Adkins Painting

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2008

15181 Dunn Rd

Montpelier, VA 23192

Where Quality Is Our Policy...

08/27/2019

Anne C.

They were awesome. They did the job faster, come right on budget and they did the job professionally.

Description of Work
Interior painting.

04/22/2016

Christian B.

We were very happy with Adkins Painting. From the first quote through the entire process Stephen was very quick to respond and get back to us on any questions. The team was on time, if not early every day and we loved the end result. We had 4 quotes on the work done, and Adkins was right in line with all of them, and we like that the owner was so involved. If he wasn't doing the work on a given day, he still either checked in by phone or in person to make sure we were happy with everything, and then he personally came at the end of the work to make any final touch ups we had requested. We would definitely use them again for any work in the future.

Description of Work
Painted entire interior of home

10/14/2013

Robert D.

Owner was on time and very professional. His helper took a few too many breaks and was not very professional but he was excellent at painting. Job was suppose to take one and a half days but it ended up being 3 1/2 instead. One of the helpers didn't show up after the first day and therefore threw everything off. The walls were painted a dark color and the ceiling was painted white with white woodwork. The trimming of the white against the dark color was awesome. Everything was cleaned up and cleared out to our satisfaction. May 30 Never heard back from Mr. Adkins

Description of Work
Repaired taping on ceiling in 2 places, repaired nail holes in wall. Painted bedroom, hall and master bath...walls, doors, ceiling and woodwork. 2 coats of paint on walls.

06/15/2011

Kathleen T.

Stephen Adkins, the owner, came to provide the estimate. It did take a week or so to get the estimate, which he sent in an email. I thought the price was very reasonable and did not get any other estimates. I asked for a detailed contract, which he promptly sent. It was professionally and clearly written. There was a little misunderstanding about the scope of work, which he cleared up immediately and revised the contract. I had asked for the work to be completed in time for a party by May 21, which was stated in the contract. I would say the only issue is that I never really knew when the workmen were going to show up at my house. Since it was exterior work, it wasn't a big deal, but it was odd to discover someone working in our backyard around dusk one night! I was also not told when the workmen who were doing the staining were going to show up. It's a good thing I work from home because I was providing the stain. If I had worked in an office, I would have had to return home to give them the cans of stain. However, I was very pleased that they completed the work on time, as requested, despite the fact that we had several days of rain that must have delayed all of their outdoor projects. They worked quickly and didn't make a mess. I was very pleased with the quality of the work?the stairs/gate looked like new again! Overall, I would recommend the company and was pleased with the quality of the workmanship, the professionalism and price. It wasn't a perfect experience, but it was very good and I would definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
I have wood stairs leading from the back door to the backyard with a privacy fence on one side and a gate and arbor. I contracted Adkins Painting and Powerwashing to repair warped and loose boards and to powerwash and restain the decking.

Category pressure washing, house painters

11/19/2008

Margaret B.

The first time I used him, I was very impressed. His prices were reasonable, and he seemed very organized and professional. The method they used was very efficient. I then called them back to do pressure washing with low pressure, but it ended up being high pressure instead. Then I called them to clean the gutters again, I realized fifteen minutes later that I needed to reschedule so I could be home. Mr. Adkins sounded frustrated about this but went ahead and rescheduled anyway. Then they never showed up for the appointment and would not answer several calls that I made on different days. I will not use them again for this reason.

Description of Work
I have used them a couple times for gutter cleaning and power washing.

Category gutter repair, pressure washing

MIGUEL TORRES CONTRACTING CO.

OWNER-OPERATED. USES SUBS FOR LARGE JOBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. LICENSE #-2705-072931. ASK ABOUT ANGIES LIST DISCOUNT.

B Lilly Custom Painting LLC

B. Lilly was founded in august of 2006 & is owned and operated by Brent Lilly. We are located in Richmond, VA, have 15 years of experience, and will always take the time to ensure a job well done and will provide top-quality interior painting services. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. May contact through email (blilly@blillypainting.com), call or text (804) 334-8204

The Carpentry & Painting Experts LLC

The Carpentry and Painting Experts, LLC was founded in 2004. The company is 100% family owned and operated. The owners are George(father) and Alex(son)--both seasoned professionals in the home improvement industry. The business was formed to improve and meet the needs of people in the Richmond Virginia area who are looking for top-quality carpentry or painting services. At The Carpentry and Painting Experts, we take customer satisfaction seriously! We make ten promises to you: 1. We promise, to do our best to satisfy your highest expectations. 2. We promise, to always be available to answer your questions or concerns. 3. We promise, to be professional from start to finish. 4. We promise, to deliver excellent results on time. 5. We promise, to be on time, every day, throughout the project. 6. We promise, to keep your yard clean and safe throughout the project. 7. We promise that our employees will treat you and your family with respect. 8. We promise, to keep you informed of the progress of the work. 9. We promise, to do our best to ensure your project goes smoothly. 10. We promise, to work on your home as it were our own. Please see below for additional information regarding the owners. Owner: Aleksandar Aleksandrov (Alex) • Origin: Bulgarian • Education: B.S. Management- Virginia Tech & B.S. Marketing • Virginia Tech Licenses: VA Realtor, VA Class "A" Contractor • Languages: English, Russian, Bulgarian • Hobbies: Travel, home improvements, real estate investments, listening to music, and spending time with his favorite people. Owner: Georgi Georgiev (George) • Origin: Bulgarian • Education: M.S. Philosophy- Sofia University Bulgaria • Languages: English, Russian, Bulgarian • Hobbies: Reading, politics, geography, travel, and spending time with friends.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Painting, powerwashing, gutter clean, Painter, Painting Contractor, Painting, Painting Service, Painting Companies