Virginia Top Floors

Virginia: Contractors
01/31/2023

6100 River Forest Dr

Manassas, VA 20112

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Virginia Top Floors provides DUSTLESS HARDWOOD FLOOR REFINISHING, MAINTENANCE (HARDWOOD FLOOR CLEANING AND BUFFING), REPAIRS AND INSTALLATION. We work with homeowners who are renovating, getting their houses ready for sale or moving into a new property helping them to restore their hardwood floors. Virginia Top Floors is recommended by the top Northern Virginia realtors to help their clients get their properties ready for showing. Our flooring team has over 50 years of combined customer service experience and 30 years of design experience. We have a strong work ethic, and a trained eye for detail, color, and space treatment. We return your investment in us, our products and our services, in terms of quality as well as quantity. Our professional and personal involvement in your flooring project optimizes the value you receive....

hardwood floors (53)flooring (32)carpet installation (5)water damage restoration (2)

08/20/2021

GLORIA C.

I've used VA Flooring several times in the past and I'm ALWAYS happy with their level of work. Ileana and team were very professional and went beyond their service to ensure the base boards were done to our liking. I Highly recommend them! Gloria

Description of Work
Resurfacing my kitchen and sunroom floors

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

01/01/2021

kelvin B.

Honest People!!! They actually came to my home to conduct an estimate for me. They were very thorough and informed me that my floors did not require any maintenance. They explained why the floors did not need maintenance and what I could do myself to save on cost. WHAT COMPANY DOES THAT IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA?????? Please reach out to these folks and give them your business...AWESOME PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Floor Polish

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

07/30/2020

Victor P.

Price, quality of work and professionalism very impressive. Management and employees willingness to help find the best way to get things done and accommodate to our needs and desires were top notch. Also, knowledge and experience were determining in doing things well and quick. If you are looking for flooring service, give them a call, you won’t regret it.

Description of Work
Tile and wood floors installed.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

04/21/2020

Gary J.

Ileana and her crew got the job done beautifully and quickly. Price was very reasonable. This is the sort of reliable and professional service I needed. I highly recommend Virginia Top Floors if you need your hardwood floors refinished.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

04/12/2020

Steven A.

The staff at Virginia Top Floors is great. They walked us through the process and helped us choose the right color and finish. They were able to schedules very quickly. The installers were very courteous, experienced, and always on time. I was impressed with the attention to detail and craftsmanship. The floors came out perfect we loved the final results. I would highly recommend Virginia Top Floors for anyone that has any flooring needs.

Description of Work
Refinish Hardwood Floors

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

Review for Virginia Top Floors - 6100 River Forest Dr, Manassas, VA - 38495158

12/03/2019

Susan A.

FABULOUSLY! This is an amazing husband/wife company that exemplifies integrity, superb craftsmanship, and a passion for what they do at a very fair price. Many companies came for estimates to hardwood stairs only to say it would be extremely pricey and best to recarpet them. Not Virginia Top Floors! Pliers came out to look under the carpet....to find hardwood already! They did a superb job refinishing existing wood and laying down the new. Look no further! You will be blessed!

Description of Work
Hardwood stairs and upstairs, carpet bedroom

Work Completed On 10/22/2019

11/30/2019

Jennifer L.

My floors look new again! I am so grateful that I chose Virginia Top Floors to buff out our hardwood floors. We have a large dog who had done some damage as well as someone who used sticky cleaning solution on our hardwoods. Ileana came out and gave a very thorough inspection of our floors. She was honest and told us that she thought the buffing would get the desired outcome. The buffing is less expensive than the sanding so I was very appreciative of her honesty and the fact that is saved us money. The work they did was absolutely meticulous. After the buffing and before the final coat of seal was put on, each board was examined and touched up. We were informed of all the steps along the way, educated on the best way to maintain and care for the floors from here on out. Our floors look amazing! We were very impressed with the care and thoroughness of Virginia Top Floors! They were professional, honest and obviously take great pride in their work. Everything was done in a timely manner and our floors were beautiful for out Thanksgiving holiday! I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Hardwood floors buffed and resealed.

Work Completed On 11/22/2019

Review for Virginia Top Floors - 6100 River Forest Dr, Manassas, VA - 38260994

08/20/2019

Robert M.

Many thanks to Ileana, Jose and crew for an outstanding job in restoring old pet stained floors to a beautiful new look. You proved to be a professional, responsible, skillful and hard working group that finished on schedule. We have received numerous compliments on our beautiful refinished floors and stairs.

Description of Work
Refinish and stain floors, stairs

Work Completed On 08/06/2019

08/11/2019

Jodi H.

The process was excellent. The quote was provided in a timely way, and the owner walked me through each stage of the process. I knew exactly what I needed to to do prep the bedrooms for the work (moving furniture) and what they would do on my behalf. The team arrived on time the first day and asked questions. The introduction took not more than 10 minutes. The team then worked throughout the week. I was on vacation for part of the time, so they sent me pictures at each stage to include when they weren't sure that the age of the floors and the wear would result in a completely uniform stain color. They replaced boards and laid the toe molding. By the time I was back at my house, it was BEAUTIFUL. The stairs, the new trim, and the floors were done perfectly. I have had many compliments about just how nice they look. And the process was extremely clean and dust free. I would highly recommend Virginia Top Floors (and already have). The price point and the professionalism was exceptional.

Description of Work
All upstairs floors and stairs needed to be sanded and stained. The floors are about 50 years old.

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

07/29/2019

Joe S.

The overall experience with Virginia Top Floors was great, they have my highest recommendation. Our floors where approximately 50+ years old and they made them look brand new. The Owners and their Worker took pride in their jobs and did everything right from start to finish. Virginia Top Floors showed great craftsmanship, was on time each day, completed the project on schedule, asked the right questions, answered all of our questions/concerns and went above and beyond. The Owners are really nice people who you can trust.

Description of Work
Refinishing of red oak hardwood floors

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

Review for Virginia Top Floors - 6100 River Forest Dr, Manassas, VA - 38011453

06/06/2019

Christie B.

Awesome experience with VA Top Floors - Ileana and Jose are a dream team to work with! First time homeowners, we moved into a house that was primarily hardwood - didn't know if we should do anything with them before we bought furniture, so called a few companies to look at the floors and advise. Ileana came out within two days and advised that the floors could go with a "buff and recoat" saving half the cost of a full sand and refinish... very honest! The former owners had given me some mixed messages on what they had cleaned the floors with, so I was concerned about the buff and recoat working and expressed this to Ileana. She was always really prompt with emailing and calling me back... and I was annoying. She and Jose personally came out to our house on their day off to do a sample spot to make sure everything would work - excellent customer service! We proceeded with the job and the work was done quickly and they did such a lovely job. Ileana is a "master colorist" and was even able to fill in some stain to worn areas of our floors and they look brand new. My husband and I literally cannot stop gushing about how amazing our floors look. And the best part is not only are our floors gorgeous, but VA Top Floors was such a pleasure to deal with through the entire process - no games or flakiness, unlike pretty much every other vendor out there. I completely trusted them in my home. Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Buff and Recoat of Hardwood Floors

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

05/13/2019

Morgan F.

Virginia Top Floors does exceptional work. They are "Type A" when it comes to projects. From start to finish, they give you an itemized project proposal with exact costs. They give you an anticipated timeline and pencil you into a specific timeframe. Most floor refinishing teams will not move your furniture, paint where needed, and install handrails. This team does it ALL. Ileana and Jose showed me what great craftsman looks like. They did a two-fold project. One week they refinished the hardwood floors in our dining room and living room. Then, a few weeks later they came back and completed the full staircase remodel with upstairs landing in new stained hardwood. As Jose said it, "This place looks like a completely new home". I'm so glad we found Ileana and Jose. They are so keen on detail, very prompt, and just so genuine. I'm so happy we also made a friendship with them! I would only recommend VA Top Floors for anyone seeking to have their floors refinished, insert new wood floors, or get their staircase remodeled. For reference, the stain is Bona Cherry in the attached photos. Photos just showing staircase and upstairs new hardwood install --- this staircase used to have outdated metal railings with beige carpeting. Photos do not show the mid-level dining room and lower-level living room. They did a ton of work!

Description of Work
Wood Floor Refinishing/Staining, New Wood Floor Installation, New Wood Staircase Remodel (Major Project)

Work Completed On 05/11/2019

Review for Virginia Top Floors - 6100 River Forest Dr, Manassas, VA - 37872254

03/31/2019

Eric K.

Ileona and Jose and their team were incredible. This could not have gone any better. Everyone was professional, personable and punctual. We were displaced for a week to give the team time and upon return the floors looked brand new. They paid a lot of time to the small details just to make the job perfect. They kept us updated with photos while the work was being done. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Replacement of kitchen hardwood flooring and sanding and refinishing of entire first floor of house.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,water damage restoration

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

05/25/2018

matt O.

Excellent. Ileana was great and explained everything. Jose, her husband was extremely professional. They made our floors look amazing. They even made our wood AC registers match the floor. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Refinished 20 yr old hardwood floors.

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Review for Virginia Top Floors - 6100 River Forest Dr, Manassas, VA - 37101380

10/16/2017

Chris G.

Excellent! They came out on time every day and did a fantastic job. They explained all the steps along the way. They treat your house like they would treat their own house with care and attention to detail. They took the extra time to do things right when they saw an area of wood that needed replacing. After each day of work they cleaned up as much as possible under the circumstances. The 90% dust free claim is real; it really works. The outcome is exactly what we were looking for and this crew did an outstanding job!!!

Description of Work
We had our entire bottom floor sanded and re-stained.

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

06/29/2017

joon L.

Excellent jobs, price, good quality materials, promises and trust. Their teams did fantastic jobs for 6 days on my townhouse. The quote by Ileana(owner) was based on very detail itemized with honest and true price(must compare apple to apple for all details with other company). Very reliable company. Their jobs completed on schedules and reported by Ileana every night what they did and what they will do next day. Can't believe I found this company. Definitely recommend this company!!

Description of Work
We've done for refinishing hardwood floors throughout and install new hardwood floors in bedrooms.

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

06/10/2017

Donald S.

Jose and his family crew were outstanding. Their attention to detail and craftsmanship are above the best. I would us them again and highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished 1500 square feet of hardwood and cleaned and revarnished another 1000 square feet.

Work Completed On 05/29/2017

05/03/2017

Michael M.

The work was professionally done including removal and replacement of large furniture items. Its personnel were responsive, customer focused, and results-oriented. My wife and I were extremely pleased with the results. I highly recommend Virginia Top Floors for anyone seeking high quality flooring care

Description of Work
We engaged Virginia Top Floors to restore three badly worn wood floors while my family and I were on vacation out of the country.

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

04/09/2017

Anne M.

This is a family business that is very professional and responsive. Jose the engineer and his daughter did a beautiful job of installing red-oak railings and posts and white balusters in our townhouse. Jose is meticulous and tidy, and he took the time needed to install everything properly. Plus, their fee was $650 less than the top estimate I had received. We will definitely be calling them again when we get around to redoing our floors.

Description of Work
They replaced the old stair railings and balusters in our townhouse.

Work Completed On 04/09/2017

Review for Virginia Top Floors - 6100 River Forest Dr, Manassas, VA - 34770767

02/28/2017

william S.

We had a challenging project because we have an old house remodel and wanted to minimize airborne fine dust before we moved in. We decided to pull off all the baseboards and complete the floor refinishing out of sequence, leaving drywall work and painting until after the floors were compete and protected. Virginia Top Floors (VTF) successfully completed the project. Virginia Top Floors uses German equipment that creates less dust than conventional floor sanding methods and systems. This system is not the same as a true dust containment system with HEPA filtration, but it is better than the regular system used by most floor refinishing companies. VTF showed up on time and completed the project per their stated schedule. They completed the project in a workman-like manner with minor ridges. Deficiencies were few. At one location swirl mark from the edging machine weren’t removed before staining and finishing. Several nail holes weren’t filled flush with the surface. These are minor issues and do not detract from the overall satisfactory appearance of the completed floor. Invoicing was broken out and easily understood. Pricing for extras was fair and agreed in principal before the extra work was completed. Communication was excellent. In retrospect, I would insist on is a client walkthrough/sign-off before any stain or finish is applied. This contract clause would put an extra set of eyes and help fix any minor prep issues that otherwise have been overlooked. Overall Virginia Top Floors is a solid company who stands behind their work. We are pretty happy with the result.

Description of Work
900 sqft stain and refinish of white oak floor including isolated replacements and some patch and fill.

Work Completed On 02/20/2017

07/12/2016

Michael M.

Wow! Simply amazing. From the day I met Ileana to completion of the project, I was impressed with her and her team's responsiveness, expertise, and the amazing job they did on refinishing my floors. The care they took to protect our week old new carpeting was impressive. Replacing the floors after 17 years of wear from two kids and six labs would have cost around $8-10K. Va Top Floors gave us floors to be proud of that are better than new wood. If you hardwood floors are worn, before you even consider replacement, give Ileana a call. You will not be disappointed. Va top Floors is one of the absolute best contractors I have ever worked with.

Description of Work
Refinished 17 year old hardwood flooring

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

06/22/2016

Kelly C.

Courteous, professional, punctual, beautiful workmanship, great price. Perfect all the way around,

Description of Work
Refinished entire homes hardwood floors: sand and stain. Also finished grand staircase to Williamsburg style

Work Completed On 03/30/2016

05/03/2016

Luz R.

All the work was done in the estimated time in a very professional way. I highly recommend this company, a great combination of kind people and very professional work.

Description of Work
Deep cleaning and buffing of hardwood floors. Application of water based polyurethane finish.