We are actively performing limited services. We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Air duct cleaning, mold remediation, mold testing, microbial sanitation, mold inspections with lab report, indoor air quality

We accept remote payment

All-Star Duct Cleaning

Founded 2008 • With Angi since November 2010

P.O. Box 2456

Manassas, VA 20108

All-Star Duct Cleaning will provide you with quality service from start to finish. Our trained staff will do a walk-thru inspection prior to starting the job. At All-Star Duct Cleaning, our technicians are Certified Mold Remediators and also Inspectors with a NADCA certification. All-Star Duct Cleaning, Inc. has won 7X's Super Service Awards with Angie's List for our excellent service in air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning and mold. We only use Hepa Filtrated air duct cleaning equipment not roto brush. Our equipment removes 99% of debris in the air duct system. And its certified by the EPA. We only use mold remediation products registered with the EPA, not harmful chemicals....

05/31/2022

Chiante T.

I just moved into my apartment and my family members quickly started getting sick. So I called All Star duct cleaning and they came and looked in my vents and took a sample. A couple of days later they called me to inform me that I had black mold in my vents and came to remediate it quickly. They spoke to me about everything that was about to occur which put me at ease. Once the work was done they came back out to take another sample to send off and mold was gone. Great job All-Star I will be referring you

Description of Work
Duct work and remediation

Category drywall, mold removal

01/21/2020

Stuart S.

We signed up for a forced hot air duct cleaning job for a fixed “bargain” price of $375. Russell and David (nice guys) showed up right on time and cleaned the air ducts. We were then informed that during the work a significant amount of mold had been found in our air duct system. This was documented by several photos on Russell’s smart phone. Russell thought the conditions found amounted to about 7 out of 10 on a scale of mold severity. We were then presented with a proposal for mold remediation at a cost of $2,400. Concerned, we said we would consider the offer and sent them on their way. Next morning “Jim” (from our heating contractor) arrived for our scheduled checkup. We explained the mold issue to Jim who thought that condition to be highly unlikely. Jim “opened” the air duct system in several places. We saw only tiny hints of mold, nothing which resembled Russel’s photos or would require remediation. Our son knows of a person in the heating business who thinks that the conditions “found” are unlikely and further suggested that, if the mold was that bad, the air ducts would need to be replaced rather than remediated. I Googled “duct cleaning scams” and found that mold discovery accompanied by unnecessary proposed expensive remediation projects are quite common. Reading reviews of All-Start Duct Cleaning on Angie’s List revealed that mold had been found in several of those cases. We decided not to accept the proposed mold remediation project.

Description of Work
Forced hot air duct cleaning

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for the review. Unfortunately there are a lot of scamming air duct cleaning companies out there on the market. They tell customers they have mold and then try to charge an outrageous price. That's why all of our technicians are certified in ventilation maintenance and licensed mold inspectors. These technicians have been to school and received certifications. Before we clean any air duct system, we swab the ducts with a onsite test swab and the hvac system to see if it tests positive for mold. Unfortunately in your case, your home did test positive for mold and pictures were provided. Our pricing is based on labor, insurance, materials, equipment and supplies to complete the remediation job. Mold sometimes depending on the severeness of the case, can be come pricey. Our company is around the same rates as all the other companies or lower. We do not do price gouging to customers. Through the NADAC Association, we are required to provide pricing of our services to make sure that we are following their guidelines. This is a very big association that you must stay compliant with in order to maintain membership. It's very important in our field. Our company has won 7 super service awards on Angie's list and we do take pride when it comes to providing service and pricing to our customers. We only use products that are EPA registered and green certified too. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me Jenny, directly and I will be more than happy to assist you.

11/08/2019

Don M.

It was completed. How well it was done, remains to be seen. Thank goodness I was home, but the crew showed up 6 hours early, which fortunately worked out. The crew was very professional and nice, and explained things. Why I say it remains to be seen how well they did is because I know the ducts have not been cleaned in years; shame on me and the previous owners. However, when I was the amount of dirt that was disposed, it did not seem like a lot of dirt. I base this on the internal pictures that the crew and the man who inspected our heater took of the duct.

Description of Work
HVAC Air Ducts Cleaned

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you so much for leaving the review.

12/13/2016

Anjuna M.

Very tight space to work in; but the crew did an amazing job. So professional. Have already recommended them to friends and neighbors. Russell, the owner, his crew Dave and Marcel were on time, professional and experts in their field.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for the review.

11/19/2016

Sharon D.

The service was fine. The best part of my experience with them was they showed up when they said they would show up and they cleaned the vents like they said they would. The worst part was that they broke a couple of the flops on my outside dryer vents. They did not even mention it. It was just cheap plastic and I had someone come out and replace it.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for All-Star Duct Cleaning. They cleaned the ducts and dryer vent.

10/17/2016

Kirk P.

Russell found some mold in our system. After they completed the cleaning they some products to take care of the mold that was found.

Description of Work
We needed our ducts cleaned.

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for the feedback!

09/20/2016

kamal S.

Very well they did a great job. RUSSELL was excellent.

Description of Work
Duct cleaning and mold remediation

08/22/2016

Stephanie D.

The staff was very professional and courteous

Description of Work
ducts inspection and recommendations for appropriate solutions

01/10/2016

Anthony S.

They were very professional and took care not to track in any dirt in and out of the house. After cleaning out vents, they showed us where we had some mold and rust. They recommended "mold remediation" which was approx $2,600. We were unsure whether to do it, but based on fact that we have lived in house for 12 years and the house is 60 years old had it done. Can't really comment on the quality of that work or whether we really needed it.

Description of Work
cleaned air ducts and dryer vent. mold remediation

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you so much for the review!

01/08/2016

Carmen M.

They did the work shortly after the purchase because I sold the house in June. I don't remember being just pleased with their work. The price was awesome.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for All-Star Duct Cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for your review!

01/05/2016

Stephen S.

Job went well, i was there most of the time. I did have to run out but they were still at it when i returned. Both men were professional and used shoe booties when walking inside the house. I had just bought the house and and was having headaches daily, my face and my sons skin would get itchy from being in the house. The previous owners had cats and allergies are a big deal for myself and son. Ducts were pretty filthy with debris sitting right in the duct openings. I was told i would get before and after pics of all the ducts. Pics were taken and shown to me before the job started. I never received the after so i cant say 100% how well they are cleaned. I asked for them on 2 different occasions through email and never received them. I can say that the headaches went away, the smell of the home was much improved and no more itching. But again, the service says before AND after.

Description of Work
Cleaned all ducts in a single level 3800 sq.ft home with 2 furnaces. Original purchase was for $525 for one furnace and dryer duct cleaning. then the second duct they wanted another $450 i think plus the $450 for the coating. I was not willing to pay that and negotiated down. Applied a white coating to a small section in a duct where my humidifier is that had a little bit of mold. Used a fogger house freshener through the ducts. Cleaned the dryer duct out.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, mold removal, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not receive your pictures I will look into them and make sure they are sent.

11/30/2015

Colleen A.

Looed great at first, 14 months later, filled with mold and blowing black mold on a wall. Wonder what our lungs look like. I have a picture if you want to see...

Description of Work
Supposedly cleaned and removed mold from our vents and we need to clean them immediately because they are filled with mold! I called and left messages,they don't answer. They are acting like thieves and obviously don't know what they're doing.

Category air duct cleaning

I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had. You had a one year warranty with our company so your warranty expired since it has been 14 months. If you would have called us during the warranty time then it would have been covered for any additional services that may have needed attention. This is the first time we have heard about this situation and we would be more than happy to come out free of charge to look at it for you. If additional services are required then we will offer them to you at a discounted rate.

11/09/2015

Colleen R.

Great. He was punctual and did as outlined.

Description of Work
Cleaned out the duct system in the house. Fine job.

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you so much for your review it is greatly appreciated.

10/31/2015

Henry K.

Purchased the Angie's deal coupon for $250 for full HVAC cleaning and all vents and returns. During cleaning they found some black mold and recommended deep cleaning for additional $250. They showed us pics of where the mold and other dirty stuff was and we decided to have them clean it since I doubt duct cleaning was ever performed for this house. We were satisfied with the result. The cleaner was prompt and explained everything in detail. We were satisfied with the service.

Description of Work
Clean HVAC and also do power clean to remove black mold.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, house cleaning, air duct cleaning, mold removal, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you so much for your review it is greatly appreciated.

10/02/2015

Tatsiana K.

We have two systems in the house, which we had cleaned (air duct cleaning) and the dryer vent as well. The dryer vent cleaning was provided free of charge as a special they were running. The technicians were very punctual, professional, and too their time to thoroughly clean everything up. They even vacuumed the covers on the returns! These guys found mold in both of our systems and we're definitely turning to them for our mold remediation services! Are also recommending them to all of our friends!

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning of 2 systems and dryer vent cleaning

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you so much for your review! Based on our great services and your review we earned a page of happiness Award!

09/28/2015

Samir J.

Friendly, very professional, very clean before and after. Showed us before and after pictures. Highly recommend them for duct cleaning

Description of Work
Cleaned up the air ducts throughout the house.

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for the review!

07/01/2015

AMY S.

The company arrived on time. I did call the office the morning of because I had a message that they would call the day before the appointment to confirm which did not happen. After their arrival and set up one of the technicians went around the house and took pictures of the inside of the vents under the registers. Then he approached me and said that I had mold in my ductwork and around the coils of my unit. He proceeded to show me pictures on his phone of the ducts (which in my opinion didn't show anything but dirt, dog hair and food) and spots "that may be mold" . He then showed me the coils and was pointing out "mold" but again I didn't see any. He told me that it was no problem because they could take care of it that day, I asked how much that would be and I was told he would call his manager. The price to clean up the mold was $700. I declined. I do not believe I had mold and if I did I don't think that they would have/or should have even proceeded with the duct cleaning since it would have stirred it up and sucked it into their machine. Also to clean mold they usually have to wear special suits and respirators. After they left I went to inspect the area where the dryer vent was cleaned and found dust/lint everywhere so I had to clean up. I felt like I should not have had to lug my vacuum to the basement to clean up the mess. While the ducts were being don't the front door wide open so I has flies and bees in the house when they were gone. Also I asked how much "stuff" came out of the vents and all they said was a lot. I had ducts cleaned at a previous home and I was shown what came out into the machine. The overall experience was "ok" but I felt like the mold story was a ploy that would cost me unnecessary money. I will not use this company in the future.

Description of Work
HVAC ducts cleaned and dryer vent cleaned

I am very sorry you feel you had a bad experience. The lead tech that was out is actually a certified mold inspector who holds a license. He also has 4 other certifications in his field to certify his knowledge. To remove mold you do not need suits or respirators for the condition one mold. We use those for a condition three mold which is a more extensive removal process. Mold removing can be a pricy job at times. We use top of the line EPA Registered green products only. Our tech did call the office and we offered you a discount which you declined. I am very sorry the price was not in your budget but we did try to accommodate you as much as possible. After looking at the before and after pictures we have on file, you can tell a big difference In the cleaning that was performed at your home.

06/30/2015

Paul F.

Russell and David were on time, courteous and professional. I will recommend All-Star Duct Cleaning to my friends and colleagues and will use them again! Great service. Thank you!

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning

Category air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you so much for the review. I will let them know what a great job they did. Glad we took care of your home for you.

06/29/2015

Leif H.

Overall positive experience.

Description of Work
Cleaned duct work on a dual zone HVAC system and cleaned dryer vent.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for the review!!

06/01/2015

Linda G.

They were extremely efficient; pleasant and wonderful to deal with. I will definitely use their services again and refer to my friends and neighbors. Linda Grant

Description of Work
They cleaned the dry duct, and outside bathroom vent and installed a bird guard.

05/09/2015

Dave A.

Excellent they did a great job called and arrived early.

Description of Work
Cleaned vents

04/16/2015

Colleen A.

We had to pay extra because we have 2 units. They charge per unit and not per house. They were great. They were very clean and everything was cleaned. They took pictures of inside of the units to show us. They did a great job.

Description of Work
We had mold in our air conditioner and they took care of it. They cleaned all the ducts and they washed and removed the mold. They are licensed to do that.

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

04/13/2015

Jennifer C.

Russell and David were excellent. Arrived on time, incredibly polite and thoughtful. Not an easy job and did it well, worked without a break (over four hours) and left the house in spotless condition. Will definitely use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned our air ducts on two systems and removed mold and sanitized one of our central air conditioner systems.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, mold removal

04/08/2015

Terrina H.

It went great, they did an efficient. I could tell a difference in the air quality immediately. They are very professional and wore booties to keep my carpet clean. They were courteous and timely.

Description of Work
Cleaned the ducts and encapsulated mold that was found.

03/25/2015

Ethel S.

They did the job well, and explained to me what was taking place. I had an addition job done with them as well which turned out well.

Description of Work
They cleaned all the ducts and vents.