our company! Your thoughts are important to us. It is our pleasure to have you as one of our customers and we look forward to serving you in the future.

06/30/2021

Gerald V.

I had an emergency A/C issue in 90 degree summer heat. My current HVAC company, with whom I have a service contract, could not accommodate me, so I called Brennan. They immediately scheduled a repair. The person they sent was timely, extremely capable and fixed the issue right away. They’ve got my business from now on!

Description of Work
HVAC System Repair

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

03/13/2021

Austin D.

[UPDATE] After intervention by the owner to address some early problems, I have significantly upgraded my view of Brennan's. I would definitely reach out to them for future HVAC needs. It took a number of visits for Brennan's fully resolve an issue with our furnace. Although I wish they had done a little more diagnostic work early on, I appreciate that these systems are complicated and that they were trying the cheapest solutions first. A customer service issue prompted the owner to get involved. He was extremely helpful and our furnace was quickly fixed.

Description of Work
Repair furnace

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

10/31/2020

Joy K.

I was moving into a newly purchased home just in time for winter, so I wanted someone to come out and inspect and maintain my HVAC. Brennan's reached out to me the day after I requested a quote, and quickly scheduled the appointment. George (the technician) was friendly and knowledgeable, and reported back to me on the condition of the different system components as he inspected them. He also noticed that the front panel protecting the heating coils was loose and only held together by tape (whomever installed the system was too lazy to properly insert the cover in its allocated groove), and he took the time to fit it into the groove and screw it in. I was very happy with my experience, and will be using Brennan's again.

Description of Work
HVAC maintenance

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

08/02/2020

Myra H.

It went great. Aaron was honest and clear.

Description of Work
General AC check and coolant

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

07/23/2020

thomas W.

Service was requested on what was the hottest day of the year thus far, with temperatures reaching 99 to 100, and with a dose of humidity to match. Technician immediately diagnosed needed repair, and proceeded to obtain new part, return, and perform the repair ASAP, which was a welcome relief to this senior. It is my opinion, based on years of service by Brennan's, that the technicians are top-notch, and that they are well-served by management and staff.

Description of Work
A/C repair

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

Thank you so much! We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our company! Your thoughts are important to us. It is our pleasure to have you as one of our customers for so many years and we look forward to serving you in the future.

06/22/2020

Margaret G.

great! The tech explained everything well!

Description of Work
inspected a bringing smell coming from the attic and checked filters

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/06/2020

Jeanne P.

My A/C was making a funny noise. I got quotes ranging from $850 to a new one at $6,000. Thanks to Brennan’s honesty, fixing my A/C cost $80 for a part plus labor.

Description of Work
Fix Air conditioning unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/06/2020

03/29/2020

Leo M.

Rick Michaels, Brennan’s technician, installed a new Carrier furnace, humidifier, and A/C system at our home on 20 March 20. He and is crew showed up on time, worked diligently throughout the day, and were extremely professional and courteous. They did an exceptional job and explained key aspects regarding humidifier, furnace filter, and new digital thermostat upon completion. They also cleaned up and wiped everything down prior to departure. Would also like to thank Liz Cain who assisted us with 0% financing and the other sales and admin staff at Brennnan’s who ensured the contract was accurate with appropriate Carrier rebate, as well as registering all warranties with Carrier. Bottom line, we have used Brennan’s for the past 6-7 years for all our HVAC needs and will continue to do so well into the future. Truly outstanding and trustworthy company; thank you again!

Description of Work
Installed New HVAC System

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

02/17/2020

Angie L.

They do a great job. I have been using them for years.

Description of Work
General HVAC maintenence.

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

07/21/2019

Heidi B.

Our experience with Brennan's from beginning to end was outstanding! We began the process by meeting with John at our home for an estimate on the HVAC replacement. We also interviewed two other Angies list "A" companies, but John's knowledge of the various Carrier units, willingness to explain everything in detail, and responsiveness led us to choose Brennan's for our HVAC needs. When the time came for installation, the two man team who worked on our project were totally professional, pleasant, and helpful. Their work was excellent and when they finished, they left the work spaces clean We love our new systems and are so pleased with the service from Brennan's from sales to installation. By far, this is the best HVAC company we have ever work with!

Description of Work
Replaced 1st Floor HVAC, Heat Exchanger, & Heat Pump

Work Completed On 05/03/2019

06/07/2019

Pat S.

Excellent service. Rick was superb.

Description of Work
Maintenance check for heating and AC.

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

05/14/2019

Linda T.

Excellent. Very good. Used them for years. On time, courtesy and they do great work.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

04/22/2019

Hal W.

They arrive on time and clean after themselves.

Description of Work
They took out the old furnace and installed a new carrier gas furnace and they tested the system and stuff.

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

04/16/2019

Curtis H.

When my heat pump wasn’t functioning in the morning, I of course called Brennan’s. I have used them in the past. Unfortunately, they were unable to schedule me for several days. That is, of course, completely understandable. What is not understandable, however, is their receptionist telling me that I am “wasting her time” when I express concern about possibly finding service sooner. Is that possibly a waste of your time? You bet! Should you EVER talk to a customer that way? Definitely not! How incredibly rude! I can assure you that I will not be wasting my time when I ensure that negative reviews of your customer service are made known to other potential customers. Spend your money with somebody who can at least be polite!

Description of Work
Heat Pump Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to service your HVAC system and we appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate to hear about your experience with one of our Customer Service Reps. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, when necessary, improve upon the services that we provide our valued customers. At Brennan's, We take great pride in providing our customers with an exceptional customer service experience and i can assure you that this matter is being handled immediately. We hope to earn your business again.

03/23/2019

Janna C.

Brennan's did a great job, promptly at a decent price and we would definitely hire them again. Our technician Rick explained everything he did and even helped us figure out a confusing set of thermostats in the house covering everything from radiators, to forced air and heated floors. Thank you Rick!

Description of Work
HVAC servicing and advice on zone layout

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

03/22/2019

Barb B.

This is my second system with them. The last one was 12 years old. The Tech, Mike, explained why the whole system needed to be replaced and he was very insightful about which unit to pick, pros/cons. Also, they keep up on what is being discontinued to help with decision of unit purchase. They also recommended getting the air ducts cleaned since there seemed to be a lot of build up. We had just finished some bathrooms being gutted and a few years earlier getting the basement finished. It seems obvious now that all the construction dust was building up in the system. The service and staff are amazing. It's nice to have a vendor I can trust and I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off every time I need a repair. I am a customer for life.

Description of Work
AC Installation

Work Completed On 03/21/2019

02/23/2019

Ryan S.

Called them on Tuesday for an old system inspection appointment, they were there an hour later. Purchased two new HVAC systems, humidifier in the downstairs unit, and UV filters in both units on Wednesday. Installation was completed between 0900 and 1530 on Friday. Great team, great customer service, easy and fast process to purchase, schedule, and install. 10/10 would hire again.

Description of Work
HVAC System Inspection and New HVAC System Installation

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

02/14/2019

Evelyn S.

Working on it now. Shocked by the price of the hose. Should be a few bucks. Charging $74. Technician says it's Brennan's price, not due to their vendor. I have to pay, since I'm already paying for labor under my contract. Will have to consider other companies when it's time to renew.

Description of Work
HVAC annual contract, various repairs, most recently humidifier water hose

Work Completed On 02/14/2019