Paramount Builders Inc

Founded 1991 • With Angi since May 2006

501 Central Dr

Virginia Beach, VA 23454

Paramount Builders is the East Coast’s premier home improvement replacement products company. We are proud to be “Improving our Community, One Home at a Time”. As a company, our goal is to establish the highest standard of excellence and integrity for our industry in our market and beyond. The cornerstone of our excellence is our products. We use only the absolute finest materials made. At Paramount Builders we are not just selling windows, siding, roofing and doors. We are selling our family, our reputation and our commitment to excellence. Our products are backs with unbeatable warranties to reassure our customers that they will continue to receive the benefits of our products for years to come....

4.2

window replacement (296)siding companies (114)roofing (92)door installation (97)gutter repair (83)home builder (31)woodworking (21)garage doors (19)insulation (15)decks & porches (12)general contractors (10)house painting (8)

01/11/2022

Teresa N.

Showed up late, had to call to find out where they was. They went to another job first when i was to be the first. Then to here more about one persons drama with 2 baby mamas keeping in mind just had my mothers funeral about the week before and the f word and complaining they did because the 2 windows was not measured correctly by to to 3 inches on each side, was told it would be 89 more weeks to get new ones. OK over 8 weeks later i had to call to see when they would be in. To be told i don't know. Then when they called me to schl the new windows was a Monday and told them i could not do it that week for pre op appointments. The man in the back ground says. " we give you 3 days choose one or will have to pay for the total bill because it would go past the 90 days from when i was approved for finance. Not my fault and they needed to get it straight. news ones put in with attitudes from the workers because i complained about them in the 1 install and they got spoken to. Sloppy work, insulation around the windows was sticking out and they did not care, caulking was way sloppy on both windows. so from being approved in july and install late sept, early oct to now Jan. 10 and still having issues. Notice water beading in the big window that if there was a leak would not be where this was. I have been stressed to the core with this company. They do not care for the people that keep them in business. Take money and shabby work, windows are not as good as they show you in their demo. if this helps others to not go through this that would be good. They need to make things right for everyone not just for the ones that give them 5 stars. just because you did good for one does not mean you did good for everyone else.

Description of Work
3 windows 1 being big 2 slider

Category contractors,replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

Review for Paramount Builders Inc - 501 Central Dr, Virginia Beach, VA - 39593466

08/02/2021

KENT V.

A bit of a wait for the materials but once they arrived installation was quick and painless

Description of Work
Windows and Siding

Category siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

08/02/2021

JAMES E.

They did a great job. Would recommend to anyone who wants quality work completed on their homes.

Description of Work
New gutters and wrap

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/02/2021

DALE A.

French door removal was quickly completed. The sliding glass door was assembled on our deck and installed. All trash, packing material, and the French door were removed.

Description of Work
French door removal and sliding glass door install.

Category contractors,doors

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

BERNARD H.

Paramount Builders was a pleasure to work with from the first phone call to schedule the appointment, to the salesman's visit and the awesome workers that installed our trim. We are extremely pleased with the work and quality.

Description of Work
Trim

Category contractors

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Michael L.

Everything went. On time, finished and cleaned up much faster than expected.

Description of Work
N/A

Category contractors,replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/08/2021

01/22/2021

Edward P.

Installed Leaf Slugger gutter guards. Replaced damaged gutters. Installed all new oversized downspouts.

Description of Work
It went exceptionally well. The job took a full day to complete due to the size of the house. The installer had a 3-man professional crew. The crew paid close attention to detail ensuring quality workmanship. Quality materials were used on the job.

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

11/23/2020

Audrey W.

Due to a bad leaky roof I began researching roofing contractors. I've literally sought out over a dozen companies. To make a long story as short as possible...I came across Paramount Builders who I'll continue to refer to as "PB". I apparently had been a previous customer of theirs years ago to have the soffit replaced on my old house for about $4K. Yeah I think that was a LOT but it was years ago, and I was a single first time home buyer and trusted their "expertise". Fast forward to today and I decided to reach back out (against my better judgement) but thought what's the harm in receiving even more info to further educate myself & compare quality/pricing info. The first sales agent, Michael, was very knowledgeable, friendly, respectful, & honest I do suppose. I did not receive any kind of an ill vibe from him. Other than the price quote of $13K to replace the roof of my 2K sqft. home, all was ok. He made a rather honest attempt at trying to work with me on the cost but to no avail it just didn't work out for us. No harm, no foul and I was okay with that. I had explained to Mike that I respect their pricing but at this present time I would not be able to accept and proceed due to my current financial situation. When it rains it also pours as I've had to deal with an $8K re-pipe and drywall in my home, foundational issue, now roofing issues, and possibly an HVAC replacement all in the midst of a pandemic. Mike & I parted ways with no hard feelings. Today, 11/23 I receive a call from PB again to offer their assistance once more to come down to what they made sound like an attainable price for my budget/financial situation. I told the rep that I'm not interested in anything gimmicky nor do I want my time nor theirs wasted. To which she overly confidently stated to me "THIS IS WHAT THEY DO"! So I felt well assured to allow them to come back out & talk numbers with me so we can proceed further with this project. I was hopeful & ecstatic as they were my preferred choice over a dozen other companies/contractors. So then Mr. Cliff Ealy (VP of PB) arrives and 5 minutes later he departs. To make an even longer story shorter he spent about 4 of those 5 minutes LITERALLY SCOPING OUT MY HOUSE!!! There was very minimal eye contact as 90% of his attention was spent perusing the inside of my house. While compliments and attention can be flattering, too much can feel overwhelming and uncomfortable. That is exactly how Mr. Ealy made me feel. It was the equivalent of being undressed by a pervert with their eyes as they imagine having what they can't have. Being a Vet with PTSD and MST I felt very violated by Mr. Ealy's behavior. He persisted on and on and on about how nice and beautiful my home is & the things that are inside. It really made me question his legitimacy with the company & if he was really a real sales rep of PB at all! His business card that he passed to me upon his entry was anything but clean/crisp. Mr. Ealy asked me about my job and what it is that I do. None of this was asked by the first sales rep, & I didn't feel comfortable with Mr. Ealy asking me; especially since it's not like he would really need the info to process any financial paperwork, so I didn't see the relevance. This line of questioning & behavior made me feel violated in a way for him to take advantage of me using his perception to deem how "financially sound" I am for my household. At the end of his overly extended visit (all 5 minutes of it), he left with the attitude of "good luck to ya". To paraphrase what he said to the tune of "it doesn't seem like you can't afford our pricing, this price is the best we're gonna do for you, and good luck to ya". I wanted to use this company if by some financial miracle I could, because I was impressed with their other reviews, status, & quality of product. It was never my intentions to try to "get over on them" or attempt to wheel/deal my way into undercutting their value and their reputation that I'm sure they've worked very hard for. I'll be sure to keep all doors locked & security alarm ON for peace of mind.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 11/23/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we are so sorry to hear that the project wasn't possible for you. We appreciate your honesty and will be reaching out to you shortly regarding this instance. Best, PBI

08/17/2020

Angela K.

Wonderful, I would absolutely use them again

Description of Work
Windows

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed] Thank you so much for your recommendation. We appreciate your business & look forward to working with you in the near future!

07/18/2020

Don W.

Had a 15 year old kid dropped off to do the majority of the work removing the siding. Since the new siding has been installed it has fallen off the house at least 5 times now. Pieces are not finished and the workmanship look like crap to put it nicely. Majority of the repairs for the siding falling off the house has consisted of the young 15 year kid, literally got his drivers license last month, putting a few nails in the trim that has since fallen off the house again. Paramount builders is nothing more than a fast sale scam. what good is descent quality material if i falls off the house every other day.

Description of Work
New siding installed

Category insulation,siding,home builders

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm so sorry that our work was done incorrectly. We will be sure to send a professional out to complete the work properly. Our Production manager will be reaching out to you today to make this right!

06/23/2020

Alison M.

both crews did an amazing job, were very friendly and professional. the products they installed were of such great quality that we are even more pleased than expected, and we expected a lot. we would highly recommend either of these crews from paramount. great job all the way around, and our 1888 home looks like new and is very energy efficient now and will surely last a couple hundred more years!!!

Description of Work
siding and new windows

Category siding,replacement windows,home builders

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

Ms [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the outstanding review! We hope you love your new windows & siding

Jay S.

Our roof looks truly amazing! Everyone was so professional. Thank you for improving the look and function of our house. We know we have a quality roof!! We are worry free!! Thank you!!

Description of Work
New Roof for our house

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thank you for your A rating review! We appreciate you

Cynthia C.

The product quality use was excellent. The work was done with a good clean-up of the yard during and at the end of the project. They were timely and were done as specified.

Description of Work
I had an entire roof replaced.

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your A rating review. We appreciate you choosing Paramount Builders.

Kevin S.

This is the second time I have had home windows replaced by Paramount Builders. As with the first time, survey and installation were excellent! The windows are a great product and as before, will definitely reduce my home heating/cooling costs. Howard and jis team did a fast and efficient job of installing the windows and cleanup.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thank you for choosing Paramount Builders once again! We appreciate you being a loyal customer.

05/20/2020

Zachann T.

It went very well and the installer was very knowledgeable

Description of Work
N/A

Category gutter repair,home builders

Work Completed On 05/12/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words about our company. We appreciate you choosing Paramount Builders! Call us anytime. Best, PBI

05/20/2020

Wayne W.

Crew was on time, very minimal disruptions, quality craftmanship, very professional and polite, excellent cleanup, very very happy.

Description of Work
new roof

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for the A+ review! We are so glad to hear that you experience was exception. Please give us a call if you ever need additional work done. We appreciate you! -PBI

05/17/2020

MICHELLE D.

Custom ordered 2 windows for replacement in almost 100 year old home. Order took about 6 weeks for custom size. Installation team (Paul) was on time, professional and completed very quickly. Intend to use this company again for remainder of vinyl trim wrap. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Work Completed On 05/17/2020

Review for Paramount Builders Inc - 501 Central Dr, Virginia Beach, VA - 38571496

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your A review! We are so glad that we could help replace your windows and keep your home looking modern and fresh. We look forward to helping you in the future! Best, PBI

05/07/2020

Charlie G.

Window pit crew did get. Showed up on time and got the windows installed in no time at all. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Window installation

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and are glad to hear our crews are working hard for you.

05/05/2020

Mary H.

everything went well. crew was on time. did a good job and cleaned up afterward. in the past paramount has done windows. gutters. doors and siding for me i am pleased with their work.

Description of Work
new roof

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking the time to write an A+ review for Paramount Builders. We appreciate your honesty and are enthralled to hear that you love the look of your new home. Enjoy, Katie

04/23/2020

Jane/Sherman L.

Great job! Very professional installer!Thank You!

Description of Work
windows

Category home builders

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

Thank you for your 5 star review! We hope you love your new home.

04/19/2020

Shelley C.

The house looks amazing. The Ellis Brothers were courteous and professional from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Siding and trims

Category siding,home builders

Work Completed On 04/19/2020

Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for taking the time to write a positive review for our installers. We appreciate your business and hope you love the new look of your home. Best, Katie

04/16/2020

KEITH K.

After almost 3 hours I didn't get a price quote because we weren't signing a window contract that day.No follow up from the salesman(call or e-mail).Guess they don't need any of our money.

Description of Work
WIndow replacement

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry that you did not receive a price quote. We are happy to come by and give you one. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will address this with our sales team. Best, Kelly