Jack's Tile & Carpet

Virginia: Contractors
07/31/2023

11842 Canon Boulevard

Newport News, VA 23606

Here at Jack’s Tile & Carpet we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 34 years of experience we are experts in the sales and installation of our products including carpet, ceramic tile, natural stone, vinyl planks/tiles, and hardwood installation. Our in-house sales team would be pleased to meet you in our showroom or bring samples directly to your home or business to show you what we can offer that will be professionally installed by one of our nine crews. Please note: We do not offer repairs on products that we did not install nor do we install material that was not purchased through our showroom. We offer competitive pricing on both material and labor to complete your job. Financing and special payment plans are available upon request. Contact us today. We look forward to earning your business! ...

flooring (95)carpet installation (67)tile installation (29)hardwood floors (16)marble & granite (1)

02/18/2021

Sean T.

Jacks Tile and carpet has installed carpet and new tile in our house on two separate occasions. Rosanne was very kind and helped us pick out exactly what we wanted in the showroom. The installer did a wonderful job and were very professional. We will use them again for all of our future flooring needs!

Description of Work
Carpet and Tile

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 11/16/2019

11/19/2020

Ralph D.

They called us and we explained what we needed and were told they would check into it and call us back. We never received a return phone call.

Description of Work
Carpet sales and installation

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

Good morning, Thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I see where you put in a request on Saturday, Oct 3, 2020 for a 12x15 Den needing Pet Friendly Carpet. The review was left today, Nov 18 ( a month and a half later). Our internal lead tracking shows me that we called you on Monday, Oct 5 at 10:45am and left a voicemail for you trying to set an appointment but we never heard back from you. We have 100's of Pet Friendly carpets- some featuring a Lifeguard backing which prevents pet stains from going through to the pad and others with Stainmaster's Pet Protect yarn which is the most stain resistant and durable yarn on the market. I say that to explain that when we called and left a voice message, we were confident that we had what you needed and our intention was to set an appointment to come to your home, bring samples, and measure. We never heard back from you. If you had a conversation with someone and they said they would "check into it" I believe you may have my company confused with another because as I said, we have 100's of carpets that are fantastic for pets. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at Jack's Tile and Carpet- 757-873-6853, Robert Hall, if you would still like a consultation.

10/28/2020

Karen M.

Vinyl color installed was their suggested color, not the color discussed and chosen with the salesman, due to paperwork mixup. Jack would not take any responsibility for their error. Carpeting was fine, but Jack screamed on the phone, "So sue me!" and hung up. He texted that his salesman does not order material, Jack's Carpet and Tile does. However, you will be only dealing with a salesman. Once you give them money, you are just another dollar sign. Who can you trust? This is not a business you can count on for integrity.

Description of Work
Carpet to entire house and vinyl flooring in kitchen & baths.

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], We worked with both you and your sister, [Member Name Removed]. You live in Florida and your sister, [Member Name Removed], lives in VA. Kevan, my sales person went to the home that you are wanting to sell at your request to measure. No one met with him, you gave him a lock box to enter the home and asked for his recommendation for new flooring. He recommended a color #7061 Highlight Oak for vinyl plank along with our stock color of carpet. Once you viewed the sample from your home in Florida, there was more conversation about possibly changing the color but when your sister sent us the signed contract with the check, she had initialed next to the original recommendation #7061 Hightlight Oak and had signed the contract. I will be more than happy to re-send you the contract that your sister executed signing off on #7061 Highlight Oak. We ordered this product and completed the job with the product selected. Upon completion, you called us and told us we installed the wrong product. We showed you where we ordered exactly what was selected, we received the proper material, and we installed the proper material. Even with that said, Jack, the owner, stated he would go to the home and inspect the job last Sunday, Oct 25. He went there on Sunday as discussed. He took a picture of the installed job, and sent it to you showing that the material does look good in your home. On Monday, Oct 26, you called him a liar stating that he did not go to the jobsite. In response to that, he sent you a time stamped picture (automatic time stamp from the iphone) showing that he was in fact there the day before. You continued to call him a liar. Because you continued to call him a liar stating that we installed the wrong material and that he did not infact go to your home, yes, he did end the conversation by saying "then sue me." We want you to be happy with your product and your installation but taking the stance that we are liars and did not execute the contract properly and did not follow through and inspect the job is simply not true.

03/03/2020

Anna L.

Flawless. Jack, Kevan and team were courteous, professional, timely throughout and pricing was on point. Kevan was thorough with the initial assessment and scope of work to be completed. He provided valuable information as we coordinated with paint contractors. We had to bump up our timeline of putting our house on the market and Jack called me right away and shuffle things around so we could meet our deadline. The day of the job, we had a huge snow storm coming, but they rolled in with a team of 5+ guys and they had our old carpet hauled out and fresh new plushy carpet installed and out of there within 5 hours. Amazingly fast, efficient, kind, professional and great price! Would definitely use them again and highly recommend.

Description of Work
Carpet upstairs and in downstairs master bedroom

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 02/20/2020

09/07/2019

Linda C.

They came and just placed tile over my seriously damaged linoleum. It was done very quickly. However, I have a kitchen door that opens into my garage. They did not have what was needed to put molding down at the door and door would not close all of the way..(FLIES COULD COME IN FROM THE GARAGE!) Door needed to be trimmed underneath to fit. They had not trimmed the door. They left, and I did not know that the door would not close all the way. It was a Friday evening and I could not reach them all weekend.. I was finally able to get someone on the phone on Monday and explained that I could not close the door and they said that they would come back and fix it. Someone came back and shaved some off the bottom of the door. But the door had to be trimmed crooked (underneath).. to accomodate the tile not fitting correctly. After he left, I noticed that the door, shaved on the bottom was not straight. They had put back the old molding (a very worn plate), and put the old screws back in...but they were not screwed in all of the way. I selected the tile that was placed over the old linoleum..but the door looks awful because it could not be cut straight.!! I can't believe how sloppy the workmanship was. I had paid a $700.00 deposit and still owe another $700.00. They have not contacted me and I have not contacted them. I wish that I had known more about this company; and definitely regret that I selected them to :replace my ...or place tile over my very worn linoleum. JUST PLAIN SLOPPY! I am an older lady and selected Jack's flooring ..I regret it. If you need a good company to replace flooring..DON'T CALL JACK'S! I can't help but think that they took advantage of me because I am old and crippled.

Description of Work
I requested new linoleum on very worn kitchen floor. Linoleum was cracked and splitting. I thought that they would take up the old linoleum. ..I was wrong!!!

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

07/16/2019

Paul H.

Great. The workers finished before the estimated time. Also they have a senior citizen discount.

Description of Work
Replace carpet with engineered hardwood, replaced kitchen tile with luxury vinyl tile

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

10/26/2018

donna C.

I would like to have given them a higher rating – but I’ll explain why I didn’t. First, Robert Hall & Staff are wonderful and easy to work with. The first hardwood floor we picked did not match with our existing hardwood floor. Robert took the hardwood floor back and allowed us to pick another one. The second hardwood floor matched perfectly. I ask Robert BEFORE we started if the new hardwood floor would line up with our existing hardwood floors (in the dining room & foyer). He said yes. It took 2 ½ days to complete the job. When Calvin (lead) & Eric came I asked them the same question, yes the floors would line up. They started in the living room which would line up with the dining room, it did. The 2nd day a new crew came. I immediately called Robert; he assured me that Derrick (lead) would do a good job. I asked Derrick about lining up with the existing hardwood floor. He said yes. Derrick is a very good, competent, careful, happy, and easy to work with worker. I had appointments this day and left. When I returned most of the floor had been laid. I was shocked to see that the foyer (which is the first thing people see when they come in) DID NOT line up with the existing hardwood floor. I asked Derrick why & was given an excuse. At that time most of the hardwood floor is down & there was no way of fixing this without pulling up most of the floor. We paid a lot for the hardwood floor. It looks good, but we are disappointed that it doesn’t line with the existing foyer hardwood floors. When the sun shines on the floor it is very noticeable and it still upsets us. I wish there was an easy solution. Another flaw, no one from the company called after the installation to see how we liked the floor. Which is not good customer service. Having said all this, the company is good to work with, the employees are good. Our suggestion would be if you are getting hardwood floors that need to line up with existing hardwood floors you check it BEFORE they permanently attach it.

Description of Work
installed hardwood flooring to line up with existing hardwood

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

10/24/2018

Amy T.

This was a great experience. Jack's Tile and Carpet was recommended to us by our neighbors, who had hired the company to install hardwood flooring and were very pleased with the result. We were interested in porcelain tile for our kitchen. Krystal and Roseanne were very helpful in the showroom, answering our questions, steering us in the right direction, and responding to emails in a timely fashion. All the workers who came out to our house (Daniel, David, Taylor, Barry, and Larry) were punctual, polite, and cleaned up after themselves. When we ran into a problem, Jack was shortly on the scene and able to get a carpenter involved so that the project timeline remained the same. Throughout the whole process Jack and Robert Hall kept open the lines of communication, quickly responding to our concerns.

Description of Work
We replaced our kitchen and utility area floor with porcelain tile.

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

09/22/2018

Patrick M.

Jack's Tile did extensive work for us at the beginning of the year. I don't always post positive evaluations of contractors, unless I am extremely satisfied. That is the case with Jack's Tile. They did a fantastic job, and now that it is 6-7 months after completion, everything is holding up well, and I am more satisfied than ever. I should mention that I was not an easy customer. I had concerns during the project, and I made them known to Robert (the project manager) as well as Jack. Their reaction was professional, calm and exactly what you would want to hear- let them finish, if I am still unsatisfied with the finished project, they will do it over, no questions asked. Flooring in your house (whether carpet, tile or hardwood) is something you will look at and walk on every day of your life. You should hire a contractor that will do the job right and for the right price. That's Jack's Tile & Carpet

Description of Work
Jack's Tile did extensive work in our house- to include installed kitchen tile, hardwood floors, stairs and carpet in multiple rooms.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

09/15/2018

Ann S.

Wow, these guys were quick, prices were fair and they did an amazing job

Description of Work
New Carpet

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

Residential /Commercial Flooring Sales and Installation of Carpet, Ceramic and Natural Stone Tile, Hardwood, Laminate, and Vinyl.

Sanding/Refinishing Hardwood. Repairs on floors we did not originally install. Installation of floors we did not sell through our showroom.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available, American Express