We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Ace Chimney Sweep

Founded 2010 • With Angi since June 2011

101 River Birch Ct.

Newport News, VA 23602

We are a specialty service company based out of Newport News, VA and serve the Peninsula and Southside areas. Our company provides a wide range of services from multi-level chimney inspections and cleanings to complete chimney rebuilds as well as other home services. We provide our clients with

09/30/2020

Scott B.

Highly recommend. This is the second time using this firm and both times have been great.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

08/07/2020

L. P.

Tech was very polite & pleasant. He was very knowledgeable andv informative about my particular problem and gave me options in how to correct.

Description of Work
Chimney Repair/ Fireplace

Category chimney caps, fireplaces

07/27/2020

Jeff H.

Ryan came out right on time. He is so friendly and competent. He fully inspected our very high chimney and came back with some excellent suggestions for how we could save our fireplace and continue to use it with wood or gas, in addition to fixing our leaking chimney. He had a bid to us very soon. We signed and he ordered the specialize cap. As soon as it came in, he scheduled our installation. It just happened to fall on the hottest day of the year. Our old chimney cap had been sealed and resealed many times, so it was hard to get off, but Ryan persevered with a cheerful attitude. Soon it was off and our beautiful new cap was installed. Then he finished repairing and resurfacing our fireplace. The work was immaculately done. When it was over, he informed me that he had reduce our bill below what he bid it because he did not have to spend as much time on our firebox as he had thought. When does this ever happen? What a guy. This is the best experience I have ever had with a contractor (and I am 62 and have owned about a dozen homes).

Description of Work
I needed a new chimney cap for a huge chimney 3 stories high and right on the beach, which means high winds

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

11/11/2019

Mihai B.

Excellent service: timely, courteous, professional. Much appreciated!

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning/inspection

08/13/2019

Leslie S.

It went very well. He was prompt, efficient, knowledgeable, courteous, and careful with my home and furnishings. I have good peace of mind knowing that this potentially hazardous part of our home is in good shape.

Description of Work
We recently bought this house with an existing washer and dryer. I needed the dryer vent inspected and cleaned and the tube from the dryer to the outside replaced.

04/23/2019

Ed E.

Crew was very courteous, punctual, and professional. Chimney was swept, fireplace was cleaned, cracks were sealed, and a smoke guard was installed. We have used Ace Chimney Sweep in the past and once again they did an awesome job. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Smoke seeped into house from firebox when a fire was burning.

10/13/2018

Terry C.

I called twice and left messages stating that I would like to make an appointment to have fireplace and chimney cleaned and possibly dryer duct cleaned. I did not receive a call back. I also left several text messages as the website gives the option to do so. I received one response stating they would call me the next day to make an appointment. Never heard from them. This is totally unprofessional. If a business is too busy to respond then they are not dependable or reliable!

Description of Work
Chimney And Fireplace cleaned and dryer duct cleaned.

08/15/2018

Heidi L.

Ryan came out and cleaned my dryer vent, the vent runs through the attic of my two story home. He also provided a quote to reroute the dryer vent to make it more efficient. He was professional and I will hire him again.

Description of Work
Dryer duct cleaning

08/14/2018

Jeff M.

Person called and left a voice message re work...I called back and left a message and person has yet to return my call.

Description of Work
needed to hire a professional to perform dryer vent cleaning at my home rental

03/26/2018

Tim D.

Excellent. Workmanship on outside of chimney great!

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney and clean dryer vent

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, dryer vent cleaning

01/06/2018

Julie F.

Don’t know. They never showed never called

Description of Work
They never showed never called. I left messages and waited for two hours.

Category chimney repair

10/30/2017

Frank V.

Work was done quickly and thoroughly and everything was cleaned up and the dryer set back in position. The crew ensured the duct work was properly attached to the dryer outlet. Work was done within a few days of setting up the appointment.

Description of Work
Complete cleaning of clothes dryer vent

10/02/2017

Ann T.

Fantastic - they did a great job on both projects, very reasonable pricing.

Description of Work
Ace performed a routine chimney cleaning and I also had them return to do some mortar repair on the exterior of the chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

07/11/2017

Ginger M.

I've used them for years. I've used them for chimney repair and chimney cleaning.

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaning.

06/13/2017

Ruth P.

They did a great job and I am going to use them again this year. They didn't mess up the house at all. I was surprised at how clean they kept everything. My husband and I were very impressed.

Description of Work
They cleaned they chimney and the insert.

06/08/2017

Constance C.

Thorough job, well done. Would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaned

06/02/2017

Marion E.

Excellent. Was running just a few minutes behind schedule but, as promised, called when they were about 20 minutes out and we both arrived at the same time so no time wasted. Was very pleasant but more important, was very, very professional. Would hire again in a minute.

Description of Work
Dryer Vent cleaned on rental house

04/13/2017

Tim D.

Excellent work, great attention to detail. Very personable and responsible.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning and outside chimney repair

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, dryer vent cleaning

02/02/2017

Muriel J. O.

They came out twice to fix leak in chimney. Very personable. Work they did looked nice but did not fix problem. Since then, I have called 4 times and left messages but have had no call back from the company. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
Chimney leak

01/18/2017

Michael H.

Professional and timely service. Reasonable cost ($149)

Description of Work
Needed to have our Gas-log fireplace and chimney cleaned/swept.

01/01/2017

Sheli N.

As billed. Professional and efficient. Would hire again. No issues noted.

Description of Work
chimney sweep

12/28/2016

WT G.

Awful. To this day still have not received report of work needed. I have paid for inspection services and received NO report at all - let alone reports prior to tenant moving in. Was also told that cost of inspection could be applied to the repairs. Have called back multiple times. One time (two days after the inspection) I was able to speak to someone who said they were out and would call back shortly and give me a report - NOTHING. I have left multiple phone calls asking for a refund - not so much as a call back - NOTHING. I have paid for services and received NOTHING. Now I am going to file a report with the Better Business Bureau and write as many negative reviews wherever I can. STAY AWAY from this company!!!

Description of Work
Inspection of chimney and outside chimney door. Needed repairs completed before tenants moved in. Appointment was scheduled so work could be completed before tenants moved in. Was told would receive report of work needed, costs, and work could be completed prior to tenant move in. Was told they do not accept credit card so I had to pay with a check. Do NOT fall for this. I did and will never fall for this again.

11/15/2016

Mary P.

They were very thorough and explained everything. I was very happy with their recommendations and prices.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection and repair.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

10/31/2016

Jene W.

First, they were about 45 minutes late. Then, Ryan gave me the price which was reasonable. I have a double chimney. He gave me a price for 2 chimney caps. He said he measured and it would be fine. I told him I was going to have to leave before the job was finished and he said he would email me with pictures once he finished. I waited for the pictures and never received them. I called to ask about the pictures, left messages and he never returned my call. The single chimney caps, though apparently functional are not visually appealing at all. They overlap and look askew. I was not pleased at all. He should have recommended a double chimney cap. Apparently he was more concerned with doing the job with the materials that he had on the truck than doing the job where the customer would be pleased. I attempted to contact him several times afterwards with no response. When I had my husband contact him, he did answer the phone but when my husband started telling him about the problem, he said that he didn't exactly remember the job and would have to go back to look at his records and he would call him back. He never received a return phone call. Not satisfied with the work and poor customer service!

Description of Work
Needed a new chimney cap and crown repair.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

10/27/2016

Barbara T.

Ryan was on time for the appointment, professional yet friendly, and thorough in his work. The charges were very reasonable for the work done,and we will definitely call him again (hopefully only for chimney cleaning :-).

Description of Work
The wire used to close our roof mount damper had broken and we wanted it repaired. Another company encouraged us to replace the entire thing, and then went on to give us some very expensive recommendations for other chimney related work. Ryan (and assistant) came in and repaired the damper very reasonably, assuring us that it was good to last for a long time. They also installed a cap over an unused chimney , applied Crown Coat to repair the crown on both chimneys, and cleaned the chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

KLM Exterior Services, Inc.

KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is a professional residential/commercial exterior services company with over five years of experience in the industry. KLM Exterior Services, Inc. is fully licensed and insured. Cheaper does not always mean better, but KLM Exterior Services prides itself on providing 'Better Work For Better Prices'. We specialize in the following services for both commercial and residential properties: House/Building Washing Dryer Vent Cleaning Gutter Cleaning Window Washing Driveway and sidewalk cleaning Roof washing Yard cleaning Light/Moderate Landscaping Deck Washing We clean Brick, siding, wood, fences, decks, houses, buildings, windows and MORE!!!!! We service all of Hampton Roads, call now for a free estimate!!! Call now to inquire about our multi-service specials, or our rewards/referral programs!!!!!

2022 Super Service Award

Nebula Painting & Power-washing

Nebula painting and power-washing is a fully corona vaccinated business. We have a professional team for all of your interior and exterior painting needs for your home or business. Offering reasonably priced paint colors and paint matching. Nebula also has a great team to power-wash your home or business, garage, driveway, sidewalk, boat, porch or deck. As a privately owned family business we take pride in our work. We have over 15 years experience in the field. Coming from a background of residential and commercial properties including government properties. We enjoy what we do and it shows in our work. We hope to hear from you for your free estimate.

Soft Wash Mafia

Established in December of 2020, we specialize in various types of extetior cleanings for both residential and commercial projects. There's no job too big or too small we won't do. Estimates are always at no charge, and are custom built to meet the need. Call us today, we aim to please. "Bada Boom, Bada Bing! look, it's clean! Forget about it!" The Boss

2022 Super Service Award

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, Check, PayPal
    10.00

Chimneys - cleaning, repairs, caps, liner installations. Masonry repair. Animal removal. Dryer vent cleaning, repair, alteration and installation. Waterproofing. Pressure Washing. Roof Washing. Window Washing.

false