Great Job Moving and Storage

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2011

Delivery Service

7942F Angus Ct

Springfield, VA 22153

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Great Job Moving and Storage is family owned and operated business. The company was founded in 2010 in Virginia. It's often said that moving is one of the most stressful things you will ever do. It probably is when you consider it involves your home, your family, your work and your money all at the same time. At Great Job Moving and Storage we aim to help shoulder some of the stress by taking responsibility for collecting and delivering your belongings to your new home on time and in one piece. We know that the success of our moving company depends on the satisfaction of our customers. Our goal is to make you feel you hired some of the best movers in DC metro area. We are dedicated to providing our customers with professional and hassle free moves at prices that are fair and competitive. Confident in our moving crews and the movers' abilities, our licensed and fully insured moving company includes basic liability insurance in our moving rates. You can also reach us at info@gjmoving.com...

movers (734)storage unit (15)piano movers (15)

03/07/2022

Felicia M.

The move never happened because I was misquoted. The quote doubled because someone didn't factor in drive time days before the scheduled move. I highly disappointed and now having to scramble to find last minute movers. The rep was pushy and guaranteed he'd do a good job. Mistake!!! Should have never believed a pushy representative. Will not try this company again!!!

Description of Work
I need a move within the state

Work Completed On 03/07/2022

[Member Name Removed], I’m really sorry to hear about your experience with our company. At GJ Moving we try our best to give the most accurate estimates depending on our customers needs, while respecting customers wishes and boundaries. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will be discussing these issues with our team. Feel free to contact us directly at 703-291-0881 if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you and stay safe!

12/04/2021

Tia C.

I booked this company based on the positive reviews and availability on my move date (I moved the day before Thanksgiving). Initially the service seemed great but they assembled my child's bed incorrectly and left screws out - the guy doing the assembly wreaked of weed so I'm sure he was probably high, left heavy items in the old house, and stole half of my Christmas tree. I called the office to tell them about my complaints and was told I would receive a call back from the manager on Wednesday, it's now Friday and I've called multiple times but conveniently they aren't answering the phone. This company has expensive rates but it's not worth the money, don't let the positive reviews fool you, they don't hire quality talent and aren't responsive after your job is complete.

Description of Work
Local move

Work Completed On 11/24/2021

[Member Name Removed], I'm so sorry to hear about your move! We try our best to provide the best possible service at GJ Moving. We apologise for not being responsive. We were transitioning to working from home, due to COVID. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will be addressing this issue with our team. Thank you and stay safe!

11/05/2021

Brian L.

Do not hire Great Job Moving and Storage (GJ). My move with them was a nightmare. On moving day, they told me that the third man on the team would not be joining them, so they brought in a woman who was not a GJ employee. Luckily, they only charged me for 2 movers, instead of 3. However, I was wary of an unknown non-employee handling my belongings. The moving truck was not well stocked. I needed additional boxes and tape, but little to none was available. This was an avoidable error. I'll fast forward to the end result. I came to find out that a fairly expensive item was not delivered to my home. I included this on my claim, along with damage to furniture and my home. I noted this "real property damage" to the movers on move-in day. Still, GJ's insurance company denied my claim for restitution for the real property damage caused by their movers, as well as for the item that was never delivered to my new home. The reason for denying my claims is that I should have noticed the missing item on move-in day. This is an impossibility, as I had approximately 200 items (give or take), most of which were stacked 10 feet high in my garage. There is no way that I would have been able to know on the most hectic day of my decade which items were missing. GJ denied the real property damage, claiming that I did not notify them on move-in day. This is false. First, I notified them of the damage to walls/doors/furniture that I knew of that day. Additional damage was discovered after move-in day. GJ does not allow for disputes to real property damage or missing items. This is a pathetic policy. This is abominable customer service. Run, don't walk, away from Great Job Moving and Storage. I went for a lower-priced option and I regret that I did.

Description of Work
Moving and storage

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

Review for Great Job Moving and Storage - 7942F Angus Ct, Springfield, VA - 39534268

[Member Name Removed], I'm sorry to hear about your experience, as well as the damages caused by the move. We try our utmost to provide our customers with a stress free experience. However, our claims department follows all industry standards as well as all federal and state laws. Feel free to contact us directly at 703-291-0881 if you have any other questions of concerns Thank you and stay safe!

08/21/2021

Bryce H.

It went TERRIBLE. It was no more than an hour of work (8 items), and we were charged for FOUR & A HALF HOURS, along with a slew of add-on charges. When I disagreed with the charges, I was disrespectfully insulted and yelled at by the Foreman, and ignored and given the run-around by the Managers at G&J (all with "full" voicemails). They took me to the cleaners and got LOUD & DISRESPECTFUL in the long terrible process. I paid $1000 to move 8 items less than a mile. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE COMPANY!!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS -- DO NOT HIRE !!!

Description of Work
Moving a Short Distance

Work Completed On 08/17/2021

06/17/2021

Soraya Z.

I wish there was a 0 stars option for GJ Moving. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. The management at GJ is unprofessional. They also have a transparency problem. My experience: As a “professional” moving company, you are supposed to clear the height of your moving truck. GJ failed to do this beforehand, doubling their moving time. I was unfairly charged for this additional time- for THEIR mistake. I called to dispute the charge. Jayson Chapman at management told me he would return my call to reach an agreement. Instead, I’m met with COMPLETE silence. Then, the full amount, including the unfair upcharge, was withdrawn from my bank account. I specifically mentioned that I did NOT consent to being charged before a discussion. They took the money anyway. I have yet to receive a response from Jayson Chapman, or anyone at GJ for that matter. On top of this: Most of my furniture was damaged. My items were handled carelessly. No mats or coverings for the floors. Not COVID safe. Clearly, GJ Moving thinks they can get away with treating customers like this. This is not a company committed to customer satisfaction. Extremely disappointed with GJ Moving. Stay far away from this company.

Description of Work
Local Move

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

Review for Great Job Moving and Storage - 7942F Angus Ct, Springfield, VA - 39377675

06/08/2021

S C.

Move estimate was between $1,000 and $1,200. Actual amount for move was $1,540. Movers took 5 hours to drive from Alexandria to Newport News with no explanation and no way to contact them (we call the office, but no answer)- we left same time as movers and made the drive in 3.5 hours. The movers charged us for the extra time it took them to arrive. When I refused a tip (because of the large increase over the original estimate) the driver added a "walk up" fee of $75 (this was later refunded after filing a complaint with the office). Their furniture handling and respect and care for our furniture was great, but the customer service and unexpected rate add ons were unacceptable. i had high hopes for this neighborhood company, but overall i was unsatisfied.

Description of Work
small local move

Work Completed On 06/05/2021

03/15/2021

Val H.

It went perfectly. The movers arrived on time and were super efficient, The loading, driving, and unloading all together took less than 5 hours. Our belongings were handled with care, and the price was unbeatable compared to the other companies that I contacted.

Description of Work
Same-day moving from VA to NJ

Cost $1,406.2

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

10/20/2020

Lannie W.

G&J did a wonderful job. They made the planning and scheduling effortless (thank you Stephenne!). They called the day before the move to confirm the time and details. On moving day Armando and Emilio arrived on time and went right to work. They were very careful to wrap pieces to ensure nothing was damaged. Upon arrival at the new location, they quickly unloaded the truck and asked us where each piece of furniture and each box should be placed. They had everything set up and ready in no time. I would definitely use G&J moving again and I would definitely ask for Armando and Emilio. They were both polite, friendly and very professional.

Description of Work
Apartment move

Category moving companies, billiard table repair

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

09/16/2020

andrea C.

G&J was AWFUL. Stay away. I only write reviews when service is memorable-- usually truly horrible or excellent and this was the former. Movers were supposed to arrive between 11 and 1. No call, no show. I called multiple times and at 2 got a call that they had been delayed at their last job, that my new place had "too many steps" and that they wouldn't be able to make it. Then I got a call back a few hours later saying actually, the truck had broken down which is why they couldn't make it. But they would come the next day. I said forget it, having no faith they would actually show up or that I wanted such unprofessional movers handling my stuff. All during COVID when moving is hard enough. I ended up scrambling, having to spend hundreds more to find another mover last minute. Really a shame because the entire bidding and planning process was very professional and smooth. Don't be fooled! Go elsewhere

Description of Work
residential move

Category billiard table repair

Work Completed On 09/06/2020

08/01/2020

Savannah E.

I have moved many times in the past several years, and have never experienced such unprofessional and slow movers as G & J Moving. After comparing several movers in the area, I choose to go with G & J Moving because the salesperson claimed they had large industrial type bins that are very durable with wheels that allow for faster moving and drastically reduces the risk of anything being damaged. The salesperson also claimed that all of their movers were professional and highly trained. Reality: ‘Large industrial type bins on wheels that are very durable’ FALSE !! These ‘bins’ turned out to be large, worn-out boxes put on an unattached furniture dolly. They would bring the large boxes to the apartment, put a lot of things in there, take them to the trucks, then unload one item at a time on the edge of the truck, then one at the time take to the other end. (Items example: A pillow, a clothing iron (in a small box), etc.) What was explained to me is that once the bins were loaded, they would roll the full bins onto the truck then roll them out into my new place. When asked why they were not doing that, their response was, “That’s just too much work.” Because they were getting paid by the hour, they knew exactly what to do to turn a 3 hr move into a 5 hr move. Please note I am one person who moves often, so I make a point not to have many things. Reality: ’Professional and highly trained.’ FALSE. In my opinion, someone who is professional would not show up smelling heavily of marijuana and act like they are stoned. Also, if someone is ‘highly trained,’ why would one of the movers be standing around doing nothing until the other movers had to tell him step-by-step what to do. During the move, the untrained mover, was often seen on his cell phone, sometimes leaning against the wall ‘hanging out’ or just sitting around on my furniture. He had to be instructed exactly what to do, for example, “Pick up that box and take it to the elevator,” “put this in the moving truck,” etc. My entire apartment was to be moved into the truck. Not to mention, a professional would not ask inappropriate questions to me, including where I work, my marital status, why I do not have children, how much my apartment costs, etc. AND even though they moved so slow, items were broken. One example he threw my desktop computer into the bin, and it fell out, and I had to pick it up. I told him you realize that’s my computer right, and he said yeah so… So not only is this moving company assured to give you the slowest service ever, thus maximizing their ‘charge by the hour,’ but they are likely to leave you with broken items that they will only reimburse you for 60 cents per pound after filing a claim and doing a mound of paperwork. I also took it upon myself to contact the company to make them aware of how horrible these two guys were… I asked if it was normal behavior, and they said well marijuana is legal, and the job got done. So, I received NO apology and NO sense of compassion.

Description of Work
My Apartment Move

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

07/22/2020

Christopher K.

They damaged several items and were unresponsive to my complaints

Description of Work
move furnishings to a new home

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

06/28/2020

Sohail A.

The job went really smooth. I was impressed at the ability to communicate with me electronically, and to quickly get me an online estimate, breaking down the anticipated costs. I am too busy to take phone calls during the day, so to be able to work through email and online estimates, was a huge plus. Bethaney was not only the one providing the estimate, but also acting as my moving manager, as I was stuck out of the country. I'm very much keen to re-hire for my next move in 2021. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Packed up my apartment with a Conceirge moving manager and unloaded it into off site storage

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/11/2020

Doug M.

The move went well. The job needed to be done in a limited amount of time and the guys worked very hard to make it happen in the time frame allowed. Very professional and respectful during the move. All items were damage free; they wrapped everything well and moved all items cautiously. We were very impressed.

Description of Work
Residential move

Category moving companies, billiard table repair

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

11/23/2019

Kiya H.

The actual movers were excellent. They were on time and pleasant. The guys managing the company (who were not on site for the move) changed the price after the work was done. The first guy I spoke to to set up the move quoted me one price and the guy I talked to on the day of my move upped the price. I had never signed a contract before hand eventhough he said I did. We finally came to an agreement on price that was reasonable but more than I was quoted. If I use them again, I will get the price in writing and have them sign it before any work is scheduled.

Description of Work
Moving furniture from my townhouse to storage.

Cost $1,527.5

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

Thanks so much for the review and for using G&J Moving and Storage!

10/07/2019

Susan B.

Excellent. Their workmen came on time, were courteous and professional, wrapped and packed everything carefully, and worked hard and efficiently. Everything was moved, unpacked, and set up smoothly with no damage, on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Moving furniture and boxes for one-bedroom apartment

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

09/19/2019

Frances K.

Crew arrived on time and did a great job getting our trucks unloaded quickly but without damaging anything.

Description of Work
Local Moving

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

Hi there, Thanks for rating our services with an "A" and for trusting G&J Moving with your relocation needs!

Tracy M.

They were wonderful. On time and made three stops to move items to two locations. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 11/16/2019

Thanks so much for rating our services with an "A" and for allowing us to serve you!

Carlos S.

Showed up on time, packed everything perfectly, moved from Va to DC, and loaded all in one afternoon. No damage to anything.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for trusting GJ Moving with your relocation needs and for allowing us to serve you!

Patrick F.

They dropped our expensive Arhaus dresser down the stairs and refused to properly repair it.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 04/28/2019

Thanks for the review. What is neglected to be brought up here is that cthe move was completed time and within budget, and that the Claims process was followed according to the terms and conditions of the contract that [Member Name Removed] acknowledged, agreed, and executed prior to the services beginning. Its apparent by giving such a large tip to our crew, that he was happy with the services he received, but has decided to unjustly review our Company publicly based on his dis-satisfaction of the furniture repair. .. Customer elected for the limited liability coverage of $.60 cents per pound, per article up to $50 per article prior to the relocation. Having moved so many times, [Member Name Removed] knows that this is the Industry standard, and that many times, additional coverage's are made available to supplement this limited coverage. [Member Name Removed] did not pursue any additional options that were made available and proceeded to accept the terms as set forth. Once the accident occurred, GJ admitted fault to damaging the dresser immediately. At that time we initiated our Claims process, which is stated in the contract could take up to 6-8 weeks to complete. Customer wanted reimbursed $2,000, as that was the cost of the dresser when he made the purchase. As we all know, that is not how insurance policies work. In fact, had [Member Name Removed] understood the Policy he singed up for, Company was only legally responsible for the maximum of $50.00. Needless to say, we did not even think about offering that as a solution, so we went above and beyond and offered a repair of the unit. During this process, Our Claims Department followed every protocol set forth in the Contract.. We arranged the pick up, repair, and re delivery of the unit to his residence. The repair was completed at all well-known repair shop locally and we can say with confidence was done professionally and as well as possible. It is not our fault [Member Name Removed] is not happy with the repair. He is more than welcome to seek out additional repairs if it wasn't completed to his satisfaction.

Jamie A.

Very poor pre-move coordination. Calls, emails, & text would go unanswered. Packers showed up 2-1/2 hours after the scheduled time. No communication. Packers left important items unpacked (found out about this after the move, when I had to go to the old address to retrieve them). Fragile boxes were placed upside down at new location. Damage to the new property from improper handling of the furniture move-in. Many boxes ended up in the wrong room, poorly labeled, making it extremely hard to locate items. Small items surrounded by large stacks of boxes, making them invisible/inaccessible.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

Review for Great Job Moving and Storage - 7942F Angus Ct, Springfield, VA - 38109625

[Member Name Removed] Our records show that all calls/messages exchanged during the process were received and responded to in a timely manner. We made contact to give you a heads up that we would be late on packing day due to circumstances out of our control. Our records indicate that You signed off on the completion of packing and the moving services without having any issue. During the entire process of the move, there were no issues reported to the company. All the alleged complaints are just now being documented publicly. Giving us chance to assist and solve the matters. Thanks for using GJ Moving and Storage. To the Moving Public: Feel free to contact us directly to discuss this review in more detail.

Lisa D.

This company was unbelievable. We had a good-sized job, on a warm day and they managed it so well and professionally. Lots of heavy items and they were incredibly organized. It matters that this is a family company with a team that works together all the time. They were the best. And the price was incredible.Definitely consider hiring!!

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 07/28/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks so much for allowing us to serve you and for posting your experience. Glad to hear everything went well! All the best to you!

Stephen L.

It went very well. The guys were very accommodating, packing and moving more items than they were led to expect. Items were placed in appropriate locations in new place. All very professional.

Description of Work
Moving