American Powerclean

Virginia
04/30/2018

9893 Georgetown Pike 518

Great Falls, VA 22066

Celebrating 31 years serving Northern Virginia. We have received Angie's List Super Service Award from 2007 through 2017. We hold a Business and Contractors licenses. We carry 2,000,000. in Liability insurance as well as Business Auto and Workers Compensation. We clean vinyl, aluminum and steel siding. We clean, strip, seal, stain and paint decks. We work with pressure treated lumber, cedar, redwood, IPE and all hardwoods. We have years of experience cleaning Trex and all composite decking. We replace individual deck boards and entire deck floors as necessary. We repair and replace deteriorated wood trim and molding on house exteriors. We offer both interior and exterior painting. We clean and stain cedar and redwood homes. We appreciate and value our repeat clients and Angie's List members. We unconditionally guarantee all of our work and will respond quickly and return to the job as many times as necessary to satisfy our customers....

pressure washing (449)deck cleaning (218)decks & porches (97)house painting (72)woodworking (17)fence company (14)general contractors (9)siding companies (8)interior painting (7)roof cleaning (6)gutter cleaning (6)screen repair (3)

04/19/2021

We are very pleased with the power washing. Mr. Guthrie is a gentleman and extremely professional. He accommodated us at a very short notice and his employees did an excellent job. We will hire this company again without any hesitation.

Description of Work
Pressure washed home, driveway, fence and Deck

Category pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

Thank you, Ms. [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your business!

04/16/2021

I have a 10' x 12' elevated wood deck on the back of my townhouse. It needed washing and staining, and it needed some structural repairs to deal with a railing that was pulling away from the rest of the deck. I had used American Powerclean years ago, and their many positive reviews led me to them again. Philip Guthrie came to the house and recommended some joist-hangers and corner-braces to fix th...

Description of Work
Repair, power-wash, and stain wood deck

Category decks,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Work Completed On 04/02/2021

Thank you for your review, Mr. [Member Name Removed]. I'm glad we were able to help!

10/12/2020

These folks are great! Arrived in a timely manner, and the work was superb. All non-contact as well.

Description of Work
Pressure Washed & Sealed our screened in porch

Category deck cleaning,house painters

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], thanks so much for your review!

10/04/2020

Excellent work completed in a timely fashion at a reasonable cost!

Description of Work
Deck and Pergola power washed and stained and repaired.

Category contractors,deck cleaning,pressure washing

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. I appreciate your review!

09/01/2020

First, the company description states 31 years in business. Let me correct that with the owner's own words from a recent Yelp review (not mine): I bought the assets of the company--not the company, not its liabilities.Post what you want, and **** off. Philip Guthrie He bought the assets in late 2018 it seems, so all the positive reviews before 2019 are not his. Thus the rating for this company is ...

Description of Work
pressure wash and roof, sidewalks, deck

Category pressure washing

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Sorry, Mr. [Member Name Removed]; I had intended to keep our appointment, but the more I thought about it, the less I wanted to meet you. I should've called, but our first conversation was odd and unpleasant. Again, I apologize, and thank you for your feedback.

08/20/2020

Overall, the experience was excellent. The estimate was done in a timely manner. The work started as planned, although there was a change to the duration of the job and number of workers employed. At the completion, the deck looks nice -- better than it ever has. The choice of lighter stain for the deck makes a big difference overall. The power washing of the rear cabinets and subsequent staining ...

Description of Work
Deck staining, power cleaning, front door re-finishing

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

07/25/2020

The owner arrived at schedule time to discuss and estimate the job. A crew of 2 arrived about 3 days after I approved the estimate to powerwash the vinyl siding and deck. A few days later, another crew of 2 stained the deck and painting a wrought iron railing. Overall, very professional and efficient and the result was neatly done and thorough.

Description of Work
Powerwash vinyl siding and deck, apply stain to deck, paint wrought iron railing

Category contractors,deck cleaning,pressure washing,house painters

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed], I appreciate your feedback!

07/17/2020

My 28 year old deck was badly in need of some attention. I thought I might have to dismantle it and think about building a new one. I contacted American PowerClean LLC upon the recommendation of a neighbor and the process was seamless from start to finish! The owner stated I could get a few more years out of my deck and provided an estimate for shoring up the railings as well as pressure washing a...

Description of Work
Shoring up of deck railings, pressure washing and painting of deck and fence

Category deck cleaning,pressure washing

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We enjoyed the work. Next time, don't wait so long to call us! :)

07/15/2020

It went great, Phillip came and did an estimate and discovered that I had two rotted posts. They did the power washing of the house and deck and then the sealing of the deck and repair of the posts and it looks great

Description of Work
Power wash the house, power wash and seal deck

Category decks,pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

Review for American Powerclean - 9893 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA - 38722149

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure to work with you on your deck.

07/14/2020

A crew of 3 arrived without previous clear direction of the work to be performed. They didn't even know what side of the building to work on and asked me what needed to be done. All these details had been clearly expressed and agreed upon previously in person and documented by the company in a cost estimate. The crew was sent away and the company informed of my dissatisfaction and disappointment.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

I'm afraid I've gotten to the point that when people call me up and insult me or my guys before we even start that I just call them off the job. I could've fixed this in five minutes, and gone on to do the same 'A' work that we do for everyone else, but if you're going to yell at me or call me names, then I don't want to work with you. This is the third 'F' I've received in the last two years, all...

Pressure washing. Deck cleaning, stripping, sealing & staining. Carpentry. Interior & exterior painting.

-Please see for more details.

Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover