Envirogrow

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2010

PO Box 2864

Merrifield, VA 22116

Envirogrow Lawn & Landscape is a full service residential and commercial maintenance company serving the Northern Virginia Area. We have been in business for over twenty years. Envirogrow is fully insured and has a Class A Virginia Contractors License. Our crews are uniformed, well trained and each

08/22/2021

Janna C.

The guys worked quickly and did a great job!! They talked with me about what needed to be done and if they had any questions would ask. Going to hire them again for another project!

Description of Work
Clean out overgrown flower beds and areas beside the house.

05/19/2021

Stella K.

Very well on a very hot day. Were efficient and polite.

Description of Work
cleaned back yard of townhouse, over-grown with vines and plants.

Category gutter cleaning, lawn service

06/22/2020

Nisala R.

Two very pleasant gentlemen came and cleared a yard full of weeds. They also gave some advice to prevent further weed problems. I'll definitely hire Envirogrow again for gardening.

Description of Work
Weeding and lawn cleanup

08/26/2019

Kim F.

The grass was cut too low, it burned immediately. Have a lot of dirt patches in the front- and backyard. Instructions that I provided on how to cut the grass were ignored. The bushes were not shaped/trimmed properly the first time around. The crew returned to correct the problem, they whacked all the bushes and removed all the beautiful leaves on the bushes. The bamboo barrier that was placed around the backyard is falling over. I was very displeased with this company, the work was subpar.

Description of Work
Trimmed bushes, yard cleanup, mowed the lawn, added bamboo barrier around the yard.

07/01/2019

Douglas W.

I was leaving town for a bit and needed my lawn taken care of while I was gone. Hired them for a month and it was fine, my lawn was taken care of and I decided to use them all summer.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

05/29/2019

John M.

They take care of the lawn all year long. Great services.!!!!

Description of Work
Lawn care

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

05/03/2019

Meghan G.

I hired this company to mow and edge my lawn for three seasons. I have also used them for leaf removal. Last year when they weed whipped one of my garden beds, they discounted my service for that month and I gave them a second chance. This year when they damaged the plants that are on my walk to the front door, I asked them to tell me what they were doing to make sure it didn't happen again, and they didn't offer an apology or to inspect their equipment for the source of the fuel leak until I told them to cancel my account. I spent around $800-$900 per year, but I have been displeased with their attitude (both times I was told "it will grow back," like the it wasn't completely hideous right at that moment) both times there has been an issue. I will not return.

Description of Work
lawn mowing

Category lawn service

It is unfortunate that we are unable to attach photo's of the plants that were allegedly damaged by a gas spill. There were two pictures of Hostas that showed some leaves with white spots and a picture of a dandelion and wood violets with some white spots. [Member Name Removed] determined the plant had been exposed to fuel. I am unsure how this determination was made. Here is the response from the owner to [Member Name Removed] I do apologize that the Hosta and wood violet had some damage to them. Again we are not certain why or what may have caused it. Could it have been a fuel leak? Again we are not sure what may have caused the damage to the plants. We perform routine maintenance and train the crews on a regular basis to ensure the best performance possible to minimize such things. We will speak with our crew again to help prevent such issues in the future. As per you request below to stop the services we will certainly do so. Should you need us the in future we are here to assist you. Thank you Chris Hunt President/Owner Again the owner followed up with [Member Name Removed] several times and was not unresponsive nor uncaring- the plants were not dead and not destroyed and we seriously doubt we had anything to do with the damage. We mow over 800 lawns a week and have an occasional problem with an errant weed eater - A gas spill damage of the nature which [Member Name Removed] alleges has never occurred- the plants look like they had hot grease thrown on them - we have a full time mechanic for the mowing crews and all equipment is serviced regularly. If we believed it was our mistake we would have immediately agreed and sought a remedy to the problem. Larry Conrad- Sales Manager

03/20/2019

Anna G.

Very fast and responsive team. Payment by invoice after service is performed. Will use them again.

Description of Work
Leaves removed from front and back yards

Category leaf removal

02/19/2019

Ileana B.

Fantastic work as always. I’ll be requesting a tree stump quote to follow up. But I’ve been using envirogrow for a while now and they are always professional, on time, and do great work!

Description of Work
Lawn clean up and 2cubic yards of top soil

12/04/2018

Y R.

Chris and Ezekiel are great to work with. They're responsive and provide timely and excellent service.

Description of Work
Leaf Collecting - Curbside

10/08/2018

Rob S.

These workers and their owner showed up claiming 2 hours max as the 6 hours divided into 3 workers - ok, good. But the 2 workers literally walked around getting off on blowing everything including the mulch off the beds. Also, I caught them walking around the road just swinging the blowers around and wasting time. The owner never got back to me. All the glower beds lost their mulch, and some precious plants were completely destroyed by the blower literally blowing them into the ground. Must have been "let's screw the customer royally and see if they give us more business" day

Description of Work
Wasted time blowing mulch away to create more business

09/22/2018

Edward S.

I've had significant issues with the responsiveness of the staff and quality of service. This is my third year using Envirogrow and it will definitely be my last. I stuck with them for so long because nuisances I've had to deal with were mitigated by their pricing. This year, things were worse than the previous two years. Normally I don't take the time to review providers, but this morning, we moved beyond quality of service and now I have had to address issues with my neighbors. This morning (Saturday), between 7:30 and 7:45, the crew started mowing. This also involves the use of a blower and weed wacker. Unfortunately, Alexandria City ordinance prohibits this prior to 9:00am on Saturdays. Other issues I've had: - Earlier this year, after a period of extended rain, they came to cut high grass and probably cut too short for portions of the lawn. I brought this to their attention, but no remediation was offered. - A portion of the lawn against the fence where the crew use a trimmer was cut too short. I brought this to their attention and provided a photo via email. The issue was not acknowledged and no attempt to remedy was made (picture included with the review). - I made a request for quote for additional service to deal with weeds in May. I followed up several times, but still did not receive a quote for service. I was finally provided a quote on August 22. When I asked follow up questions about the quote, no follow up was provided. - Last year I incorporated shrub trimming and flower bed weeding into my care plan. Initially the service wasn't provided. It took a few calls and emails to resolve, but over the course of a few weeks it was resolved. When a service is specifically written into a contract, it shouldn't take weeks to get an issue resolved. -My back yard has been overtaken by weeds. To date, they've not clarified whether or not those types of weeds were covered in their standard service. In the quote I eventually received, it was suggested to let the late summer and fall treatments address the backyard weeds. -My front yard has been overtaken by wire grass. This is what I was attempting to fix in May, but it took a while just to get information that wire grass is not included in the standard weeding plan, then 2 months to get a quote to address the problem. They did offer solutions - killing the grass and rebuilding the lawn or removing it and laying new sod. Had they responded to the request for quote at the beginning of the season, the expense to remediate the problem would have been far less expensive. I asked follow up questions about the quote the same day it was provided (8/22), but have yet to receive a response. Overall, if you need a lawn service, this team will most likely provide you the cheapest quote. However, their ability to communicate in a timely and effective way is sub-par and the quality of service has not met my expectations.

Description of Work
Annual Contract

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

09/10/2018

Caroline B.

Waste of time. I've called and talked to people three times in over 5 weeks, all of whom said someone would get back to me soon to schedule a time to come out to my home to discuss our yard care needs. They're staff should have told me in early August they're unable to meet first before they start a project.

Description of Work
Estimate for trimming shrubs and extensive yard clean-up

Category lawn service

I see that [Member Name Removed] called on 8/22 and before that in July. [Member Name Removed] stated that she was going to purchase an Angie's List Deal however she decided to call directly. The call was returned to [Member Name Removed] both times to set up an appointment with no response. It is unfortunate to see such a disturbing note from a potential client. I am the sales manager, Larry Conrad and would have been happy to meet with her. I am unsure looking at our records where the disconnect occured. Larry Conrad

08/29/2018

Ileana B.

Envirogrow are extremely professional and they came promptly on time for the lawn clean up I had scheduled. Not only did they do a fantastic job at clearing up my brush and yard of excess debris, they left everything clean and took the debris away. The workers are pleasant and the Area Manager personally came in to double check items to my satisfaction. They worked extremely quickly and really made my backyard look fantastic so I can start building raised garden beds there. I have always used Envirogrow for my lawn clean up needs and will always do so again. :)

Description of Work
Lawn Clean up

06/30/2018

Amy B.

I bought a deal for yard clean up and scheduled it without a problem. I told them it was for leaf clean up, but they failed to disclose that they would rake the leaves but if I wanted them removed there was an additional charge for the leaf truck,I .believe it was $75.00. It turned out not to be such a great deal. This is the second time I've used them for yard clean up. The first time was in the spring and it went extremely well. The crew worked fast and did a fantastic job, which is why I hired them again in the fall. The second crew was not nearly as good,

Description of Work
leaf clean up

Category lawn service, leaf removal

05/15/2018

Meghan G.

I have contracted Envirogrow to do lawn mowing every two weeks. This week, they weed whipped an entire garden bed that is clearly outlined by bricks. I have spent four years establishing that bed and this year it was finally coming into its own. It all looks like absolute trash now, and every time I look out that window I get angry again. I have emailed about this issue and have received no response at all.

Description of Work
lawn mowing

Category lawn service

When this occurred an area manager went out and met with [Member Name Removed] We discussed her issues and corrected our mistakes. We are still working with [Member Name Removed] and cutting her grass in September Larry Conrad Sales Manager

04/16/2018

Jacob J.

Envirogrow did a good job of the work performed, the primary issue I encountered was their billing and payment services. Multiple times throughout the year they emailed me requesting payments I had already made, or in other circumstances they provided an invoice and included a previous payment as a past-due amount. Each time I provided proof of payment. They always corrected their mistakes, for which I give them credit. That said, tracking down copies of cashed checks and paid invoices was too much of a hassle for me.

Description of Work
Year-round lawn services

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch

04/07/2018

Anu A.

Great job but the team came late in the evening when we were expecting in the afternoon.

Description of Work
Leaf Removal

04/04/2018

kathleen C.

They did everything that was asked.

Description of Work
Spring yard clean-up

04/02/2018

michael B.

Yard clean up was done well and quickly.

Description of Work
Yard clean up

03/27/2018

Natalie P.

They were quick to schedule me, came when promised and price & service was excellent/ as advertised. :)

Description of Work
leaf removal

03/05/2018

Karen S.

I have been a loyal customer of this company every summer for about 5 years. Primarily for lawn mowing but also more recently for weed and fertilization. I really had no issues thr first few years...thought they offered a good service for a very good price. On occasion there would be divet or track mark left in our lawn. However this past Monday may 13th our backyard was completely destroyed. There are absolutely no other words for it. It's like they went drag racing in our backyard with a lawn mower. I am including photoa of the effects still a few days later after even being washed down a bit...it is not merely trampled grass. We had planted a lot of expensive grass seed this spring from merrifield garden center and outlr backyard now is completely destroyed. I will never be using this company again and hoping I can find another company still available for the summer.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

02/24/2018

Vivian D.

They did a nice job and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Aeration and seeding.

02/04/2018

Betty S A.

I felt that there was not enough seed distributed but was otherwise satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Aeration and seeding

Category lawn service

I am always fascinated by customers perception. We never heard from Betsy that we did not put down enough seed in her opinion. The deal she purchased had a quantifiable measure stated of five pounds per thousand. We use spreaders that are calibrated to apply five pounds per thousand square feet as the deal states. We are very good to a client and had we heard something at the time that we did not put down enough seed in the customers opinion we would have applied more seed just to do the right thing. Betsy in the future please contact our office if you feel short changed. Larry Conrad Sales Manager

01/22/2018

Madelyn C.

They did what they said when they said for a great price and the work was good.

Description of Work
They cleaned up my yard including pulling out voluntary growth around the foundation of my house and generally making my whole yard presentable.

Weed Man Fairfax-Manassas

Weed Man Lawn Care Fairfax-Manassas, VA is a network of locally owned and operated lawn care professionals providing environmentally responsible fertilization, weed control and surface insect with grub control services. For the past 40 years, Weed Man's promise has always been the same: We treat your lawn as if it were our own and provide you with honest and open communication. Additional contact name - Christine Musselman. Additional DBA - Weed Man.

Independence Landscape

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company based in Northern Virginia. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set, which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complexity of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. *Our Company History* Independence Landscape was established in 2006. Our owners, Curtis Greene and Chad Evans, originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. "Even back then," Greene explains, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." Clients noticed their reliability and the quality of their work. After college graduation, they both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but quickly discovered they missed working on people's yards and building relationships with their clients. They both decided to pursue their real passion, and soon Independence Landscape officially opened for business. Today our growing company takes care of residential properties throughout Northern Virginia. Loyalty and trust between our clients and employees is the backbone of everything we do at Independence.

2022 Super Service Award

Spring-Green Lawn Care

Spring-Green Lawn Care delivers both traditional and organic lawn and tree care services centered on the beautification of local neighborhoods and communities with both residential and commercial customers. As your locally owned and operated neighborhood lawn care professional, we take our commitment to our community seriously. That includes offering you the highest quality service performed in an environmentally responsible manner by trained and licensed technicians.

VA Class A Contractors Liscense
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    02/28/2019
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Lawn mowing, planting, fertilization, aeration, seeding, thatching, lawn compost applications, pruning. regenerative pruning, drainage solutions, living walls, mulch - natural, dyed black, red & brown. Pine bark, spring cleanup, fall cleanup, fall leaves, annual flowers, pesticide applications, bamboo removal, invasive weed control, irrigation maintenance, storm cleanup, general cleanup, bed creation

Large hardscape projects