Butch's Tree Service

Founded 1994 • With Angi since May 2006

5012 Shoulders Hill Rd.

Suffolk, VA 23435

If you’re looking for high quality and personal service, you’ve come to the right place. At Butch's Tree Service Inc we’ll give you the attention and personal service you’ll come to expect and enjoy. We offer the best in tree removal, grinding stumps, Emergency Tree Removal, trimming trees, pruning trees and much more. Butch's Tree Service Inc has been located Hampton Roads since 1994. Let us put our experience to work for you. Call or contact us today! Award winning. Family owned & operated....

tree service (300)hauling (7)lawn & landscaping (1)

08/28/2020

Over a week without a call to schedule. Can't give a positive review if they don't want to get in touch.

Description of Work
Tree removal.

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

08/25/2020

They may be able to trim or fall trees with precision, but they collaborate with chipdrop for mulch and the crew that delivers is awful. After boasting high quality service and seeing their work with the simple task of dumping a load of mulch i am far from impressed and even doubt they could fall a tree without damaging a house, fence or landscaping. The staff dumping was negligent with landscaping and destroyed two of my wifes plants, didn't bring what was asked for, and completely blocked my fence access. We have video that shows the woman in the truck kicking the plants over and you can hear my neighbor telling them to stop, all the woman with Butch's tree service could say was "I cant stop it now". I would never use their service nor reccomend it to the pool of friends I have spread out around the area. When you complain to Butch you get the run around saying "you cant control the dump load". Poor poor workmanship.

Description of Work
Drop multch

Category hauling services

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

Review for Butch's Tree Service - 5012 Shoulders Hill Rd., Suffolk, VA - 38827407

[Member Name Removed] and his neighbor contacted a service called getchipdrop.com which provides free wood chips to anyone that wants them (a great free service) and I volunteered to drop off a nice load of oak wood chips in the exact location in [Member Name Removed]’s yard that was requested by [Member Name Removed] (right side of house next to fire hydrant) and with the utmost precision I managed to back my 26-28 foot chip truck into this spot in [Member Name Removed]’s yard and dump the load of chips with very minimal spillover ( I have a great picture of the perfect placement) a heavy equipment operator couldn’t have done better. I really don’t understand why [Member Name Removed] is upset he got exactly what he ordered from getchipdrop.com in the exact placement he wanted,if anyone would like screenshots of [Member Name Removed] and his neighbors wood chip request please contact me and I will send screenshots of the request and the pic of the perfectly placed load of wood chips,thanks for taking the time to read my reply, also mr [Member Name Removed] you misspelled mulch

08/06/2020

We had 3 people come out to look at removing a massive oak that fell into our house. Butch was the only one that came out that didn't seem like a hustler or shady . His technical skill saved us money and his team was awesome. Amazing workers,fast and clean up was perfect . I would highly recommend using them.

Description of Work
Massive Oaktree Storm damage

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

Review for Butch's Tree Service - 5012 Shoulders Hill Rd., Suffolk, VA - 38786085

07/04/2020

Spoke with Butches Tree service on the phone, they said they’d come out, take a look, and give me a quote. Nobody ever showed up or gave me a call with a quote.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

06/16/2020

Very pleased with the work that was done. The crew was very professional, considerate and cleaned up afterwards. The trees were between the houses and Butch was very careful as to where the branches and trunks would land after cutting. The job was done in one day.

Description of Work
Remove 3 pine trees

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

Review for Butch's Tree Service - 5012 Shoulders Hill Rd., Suffolk, VA - 38647687

04/22/2020

Butch is the consummate professional. He has done work for us before, but this time was different due to the fact the tree that required removal was in our backyard which is inaccessible in regard to any large equipment. That meant climbing the tree in order to remove it piece by piece, which Butch did with the utmost of professional know how, care, and agility, something I cannot say about some other tree services that have removed trees for our neighbors. Whether it is a simple tree removal or a difficult one, Butch would always be who I would recommend, and would hire every time.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 04/25/2020

09/15/2019

Never happened. Got quote and was told (by Butch) that he would let me know one way or the other if he could do the work the next day. I called him next day and got the same response - "he would let know one way or the other". Never heard from him.

Description of Work
Broken tree limb, still attached to tree, that fell against roof needed to be removed

Work Completed On 09/05/2019

I'm sorry,your exactly 193 miles from our location and that's a bit far to drive

08/03/2019

they did an excellent, cleaning p thoroughly afterwards NOTE: II contacted and hired CUTTIN 'UP TREE CARE FOR THIS JOB. tHE COMPANY WORKS (SOMETIMES) WITHbUTCH'S TREE CARE WHEN REQUIRED. bOTH COMPANIES WORKED AS A 'TEAM', BOTH BEING VERY PROFESSIONAL--

Description of Work
Cut down and removed a 30 year old approx. 60' pine tree in what I consider tight spaces, in my Removal of a 30 year old, approx. 60' tall pine tree from my back yard in what I consider 'tight spaces'.. Also took our a 20' sweet gum tree, and a smaller tree. see my note below--

Work Completed On 08/11/2019

05/10/2019

Excellent Even removed at same price an additional dead branch we had not noticed when we did the estimate

Description of Work
Branch removsl

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

05/02/2019

When I called in the A.M. someone took my phone number and indicated he would come by in the late afternoon the same day to view the job and provide me an estimate. No one showed that afternoon, nor did I receive a call to coordinate another date for an estimate. I did not follow up because the unexplained "no-show" raises questions of reliability and dependability in my mind.

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

Tree removal, grinding stumps, trimming & pruning.