A Action Home Services

Founded 1976 • With Angi since October 2006

4.2

At A Action Home Services, we’ve made it our mission to keep our community comfortable! Since 1976, our local family of Alexandria HVAC technicians has provided the entire DMV area with fast and effective heating, cooling, indoor air quality, and water heater services backed by our personal 100% satisfaction guarantee. From installations and replacements to repairs and maintenance, we do whatever it takes to ensure that our neighbors have the reliable equipment they need to keep their homes at the perfect temperature. Plus, with free second opinions, same-day service, and a full supply of parts on-hand, we make it easy to get the solutions you need right away, with no delays. Call today to schedule your appointment – we always offer upfront pricing!...

ARD Eelctric, LLC

We specialize in new work for both residential and commerical electrical service and repair. We offer quality work at competitive rates. As a family-operated business, we work in various locations throughout the DMV area.

SciFiHomes Inc

We are your 1-Stop Source for your Standby Generator Needs! Factory Authorized Cummins Power Generation, Generac and Briggs & Stratton Dealers for Sales, Installation & Service SciFiHomes, Inc. was founded to provide the Shenandoah Valley and Surrounding Areas with a Hi-Tech Electrical Contractor that is a 1-stop solution for the Homeowner and Small Business Owner (from Standby Generators to Security Systems to Home Theaters and most everything in between). SciFiHomes is committed to providing the best electrical/electronic products and solutions available, competitive pricing, our signature high-quality and high-performance installation, and unmatched technical support. SciFiHomes's mission is to offer the most comprehensive personal attention to your Personal, Family, and Business electrical/electronic needs or desires.

Kinzie Generators

Bethesda Maryland based Kinzie, Inc., area Cummins Power Generation dealer, has formed a team of highly reputable and qualified experts to provide backup generator power systems to those customers who demand reliability, security and peace of mind that their backup power is in capable hands. Kinzie Inc. has no debt, owns all of its own equipment, trucks, and Bobcats, etc. and has installed and maintains 450 residential and commericial generators. The company is a member in good standing in relevant trade associations and is a practicing member of the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU and the National Homebuilders Association. The company has been awarded Cummins Power Systems Top Dealer Award for two years running. Feel free to contact us at our office line 301-365-4226, or at our 24 hour line 301-469-7800.

10/08/2021

I called A Action to help with a gas leak in my home. They came out before to help with HVAC and seemed trustworthy and helpful. The technician they sent was incompetent, unfriendly, and put myself and my home in danger. The gas company shut off the gas to my house and put a lock on the meter outside. The technician had no idea how to detect the leak and insisted that the gas had to be on to do it...

Description of Work
Gas Leak Repair

Category electrician,plumbing,gas leak repair

08/03/2019

This was an especially great job from a company that continues to provide us excellent service whether electrical, plumbing, heating or a/c. From the initial assessment of the issue on 23 July, after Washington Gas turned off the service after we smelled gas, to the repair on the 24th Paul was prompt, courteous, professional, and a great person. He was excellent at explaining to us what happened a...

Description of Work
Gas Line Repair

Category electrician,gas leak repair

05/04/2017

The work they did is perfectly fine. My problems are all with the pricing and service. 1) Looking around online, the prices they charge for their thermostats are outrageous, well over a 100% markup. (The very highest price I could find was $170, they wanted $440 for it, plus the $150 for installation.) 2) The technician couldn't be bothered to read the manual to finish basic setup on my thermostat...

Description of Work
Needed new thermostat installed and regular air conditioner maintenance.

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], First I would like to offer my apologies for the manor our technician acted. It is completely unacceptable that he would not honor our $25 coupon and that he would attempt to add a $45 return trip fee that was not quoted in the earlier visit. It should also go without saying that, as the technician hired to install your thermostat, there is no excuse for him not to...

10/28/2016

The gentleman was very professional, his work was very clean. He completed the job in a great timing. He also explained what was wrong and what he is doing to fix it. Highly recommended! Very good work.

Description of Work
Installed sink in my bathroom and fixed my kitchen under the sink leak.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

11/17/2014

Wonderful! We have been using this provider for several years. They come twice a year to service our air conditioning and our furnace. $200 of the cost paid in September is the cost of the contract for year, not the cost of just coming out the one time. We have had both a furnace and air conditioner installed by A Action. Their service is excellent, they are always on time and professional.

Description of Work
Service furnace, install humidifier pad.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

05/10/2013

They said they would send someone out the same day, and I even called back and they could track the driver on his GPS and said he was down the street. The tech spent more time explaining to me how to care for my furnance and save money over time than he did actually working on my furnace, but that's ok by me. After the tech left, I realized the previous owners of the house had a pre-paid maintenance plan, and I called the company back. They agreed to cancel my check and charge me for the reduced amount under the pre-paid plan. I'm definitely calling them for my spring AC service!

Description of Work
I called A Action electric when our heater wasn't working correctly. (It was blasting hot for awhile, and then very cold, off and on) They cleaned off the heat sensors, and did a general inspection of everything else.

Category heating & cooling contractor

12/03/2012

He was professional, did good work, and was thorough. He gave me a lot of confidence. However, I was charged almost $2100 to run three circuits. I got some other estimates after the job was done and those estimates indicate that the price was just way too high. A particular company that I got estimate from would've charged me less than half that amount to run a new circuit. He was also charging for every little thing he had to do. I wanted him to run a new line from the power source but he said he would charge me more to do that. Instead, he wanted to put a junction box in the middle of the wall and I agreed to that. The other guys I talked to said that it would've just been part of the deal and they would've just run a new line that there wouldn't be a junction box. I felt like I got nickel and dime by this guy.

Description of Work
I have used A ACTION ELECTRIC. He ran three new circuits, which were really close. He also installed two GFI outlets and one new light switch for our garbage disposal.

11/19/2012

They were pretty fast and came out right away. I feel like it was a little bit expensive.

Description of Work
I used Galaxy Electric to replace my fuse box and put in a heavy up/circuit breaker box.

07/29/2012

Do NOT use Mr. Sparky!!! We called "Galaxy Electical" because we had used them previously to install lighting and outlets when part of our basement was refinished. They provided a good service then so we thought it would be the same a second time around. It turns out the Mr. Sparky had purchased Galaxy and was now providing services. The technician showed up at the house right on time and it all went downhill from there. I walked him around the house showing the tasks we wanted accomplished: replace a lighting fixture on the ceiling in one bedroom, look at the ceiling fan to see if it needed to be replaced, put new lighting fixtures outside of the front and side doors, and replace a flood light fixture at the apex of the roof. Firs thing the technician did was go down to the electrical panel to inspect it. He started with a visual examination and noted there was some oxidation and rust insided of the panel. He shut off the power and pulled out a double breaker and stated that it showed evidence of oxidation/rust. Then he pointed out that the wiring and the bus bars that had been used when the panel was replaced 11 years ago were aluminum which was a low grade of wiring and could easily overheat. Mr. Sparky's technician said we really should replace and rewire the whole panel. That was scary news as he made it sound as if there were some pretty unsafe conditions in that panel. He then went through and put together an estimate of all of the tasks we had showed him using a pre-existing pricing list. The whole bill for work came in at over $4,000.00. Thankfully, the technician recommended that he come back the next day with a second technician so they could get all of the work done in a single day. However, I placed a 10% downpayment on the bill to guarantee the order and that came to about $450.00. After Mr. Sparky left, I went to my computer and started investigating Mr. Sparky. I found it was a franchise with a couple of offices in Northern Virginia. I read some reviews, some of which sounded suspiciously like my situation where they had come in and pointed out safety issued that required big bucks to "fix". We also got feedback from other forums on the net which made it sound as if Mr. Sparky's pricing was too high. After thinking about all of this information, I decided to cancel the order. I ended up cancelling that day, later in the afternoon. I never heard another word from Mr. Sparky once I made it clear I wanted to cancel my order and not just postpone the work. I cannot speak for their work as we did not have any performed at our home. However, the whole experience was absolutely horrible which left a very, very bad taste in my mouth. I would not trust them to perform work in our home and I certainly can not and will not ever recommend them to any other person.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for electrical services at our home: replace ceiling fan, replace lighting fixture in bedroom, examine attic fan, replace lighting fixtures outside of front and side doors, replace flood light fixture at the apex of the roof on the side of the house, examined electirical power panel.

12/27/2011

I would not use them again because they cancelled appointments (twice)! The work was average, but I would use another company if I need work done again.

Description of Work
The company cancelled on me twice prior to the service being finished. I had work done in the basement which I felt was overpriced and after they were finished my doorbell stopped working. I explained to them the did not wire something right. At first they tried to sell me a new doorbell because they said it was old. It was obvious it was their fault and they finally fixed the wrong wiring. I would not use the company again not because of the bad wiring rather because they cancelled appointments twice.

Category electrician

The technicians here at A Action Home Services are capable of making repairs on all residential electric, plumbing, heating, & air conditioning systems. All of our employees are drug tested and background checked and are licensed in their respective trades. We strive to always be our clients one stop shop for home repairs all throughout the DMV.

At the current time we are unable to perform certain repairs such as: Mini Split Systems, Duct Cleaning, Appliance Repair, Lamp Repair, and tankless water heaters. We are always looking to expand our services and this list will always change as we build ourselves to better suit you.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check