A-1 Inc Exterminators

Founded 1970 • With Angi since May 2006

Our company is a second-generation, family-owned business that has provided quality pest control services to the Hampton Roads area since February of 1970. Our goal has always been to provide honest, dependable, and professional service to our customers. We are proud of our 43 year history and we work diligently everyday to continue that level of excellence. Our Owners, Karen and Bill Pye, hold VDACs Commercial Certified Applicator licenses in: wood destroying insects general pest control turf management and ornamentals and are in the office or the field every day Our technicians are all Certified Commercial Applicators with the Virginia Department of Agriculture either when they began employment with our company, or within one year of being employed. This is done to ensure their level of training and expertise is up with A-1′s standards. Our office personnel are Certified Registered Technicians as well, which gives them a firm grasp on pest control services and allows them to be as thorough as possible when answering your questions. Our owners. technicians, and office staff attend monthly training and safety meetings plus Virginia Department of Agriculture(VDAC) training sessions and training sessions offered by our product manufacturers. Additional DBA - A-1 Pest Control, A-Aardvark the Exterminator. Award winning. Additional phones - (757) 539-1143, (757) 498-2800, (757) 853-1211....

A1 Lawn & Landscaping Service Inc

Our company is proud of our long tradition of creativity and commitment to excellence. We have been serving the Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, and Norfolk since 1991! Give us a call for all your landscaping needs today!

GUARANTEED GREENER GRASS & SECOND NATURE LANDSCAPE

Providing the Hampton Roads area with the finest In landscaping, and turf management needs. Whether you live in Chesapeake or Virginia Beach we can Beautify your lawn, landscape and home. Whether you need lawn mowing, landscape design, fescue, bermuda, zoysia or st. augustine sod, we can help. Whether you have drainage problems, standing water in the yard, more weeds than grass or a paver walkway, driveway, patio or pool deck, we can help. Annual turf management, core aeration, slit seeding, landscape renovation and more..

Offers by GUARANTEED GREENER GRASS & SECOND NATURE LANDSCAPE on Angi
JES Foundation Repair

JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They currently maintain offices in Appomattox, Baltimore, Chester, Manassas, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach. JES is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes and commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by JES Foundation Repair on Angi

05/02/2018

We used A1 exterminators for several years. In the beginning we used them to change the dehumidifier filters. We started using them because the previous owners had used them to redo the crawl space and install a the humidifier. At some point we also started using them for pest control. We did their Guardian Plan from beginning. The guys they sent over were nice and courteous and always helpful. We were pleased with service until we were selling our home and records of services provided were requested and they refused to give them. We were needing information on if they had caulked some cracks in the foundation when they sealed everything when the dehumidifier was installed. I even had the previous owner call and give them permission to release this information. They accused me of trying to get information out of them that didn't belong to me. Funny thing is, there were absolutely no issues, but they were immediately defensive and accusing me of being in a bad place with our buyers. She talked over me to the point and was so rude, I told her to shut up. That was the end of anything I ever wanted to do with them. Had the owner of this company not been the rudest person I have ever dealt with in my life, I may have left them a good rating. Based on how she treats a customer of 4 or 5 years, I could never recommend them to anyone. Read their reviews yourself. Their bad customer service speaks for itself. When I mentioned this company to the buyers real estate agent, he confirmed that they weren't reputable as did the escrow company that did our closing.

Description of Work
Yearly Pest Control Services

Category pest control

As always, we appreciate the member taking the time to leave a review and we also appreciate the very frustrating process of selling a home but regretfully, we were unable to give her another customer's records and that is not what she wanted to hear. She was very distraught, excited and argumentative. I tried to ask her if there was something specific she was looking for but after several minutes she would only tell me it had something to do with cracks in the foundation. But then she said there was no issue with cracks in the foundation. It was puzzling at best. After she hung up on me, her husband called back to say that she was just getting overwhelmed with the process. We had the previous owners of this home as customers with our last visit being six years ago. We did not perform the inspection required for that closing and so our last records with the previous owner amounted to simple general services. When this member called us in 2018, she requested information involving possible structural work being done to the home. We had not yet performed an inspection for her closing and so we weren't sure what type of information she was after. That wasn't the issue as far as we were concerned. We will NOT release property or service information to anyone other than the property owner. Period. Moreover, most work done 6 years prior would have no bearing on work needed today. What this member was asking for was outside of the scope of a standard Wood Destroying Insect and Moisture Inspection and Report but again, we had not performed the inspection for this member's purchase and had not yet performed the inspection for this next purchase. We simply had no information to give her. We suspect that this member's buyers had a home inspection that noted issues of interest or concern and she was trying to eliminate these problems for the new sale. This is very common and we understand as much as anyone could. But we cannot provide information related to the condition of a property for the purposes of its sale outside of the four corners of the standard Wood Destroying Insect & Moisture Reports. These are legal representations that a buyer will rely on when completing the purchase of a home and we take that responsibility very seriously. It is not necessary to defend our reputation here. Our records with all verifiable, reliable sources speak for themselves.

04/17/2018

I've never had a problem with them.

Description of Work
I've been a customer for 20 year. They've done termite inspections, dehumidifiers

03/21/2018

We have used A-1 since we purchased our home and they have done the yearly inspections. Any noticeable termite activity was always promptly take care of. We recently had them redo the whole house exterior treatment when more termite activity was noticed. The tech that came out to do the inspection and treatment seemed very knowledgeable and was very thorough. Overall we are very happy with the work provided.

Description of Work
Yearly inspection and termite treatment

03/06/2018

Everything I have hired A-1 to do has been done with care and professionalism.

Description of Work
I have had A-1 Exterminators do regular termite checks on my house. Last spring I was beginning to see some large roaches during the wet weather, so I called. They suggested an under and around treatment, which did the trick. When I decided to replace the 50-year-old foundation vents, I went to them as I had found them to be a honest, reliable, and professional company.

01/15/2018

The technician was prompt, polite and thorough. The company also followed up with a phone call, and I chose to purchase their annual inspection and warranty package. I was and am very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
I had the crawl space inspection at no charge, as offered.

Category pest control

We thank the member very much for the kind words. It has been a pleasure being of service to her thus far and we hope to be of service as long as the members needs us.

10/23/2017

The exterminator was punctual and pleasant. They got down to business and where completed with the work in less then an hour.

Description of Work
Pest control

08/25/2017

They were really good. They did a really good job. I was really happy with them. I even had him do some other stuff and he did it. It was a really hard job. He was under there and there were all kinds of stuff. I didn’t have critters or anything, but people who had lived in my house before had put a toilet in there. I paid him to remove that and he did. He did a really good job and now it’s all clean. Tell the one that did that, that it was actually such a good job. It was excellent, "A+" work. He just really helped me so good, he was so good.

Description of Work
They did the crawlspace.

07/03/2017

Very professional artisan work. Great results.

Description of Work
Installed vapor barrier in two houses

06/05/2017

It went pretty well. Originally they gave us a bad estimate, and then increased the price. They were fair, and worked with us when the mistake was made to give us what we needed at a very fair price.

Description of Work
We needed a new vapor barrier for our crawl space.

Category pest control,insulation,basement waterproofing

06/05/2017

Great. Very difficult spot to work on

Description of Work
Replace beam in crawl space

Category pest control,insulation,structural engineer,foundation repair

General Pest/Rodent control, Termite & Moisture control including dehumidifiers, french drains, fungi treatments, sump pumps, adding sand to crawl, vent & access wells, etc. Termite pre-treatments, Certification Letters for real estate sale or refinance. No charge second opinions and free estimates. Fully-staffed office every day to answer inquiries, quote standard prices and explain services.

Lawn mowing, general lawn fertilization & termite bait systems.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available