Campbell Moving & Storage Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since July 2006

22825 Davis Dr

Sterling, VA 20164

Campbell Moving is a Combat Veteran Family Business founded in 1978. The Campbell Moving mission is to be all that we can be because our customers deserve nothing less. We will be more than happy to serve you! Campbell Moving is a local, long distance, and international moving and storage company.

09/05/2022

Josh G.

Fantastic! Outstanding company, very professional, diligent, flexible, and rapid. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moving out of our old place and into our new place

Category moving companies, storage units

11/14/2021

Richard D.

If it were possible to give 6 stars to Campbell Moving, I would gladly have done it! This was our 4th move and never could I have imagined such an extraordinary experience. The guys in the crew were simply wonderful. It was a very long day for them since not only did they do the entire job in one day, they had to travel 2 hours down and back. Paul Hawkins, you promised us a trouble-free move and you delivered! Campbell Moving is a very special company. We cannot thank you enough!

Description of Work
Moved our household from Springfiled, VA to Charlottesville, VA

Category moving companies

Dear Customer, thank you so much for the kind words. I am so blessed to still be going after nearly 50 years in the business, and even more blessed to have so many great crew members that continue to perform above and beyond each day in one of the toughest jobs that a person can have. I appreciate your support of our veteran family business and wish you and your family all the best in your new home this holiday season. Bill Campbell.

09/13/2021

John K.

I used Campbell Moving for a local move and I couldn't be happier with the results. The four guys that were sent over (apologies if I'm butchering these names Chily, Jose, Migel? Youany?) were awesome!! They were professional, worked their rears off the entire time, took care of our possessions, and were accommodating of any instructions given. They were far more careful than I expected them to be and nothing got damaged. If you're curious about pricing, I called around and found Campbell to be on par with the going rate for the area. I hope I don't move again for quite some time, but if I do, I'm calling Campbell again.

Description of Work
Move a single family home

06/28/2021

Len N.

Campbell's team was outstanding start to finish. On time, as promised, professional, experienced, friendly, flexible. Wayne guided me through all choices, Nestor's team packed us well and he made invaluable labels in Arlington, VA that were worth gold when Norberto's crew unloaded us in New Orleans, Norberto is expert at reassembly, (thank gooodness), his team worked tirelessly on very hot day. I would recommend Campbell's for any move!

Description of Work
moving

Category moving companies

Dear Customer, thank you so much for the great review. I count my blessings everyday to have people such as Wayne that provide such invaluable service to our customers, just as he did the same in the Army. I’m just as blessed to have such great crews that are professional in every way. So happy to hear that your move went as expected. Thank you again. Bill Campbell

Lenny M.

I previously used JK moving earlier and was nott satisfied. so, I contacted Campbell for my second move. while JK was good, Campbell was overall way better. I encourage anyone in the Northern Virginia area to use Campbell. super experience

Description of Work
moving

Mike L.

Quick and efficient! Have worked twice with Campell moving and will use again for any big move in the future.

Description of Work
Moving

Category moving companies

Thank you so much. I have been doing this nearly 50 years and will continue right into the next generation of family so we will be here if you need us again. Bill Campbell

Whitney D.

Campbell moving was by far one of the best moving companies we’ve ever had and I’ve moved a lot so I know moving companies. From setting up the move to the moving crew, it was an excellent experience. The movers were respectful, kind and such hard workers! The head mover even positioned the carpet under our master bed for me on his own, I was so impressed. And they were such a reasonable price as well, 5 stars all the way!

Description of Work
moving

Alyssa J.

They were early and packed my entire one bedroom apartment. But there were things that they forgot even when I pointed them out. They also didn’t pack some items very carefully. While unpacking, I found a lot of candles and glasses broken.

Description of Work
moving, packing

Mike O.

It went very well. The workers were very accommodating. There were no problems.

Description of Work
moving

Poya S.

Fantastic! These guys were incredible. They literally rolled out the red carpet, covered all furniture, disassemble and reassemble thing. I refer these guys to all my clients now!

Description of Work
moving

Fred S.

On time, professional, and no damage to my property

Description of Work
moving

06/24/2021

gala M.

If there is such a thing as a relaxing pleasure amidst the stress of downsizing and moving, Campbell Moving and Storage is it! What a great team of helpful understanding professionals. All the team worked efficiently and offered “out of the box” extra courtesies. They exceeded expectations on all fronts.

Description of Work
moving

Category moving companies

WOW !!!!! Relaxing pleasure as a description of our moving process. That's fantastic and a first for sure. We might start advertising that we make all moves go like that. (: Thank you very much for your move and hope to do it again if you ever move again. Bill Campbell 703 435 2242

06/24/2021

Carol C.

Excellent work. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
moving

01/12/2021

Richard C.

They showed up on time, did everything perfectly, damaged nothing, moved quickly. I have no negative feedback. Excellent movers, kind people, good management.

Description of Work
A cross state move

We try as best we can. Thank you for your review. Bill Campbell 703 435 2242

09/22/2020

URSULA T.

Terrific. The crew we had was great. They were pros, not inexperienced kids, and it made a big difference. They worked hard and were fast. This was my 3rd whole house move and this one went much better than the previous two. I was very happy with the job they did and I would recommend Campbell moving to others.

Description of Work
Move to single family home

Category moving companies

THANK YOU !!! We are still a smallish company and don't need a hundred men showing up daily so we keep quality well trained men. You mentioned that these were not "kids". I have seen other large companies that get so overwhelmed with volume that they do occasionally have so called kids on their moves. I suspect that when saying this you are probably referring to teenage temporary Summer help. Even the largest company here in Northern Virginia hires teens and trains them in a warehouse for 2 days. Two days does not make a skilled mover. We wont send just anybody out on our moves. Thank you for bringing this up and mostly thanks for your business. Bill and Matt Campbell 703 435 2242

09/03/2020

Susan S.

They arrived 20 minutes late. Changed the agreed upon price upon arrival from $145/hr to $170/hr. Said pretty much take it or leave it. I should have left it. They dropped and broke a porcelain stool. Damaged the edge of a dresser. They were very disorganized in how they brought things to the apartment. Rugs should be put in before you fill the room with boxes that then have to be moved to put the rugs down. Then the large pieces of furniture should come in so all the boxes don’t have to be moved around in order to place the furniture in the proper place. I am left with most boxes piled up against the walls and big, heavy furniture that I have to move myself in the middle of the room. I haven’t unpacked the boxes yet so don’t know if anything’s broken inside. Altogether a very sloppy, unprofessional job and a dishonest management. Steer clear. Rip off!

Description of Work
Move from storage unit to apartment

Category moving companies

Not A Fair Review. Customer called in with description of the move out of a storage facility. We didn't move the shipment IN to the facility. Whoever moved the shipment IN did not properly pack and or protect professionally therefore the porcelain stool unfortunately was broken before even making it on to our truck. A common sense properly prepared for pack job of the item would have prevented this. Fragile items such as glass, lamps, vases, statues, etc. need proper packing prior to moving. Cutting corners due to expense can come back on ya. Also the order in which the items were in the storage unit for our loading did not give us much time to decide how it was coming off our truck in to an elevator and in to the apartment that we had limited time to use. The customer mentions she had to move furniture after we left but we are always ready and able to arrange any way asked at time of the move. My thinking is the customer just wanted to have the clock stop and not ask to get all placement exactly how she wanted. As far as the change of rate we went from a 3 man crew at a rate of $145 per hour to a 4 man crew at $170 per hour. $145 hour = $48.33 per hour per man $170 hour =$42.50 per hour per man The job hours are reduced by 25% by using an additional man. Our over the phone estimate was for 3 men to take between 5 and 6 hours plus a 1 hour travel charge. Ranging from $870 to $1015. The actual time when all said and done was 5 hours plus 1 hour travel at $170 hour $1020.00 We could have let 1 man sit in truck and use only the original 3 man crew but there was an elevator use window of time we had to do our total job in. Our foreman made the decision that we needed the 4th man after seeing the situation at the storage we were picking up. We don't always get a real clear description of the work we will be doing but this particular move was within the estimated range in price in the end. I have been in continuous business since 1978 and I am not "dishonest nor a "ripoff "

08/30/2020

Jason A. Y.

Everything went so incredibly well! The 3-man crew showed up on time and got right to work. I was amazed at how quickly, but very carefully, they were able to load the truck. Kudos to the team of Yovani, Alex, and Josue! They took great care with my furniture and boxes. And when we arrived at my new home, they were just as terrific with unloading and placing everything exactly where I wanted it. One of my now former neighbors also hired Campbell Moving for her move after learning of my great experience. I highly recommend them, and I thank them for a job well done!

Description of Work
I recently moved from Arlington to Fredericksburg, VA and needed a moving company to transport my belongings.

Category moving companies

We very much appreciate you business and time to come back and review. So often a client is perfectly pleased but gives it no mind to come back and review. Reviews are everything to a small business. Thank You Bill Campbell 703 435 2242

07/16/2020

Raj G.

Their point person was very responsive and we were able to negotiate a fair price.

Description of Work
4 bedrooms, sectional in basement, sofa/chair in family room and formal dining table/chairs.

Category moving companies

We appreciate your business and your review. Reviews are so important to small business in this day and age. Thanks From Bill and Matt Campbell 7903 435 2242

03/13/2020

Allan D.

I called Campbell Moving and set up an appointment for a representative to come by our house two days later to provide us with an estimate for a multi-stage move. I needed some furniture moved into storage almost immediately, and other furniture would be moved into another residence several weeks in the future. The estimate was very detailed and I thought it was very reasonable so I schedule the first move for the following week. Joel and Juan showed up right on time and they meticulously padded and packed all of our furniture going into storage. They moved the furniture into the truck quickly and efficiently, and then travelled 2.5 hours to our storage unit. They loaded up the storage unit and carefully organized the furniture to maximize the use of the space within the storage unit and also facilitate the relocation of some furniture to an apartment while our new home is being built. Every aspect of our initial move went flawlessly! The initial meeting for an estimate was scheduled at our convenience and on short-notice. The move was also scheduled on very short notice to accommodate our schedule. Our furniture was padded and wrapped to make sure that no damage would occur. The packing of the truck went quickly and smoothly as did the unpacking at our storage unit. Joel and Juan were polite and professional throughout the day. I couldn't be more pleased with the service we received from Campbell Moving during our initial move, and I'm confident that we will receive the same level of service during the second phase of our move. Based on my experience, I very highly recommend Campbell Moving!!

Description of Work
long distance move household goods

Category moving companies

First, thank you so very much for the business. Just to have work coming in is so important at this time of the virus. Your review was very descriptive and kind and we appreciate your time to come back and review us. Social media reviews are everything in this new world for small business. We look forward to finishing the next phase of your move when you call to set it up. THANKS AGAIN, Bill and Matt Campbell www.campbellmoving.com 703 435 2242

03/12/2020

Barry D.

Campbell Moving was very professional. They loaded the truck much faster than expected and everything was wrapped nicely. The entire move came in under budget and in less time than expected. They were great to work with!

Description of Work
Moving piano, furniture, and boxes

Category moving companies, piano moving

Thank you for your business. We do pride ourselves on the extra care in pad wrapping or stretch wrapping all items for safety sake. Bill Campbell Campbell Moving Inc. 703 435 2242

03/04/2020

Merinda S.

We couldn't ask for a better moving company!! We would give them 6 stars out of 5!! This was the 2nd time we hired Campbell Moving. Last time (3 years ago) went so very well, when we were ready to move again this time around, we went straight to Campbell without considering any other company. Our move this time was quite complicated, involving several stages of moves. Mat and Bill were very patient and professional from the beginning to end. They provided not just quotes but consultations as well! When we first spoke with Mat on the phone about moving the majority of household goods to storage units so we could stage the house for sale, Mat was extremely patient in helping me deciding on the best scenario. While not sure how much stuff we had to determine the truck and storage unit size, after several conversations, Mat scheduled Bill to our house to give us the best quote. On the day of moving stuff to the storage, the moving team lead Johnathan and his crew showed up right on time with a courteous call on the way. They were so efficient, packed everything well and professionally and didn't waste a minute! From our house to the storage rental unit, they even got there before me and unload everything and storage well. They packed their truck and the storage unit so well, there was even space left! This was just the first stage. 2 months later after we sold our house and ready to move to our new home, we needed to plan again to the best scenario. Due to restrictions on settlements of both sale and purchase, we weren't able to move straight from our old home to the new one. Once again, Bill was completely on board with us and had patiently come up different suggestions on different scenarios. He really took our situation to the heart and sincerely wanted to help out. We had called him so many times with updates on changes and each time he patiently helped us resolve. Due to his real estate background, he also made suggestions that our realtor didn't even mention to be options! When settlement date approached, we decided to move out a few days before hand, Bill offered the option of keeping our household goods in his company's trucks over nights, with minimum charge, so that we didn't have to move twice to the storage unit in and out within just a few days apart. This option helped us a lot. In addition, we also had a large playground set to move; many outdoor equipment companies either didn't have such service or charged almost the cost of buying a new set, or, required paying in full up front before moving the equipment. Bill's solution was simple - sent an additional truck to move the playground, moved by the same moving crew while they moved the household, charged the same hourly rate. This was yet another big help/solution for us! On the stage of moving day (loaded up the rest of the house and kept everything in their trucks until moving to our new home), Johnathan and his crew once again showed up on time and got to work right away and once again so very efficiently moving everything to the trucks. They packed up the truck in such a professional way (and securely) and were able to load up everything in minimum numbers of trucks. They kept our "whole house" in their trucks and parked in their facility for 3 days and 3 nights. We completely trusted them without any question. On the "real" moving day (stage 3), it was pouring in the morning, Johnathan made a professional call to change plan to go to the storage unit first (good call!). Originally they were going to drive the 3 trucks that were at their facility to our new home first, unload all of them and use one of the empty truck to pick up those in the storage unit. Due to the heavy rain, they decided to go to the storage unit first to minimize the wet of our household goods because the truck could park right by the storage unit door. By the time it was done (they did it so quickly!) the rain slow down. They then went to get the rest of the trucks with the "whole house" and all met at our new home. Again, their travel time between locations was exactly how long it took us, not a minute late. Once all trucks with all of our everything arrived at the new home, the crew once again worked their magic of efficiency to move everything in, plus professionally unloaded, carried, positioning and installing the playground in the new backyard. They were so very careful with each item, regardless obviously precious or just simply a small box. In addition, Johnathan and his crew have such positive and cheerful attitude while working (yet still very professionally). Although we couldn't understand what they were saying, we appreciate the "atmosphere" the crew had, which made the move seemed a bit more bearable. Overall, we are very, very happy with Campbell. We trusted that the move and our whole house were in good hands from the beginning of consultation and plan with Mat and Bill, to the actual moves with Johnathan and crew. We couldn't ask for a better company and a better outcome. We would HIGHLY recommend Campbell to everyone.

Description of Work
Household Moving, outdoor equipment moving

Category moving companies, piano moving

Thank you so very much for this 2 part move of your large single family home this time around. We are delighted that this is your second time hiring with us over the last 3 years. You had a somewhat complicated move with all the different dates but glad we were available to fit you in when you needed it all to finally happen. Thanks Again, Bill and Matt Campbell 703 435 2242

01/27/2020

Michael G.

Bill Campbell personally reached out to me very promptly and was able to get me on the schedule for the day we wanted to move. He is incredibly professional and his prices are very competitive. His crew showed up on the day of our move ahead of schedule and got right to work. His team took incredible care of all our items by providing complimentary wardrobe boxes, moving blankets for all furniture, as well as large containers for some of the random items we had. Their load out/ in efficiency was pretty impressive. Best of all, there was no damage during the entire process. Overall, the final total met the expectations set by the quote. I highly recommend their services and will hire again in the future.

Description of Work
Home material moving services

Category moving companies

Thanks so much for your business and kind words. Reviews are SO important for small business in this competitive world nowadays. It is also sometimes hard to get perfectly happy or even thrilled customers to remember to come back to Angie's List and put a review. With ALL that goes on with making a move it is totally understandable so when we get a review we are excited about it. Bill Campbell 703 435 2242 www.campbellmoving.com

Ron S.

Broken and missing items during move and canceled at last minute second leg of move

Description of Work
Move from Virginia to Florida

Category moving companies

We are VERY sorry that anything had to go wrong on your move to Florida. We know your move was less than great. We typically deliver near perfect moves but the nature of this work with the shear volume of goods being moved it is difficult to be without issue every time. Again, VERY sorry.

Michael S.

Amazing. The team was on-time and very professional. They were very efficient and followed directions well. They were also clean and respectful of their surroundings. Thank you!

Description of Work
Moving

Category moving companies

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your business. We appreciate all the moves your family has done with us over the years. I think we have now done a move for your entire family including your parents some 15 or 20 years ago. Bill and Matt Campbell 703 435 2242 www.campbellmoving.com

Richard C.

Movers were very nice, worked hard and did a great job overall.

Description of Work
Single Family house move

Category moving companies

Thank you for your business and time to come back and place a review. Bill and Matt Campbell 703 435 2242

Carmack Moving & Storage

Carmack Moving and Storage, Inc. is an independent, competitively-priced, full-service moving and storage company headquartered in Sterling, Virginia. We have a long and proud history of providing relocation and transportation solutions to clients locally and nationwide. Carmack is known for their innovation, knowledgeable people, high reliability, and excellent customer service. We have a state-of-the-art storage facility to store your treasures safely - short term or long term. Virginia Household Goods Carrier Certificate #665 U.S. DOT #1503939

Quality Services Moving

Moving is exciting and often marks a new milestone in our lives. But, poor planning or underestimating the time and effort it takes to get the job done can make for an exhausting and frustrating experience. Don't worry, Quality Services Moving is here to help! We offer full-service moving, packing, storage, and hauling services locally, nationally, and internationally. Certified Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. Certified Small, Woman, and Minority Owned (SWaM) business by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Small Business & Supplier Diversity. Additional DBAs - Quality Services Moving & Delivery, Quality Midwestern Holdings Inc, Quality Services Moving and Delivery. Veteran Owned & operated.

Dave The Mover LLC

**Call us today for your FREE estimate!** With over 30 years of experience, Dave will take care of your belongings like they were his own. Moving your family or business, whether across town or across the country, can be an almost overwhelming undertaking. With utilities transfers and hookups, arranging for your mail to be forwarded, taking inventory of your belongings and the seemingly endless list of other details it can be a stressful time for all involved. The last thing you want to think about is whether you made the right choice in moving companies. With Dave the Mover professional movers, serving Culpeper, Loudoun, Fauquier, Prince William and Fredericksburg, you can breathe a little easier knowing that we will treat your belongings with the same care we would treat our own. When you hire us to perform your move you're inviting us into your home or place of business and entrusting us with your most valued possessions. That's a responsibility we take seriously so all of our moving specialists have undergone complete and thorough background checks and drug testing. You'll find that we hold all of our personnel to the highest standards of professionalism in the industry.

Federal
    US Department of Transportation Motor Carriers
    01/01/2099
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Household Moving, Office Moving, Packing Services, Unpacking Services, Climate Controlled Storage. D.C. Moving, Local Moving, Office moving, Commercial Moving, Interstate Moving