Maid to Clean

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2006

3637 Russell Rd.

Alexandria, VA 22305

Since 1996 we have been providing trustworthy, reliable and detailed cleaning services to Arlington and Alexandria VA. We are locally owned and fully licensed and insured. We provide sustainable wages and great benefits to our dedicated and hardworking staff. We have staff with over 15 years of loyal service who have become like family to many of our clients.Whether your cleaning needs are residential or commercial, we offer flexible service options including amazing spring cleanings, weekly service, move-in/move-out, one-time, and as-needed service, for-sale cleaning, and construction clean up. We use eco-friendly products and equipment in order to provide you with a green cleaning that you can feel good about. We work great with pets and most importantly, we love what we do!...

07/26/2018

Carol S.

Wonderfully professional, competent, responsible and thorough cleaning team! I've not had a single complaint or issue since signing on with this service over a year ago. They are exceptionally reliable, and cheerfully work around us as we work from our home. Their crews are always neatly dressed in uniform, and bring all their own equipment and green cleaning solutions. The price is extremely reasonable given the quality, promptness and continuing great service provided.

Description of Work
General monthly housecleaning for the past year

06/25/2018

Dana C.

Having tried several agencies I was delighted by the reliability of Maid to Clean. The team was professional, friendly and efficient and always showed up when they said they would. They were my cleaners for several years but I'm moving out of the area. I did need to give them some specific direction and reminders on occasion, but the manager was always very responsive. The team was 3-4 ladies and usually the same team. They'd take 1.5-2 hours every two weeks to clean my 800 sf 1.5 bath apartment.

Description of Work
biweekly cleaning for 1-bedroom apartment

03/24/2018

Bill D.

After having MTC service our home for over 10 years, it was time to part ways. I had the same team for many years (which I loved!) but things changed along with staff & service. The last team leader was anything but professional. Leading up to the last six months of their service, I noticed my floors were not being mopped. I brought it to her attention several times. The last time was June 11 when I showed her the kitchen floor had not been cleaned. She was indifferent to my complaint as I was actually cleaning my floor & showing her. The final straw was what I saw on my my security camera once she walked outside, throwing a fit, waving her hands and hollering to her other teammates on the street.

Description of Work
Biweekly cleaning

03/06/2018

JANET H.

Great cleaning service, very responsive and I am very Happy with them. Nice group of ladies and very conscientious.

Description of Work
Basic Housecleaning.

02/26/2018

Bill D.

MTC has been cleaning our home for over 10 years. Overall we are very happy with service, the only drawback, sometimes there is the a language barrier. We request the same group each time so that helps.

Description of Work
Biweekly cleaning

02/13/2018

MARCIA K.

Maid To Clean has been cleaning my home for many many years and have done a wonderful job! They are a A+ company and I recommend them to get your home in tip top shape. They are very professional and have been nothing but responsive to any requests I have made over the years! Thanks to Maid To Clean

Description of Work
Monthly House Cleaning

12/23/2017

Sue M.

The team came and did an amazing job. My home was cleaner than it has ever been. They worked faster than the estimated that I was given.

Description of Work
initial deep clean

Category house cleaning

Thank you for your compliment. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to servicing your home. Have a wonderful New Year.

09/25/2017

Jill M.

Great! They have been working for me for 3 months. The house sparkles when they leave.

Description of Work
Bi-weekly house cleaning.

Category blind cleaning, house cleaning, floor cleaning

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate it and will continue to provide a high quality cleaning for you. Melissa

09/11/2017

Asha M.

The price is pretty good. They are very responsive. Yes, I would use them again. It's pretty good. They are very professional and they are on time. They do what they say what they are going to do. They could improve on their quality. Sometimes things are not cleaned like they are supposed to be. She is a very nice lady.

Description of Work
House cleaning.

09/04/2017

Dennis H.

All good! Very courteous staff and a job well done.

Description of Work
Move in cleaning of house.

Category house cleaning

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

07/26/2017

Carol S.

Exceptional service: thorough, professional, always better than expected. The workers are pleasant and very prompt. Great office support, too. The price is very reasonable for the work done.

Description of Work
Housecleaning.

Category house cleaning

Hi [Member Name Removed]. We want to thank you for your review. Customer feedback is valuable to Maid to Clean. The teams so appreciate it as they work really hard and it also helps us to continue to grow. Thanks again for taking the time to provide your review on Angies List!

07/03/2017

Shine T.

As an initial matter, I would explain my situation. I am the owner of a rental property, and I used Maid to Clean for when my renters moved out. Additionally, the cleaning service for the areas that were cleaned was satisfactory. However, I was very unhappy with: (1) the expectations for the service and (2) the customer service I received after the service. I will not be using Maid to Clean in the future. I needed a quick turn around because the previous renters were moving out on 6/30 and the new renters were moving in on 7/1 at noon. Because I knew this, I scheduled my cleaning about two months in advance. I made sure to note that I needed them there first thing in the morning on Saturday 7/1, and I was willing to pay extra for the Saturday service. Additionally, I mentioned that they would need to be done by 12 pm because the new renters were coming. They told me that five (5) maids were coming to work for 3 hours (for a total of 15 maid hours). I told them that I heard of the service from Angie’s list, and that I chose them because they were highly rated, and that I had a coupon through Angie’s list. Then two days before the service I called to confirmed that they would be coming on time. They confirmed that this was correct. One day before the service at 4 pm, they called me to ask me if they could reschedule the service from between 9-1pm. I told them that I could not do this because the new renters would be moving in at 12 pm. I told them that I booked the reservation two months in advance to make sure that I would be first on the list. They said that they would accommodate me. On July 1, the maids came on time at around 7am. However, there were only 2 maids instead of 5. They told me that they had to break the group into 2 groups because they sent the other group to the other house who also had a 7 am schedule. I asked them why they double booked, especially after I booked 2 months in advance. They did not have an answer for me. They did stay an extra hour and a half to clean for a total of 4.5 hours. So I got 9 hours of cleaning service, but I was expecting 15. The house was not in the cleanest condition, but I wouldn’t say that it was heavily dirty. It seemed that the previous renters did not do a great job cleaning before they left, but I would not have said the place was left in complete disrepair. The maids worked hard, and they were able to clean 3 out of the 5 bedrooms, the family room and the kitchen. The areas that they did clean were done satisfactorily. However, they were unable to clean 2 bedrooms because of lack of time. They asked me if I wanted them to stay and clean the 2 extra bedrooms, for an additional charge. I told them no, because I had a budget that was fixed, and also that the new renters were coming in 15 minutes, and I had to let them move in. I ended up deducting $100 for the month’s rent for the new renters because they were unable to clean 2 rooms. The next Monday, I contacted Maid to Clean to see if they would deduct $100 from the bill because I expected 15 maid hours, and only received 9 maid hours. They told me that they normally only send 3 team members (however, that was not what I wrote down in my notes). Additionally, they said that one was out sick and that was why there were only 2 people instead of three (this was not what the maid told me the day of service). They also told me that they were not allowed to give an Angie’s list discount for a Saturday cleaning (which the coupon does not exclude weekends). However, they said that they were being nice, and would deduct the $50 from the invoice. Finally, they said that the 2 person team was willing to stay and clean the extra 15-30 minutes needed to clean the rooms they didn’t get to at no extra cost. This is not what the maids told me. At the end of the day, the cleaning was done professionally. However, the service was not ideal. I felt like they made me feel like it was my fault that they didn’t get to clean all of the rooms. Additionally, I felt like they felt that they were doing me a favor for applying a coupon that had no restrictions on it. In the end, I will not be using this service again.

Description of Work
Move out cleaning

Category house cleaning

We appreciate feedback either positive or negative. First of all, we never send a team of 5 to any home during the week or weekend! That's just way too many people working in a home at once. Our website states this and our email confirmation to you even stated.... "Our rate for a move-in/move-out cleaning on Saturday is $42 per hour, per person. We typically clean in teams of three, making the hourly rate $126". This is from our confirmation emailed on April 26th. You requested a CAPPED cleaning of no more than $378 for the entire cleaning. However, you state above very clearly you were expecting 15 hours of cleaning. So 15 hours of cleaning at $42 per person would have been $630.00!! If this was the case why did you cap the cleaning at $378.00? I am curious if you read your confirmation email that stated the service discussed and scheduled? Regarding 2 team members instead of 3, we can't control when a team member calls in sick. The two other members of our 3 member team, did arrive on time. Condition of home: rented to STUDENTS, left in a VERY dirty condition. The house had 4 bedrooms and many levolor type blinds that were coated with dirt and take a long time to clean. The circumstances surrounding this property are the reason we provide a disclaimer in our confirmation, "this is an estimate...Actual costs may vary based on such factors as square footage, pets, children, quantity of knickknacks, and degree of cleaning required." A cleaning company never knows what they are going to find in a home until they arrive. It took 2 team members 4 1/2 hours to clean the home. When they reached your limit of $378.00 CAPPED time frame/spending limit, they still needed to finish two rooms but you advised them not to finish since you did not want to pay for the additional time. You have tried to find a number or reasons to blame us. If the house had been left in a better condition the team would have been able to clean the entire property in the capped time frame. You want Maid to Clean to provide a steep discount (additional $100 discount!) when the home was left in a poor condition. The blame should be on neither you or Maid to Clean, but the tenants that left it so dirty. This is why tenant are required to pay a deposit or a cleaning fee when signing a lease. Our team members worked hard and cleaned every thing they could in the allotted time frame you were willing to pay for.

05/24/2017

Carol S.

The 3 ladies who cleaned my home just left, and it SPARKLES! It took 3 hours of hard work - full speed the whole time - and it's amazing how beautiful and fresh everything looks! The oven/stove looks like new, all of my inside glass is spotless (mirrors, window interiors, glass topped tables and cabinet glass doors), the bathrooms are perfection, and they even changed my bedsheets. The overall attention to detail is the best I've had from a professional cleaning service. They were extremely careful with my many decorative breakables and treated everything with respect and care. The manager was courteous and professional, and I got exactly the cleaning I wanted at the time I preferred. All communications with the manager were a pleasure, she answered all of my many questions patiently and thoroughly, and her estimate was spot on, so there were no surprises or unexpected add-ons. I highly recommend this service and will certainly use Maid to Clean again!

Description of Work
One time deep clean of a large, fully carpeted 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with a shedding dog in residence, and the cleaning of a very abused and ignored stove/oven.

Category house cleaning

Hello, Thank you so much for the positive review! We are extremely joyful the team provided a great cleaning. It was a pleasure working with you and we hope to hear from you soon! Sincerely, Sandy Maid to Clean

02/01/2017

Craige M.

The woman who answered the phone when I called was very helpful and courteous. She was able to schedule a cleaning crew for me within a few days, despite it being right around Christmas.

Description of Work
We had them clean out a rental house we had lived in.

12/20/2016

James H.

It went very well. The house is always cleaned very thoroughly and they do a great job with all the cat hair from our two cats.

Description of Work
Standard house cleaning, plus refrigerator.

12/17/2016

Cynthia S.

Maid To Clean was a pleasure to deal with from the initial phone call to the very thorough housecleaning 2 days later. They were able to schedule me promptly and were very transparent with their pricing, offering me different options at different price levels. They did the first cleaning today and I am sitting and staring in awe at how clean my house is. They were professional and efficient and have my highest recommendation. I will definitely have them come back on a regular basis.

Description of Work
First time house cleaning.

11/22/2016

joanne A.

They do a really thorough job. Team of 3-4 cleaners were always on time and done in an hour. My home always sparkled when they were done. Sadly, they no longer service my area. But I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
House cleaning

Category blind cleaning, house cleaning, floor cleaning

11/01/2016

Patty S.

The team they sent out were very sweet and kind and they did one heck of a job in a very difficult situation. When I brought my friend back to her home she started crying and told me how overwhelmed she had felt but was so grateful to have her home back. I would highly recommend this company for not only their work ethic but also their compassion and understanding.

Description of Work
I was looking for someone to come clean a proud, elderly neighbors home. She hadn't been well and therefore hadn't been able to clean properly and then to add salt to the wound mice moved in. It was a mess!! I called MAID to CLEAN and they were so responsive and worked with me to find a time and date that would suit my friend.

10/19/2016

Kathleen L.

Our house is cleaned once a month and Maid To Clean is absolutely thorough. They do what you tell them to do and are always cheerful and agreeable.

Description of Work
Vacuum, clean exteriors of cupboards, windows, some dusting, completely clean bathrooms.

10/18/2016

JUDITH W.

Keny and her team are always the best at what they do. Treat my home as they would want their homes cleaned. High level of professionalism and quality of their cleaning is excellent.

Description of Work
Vacuumed, mopped, clean two floors of townhouse, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.

10/16/2016

Brad D.

The cleaners broke a pair of prescription glasses. They did not let me know the day of service and when I found the pair of broken spectacles (valued at over $400.00) I was told that because I did not respond within 24 hours with a complaint, nothing they could do. Very disappointed, I will not recommend nor do business with them again.

Description of Work
whole house cleaning

10/15/2016

Lester L.

The thorough cleaning of the bathrooms was excellent - they asked questions when it came to "how thoroughly" and I appreciated their attention to detail.

Description of Work
Clean bathrooms and several bedrooms - did not do whole house

10/15/2016

Joanne P.

Maid to Clean has been cleaning my home for over ten years, and continues to do an excellent job as the company has grown. The cleaning team is thorough and professional; it's always a pleasure to come home to a clean house. Accidental damage is very rare and always reported and handled fairly. Staff are well trained and trustworthy. The managers are courteous and always on top of things. Great service!

Description of Work
Regular housecleaning every two weeks.

10/14/2016

Katrina A.

The three women who came to help did a phenomenal job! The house was not in great condition and had been collecting dust/dirt for quite a while; they were able to work through a considerable amount of grime in the few hours that they were here. There was a storage room and a bathroom that were, in particular, very dirty and upon checking their work (which they asked me to do about 10 minutes before they were finished with their work) I found that both had been thoroughly cleaned. There were of course small things they could not get to (ex: the previous owners left a stack of wood in the storage room that was difficult to move and clean under neath, but they tidied it up and cleaned as much as they could). They called me about 20 minutes before their agreed upon arrival time to let me know they were on their way, and they were true to their word about when they would start work. At no point did I notice any of them taking a break (although I did sit on the patio most of the time that they were at our house) or going slow with their work. I do not regret hiring them at all, even with the expense; I do wish, as we all do, that it was cheaper to hire them because I would have them back at least once a month to help with the general upkeep of the home.

Description of Work
We had just moved into a home and needed an initial heavy duty cleaning. Absolutely no furniture or boxes had been moved in yet, so the home was empty and easily cleaned by the staff.

10/03/2016

Brian C.

They do a fine job, I never have to have them come back out.

Description of Work
I used Maid to Clean for housecleaning. They usually come once a month for general housecleaning.

PROFESSIONAL CARPET CLEANING PLUS

PROFESSIONAL CARPET CLEANING PLUS is the only company that you can call today and have your carpets cleaned the same day. With over 17 years of service in the DC area, we're one the best carpet and upholstery cleaning company in the market. We're use hot water extraction cleaning. 6 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR CARPET INSTALLATION. COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES.

Fresh House Cleaning

Fresh House Cleaning is a start up business that specializes in cleaning houses efficiently, and with the best results. We give free estimates, no hidden fees, and very fast responses. We prioritize customer satisfaction, and constantly strive to be the best in our work we put out. We have highly trained professional worker's that have 15 years of experience. Our main goal is to try to be the best in the field we are in, and have 100% customer satisfaction.

Ash Maids inc

ASH MAIDS PACKAGE PLAN DEEP CLEANING SYSTEM Ash Maids house cleaning begins your cleaning service by getting your home “detail clean” during the initial cleaning. Your first class is an in-depth clean of your kitchen and bathrooms, rooms in your home, after your initial cleaning we follow our Package Plan 44 item basic deep and healthy cleaning Ash maids serving northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington Dc Monday to Saturday ,weekly ,bi weekly, 3 week monthly or one time cleaning move ins move outs cleaning Ash Maids house cleaning service has 2 hour window to arrive to your home from (8 and 10 /or 10 and 12 /or 12 and 2 or 2 and 4). Ash Maids cleaning service cares about our customers and our employees, and we can prove it.Ash Maids house cleaning ask for feedbackfrom every cleaning via a postage-paid postcard that allows our customers to rate each team member’s job in their home. We use this card to evaluate our cleaning and training efforts. We clean better because we clean more in depth; for instance, we keep your ceiling fans and baseboards free of dust. We also use specifically designed equipment and selected Green supplies.Our staff is committed to customer service and we try to consistently deliver the personalized service that you deserve. We care about what we do. Your feedback only helps to improve your service.Ash Maids Quality Services Quality service begins with quality employees. Ash Maids employees are carefully chosen because they are both hardworking and trustworthy. These conscientious people are trained as cleaning specialist and placed on two or three member cleaning teams. Top quality is maintained using random inspections by management, customer feedback, and employee incentives that promote quality service. Because of these quality control procedures, Ash-Maids is able to guarantee your satisfaction.Security Ash Maids House cleaning respect your home and its contents. In addition to the thorough screening, selecting and training of our employees, security is enhanced by our operational policies and company insurance. Our employees are trained never open drawers, cabinets, closets or closed doors unless instructed to do so. Ash Maids is bonded and insured. Therefore if you want an area to be cleaned, please leve it opened.Satisfaction Guaranteed (If you are not satisfied with any area we will re-clean it. If you call us within 24 Hrs). Our basic healthy cleaning Kitchen: Clean outside ALL appliances. Clean outside, and inside of the microwave. Clean all counter tops. Clean stove (removing, if applicable, all burners and scrub clean) Using applicable cleaning agent (different stove different product) Clean over the stove, and remove any grease build up. Clean, and shine sink. Mop clean floor using “applicable cleaning solution” (not all floors Are the same). Clean, and polish outside of the cabinets. Remove all trash. Remove any cob webs. Wipe kitchen table, and chairs (including baby’s high chair, and/or booster seat. Bathrooms Clean Tub/Shower thoroughly, remove any stains, or mildew. Clean mirrors. Scrub clean sink. Remove all trash. Scrub clean toilet bowl inside, and out including base, and behind. Clean all walls, and remove any mildew build up between tiles. Dust lights over the counter, and sink. Vacuum bathroom carpet(s), and mop floor. Bedrooms: Change beds (if linen left out). Dust all furniture. Dust all picture frames. Remove any cobwebs. Vacuum all carpeted areas. Mop, and polish wooden hardwood floor. Clean all mirrors. Dust, and clean window sills. Dust blinds. Dust ceiling fans (If within reach). Clean all light switches, and door knobs removing finger prints. Other areas (Dining Room, Family Room, Hallways, and Stairs) Dust all picture frames. Dust all furniture. Remove any cobwebs. Dust all shelves. Dust all blinds and window sills. Dust all air vents. Dust all ceiling fans (that are within reach) Vacuum all carpeted areas. Mop, and polish hardwood floors. Clean all light switches to remove finger prints. Dust all light fixtures including chandeliers that is within reach. Wipe all banisters, and rails. Dust all baseboards. Clean sliding glass door.

Offers by Ash Maids inc on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

We offer flexible cleaning service options for homes and businesses including recurring service, move-in/move-out, one-time, as needed, for-sale and construction clean up. We clean all kitchen surfaces, empty trash, vacuum carpets and furniture, mop floors, spot-clean walls, clean interior glass doors and mirrors, scrub and sanitize bathrooms, change bed linens, dust furniture and decorative items, wash window ledges, and clean light fixtures, ceiling fans and blinds.

Dishwashing, laundry and ironing services are not available at this time.