Keefer Building Services

Founded 1999 • With Angi since December 2010

Webster Rd

Glade Hill, VA 24092

KBS is dedicated to providing service above the norm in the construction industry. We have been in business in Virginia since 2006 with over 50 years of experience in the construction trades. Our goal is to offer the best quality home for the best price. KBS is focused on full custom, modular and custom modular homes, as well as electrical services. Please visit our web site to see a full list of services provided by Keefer Building Services....

10/10/2016

June B.

First of all, he did it very neatly, I didn't have a big mess when he left. Everything worked right when he finished working. The job was done well and neat.

Description of Work
He did two electrical jobs for me. One was in the kitchen and the other was electrical work in my bathroom.

05/31/2014

Claudia K.

Description of Work
Fix a projector to the sealing.

Category electrician, house painters, basement remodeling

Thank You! We appreciate the opportunity and are pleased you are happy!

01/08/2014

Kristian M.

Everything worked out fine. There were no additional charges. I've never used them before. Everything was great. They came in and helped out with a couple of circuits in the house. There were no issues since the service.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Keefer Building Services. They did the troubleshooting of the electrical circuits. They sure did fix it for me.

12/31/2013

Mavis A.

Mr. Keefer was very professional, arrived when he said he would, and did everything I asked him to do.

Description of Work
Mr. Keefer fixed two of my lights that did not work. He programmed my phone and worked on a phone jack.

12/03/2013

Martha E.

Initially they came to install updated flood lights and change out 2 old outlets that no longer worked. The owner was very professional and knowledgeable in his work. He was able to complete all requested tasks within the 2 hours agreed. However, the last outlet revealed an issue that required a rewiring to avoid a fire hazard. The owner called me the next day to set up an appointment to return to complete the job. He also said that "it would take the majority of a day." I requested the scheduled day off and was not disappointed. The owner's 2 associates arrived at the scheduled time and stayed, without a break, for over 5 hours. Not only was the wiring "within code" and working, but they also created wiring for a ceiling fan in my kitchen. The cost of labor and parts was very reasonable and fair. Just a few days later, the electricity that was rewired in that part of the house no longer worked. I called the owner that following Monday, and he agreed to stop by in the late afternoon to check on the wiring job. He did not show any frustration with my husband or myself as he explained how the circuit tripped. He was patient as he showed us what to do the next time it happens. I am very pleased with the work performed, the cost of a whole days' work, and the professionalism that the owner and his associates showed towards my family and me. I will use Keefer Building Services for any electrical repairs, as needed.

Description of Work
The provider repaired 2 indoor outlets, replaced a bulb in one outdoor flood light, replaced a different flood light on the outside of the house, created wiring for a ceiling fan in the kitchen, and did a complete rewiring in one part of the house.

Category electrician

Thank you! We are happy we could resolve your issues.

03/11/2013

AL K.

Did an excellent professional job

Description of Work
install a new roof on our home which included the removal of the old roof. Did an excellent job in the removal, installment and clean up.

Category electrician

Thank You customer we are very pleased we were able to get your project completed to your expectations.

10/04/2012

Ron B.

Quality of shed work was excellent & Joe was always here when he said he would be. Generator installation included pouring a stone base to position the generator, connection of natural gas line to generator, running electrical wiring through the crawl space, mounting the transfer switch under the breaker box & all wiring to the fuse box. Generator started up on the first attempt and powers everything in the house except the clothes dryer & A/C compressor. Would recommend Joe to anyone based on fair price, quality of work & dependable scheduling.

Description of Work
Repaired shed damaged during July 1 Derecho & installed a standby generator in mid August 2012. Shed repair included removing siding & re-positioning to original position, replace shelf that had been broken inside the shed and painting exterior.

Category electrician, woodworking, house painters

Thank you very much, we take great pride in making our customers happy.

10/01/2012

brenda R.

The project started out okay, but rapidly turned into a nightmare. The only day he made an effort to clean up was the first day. He consistently left dust everywhere. He drove his truck on our lawn and left ruts in the grass. Debris from cutting the tiles was left in the lawn or thrown into the culvert that borders the lawn. His progress, what there was, was sporadic at best. I get home at 3:00 and he was long gone by that time every day but one. Sadly, these are our minor complaints. His lack of craftsmanship and pride in his work was abysmal.His tile work in the one shower he got to was laughably unprofessional. In addition to chipped tiles he made no effort to align the shower floor tile in anything that resembled straight lines. He reused trim and shoe that was cracked and gouged, claiming that a little caulking would make them look like new. At this point we were convinced he lacked the skill to complete our project professionally. We confronted him with the same issues we illustrated here and we thought we had an agreement to part ways amicably. He agreed to send us a bill for work done. It took three weeks of near daily phone calls and e-mails before he finally sent one. We had been expecting an honest itemized bill for materials and labor. When we got the bill,the labor charge for doing less than half the work was nearly what he wanted for completing it. His charge for materials was fraudulently inflated. We know we purchased the majority of the materials and have documentation to prove it. We know what he purchased and estimate those costs to be about $800.His bill says that he spent $2800. We have all but begged him to show us proof, yet he refuses all contact by phone or e-mail. We have since gotten estimates from two real professional contractors. Both have said most or all of Mr. Keefer's work will have to be redone due to lack of craftsmanship. They both have said the materials are not salvageable and will have to be replaced at our expense. At this point we have given Mr. Keefer $6000 and he has given us work that has to be redone and ruined materials that have to be replaced.He hasn't had the decency, responsibility, or courage to resond to our legitimate requests for an honest accounting. Since he refuses to do so, our plan is to file a legal complaint. This will surely add to the misery and expense our brief contact with Mr. Keefer has caused us.

Description of Work
We contracted Mr. Keefer to remodel 3 bathrooms and refloor a laundry room. Everything in the bathrooms was to be replaced except the existing vanities.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

We offered to fix their concerns. Instead they asked us to leave with out the chance to correct their concern. We treated this job as we do all jobs and clean up every day. unfortunately this is construction there will be small messes that have been overlooked. We spent extra time to help Member pick out and put together her 3 bathrooms, this is a service we don't normally charge for. We threw the water into the culvert instead of dumping it on the ground so as to not kill the grass. we take extra care to respect clients property.

04/14/2012

W. D.

We did not use Joe because his estimate was hire than 3 other contractors. He did ask about the other estimates from other companies and said he would try to be more competitive for future estimates.

Description of Work
Joe came to the property for an estimate regarding a new 200 amp panel, stair replacement and deck

Category decks, electrician

01/04/2012

Mike N.

He is excellent and I already have him scheduled to come in and rewire the entire house in a few months.

Description of Work
I was doing a basement project and Keefer Building Services put up a sheetrock wall for me. He came back right before we finished up to put in electrical outlets.

Category drywall, electrician, basement remodeling

06/18/2011

Mike N.

Overall it went very well, on time and for the estimated amount and the work was first rate. I highly recommend Keefer services

Description of Work
A few years back we had a well pipe burst and had to remove our front steps for the repair. We decided on a 36 ft by 10 ft porch to but put across the front of the house. I don't remember how I came across Joe Keefer's name but I was very lucky I did. I had 3 other estimates from companies who were lethargic in therir response and too high in cost. One estimator came drunk and complained about being able to get enough good workers to do the job. Joe came, estimated the job, was professional and friendly and offered a good price. He started work promptly, showed up every day early in the morning, and did a full days work. You could see that he took pride in his work. The result was a beautiful porch that has held up well these last few years. He did an excellent job roofing the porch and we had them put up a privacy fence and re-roof our shed. All this was done well, on time or ahead of schedule and for a reasonable price. I don't believe you can go wrong with Keefer services. When I have another project I will be calling Joe Keefer and I can be assured that it will be done well and for a fair price. Do(s) call for an estimate. Dont(s) contract anyone else until you give Keefer a shot at it.

Category contractors, decks, electrician, garage builders

Golden choice pro painters

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

Alpha Painting

SALEM PAINTING

A Family Business ran by a 4th generation Painter, Corey Webster, providing professional workmanship and top quality results for over 40 years. Specializing in all painting, interior/exterior, residential, commercial, industrial, painting, patching, caulking, pressure washing, wallpaper removal, garage floors, drywall, ceramic tile, carpentry and more! Call for a Free estimate!

Modular home construction, Electrical, garages, pole barns, siding, windows, doors, handicap services, lighting, sidewalks, patios, landscape structures, farm structures. We provide most of the services associated with construction please ask if you do not see a service listed here.