Steadfast Construction Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2007

Financing Available. / We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with great diversity among our two dozen - plus builders. / VA Lic. # 2705-058852A *** We Schedule Appointments for: • Monday – Thursday: 1pm, 3pm, 5pm & 7pm • Friday: 1pm, 3pm & 5pm • Saturday: 9am, 11am & 1pm...

Curved Deck

+20 more images

decks & porches (412)patio enclosures (77)woodworking (50)Patios (47)deck cleaning (30)fence company (22)electrician (22)hardscaping (21)screen repair (20)lighting (19)door installation (17)roofing (16)

09/21/2022

Jerri Lynn W.

The contractor did the work as discussed within the budget and on schedule. The crew was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
A screen porch was built on top of our existing deck structure. The contactor had to design, permit and construct the structure.

Category decks, sunrooms

Work Completed On 03/15/2022

03/03/2022

Janine G.

Deck built ten years ago and was fine for a number of years and has been scrupulously professionally maintained. Large portion of deck is crumbling and dangerous. They claim that the pressure treated lumber at the time was a problem and not their fault. Would not offer me anything to remedy.

Description of Work
A large deck on a single family home

Category decks, pressure washing

Work Completed On 03/03/2011

01/01/2022

Paul B.

My wife and I own a single-family home near Herndon Virginia. We had Steadfast Construction build a new deck and covered porch for us this past November and recommend them strongly. Nick was our sales representative. He provided an easy-to-read estimate on time and within our budget. He always followed up in a very timely manner during the project. He also provided building plans in 3-D pictures we needed to get approval from our homeowners association. He was very knowledgeable and personally pleasant. His professionalism was a major reason that we went with Steadfast Construction. Rene was our foreman. He was extremely hard-working and professional. We are extremely happy with our deck and porch and highly recommend Steadfast Construction.

Description of Work
Building the new deck and screen porch

Category ceramic tile, decks

Work Completed On 11/17/2021

Review for Steadfast Construction Inc - 111 Berry St SE, Vienna, VA - 39585704

04/27/2021

JIM R.

I called/e-mailed five different companies to get bids to replace the decking boards on my old deck. Steadfast was one of only two companies that responded. I made an appointment. Their employee arrived on time, with samples, explained the options, later provided an estimate in writing, and was very thorough. It took several weeks to get on their schedule to get the work done. I was contacted about 48 or 72 hours before the work was to start. The installer arrived on time, removed the old decking and rail cap, installed additional joists and the new Fiberon decking. Very clean installation.

Description of Work
Replace decking and top rail on existing old deck with Fiberon decking.

Work Completed On 01/23/2021

04/01/2021

Colgate S.

Excellent! Steadfast built a beautiful, high quality deck and 3-season room for us. Nelson, the master carpenter assigned to our project is highly skilled, hardworking, responsive, and punctual every day. It's obvious he takes great pride in his work. His assistant, Kevin, worked tirelessly and effectively. They were an excellent team. Nelson offered helpful suggestions we used on our project. The company owner stopped by frequently to check on progress and we were treated like a valued customer. Highly recommend Steadfast. We would definitely choose them again.

Description of Work
Deck replacement and 3-season screened porch construction

Category ceramic tile, decks, electrician, roofing, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, sunrooms

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

Review for Steadfast Construction Inc - 111 Berry St SE, Vienna, VA - 39275940

12/06/2020

Scott H.

Steadfast built a new deck for us five years ago, and just finished a front porch for us this week. For design and options, we worked with Miguel both times and he was fantastic to work with. He was very knowledgeable about the projects , and was able to provide a variety of 3-D renderings which were both helpful for us to review, as well as for HOA approval. Omar was fantastic with communication for both projects and kept us abreast every step of the way. We had the pleasure of having Franklin and his team build both the deck and front porch. There is nobody better to work with than Franklin and his work and attention to detail is outstanding! Over the years, we have done a number of home improvement projects. The ones that rate the best by far, are the two that were completed by Steadfast and built by Franklin and his team. They are first class and we look forward to working with them in the future. Thank you Steadfast and thank you Franklin for a superb experience!

Description of Work
Back Deck/Front Porch

Work Completed On 12/06/2020

Thank you for your kind sentiments in regards to Steadfast. We pride ourselves on being a "top-down" approach company. From the owners, the office administration, the Design Consultant to the Foreman and crews, It's always a team effort. We welcome the new year 2021 after last... It,s all uphill from here. Best, Jack Prins GM

11/18/2020

Michelle S.

Very willing to work with us on our ideas. The crew was punctual and friendly. When complete they cleaned up the area well. They built us a beautiful deck which far exceeded our expectations. We found a few small problems after the work was complete. They came out immediately and corrected them to our satisfaction. All in all a good experience and would use them again.

Description of Work
Deck Built

Category decks, deck cleaning, garage builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Review for Steadfast Construction Inc - 111 Berry St SE, Vienna, VA - 39050959

Thank you for your kind words. It means so much to the crews when good folks like you point out the efforts they put in to provide a great project. Though it’s a company wide effort, it’s the craftsmanship that often separates Steadfast from the others.

09/18/2020

Eric H.

Fantastic! Scheduling was a little bit back and forth, but the Lumber shortages in the USA. explained by Miguel my point of contact, were the real reason behind this. I have been involved in 5 different decks over my lifetime from a gargantuan on in Vienna to a small little replacement in Florida. I was unsure what to expect at first as my Spanish was rusty but Franklin the my builder from Steadfast, was able to easily explain to me what they were doing whenever I asked. The demo'd my deck on day 1, reinforced and sister-ed joists and dropped my new interior 8 X 12 beam and dug footings, day 2 and wrapped up steps and cleaning on day 3. They router-ed joints that I could touch, and set the floor decking down so that as it dries it will have even openings over time. The lumber was of superior quality (#1) pressure treated all around.from what I could see. I consulted with the deck requirements on the Fairfax County websites and they followed them exactly, as best I could tell. Franklin and his guys were very polite, thoughtful and explained things in a way my engineering brain could understand. If I had another job I would seek them out again in a heartbeat. I would recommend them to anyone that asked and wish them every success in the future.

Description of Work
I needed my Deck repaired

Category decks, garage builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

We thank this client for bearing with us during these tremendously difficult times, From finding wood to build the structue, decking and railing material for completion...we've been tested. This fairfax project was a treat to build primarily because of an extremely gracious and patient client. These words of praise mean more than a referral and speak volumes as to the pride we feel when they are given so freely.

08/27/2020

Elisa C.

This company never even responded to my initial request via Angie's list NOR did they return a single phone call. I know that deck companies are swamped with business right now, but someday the work will slow down so they should still be polite enough to at least call and say, "Sorry, your job is too small for us to divert resources to right now" or "So sorry, but we cannot accept any new jobs until 2021"

Description of Work
I was simply requesting an estimate for work to be done--143 linear feet of paddock fence and a remodel of our deck ramp to change it to stairs and to tie it in with a second staircase to access the backyard

Category decks, fencing

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

This prospect is right, we wish we had enough employees to stay ahead of the overwhelming number of calls, emails and estimate requests coming through each day. Though we have hired additional personnel to help with the overload here in the office, we still find ourselves unable to respond to all requests. Our short term solution has been to focus on those clients that have projects which fall within the scope of what we do. Unfortunately, this prospects fence and ramp would not fall within the scope of work we perform. It's a shame we had to receive a poor grade from them; fortunately, almost all others have been much more understanding as we navigate these uncharted times together.

06/04/2020

carrie S.

A waste of time to meet with someone when they never actually give you an estimate. Update to add: After posting my initial review, I received a phone call from Steadfast apologizing for their oversight. They promptly sent me my estimate for our deck and Miguel quickly and efficiently answered my questions and provided updated estimates. We have not yet selected a contractor so we are not sure if we will be using them or not.

Description of Work
We had someone out for an estimate to install a deck. He said it would be a few weeks to get the estimate. We never received an estimate. They may do good work but I won't know since they never bothered to send me an estimate.

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 05/06/2020

Thank you for the opportunity to correct an oversight. The recent flood of quote request took us by surprise; however, some recent hires have relieved the back log from design reps. like Miquel. Again, thank you. Best, Jack GM

05/03/2020

Keriann B.

Overall, very happy with finished product, and would definitely use again! Communicaton was great throughout in keeping us informed what would happen each day; workers very efficient at demo-ing old deck, putting new ones up, cleaning up, etc., and even fixed a simple odd end or two that wasn't necessarily in the contract. Only compliant (and while a small one, it's the reason for B's in Quality & Responsiveness) is that on the final day when putting the matching brown deckboards on top of rails (see attached pic), they extended a bit too far out from rail posts, so we wanted them cut to align better. While the workers were happy to do that, I did have to ask them to sand them down as the cutting left rough edges (it seemed like they wouldn't have done this otherwise). Also from this cutting, the outer edges of the deckboards that faced out are different color. Now while this is a very minor annoyance since almost no one will see that difference except for next door neighbors, it would have been nice for them to offer a touch up service or some advice as to how to get the colors to match or blend together. Now of major note to this is that this final day was also the day before Virginia's stay-at-home order was being instituted for Covid-19, it was about 6pm when this cutting/sanding took place, and the workers had been at the house since just before 8am. Needless to say all parties wanted this project done that day as there was certainly more important matters, so the hurriedness of the final day was undertsandable. Just hope this helps other customers in future though for similar matters.

Description of Work
Demo of upper deck; built new upper & lower decks, no stairs between

Category decks, garage builders

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

Review for Steadfast Construction Inc - 111 Berry St SE, Vienna, VA - 38537984

04/27/2020

Stacie C.

I have Steadfast an “A” for there professional expertise and superior customer support both Nick (Project Mgr) and Franklin (Bldg Foreman) were very responsive and very knowledgeable. Steadfast was also very military friendly! I appreciate that as a retired Army soldier with 25yrs of service and two combat tours. I received three proposals and theirs by far was the best value. I would use them again for any future home projects.

Description of Work
A screened in porch.

Category decks, electrician, roofing, garage builders, ceiling fans, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

03/14/2020

Nancy E.

The project went very well. Nick was our project manager - helped with all the decisions, visited multiple times to do the planning, and closely supervised the work. Manuel and his crew were great. They were always on time, very professional, cleaned up every day and completed the work on time. We had a family reunion scheduled and the deck was ready and beautiful before our guests arrived. We were also very pleased with the electrician Manuel recommended. Overall a very positive experience and we love the new deck.

Description of Work
we needed a new composite deck to replace a 30 year old wood deck

Category decks, electrician, lighting

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

03/13/2020

Phillip S.

I obtained a few quotes for the screened porch and deck that we wanted. For the features and construction details that Steadfast proposed they were reasonably priced and had excellent references. The actual construction went smoothly and finished in the time they said they would. We're very happy with the finished product.

Description of Work
Screened porch and deck

Category decks, sunrooms

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

03/08/2020

Katherine W.

It went well. We needed to replace our 34 year old deck with a new one. We didn't need anything fancy, just a 12'X19' foot deck with a stair case to the ground, which the previous deck did not have. Miguel came out in August and impressed me with his knowledge and candor when going over the different options for the deck layout and materials. His experience and Steadfast's good reviews are why I decided to go with them, and I'm glad we did. In November, the crew came out to install the deck. It took about a week to do the install, and the crew were polite and hard working despite the bitter cold that week. They cleaned up the debris afterward, and now we have a deck that we can hopefully enjoy for the next 30 years. I would go with Steadfast again in the future.

Description of Work
Replace Deck

Work Completed On 11/17/2019

03/07/2020

Carlene K.

Steadfast did a great job with our project. Miguel came out and took measurements and helped us find what worked best with the space we had available and our budget. He allowed us to express many of the design choices and helped us achieve them in the most aesthetic, quality and economical way. The professionalism, punctuality and kindness of our builders Omar and his partner were superb! They worked very quickly and did very solid and precise work. We are so very pleased with the final product and were so happy to have chosen Steadfast to work on our project and we would absolutely choose them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Screened in porch with attached deck and patio

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

Review for Steadfast Construction Inc - 111 Berry St SE, Vienna, VA - 38431486

03/04/2020

kamla B.

The entire team from Steadfast Construction was Excellent. Miguel, my initial contact was affable and returned two additional times prior to the start of the project to bring samples and to clarify my options. The crew of Renee and Able were very professional and worked long hours to get the job done in a timely manner. I am very pleased with the work and would have no hesitation recommending this company.

Description of Work
Deck Replacement

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

02/27/2020

Ada S.

everything went well and we are very pleased

Description of Work
we needed a new deck

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

02/20/2020

Jonathan C.

Exceptional workmanship, high quality materials, low pressure contracting process, detailed design (flexible with changes), on time material delivery and installation; lots of great advice on options to make our decks, porch, and patio especially useful and convenient. Mike, Matt, Joel, and Santos performed outstanding work, we were fortunate to find SteadFast Construction, and they have truly earned the high reputation they hold on Angie's list!

Description of Work
Construction of two decks, covered/screened in porch, and pavers patio.

Category decks, electrician, excavators, lighting, roofing, pavers, gravel, woodworking, ceiling fans, house painters, doors, patios

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

Review for Steadfast Construction Inc - 111 Berry St SE, Vienna, VA - 38398984

02/19/2020

Raheleh F.

Excellent! It was a smooth process. I was informed very well before the start of the process, along the way and through the end. They finished the project as planned. The outcome is great. I’m enjoying my deck very much!

Description of Work
Building a deck

Category decks, deck cleaning, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/04/2019

02/19/2020

Dusty O.

No work was performed, as Steadfast failed to provide a quote for my project. I was excited to discuss my proposed deck renovation with them, based on the many positive reviews I read on Angie's List and their very professional process of scheduling an estimate with me. However, on the date of the appointment, the salesperson failed to show. He called me shortly after we were scheduled to meet to let me know he'd been unexpectedly delayed. These things happen and certainly can be overcome, especially as he assured me he'd call me back later in the day to reschedule. However, he never called back. Two days later, I called the office to inform them of the issue and request they send someone else to estimate the job. They asked for the opportunity to see if they could dispatch someone that same day (a prospect that would have been very satisfactory, as I was available) or, failing that, to make another appointment for later in the week. Again, I was promised a callback that never came. In short, it would seem that my business was not wanted by Steadfast, which is surprising in a market with a great deal of consumer choice. Perhaps it's for the best, however, as I have often seen reliability in the bidding stage of a project portend how the job itself will go. I only wish they had not wasted my time and caused me to arrange my schedule around an appointment they could not manage to keep. UPDATE(02/25/2020):After my initial review, Steadfast's general manager reached out directly to me in order ensure his company was providing the quality service many of the other reviews here reflect. He went above and beyond to ensure his team followed-up with me in an effort to earn my business. I'm very impressed anytime a service provider seeks to overcome an initial failure, and certainly that was the case here. I'd say that speaks volumes about the character of the company and its leadership. I appreciated the professional quote Steadfast ultimately provided and will provide a further review if I choose them to complete my project. UPDATE (04/08/2020):After further discussion with the Steadfast team, I was confident they had the right approach and mindset to complete my project; so I chose to hire them over the other companies I was evaluating. Now that my deck restoration is complete, I’ve very glad I did, as their builders were skillful, conscientious, and did a terrific job. I’m very pleased with the finished result and the composite products they installed. In particular, their install lead, Nelson, was very receptive to my requests and went above and beyond to make sure the work was to my satisfaction. Despite some missteps during the initial quote phase, I appreciate how Steadfast pursued my business and ultimately delivered the job I needed at the right price. I certainly recommend them to you.

Description of Work
Deck Renovation

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

02/15/2020

Kimberly M.

We had a terrific experience with Steadfast, from estimate to completion. The project manager as well as the construction manager kept us fully apprised of details throughout the project. Very professional, courteous, and excellent follow up.

Description of Work
Deck replacement with Trex

Work Completed On 03/16/2019