Gus & Sons Home Services

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

8133 Edmonton Ct

Springfield, VA 22152

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Gus & Sons is a family-owned and operated Roofing Company in business since 2008. We specialize in Decks, Porches, Roofing, handyman, Hardscaping, painting, electrical & plumbing check with us for any additional services that are not listed. ...

decks & porches (6)deck cleaning (4)masonry (3)pressure washing (2)house painting (1)fence company (1)concrete repair (1)drywall (14)plumbers (11)tile installation (10)roofing (9)home remodeling (7)

10/07/2021

Meredith R.

Exceptionally fast and professional. The fence is beautiful!

Description of Work
Built a fence

Category fencing,driveway gates

Work Completed On 10/07/2021

07/21/2021

Tempest V.

We've hired several home-improvement contractors recently and Gus & Sons has been the best! I needed most of my deck removed, and the stairs rebuilt. I wanted somebody who was willing to re-use the existing materials as much as possible. Other contractors refused because it was too much effort, finding it easier to buy all-new materials and start from scratch. But Gus & Sons sent a very efficient surveyor for a quote, who was very knowledgeable and professional and took all the measurements, and immediately impressed me. They began work shortly after (in the hot summer heat!) and quickly and efficiently dismantled the old deck and carefully rebuilt parts of it. They even got a piece of white cladding for the house when a piece of the underside was exposed by the removed deck. 10/10 job, I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Deck remodeling

Category decks,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/17/2021

07/06/2021

MARION J.

Poorly. When the work was originally done, I gave Gus a five star rating. One of the stones pulled away from the framework. You know when you are working with a high quality company by the way it addresses a problem. After rescheduling twice and never letting me know why his crew would not come on those days, Gus sends Monsoor whose English skills are only worse that his workmanship. He glued the flagstone then vaguely rubbed a bit of concrete where the crack that initiated the break away. It certainly doesn't have a finished look and remains wide open to the elements so that I can look forward to another separation by the flagstone once the water goes behind the stone. Anyone of any caliber would recognize the shoddiness of the work. I am taking the time to revise my past ratings of Gus because his lack of professionalism and skill only warrant a one star. Even his crew says that Gus shows no respect for his clients. He does not deserve to be on Angie's Super Service List. It speaks poorly of Angie's List to have standards so low.

Description of Work
Provide and lay 5-7 flagstones at base of shed to give a finished look

Category handyman service,roof cleaning

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

Review for Gus & Sons Home Services - 8133 Edmonton Ct, Springfield, VA - 39394269

I'm sorry that you feel this way. We completed this job more than two years ago. A stone does not pull away from the framework itself after two years. The warranty policy for our company for all labor is for one year. Although the timeframe for your work was past this warranty, I still repaired it for FREE to make you happy. Our warranty on your project was a one-year warranty and did not cover knocking out a stone from its place. After inspecting the photo, it was clear that the stone was knocked out by an object such as a lawnmower. As a courtesy and out of respect for you as one of my customers, I still chose to fix the issue for free to make you happy. I apologize for needing to reschedule your warranty work. We still came out and repaired the piece past your warranty time, our technician helped improve the job as he is very skilled, and we did this all free of charge, which we did not need to do. Thank you for being our customer, we did go above and beyond for your project, and I'm sorry if you disagree with that assessment.

05/05/2021

Alex C.

Gus did a fantastic job replacing my old, broken fence with a new, taller fence. They did the work on time & it looks great. I asked them to change the latch on the gate a couple of days after installation, and they came the next day to do it at no additional cost. I would hire them again anytime.

Description of Work
Fence replacement

Category driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

07/17/2020

Robert B.

Work was well done but communication and scheduling were issues.

Description of Work
Deck repair

Category decks,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

06/19/2020

Craig K.

I had an appointment scheduled, Within a a 2-hour timeframe,for an initial visit. Gus did not show up. Several hours after the scheduled appointment time, I received a call from his office staff, apologizing, and explaining that Gus had not come because of a family emergency. I accepted the apology and their offer to reschedule the visit for the same time period on then following day. Shockingly, no one came on the second day either, and, again, I was not notified! I have no idea if there was, in fact, an ongoing family emergency, but even if there was an emergency, I should have been notified that no one was coming. As a result, I wasted my time not once, but twice.

Description of Work
Replace existing deck and steps

Category decks,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

I'm really sorry for missing your appointment, I did have an emergency that day my sister passed away.

04/30/2020

Reginald R.

Professional . The work was handled expeditiously and they actually found the problem was left there by the original builders cutting corners and not securing the flashing properly. It was corrected properly.

Description of Work
Flashing above windows needed to be recaulked

Category handyman service,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

04/28/2020

Gaye E.

Extremely well So well that i turned to gus for addtl assistance

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

04/27/2020

Robert S.

Everything Gus and his team did they did to an extraordinary quality, which is not something I can say about many other people in any field. Following careful discussion & photograph, taking, and quite competitive and fair pricing, Gus will usually do a superior job to the one I was asking for or expecting, w. better materials, excellent workmanship & more than easy communication. And concientious clean-up always. One example: I had to replace an old but attractive wood pourous fence. Gus managed to save parts of the old fence and artistically mix them w. necessary new pieces; it could not have been architected more beautifully. I recommend Gus & Sons, & Edgar his foreman, without reservation, after several months of varied high quality work on my large home. I don't think they're able to do work of an incomplete, uncareful or unthoughtful manner. Highest Recommendation.

Description of Work
Lots. First a large back wooden raised porch, then some challenging roof work, interior painting, plumbing installation, demolition in prep for complex structural carpentry, fence building of 2 different sorts, tree removal. Front porch painting, etc.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,decks,drywall,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters,interior painters

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

02/25/2020

Ryan S.

Gus and Sons Home Services replied quickly and provided an estimate for the work. They were able to schedule the work extremely quickly (within 48 hours of the estimate). They were very responsive and professional to work with, we will consider them for future work.

Description of Work
Roofing trim and soffit work

Category handyman service,roofing

Work Completed On 02/25/2020

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Decks, Porches, Roofing, painting, handyman, electrical, plumbing, Hardscaping, Remodeling, and much more.

Furniture Repair