Bob's Jobs

Founded 2012 • With Angi since September 2012

433 Bethune Dr

Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Small Class "C" contractor providing handyman repairs and renovations and remodeling services; Bob is the owner and runs the business, while 3 skilled technicians work in the field. Major plumbing, electrical or HVAC work is subcontracted. Payment by check or cash due on satisfactory completion.

07/19/2017

Frank D.

Bob has done a wide variety of jobs for me over the past couple of years and I am completely satisfied with his work. He has built a shed, built shelves, repaired cabinets and brick work on my porch, pressure washed the house and several other varied jobs. If you need more expert plumbing or electrical he will point you to reliable companies. He tells you exactly what needs to be done, pays attention to detail, prices fairly, and is a nice guy to work with. If something is not quite right, he works to make it right.

07/15/2017

JOHN B.

the work was done well and on schedule

Description of Work
repair of deck, repair of guttering, and construction of doorway to crawl space

Category gutter repair, handyman service, deck cleaning, doors

06/07/2017

Susan M.

Bob came out to look. He had come from the doctor, was limping due to a fall. He insisted he could do the work, along with a helper. He promised to call with a price. I never heard back from him.

Description of Work
Painting a living room ceiling and repairing a gutter.

09/14/2015

Charles M.

We met with the owners of Bob's Job and they reviewed the details of the work with us. A couple of days later they requested that we meet in our home with them and the workman assigned to the job - to let him review in detail what we wanted and what he would deliver. They all were cordial and professional, and promised an estimate in a day or two, which they did and we accepted. The job was scheduled a week or two later. This was a several day job, and the workman arrived promptly on time each day. The work progressed nicely each day and was done in a workman like and professional manner. We were consulted frequently regarding options and to ensure that the results would meet our desires.He was careful to clean up each day prior to departing and did a through job of cleaning when the job was completed. He insured that work cloths were laid from the entryway through the house to the bathroom and removed them each evening. He confined himself to the work at hand and acted in a professional manner at all times. The finished work was precisely what we wanted and looked fantastic. We are very pleased with the outcome. I will say that the estimate was a significantly higher than we anticipated and we were uncertain we would accept it. But our final decision was based on "You get what you pay for" and we are glad we chose Bob's Jobs and we are happy with all their work.

Description of Work
Refinish Master Bath: Caulk all holes and flaws in walls, Paint walls and ceiling, reinstall install vanity with new sink top (owner provided), re-plumb the sink with new PVC pipe, install new medicine chest (owner provided), reinstall storage cabinet, lay new tile floor (owner provided tile & grout), install new (owner provided) baseboard.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, interior painters

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. It was a pleasure doing business with you, a client who understood the value of what we have to offer.

09/13/2015

Venera G.

My husband and i are not very handy. We had bedroom curtains fell out and the wall had several holes and definately it was out of our league to install the bracket back to the wall. So we called bobs jobs and made an appointment. When he came to the house he started to work on it. First attempt the bracket didnt hold so he patched the wall again and left saying it needed to be dried more. He came back the same day in the afternoon , put thebracket but told us to wait 24 hours to put the rod. He never mentioned that the wall was too damaged and said it would work. We then paid him 170. The next morning we tried to put the curtains back and the bracket was so loose everything fell on us. I called him and his wife answered. I told her what was going on and I couldnt believe how rude and unprofessional she was. She said that i wanted a "quick fix" and thats what i got form wanting that. She continue saying that the wall was too damaged and needed more work , precisely 4 hours of more work. I was stunned. First of all i never said i wanted a quick fix. I was very willing to pay whatever money for a good job. Second of all, why didnt he say something when after the first unsuccessful attempt the bracket obviously was not holding? Anyway, they never offered to fix it, they were only trying to get more money from us. And more pathetic was that my husband moved the bracket couple of inches away from the damaged wall and we were able to hang the curtains again!! I cannot believe Angie's list support this provider. We are disappointed because obviously we have been ripped off. Thanks a lot Bobs jobs. He should not be in this business.

Description of Work
Curtains bracket .

Category handyman service

We were asked to show up and try to hang curtain rods on a wall that was in need of repair. We were advised by the client that the work "should not take longer than an hour." Upon arrival, Bob found the walls to be in poor condition, with multiple failed holes. There were screws in the walls without anchors and this had damaged the drywall. As we were under the impression that the clients were on a budget, Bob proceeded to patch and sand the many holes. He returned in the afternoon to finish, after allowing for drying time and was able to get 3 of the 4 brackets to hold. He advised the clients to wait until the patches had completely dried overnight before attempting to hang the heavy drapes. Unfortunately, the bracket apparently failed the next day and we were called by the wife who stated she "paid for nothing." We offered to return to repair the wall again, and indicated we would discount the cost of the second visit. We explained that we would need to replace the badly damaged section of drywall and that this repair, to include cutting out the old drywall, installing a new section of drywall and then patching, mudding, sanding and painting, could take as much as four hours. Unfortunately, what can appear to be a simple and quick "fix" by a homeowner is not always the case. Since the first attempt at a repair had failed, we felt we needed to advise our budget-minded client of the worst case scenario (in this case, four hours of labor) so that there wouldn't be any unpleasant surprises in the end. [member's name removed] terminated the conversation after we offered to return to make the suggested repairs to the drywall. We were able to reach her husband about the offer and the discount to be applied to any additional work. He indicated he would speak with his wife and get back to us, but we never heard from either one of them again. We are pleased to learn that the husband was able to get the curtain bracket to hold by moving it "a few inches away from the damaged wall".

07/13/2015

Donna L.

Referred me to Help Around the house as they don?t do work in Portsmouth. Would contact them for any work done in Virginia Beach.

Description of Work
Referred me to Help Around the house as they don’t do work in Portsmouth. Would contact them for any work done in Virginia Beach.

Category interior painters

Thank you, [Member name removed], we appreciate the feedback and we hope that your needs have been taken care of by Help Around the House in Portsmouth.

06/11/2015

Jean M.

I have changed my review about Bob's Jobs. Jo, Bob's office person and significant other, is marvelous. Very professional and helpful with details. Bob has come out to my house and not only fixed a couple of minor things on the spot (thanks!), but helped me make some decisions about what I needed to do. He also told me what I didn't need to have done, saving me some money in the long run. He is also very professional and a kind man, to boot. This is not your average run-of-the-mill odd job company. They are not inexpensive, but from the contact I've had with them and from the other reviews, I can tell they provide a quality product. I'm going to have them do my bathroom as a test run, and then I will go from there. My sense is that they are very trustworthy. I think my initial negative experience with them was a missing of signals and a fluke. Overall I would definitely recommend this company. If my mother lived in town (she lives at a higher socioeconomic level than I do), I would place her in their hands in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
They will be painting my bathroom in the near future.

Category interior painters

We apologize for not getting back to you as promised. That is not the type of quality customer service we generally provide. Being a "working supervisor", Bob has been working in the field during the days and taking care of administrative work in the evenings and on weekends. So, yes, he is busy, but we still believe in responding to inquiries as quickly as possible and always within 24 hours. Most phone calls are directed to Jo, the other owner of Bob's Jobs, at 757-318-0484. This is the phone number on our website and most forms of advertising. She schedules estimates and appointments. We are not trying to make excuses, but perhaps if we had processed the call through our usual channels, [Member Name Removed] would have had her inquiry responded to more quickly efficiently. We plan to look into our internet and print media advertising to make certain the correct phone number is listed so that this problem doesn't happen again. Again, we apologize for the disappointing customer service.

10/01/2014

Michael S.

They are excellent. They are very professional, on time and very responsive. They do quality work. The quality of service is fine.

Description of Work
We are using Bob's Jobs. They are installing fixtures.

Category handyman service

[Member Name] is our ideal client; she appreciates the quality of our work as well as our responsiveness. We look forward to helping her out with her handyman needs as well as renovations and remodeling in the future.

08/19/2014

Edward M.

Description of Work
Workmen replaced a corrugated plastic roof over screened deck and repainted entire deck structure. The previous roof had been poorly installed and leaked. This time, Bob's crew got it right. We are very pleased with the result and with their workmanship. I would not hesitate to recommend Bob's Jobs for home repair and improvement projects.

Category flooring contractor, roofing, deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

We appreciate the feedback and are pleased that our client is pleased, especially when you consider that the work involved greater skill than most handyman tasks.

07/29/2014

Rosemont F.

The level of communication of this company was excellent. The quality of the work was high. The only negative was a change in cost due to the job taking longer than expected. In all other respects a great company to do business with!

Description of Work
They repaired a partially downed fence and a gutter hanging down that needed to be reattached.

Category fencing, gutter repair, handyman service

We appreciate the feedback. This client has now hired us for additional repairs, indicating he is very happy to do business with us.

06/27/2014

Rachel C.

Rich Fischer did a great job. Had to come back a second day to paint the second door, and we got our signals crossed about when that would be, but the result was worth the wait.

Description of Work
replaced and painted one inside door and one outside door. Outside door had to have entire frame replaced.

Category interior painters, doors

06/10/2014

Kathryn A.

Excellent!

Description of Work
Office repairs.

05/14/2014

Kathryn A.

03/05/2014

DAWN B.

Bob and Jo at Bob's Jobs are pleasant to do business with. They are competent and quick in their flawless execution of their trade. I can find no fault with the installation, and I am very pleased with the outcome, the price paid and the experience as a whole.

Description of Work
Replaced vinyl floor in 2nd floor full bathroom and 1st floor laundry / utility room.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

01/12/2014

Jennifer M.

Great work. Only criticism would be that I would have liked him to have done a better job cleaning up after the work was done. I feel it was an oversight on his part and probably doesn't normally happen.

Description of Work
Installed a hanging Yoga Swing.

Category handyman service, interior painters

To say I am confused by this review would be an understatement. In this project, I drilled 2 small pilot holes into the ceiling joists of an 11 foot ceiling, then hand turned two eye-bolts into the holes. I was on a ladder with a large drop cloth under the ladder. I cannot fathom how I could have left any dust in their yoga room from the drilling of two small holes.

Home Genius Exteriors

Soft Wash Mafia

Established in December of 2020, we specialize in various types of extetior cleanings for both residential and commercial projects. There's no job too big or too small we won't do. Estimates are always at no charge, and are custom built to meet the need. Call us today, we aim to please. "Bada Boom, Bada Bing! look, it's clean! Forget about it!" The Boss

2022 Super Service Award

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

2022 Super Service Award

Handyman repair services, to include light carpentry and plumbing, drywall repairs, interior painting, deck repair and construction, pressure washing, tiling, "Honey-Do's." "Small jobs" services include furniture assembly, curtain rod and shower rod installations, mirror/picture hanging, changing light bulbs.

Roofing, landscaping, lawn work.