Advantage Movers

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2007

Advantage Movers has six employees and a fleet of three trucks. Ask about our discount for Angie’s List members....

Carmack Moving & Storage

Carmack Moving and Storage, Inc. is an independent, competitively-priced, full-service moving and storage company headquartered in Sterling, Virginia. We have a long and proud history of providing relocation and transportation solutions to clients locally and nationwide. Carmack is known for their innovation, knowledgeable people, high reliability, and excellent customer service. We have a state-of-the-art storage facility to store your treasures safely - short term or long term. Virginia Household Goods Carrier Certificate #665 U.S. DOT #1503939

District Relocators

Here at District Relocators, if it’s not the smoothest move of your life we haven’t done our job right. Established to serve the Metropolitan DC area, our company offers affordably priced packages that get you where you need to go. Great customer service is our number one priority. That’s why we work so hard to ensure our movers are not only courteous and reliable, but also licensed and insured for your peace of mind. Contact us today with any questions and get your move on a whole lot faster.

Pro100movers LLC

Super Service Award Winner Since 2015. Local & long distance, commercial & residential moves! Affordable rates, No hidden charges! Packing & unpacking services! Fully licensed and insured! Excellent references!

Offers by Pro100movers LLC on Angi

12/19/2012

Patricia W.

I used Advantage Movers, recommended by a friend, when I moved to Fairfax in the summer of 2009. I called Steve again for this move. Once again, I was very happy with the professionalism of his team and their careful attention to detail. I would definitely use them again for a future move.

Description of Work
Moving furniture and boxes from condo in Fairfax to condo in Arlington.

11/09/2012

Alex W.

Although this review is specific to the move in September 2012 I have actually used Advantage movers twice over the past 12 months. In general I have had a good experience with them. They arrived on time, Steve (the owner) is a really nice guy, and they moved my family's stuff where it needed to go. They were also very helpful in terms of getting the furniture where we wanted and were very patient with us as we made up our minds. The reason that I am giving Advantage the ratings above is that at the end of the move we realized that a part on our grill had been broken during the course of the move. I contacted Steve and he sent a check to cover replacement of the part. However, the check bounced when I cashed it. Steve has since gotten back in touch with me and is addressing the problem. Update: After promising to mail a cashier's check to cover the balance for the broken item I have not received anything and have not received a response from Advantage to my e-mail asking for an update. I will update this post if things change but I am beginning to give up hope that Advantage will reimburse me for my damaged item. Update: We subsequently received a cashier's check to cover the cost of the broken part.

Description of Work
I have used Advantage movers twice over the past 12 months to move the contents of a 3 bedroom house. They did not pack our stuff other than our large furniture items, TV, and some of our larger framed pictures.

09/22/2012

Maria T.

I emailed Steve through his website, having read good reviews on Angies List. In less than five minutes he called my cell and we set up an appointment for an estimate. He arrived promptly to do the estimate, even offering me some boxes and paper for the packing. He provided a written estimate, and we set a move date. All this was done in a tight time frame and Steve was great about accommodating my schedule. Jason and Delizio arrived on the move day. They were both extremely friendly and polite, and managed to be both very fast and careful. Furniture was wrapped up properly, and they double checked with me any time they had a question. Unloading went swiftly, and they both were very patient in placing all the items where I requested in the house. Final bill came in under the original estimate. Steve called and texted several times to check in throughout the day. Extremely happy with them.

Description of Work
Moving from Middletown, MD to Centre County PA. I had about fifty boxes, as well as a good amount of furniture, including a TV, couch, arm chairs, and weight set / bench press. The movers -- Jason and Delizio - loaded everything onto the truck with care. They also packed two boxes of dishes, and ended up having to dismantle the bench press and the desk in order to get them out. I am still in the process of unpacking but so far I have found nothing damaged. The house I was leaving had no damage to it in the process of moving. I also requested two drop points -- my home and a storage facility. J & D organized the truck so the drop off went quickly and smoothly. The whole process - load, three-hour drive, unload at house and at storage room -- took about nine hours

03/27/2012

Don Hartung and C.

It went extremely well! The movers were well-organized, very careful, hard-working, and super efficient. They handled all our furniture and boxes with care, wrapping everything carefully and moving everything carefully. They were professional and hard-working. We thought they did a GREAT job.

Description of Work
We asked Advantage Movers to move a truck-load of stuff from our house in North Arlington to a local storage facility and to a nearby Goodwill store. The owner, Steve Morgan, stopped by prior to the scheduled date and time to review everything that needed to be moved. He and two employees and the truck arrived promptly as scheduled. The two employees worked very efficiently, quickly, and carefully to load all our stuff into the truck. They unloaded everything at the designated locations. All work was completed in four hours.

12/15/2011

Scott L.

Great job! Very efficient and completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Moving from Silver Spring to Burke

11/28/2011

Alex W.

When getting ready for this move we sought estimates from 4 companies including advantage movers (at the suggestion of our realtor), Gulliver's movers (based on a recommendation from a co-worker), a third company that I can no longer remember, and 2 marine movers based on angie's list. I never heard back from the fourth mover so I only received quotes from 3 of the four companies but they were all within a $150 span with advantage being a little bit lower than the other two (hence why I graded advantage as a B in this category). We hired a four man crew with 1 truck and actually had them pick up some furniture from a second location before coming to our house. This added some time to the move but Steve only charged us for use of a 2 man crew for the first hour and a half which I thought was a fair price since the other two members of the moving crew came directly to our home and did not help with the second location. The move started at around 9:00 am and we were done by 5:00 pm. The team of movers was extremely professional and took great care of our possessions (the only casualty from the move was a box of glasses that broke in transit) and all of our furniture arrives at our new home without blemish. I should add that we have some very heavy pieces of furniture and that the stairs at both houses were substantial challenges in terms of moving the furniture so I consider it to be a minor miracle that nothing was damaged. The moving crew did a great job placing boxes and furniture in the rooms where they belonged at the new location. They also took pains to protect the house from mud from outside (it was raining the day we moved) by laying down protective covers on our hardwood floors, wiping feet before walking on carpets, and spot cleaning where needed. I only have 2 complaints about the move. First, the moving crew did not come equipped with wardrobe boxes so it was touch and go for a while to see if Steve could get them to our house in time for the move (he did). Second, the moving truck did not have GPS and as a result it got lost on the way to our new house. The movers tried to follow us but apparently misunderstood where the new house was located which led them to miss our turn and added about 30 minutes to the move as they tried to navigate their way back. It seems to me this is something that should be avoidable in the world of GPS navigation systems and smartphones. That being said, I expect to be moving again in the next few years and will definitely give Advantage movers the opportunity to provide an estimate on that job as well.

Description of Work
We hired Advantage movers to move 2 level home with an unfinished basement (half full of misc items) from our detached home in Arlington VA to a 3 level townhouse in Fairfax VA. We provided our own moving materials although the movers did provide wardrobe boxes (for a fee) as well as protective wrapping materials for delicate objects.

06/22/2011

David C.

The bottom line: Misrepresented his availability; Was unresponsive. Details follow. My husband and I contacted Steve the week of 5 June, inquiring into his availability to conduct our move, which is to take place on 2 July. Steve responded promptly and said he would be available for that day. He came to our home the next day to give us an estimate, and quoted a very reasonable price for our 1 bedroom move from Arlington to Alexandria. The next day, my husband emailed Steve to confirm that we would like to use his services for our move. We had to conduct most of our business with him over email because his voicemail was always full. After a week passes without hearing anything back from Steve, my husband follows up to confirm that we are good to go. The next day, we finally hear back from Steve, who says (actual quote from our correspondence) and quot; we can still do the 2nd, but the 3rd is a little easier.and quot; We immediately responded to his email, saying that unfortunately we do not have any flexibility on our moving date and are locked into the 2nd, but would like to continue working with him. After 3 days of no response (his voicemail was also still full, despite us telling him that this was the case), my husband again follows up to confirm we are good to go. Only then do we get a response of and quot; We can't accommodate your move on the 2nd,and quot; despite all of his earlier claims of availability. No explanation, no apology was given. It is unclear if, or when, Steve would have contacted us to let us know he could not conduct our move. This left us essentially a week out from our move with no movers lined up, due to Steve's misrepresentations and lack of responsiveness. Fortunately, we were still able to find another service, thanks to Angie's List.

Description of Work
We attempted to line up Advantage Movers to conduct our move of a 1 bedroom apartment from Arlington to Alexandria. We received an in home estimate.

04/19/2011

Paula K.

I really like them. Their pricing is really good. They were very careful with my stuff. The crew that they sent was really friendly. They were the same guys from three years prior when I moved and they remembered me. They were really nice and careful about everything. I would recommend them. I would definitely use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Advantage Movers twice and the last time I moved was in July. They moved a whole home.

03/30/2011

diane K.

An estimate was provided over a month prior to the move date. We chose Advantage Movers at the end of the estimate given the number of recommendations received on our neighborhood listserve. Very impressed from the initial estimate to the end of the move day. Great crew of movers, very professional and careful.

Description of Work
We moved from a 4 level/4 bdrm townhouse to a larger detached home.

01/14/2011

SUZI A.

They were hardworking, honest, did a good job moving us. They could have been a little more forthcoming though.They had an average price.

Description of Work
They moved all of our stuff in two trucks, and they drove my car down.

Advantage Movers

Founded 2005 • With Angi since January 2007

PO Box 16242

Alexandria, VA 22302

Residential packing & moving, local and long distance relocations, storage & internal moving.