'58 Foundations

Founded 1958 • With Angi since October 2006

For more than 60 years, ’58 Foundations has provided the highest-quality basement waterproofing, crawlspace encapsulation, radon mitigation, mold removal and foundation repair solutions for homes and commercial properties. We lead with a promise of Trusted Five-Star Service, which means the customer experience is at the center of everything we do. Since 1958, we have been steadfast in keeping this promise and in upholding the values on which '58 Foundations was built: trust, teamwork, integrity, respect and communication. This comes across in all that we do: from the initial call to job completion, our customers are met with a knowledgeable, caring, and professional staff prepared to offer a five-star experience that is unmatched in the home repair industry. ...

A Service Provider's profile image

+13 more images

4.3

basement waterproofing (93)foundation repair (15)well & water pump repair (12)concrete repair (5)drain pipe installation (10)plumbers (10)excavating (5)water damage restoration (4)basement remodeling (3)flooring (3)drywall (3)tile installation (3)

06/19/2018

Elizabeth D.

Freddy was very professional and knowledgeable and explained that the water issues were not the result of foundation issues and explained what he could do if i wanted a dry basement. He did not try to sell me something that i did not need.

Description of Work
A evaluation of water issues in the basement as it related to the foundation.

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

06/05/2017

DANNA F.

Excellent: spotless, top-notch quality work.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement wall.

Work Completed On 06/05/2011

06/03/2017

Robert H.

There were signs of foundation movement on our home – cracks by doors and sticking windows, - but we weren’t sure of the extent. We contacted the JES and BDry who sent inspectors. To our pleasant surprise, each inspector did not believe the damage he saw warranted their services. I want to commend each of them for their professional evaluation and would not hesitate to contact either of them again.

Description of Work
Foundation repair.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/17/2017

04/08/2017

April S.

Chris showed up for our estimate on time. He was very knowledgeable and spent allot of time going over my crawl space and giving me his thoughts on what we needed. He came back the next day with his boss Greg to make sure I didn't have any structural issues that needed addressed. We decided to hire them and 3 weeks later the crew arrived. They were punctual and hard working. There were a total of about 7 guys that came out to work on our project it took a week one day was affected by bad weather. It's only been a day but so far I couldn't be happier. I love knowing that I have a dry crawl space and my family is living in a healthier home. I would hire them again in a minute. I really professional company that has a life time warranty that they stand behind.

Description of Work
We had our crawlspace encapsulated as well as a dehumidifier and turtle door installed in our 1941 home.

Work Completed On 04/08/2017

01/30/2017

David K.

As I recall, it went well. Someone came and explained how the system worked and gave us a price. We set a date. The work was done as planned. I can't recall any significant problems.

Description of Work
We had had intermittent problems of water in our finished basement.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

We are glad you had a great experience. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. The BDry Team

01/17/2017

Luther A.

The team showed up on the day and time specified, and within the three days they told me the work would be done, it was done. While there, a problem arose that they took care of quickly and efficiently. I am extremely satisfied with their performance and the quality of the job.

Description of Work
treat basement for leaks.

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our expertise of our crew members! Please let us know if you need anything in the future. The BDry Team

09/26/2016

David K.

The job was punctually done. I can't remember the details of how long it took, but it seems to have been a reasonable amount of time. We have had heavy rains since, and there has been no seepage. At one point we worried that we never heard the pump go on, but an electrician showed us that the pump was working, just very quiet.

Description of Work
We needed to insure that water did not seep into our finished basement.

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

Thank you for your review. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. The BDry Team

09/19/2016

D D.

I am very pleased with the professionalism of the staff who did the estimate (Sam), the assessment of where the water was coming from (Greg) and then the work (Chris, Brandon, Matt, Matt, Duke, Danny and Ryan. All of them were punctual, courteous, and very good at their tasks. B-Dry foundation repair service definitely deserves a recommendation!

Description of Work
I had water coming in through the foundation in the basement of my house. B-dry technicians jack-hammered inside the walls of 3 rooms and installed their basement system to route water to the sump pumps. They installed waterproofing on the walls to keep moisture out and route any water that did come in to the drain system. They covered all the items in the room, and put plastic on the floor before they started, and cleaned up very well behind themselves to the point you couldn't tell they had been outside.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/19/2016

Thank you for your review. We are glad to have you as a member of the BDry Family. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. The BDry Team

08/12/2016

gerald W.

I had a sump pump system installed in the Spring of 2016. The installation went smoothly and the system was tested and worked fine. A few months later, prior to leaving on a vacation, I tested the system by filling the sump basin with water. Water sensor did not work and pump did not come on. I called B-Dry and they came out and installed a new sensor and switch. Installation now works fine. Very satisfied with the level of service from B-Dry.

Description of Work
This is a review on a service call.

Category concrete repair, excavators, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, mudjacking

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you experienced the problem, but glad our employees were able to fix it. Please let us know if you need anything else. The BDry Team

08/07/2016

Michelle M.

Very disappointing. After trying to get an estimate 3 times and never getting one from the company I gave up.

Description of Work
I had them come out for an estimate for foundation repair. The salesman was great, very nice. He said he needed his construction manager to come out before they could give me an estimate. The construction manager never contacted me or came out. I contacted the salesman again and he apologized for the construction manager not coming out and that he would be sure to have him come out. Well no one ever showed up the second time or called. So I was never able to get an estimate- therefore I couldn't hire them to do the job. (Date is wrong but couldn't delete it once it was there)

Category foundation repair

We are very sorry for your experience. A copy of your review has been sent to the Operations Manager in your area. The BDry Team

05/15/2016

gerald W.

First of all, Roger Roten, the B'Dry sales rep was great. Presented their product and their capabilities well and provided very prompt support after the contract was signed. I did the prep work (taking down drywall, etc.) and he responded to my email questions quickly after any inquiry. They scheduled the job for 5/13/2016 and said they would arrive between 8 and 10 AM. Received a call from their installation lead man at 8 am that day to tell me they were coming from Greensboro, NC and would be their by 10. They arrived at 9:45 and immediately went to work. The team included 3 men with "David" acting as the lead man. In looking at the materials that they were to install, it was obvious that everything was high quality; high gauge steel, impressive sump pump, etc. They finished the job and left around 7 pm that day. They did a good job of cleaning up the site before leaving. One thing that really impressed me was that there was no concrete dust all over every thing from the jackhammers. They put up plastic sheeting throughout the basement and covered all furniture and wall hangings. In addition, they used a large fan with flexible plastic tubing to suck the dust to outside. They were careful in their work and nothing was damaged in the finished basement. When they tested the sump pump, the water came out of the basement at a prodigious rate. I believe one could have put a couple of hoses into the sump hole, run them at full blast and the pump would have easily kept up with the water volume coming from those hoses. Their price was not the lowest, but I think it was a fair price given the quality of the materials, workmanship and the accompanying guarantee.

Description of Work
Dug up 32 linear feet of basement concrete along walls and installed the B'Dry water collection and extraction system including a sump pump with pvc pipe connected to the drainage pipes outside the house. Installed waterproofing materials to a height of 7 foot up the concrete walls.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/13/2016

01/31/2016

George L.

Not sure what happened here. The B-Dry rep came out twice and was fantastic both times, going above and beyond with us (thus why we scored them a D overall instead of an outright F). We decided to do business with them for the leak repair and other work, and the rep said they could do the work and that he would send us a quote in a few days. That never happened. Over the next six weeks we reached out to the company as well as to the rep directly. On week four, we received a text reply that they were sorry for the delay and would call us, but then never did. On the sixth week we simply asked if they were still interested in doing the work, and if not to let us know so we could find someone else. Again, no response, and the leak is still happening...

Description of Work
We contacted B-Dry about a leak in our basement.

Work Completed On 12/18/2015

11/02/2015

STEPHEN L.

Would NOT recommend this company! I got several quotes from 4 different companies, Bdry being the second highest. The salesman explained our options. Basically we were deciding between encapsulation or moisture barrier. We bought the moisture barrier option. The salesman showed us the 15mm plastic that would go up to the walls and up to the pilings which would prevent moisture from rising through our crawlspace and into our subfloor, We scheduled the work, crew arrived on time and finished the work in 2 days. I obtained my own electrician to run the power for the sump pump and dehumidifier, The job forman explained to not mess with the controls of the dehumidifier, as they were set already. I signed the paperword and they left. I had my son go under the house to take photos of the job performed (I'm not in shape to be crawling under houses). The dehumidifier was just running and running, huge gaps between the plastic sheets, the plastic wasn't tacked down. I called the company and was assured the supervisor would call me back in 24-48 hours. I let 4 days go by before calling my salesman and explaining my concerns. They sent a worker who explained they weren't supposed to tack down the plastic, but he'd go take a look. I heard him taping seams and then he came back out and said someone had left the dehunidifier off except the fan, which was was ON instead of AUTO, so not only was it not doing it's job, but it was costing me extra money on my power bill to NOT do it! He assured me all was solved, I signed his service sheet and he left. A week later, I had to have a plumber replace a hose bib, and when he finished, he asked who had done the work and for how much. After I told him, he said I should call them as there was a 3 foot gap between the exterior wall and the end of the plastic, and the only seems that were taped were right inside the entrance. I once again called the 1-800 number and once again was assured I'd be getting a call in 24-48 hours, and once again it didn't happen. I called the salesman again and asked this time they send someone else out to complete the job, as the same worker had been twice (once for the install and again for the call back), who assured me the supervisor would call, as he was sending an email, and copying it the the supervisors boss, Waited 3 days, no call. I then recieved a call from the worker who was obviously very upset asking me if I was trying to say he did bad work, etc...and instead of arguing with him, I asked who had told him to call me. He explained his boss, but refused to give his boss's name. After a period of time realizing the conversation was never going to be productive, I hung up, and called the salesman again. By the way, no one answers their phone when you call, but at least the salesman called me back. He explained that the supervisor "had more pressing problems" and that they'd already given me 2 hours of labor at no charge for a working system, and that they'd never said the plastic seams would overlap by a foot (or even at all) and that they didn't tack them down. He also said that he didn't know they weren't going to put the plastic all the way to the walls when he sold me the job, and admitted that was his fault. He also said that the reason they had the worker call me is that that one worker is "THE ONLY WORKER THEY HAVE TO DO CALLBACKS". The overall impression I've gotten is that they sell you one thing and then do something different, and once they have your money, they don't want to know you. Unprofessional company. I wish I'd spent the extra money and gone with JES. That supervisor has STILL never returned my call! I can't say enough how disappointed and unsatisfied I am with this experience.

Description of Work
INSTALLED WATERPROOFING SYSTEM IN MY CRAWLSPACE.

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 10/30/2015

01/07/2015

Bruce W.

They did an excellent job. They were neat and clean. No other company offers this specific fix. They dug a trench at the foot of the wall inside the home (only a few inches wide) and were able to solve the issues we were having with the water leaking in. I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
They waterproofed the entire perimeter of a house.

Work Completed On 07/13/2011

Thank you taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate the A score! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns.

12/30/2014

Robert R.

They worked well with us to come up with a design plan for the basement and throughout the whole process to make us happy. The price was fair and they did good work. The crew was friendly, nice, and accommodating. The only negative thing was the time that it took to complete the work. It took a little longer than we were promised. The basement looks good.

Description of Work
They waterproofed and refinished the basement.

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 03/12/2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We especially appreciate the kind words about our employees - it's wonderful to hear that they were friendly and accommodating to you. Please feel free to contact us if you ever have any questions.

12/29/2014

Glenn W.

They sent out two crew members and they showed up on time, did what they were supposed to, and cleaned up after themselves. The system has worked well.

Description of Work
I had a leak in my basement and they repaired it and waterproofed it as well.

Work Completed On 07/16/2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate the A score! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

12/29/2014

Judith T.

The crew was excellent and they sent the same crew each day. There was a lot of work and it took them less than a week to perform the service. We've had no trouble since and haven't had to call them back.

Description of Work
They did mold remediation in the crawlspace, did encapsulation, installed a ventilation system, and installed a sump pump.

Category wells, mold removal

Work Completed On 08/13/2012

Thank you for writing us a review. It's great to see you would hire us again! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

09/18/2014

colleen W.

They were very professional, completed the work quickly, and were pleasant as well as informative during the project. There were no further water issues after their work had finished as well.

Description of Work
They waterproofed my crawlspace.

Work Completed On 09/15/2012

Thanks for writing us a review. We're glad our system has worked reliably for you for the last two years. We really appreciate you giving us an A score. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

09/18/2014

Ellen S.

Everything turned out well. They arrived promptly, cleaned up after themselves, and were highly skilled. We really appreciated that they explained what they process entailed and how they would go about correcting the basement's drainage problems. Ultimately, it was a pleasure working with them, and we would definitely recommend their services.

Description of Work
They installed a drainage system in our basement.

Work Completed On 04/15/2014

Thank you for saying you would recommend our services. We appreciate you giving us an A score. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions. Thank you for being a part of the B-Dry family!

Joanna U.

Everything turned out well. They did the work as promised, cleaned up after themselves, and acted courteously.

Description of Work
They waterproofed a house that had a leakage problem.

Work Completed On 06/15/2014

Thank you for writing us a review. We appreciate the A score! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

Thomas G.

Everything went well, and we were happy with the service. The crew arrived on time, cleaned up after itself, and did a good job. It was pricey, but worth the cost. They were not great about following up as I always had to call them. The meter reading the humidity under the house is not very accurate.

Description of Work
They installed a dehumidifying system in our home's crawl space.

Category water damage restoration

Work Completed On 01/15/2011

Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you think B-Dry was worth the cost. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

David K.

The men who did the work were very courteous and efficient. Three months after the installation, however, we learned that the pump had been connected to a an outlet that didn't receive power on a continuous basis. This could have precipitated a flood while we were out of the country, but thankfully it didn't. Additionally, we asked B-Dry Waterproofing if it would be willing to pay for the electrical issue, but it wasn't. We also wish that they had done a better job of finishing the surface of the concrete.

Description of Work
We hired them to install a sump pump and French drains in our basement.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe