We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

SmartRoof

Founded 2015 • With Angi since February 2017

3.9

3900 Jermantown Rd Ste 490

Fairfax, VA 22030

SmartRoof specializes in Residential and Commercial Roofing and Solar. Most roofing and solar companies overcharge, or underdeliver. Or, worst of all, do both. That’s why we reinvented the experience. We’re backed by every major manufacturer, do thousands of jobs a year, and are fanatical about raising the bar for your home improvement experience. Make the smart choice in roofing and solar. ...

08/01/2022

David H.

STAY AWAY!!!! Worst company I have ever worked with. 0 communication. No call no show two days, after I took off of work to be there for the job. In total 5 trip out to finish the job sometimes with months in between. The entire job took forever and was drug out for over 8 months and 3 different project managers later. They showed up without the right material (8 new skylights one time) and had to leave twice nd reschedule. Leaving material in my driveway and roof for like 45 days. Installed the wrong soffit and had to hear it from my wife on the phone crying while I was at work. To top it off I had them replace the soffit and facia from almond to white but they were so incompetent they forgot to change the drip edge to white. So im left with white facia and soffit and almond drip edge. When I called to complain the said they will be out to just SPRAY PAINT IT!! My new roof, what kind of professionalism is that! Within the first 2 weeks of the new roof I had a major leak in my basement after the first real heavy rain and when they came out to look they blamed it on my foundation haha EVERY STEP OF THE WAY WAS A BATTLE 0/10 0 stars

Description of Work
New roof, soffit, facia, gutters, 8 skylights

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing

03/18/2022

Douglas S.

SmartRoof is a contracting firm with a quality sales and support staff - who subcontracts the actual labor. You will not know who your contractor is until the work is being done. You can gamble on SmartRoof employing quality contractors, and pay them a premium for not having to speak with a contractor directly, or find a contractor… and save 1/3 or more. SmartRoof was helpful through the sales process, enlisting insurance to participate, etc. The actual work that was performed was below my expectations for the (exorbitant) amount we paid. We now have a crooked ridge line and a large depression where sheathing was applied unevenly. The depression would’ve been taken care of with a small sheet of additional sheathing laminated over the repair area. Nope. They just got er done. Now we have a very expensive roof that looks askew. Their gutter contractor was much better, but then we paid almost $50/foot for gutters and fascia… which is a lot. Our driveway had to be subsequently dug up and replaced as the roofers went to town on our asphalt. So, on top of our $26k roof bill, we had to immediately shell out $8500 for a driveway - work that admittedly would’ve needed done a few years down the road, but a few years’ depreciation on an item like that is substantial. SmartRoof’s solution was to credit us $250. You read that correctly: less than 1% of the job. My face still stings from that slap. Bottom line? TLDR? Look elsewhere. Get three estimates and take the middle one. Just don’t include SmartRoof in your suite of estimates. Unless of course, you’re interested in paying an extra 30+% for a personable sales staff, and potentially having your job turn out like ours: looking bad. P.S. Their Project coordinator eventually reached out to us. Their response can only be described as aggressive and condescending. Finding better contractors for substantially less money is easy in this area. We sorely regret our decision to enlist SmartRoof.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

01/11/2022

Luke I.

Run away now!! They over charge, not responsive, definitely not dependable and cause damage! I initiated a contract to replace my entire roof and gutters and add solar panels, back in Jul'21. It's Jan'22 and they're still not complete. I can go on and on, literally not a single timeline has been met. Of course, they're very responsive pre-contract and deposit. Why they overcharge: They are an umbrella company that subcontracts their roofing business to other smaller companies for everything (roofing, solar and gutters). I've literally worked with three different teams throughout the process and two project managers (btw, shout out to Donte, probably the only redeeming quality of Smart Roof). Not responsive, it's taken 2-4 weeks or even months to get a response after you pay the deposit. They're roofers had to move HVAC exhaust pipe to fit the solar panels and reassembled the PVC incorrectly and cut corners-they didn't even apply glue to ensure it was water tight! So Smart Roof caused the exact thing they were hired to prevent damage to my ceiling-UNBELIEVABLE! I'm stuck with them, deposit already made and insurance claim already filed!

Description of Work
Roof, gutters and solar

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing, solar panels

07/31/2020

Hamid P.

I was pleased with crews professional attitude.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing, doors

05/20/2020

Dennis M.

Smart Roof crew worked a an excellent pace and did a great job with getting the custom fitted windows ordered and installed.

Description of Work
Replaced 49 builder grade windows with Energy Star rated Provia Endure windows.

Category replacement windows, doors

05/11/2020

Stella M.

It couldn't have gone any better. Everyone from SmartRoof was extremely efficient, polite and professional. Mark Whipple was my first contact and arranged inspections, notified my homeowners insurance company and, best of all, arranged expedited installation as I was in the process of moving. He was here almost every day checking on the paper work and scheduling. Tommy Wells, the project manager, was also great in keeping me abreast of the work. Because I was in a hurry, he had 7 or 8 workers on my roof and they completed the job in one day! I give SmartRoof an A+!!

Description of Work
I needed a whole new roof because mine was damaged by hail and wind.

Category roofing, doors

04/15/2020

Albert J.

Superb job start to finish. The Smart Roof team worked with my insurance company to get the job covered, had a wide array of quality materials to choose from, showed up on time, worked hard, and finished on time. And most importantly, the quality and aesthetics of their workmanship is excellent. Albert Janin Herndon, VA

Description of Work
Roof replacement

04/15/2020

Harold C.

It was Excellent

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

04/06/2020

JOHN C.

Had a hail storm last August. Liam stopped by to advise on and assess the damage. Worked with the ins co to get the claim processed. Then passed to production. A few communication hiccups but all straightened out. Then to Thomas (project manager) who scheduled the job and crew. Took 1.5 days as advised. Crew worked 7-7 on day one. Very professional and cleaned up the site well. Then returned for a half day to finish. Left the yard and area as found. Ran the nail magnet. Thomas just finished up with punch list that will be done later this week. Overall a very good experience. Roof looks great.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement due to hail damage.

03/23/2020

Alex S.

A first-rate company when it comes to commitment and professionalism in all aspects of our experience. From the outset they dealt with our insurance company in a very professional and committed way. Then throughout the installation of both the roof and covered gutters which were performed by very courteous teams who left the place in its original condition. The project management and follow up after completion was another wonderful experience. Thank you SmartRoof for the commitment and professionalism of your entire team! Alex Shalaby

Description of Work
Roof and gutter replacement due to damage from hail.

03/15/2020

Antonio C.

I'd put 0 stars if I could. Take a look at the attached pictures and tell me if you would like this on your very expensive copper roof! SmartRoof simply does sales. Then they hand off the work to other crews. They will never show up for themselves on the job to supervise it and ensure it is done professionally. In my case, I noticed the quality issues right away. Thankfully, I documented the entire job very well and chronologically. As you can tell from the attached photos, it was abysmal work. At first they did not want to take responsibility for this trash and so I pushed for an inspection. After inspection was done, they found much more that I expected! Among other things, the inspectors found out that they had only replaced half the roof and left the other old roof in place! Had I not requested an inspection we would never have known this. They finally came to put the rest of it up, but never address the many other issues that I pointed out and that you see in the pictures. In fact, they created other messes in the process. For instance they never re-attached our leaf filter in our gutters properly. I could go on and on here, but after 5 months of back and forth I had to let them go and hire a professional roofer to come and fix their mess. Be nice to yourself, hire someone else, I sure wish I did.

Description of Work
New Asphalt and Copper Roof

06/21/2019

Steve D.

They were outstanding. They did a great job both the roof and siding. They were professional, very thorough, competent, knowledgeable and easy to work with. They treat their customers very well. I recommeded them to my friends.

Description of Work
They replaced my roof and replaced all my siding.

Category roofing, siding

06/17/2019

Lynn O.

It was excellent. They were very easy to work with. They came to battle for me and showed the insurance company what were need to be done. They saved me a lot of money. Daniel Lucas and some of the owner were very professional.

Description of Work
Replaced the entire roof of the main house.

06/05/2019

Christopher W.

Excellent results

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category roofing, doors

04/16/2018

Kimberly J.

I was very impressed with the team at Smart Roof. Everyone I dealt with was professional, knowledgeable, and followed through timely. They were a tremendous help in dealing with my insurance company, offering tips and advice, coming out to meet with them twice for inspections. I felt like I had a strong partner in my corner to get my roof replaced due to storm damage. Their rates are also very competitive, and they offer top of the line quality materials, even for underlay and other materials some companies scrimp on to save money. Top notch all the way.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Windows on Washington

Simply put - we believe that improving your home should be enjoyable. That is why we spent years designing our consultations, installations, and customer care experiences to minimize stress and provide every client with a fair and honest home improvement experience. Founded in 2005, Windows on Washington has become one of the area’s most respected home improvement companies because we make our clients' homes more beautiful, comfortable, and energy efficient. We are proud Angie’s Super Service Award winners, which we’ve now earned for seven consecutive years. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have never had one filed complaint. In addition, we have hundreds of positive customer reviews on Angie’s List, Customer Lobby, Home Advisor, Guild Quality, Houzz, and Yelp.

Offers by Windows on Washington on Angi
    SOLUTIONS PRO LLC

SOLUTIONS PRO LLC is a local gutter company providing gutter services in the VA area. We offer our residents professional, superior workmanship and great customer service all year round. SOLUTIONS PRO LLC Cleans gutters, installs and replaces gutters and gutter guards.

Discount Energy Services

Discount Energy Services has been insulating homes in Northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C. Metro area for over 30 years, and we have insulated more older homes than any of the other insulation contractors. The owner has over 40 years experience, and has always been specialized in insulating the older homes. Please call to have questions about your home insulation needs personally answered, and for an appointment for your free insulation estimate. After consulting with us, you may decide which type of insulation, and how much insulation you want after we give you your insulation suggestions, and we will also let you know what we recommend most. We will send our energy conservation specialist to your home to measure, and give you your free written prices for the energy saving options best suited for your home, whenever you are ready. Thanks again for checking with us. We guarantee the best job at the best price, and look forward to your call.

Offers by Discount Energy Services on Angi

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Virginia
    Virginia: Contractors
    11/30/2023
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Residential Roofing, Commercial Roofing, Free Roof Assessments , Solar, Solar Roofing, , Asphalt, Roofing, Cedar Shake Roofing, Metal Roofing, Slate Roofing, Flat Roofing, Tile Roofing, TPO Rubber Roofing, EPDM Roofing, Siding, Gutters, Windows, Doors

Plumbing, Eletrical