ESCO Heating, AC, Plumbing & Electric

Founded 1977 • With Angi since June 2006

Boasting 35 years of top-quality service, ESCO Home Services provides service maintenance, repair and installation. We fix air conditioning, plumbing, heating, & electrical malfunctions for residential & small commercial clients along the Wasatch Front. We serve Weber, Davis, Salt Lake, Tooele, Summit and Utah Counites. 24/hr emergency services....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+33 more images

New Boiler, Furnace & AC System Installation

New Boiler, Furnace & AC System Installation

HVAC Companies202084098
Home needed new HVAC system and boiler installed.

4.4

4.4

HVAC Companies (405)plumbers (153)electrician (142)water heaters (29)lighting (24)drain cleaning (22)home energy audit (18)ceiling fan installation (14)home inspection (7)water softeners (6)gas leak repair (1)small appliance repair (2)

05/14/2022

Steven L.

While in the ICU with covid the kitchen faucet went out. We had used ESCO in the past and were even members of their service club which has a monthly fee for discounted checkups and maintenance on AC, heating, plumbing and electrical electrical. Long story short, they replaced it with the same type of faucet which is available at Home depot for $177 or $131.00 on Amazon which is fine but the over all bill was $1200.00. because I was in the hospital ICU with covid and my wife was with me, my Mom was home to write the check. $1000.00 labor? . straight up crooks taking advantage of my Mom who didn't know any better.

Description of Work
Replace old faucet

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 11/30/2021

02/23/2021

Rod H.

The inspection was thorough and the technician (Tom Fairbanks) was very friendly.

Description of Work
Electrical Inspectioin

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for choosing ESCO to help you with your project. We are so glad you were pleased with our service and our technician. Thank you leaving a review, it is much appreciated and any feedback always helps us improve. Please let us know if we can help with any other projects or emergencies. Have a great rest of the day. ESCO Heating, Air conditioning, Plumbing & Electric 801.486.8421

09/23/2020

George W.

Outstanding professionals. Measured, analyzed, and installed HVAC replacement systems tailored to my housing condition. Spent two entire days perfecting their work and fully cleaned up afterwards. Looks and operates great!

Description of Work
HVAC Replacement

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

Review for ESCO Heating, AC, Plumbing & Electric - 3752 W 2270 S, WEST VALLEY CITY, UT - 38894668

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for your review. We are so glad that you liked our work and team members. We appreciate your comments and will pass them on to the manager. Thank you for choosing ESCO. All the best, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric

05/30/2020

Alberto R.

Please DO NOT call ESCO at all !!! Please call Hansen HVAC Heating & Cooling @ (801) 280-8812 and save money It is sad to see people abusing the system to benefit themselves and being dishonest in such a terrible times as many Americans are jobless and sick. I called ESCO here in SLC. Because my AC wasn't working properly. Temp never drop and just kept running non stop. I noticed the ice buildup as you see in the picture. Randy ESCO tech came to check unit he was quickly to say we need a new AC unit as option one or option 2 would be add R22 and check for leaks but might no work, just adding the R22 alone would be about 1K and check for leaks might be around 300 bucks. The service charge was $99 dls for Randy to come say that. Noah came to do a quote for a new unit with a total of 5,880 dls. I was blessed to have contacted my next door neighbor and gave a phone number of a great and HONEST AC guy (Hansen AC) . I called the guy and he did the trouble shooting on the phone with me and led to a new filter change. He didn't charge me anything at all and helped me a ton. I went to local hardware store and bought a 11 dls filter and AC works great.

Description of Work
AC trouble shooting

Work Completed On 05/30/2020

Review for ESCO Heating, AC, Plumbing & Electric - 3752 W 2270 S, WEST VALLEY CITY, UT - 38604364

05/19/2020

Mike M.

They arrived on time, did good work and was willing to explain what they were doing and how things work. Cleaned up afterwards. They were very friendly and I enjoyed talking with them.

Description of Work
Install new furnace and AC unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review. We are glad we were able to help. We will pass on your comments to the appropriate manager. Thank you so much for choosing ESCO. All the best, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Elecric.

01/15/2020

Schuyler B.

Two people were sent to my home, one to do an inspection and one to give me a quote. Both were very professional and clean and respectful of my time. I was impressed.

Description of Work
Furnace inspection and quote

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

12/23/2019

CRAIG M.

Both were accomplished. They aren't the cheapest option, but do good work.

Description of Work
Had a water heater that needed replacement and a leaky shower valve replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review and comments. We do know we are not the least expensive, which is why we can hire skilled, licensed professionals to do the good work that they do. We appreciate a customer understands the value. We will pass on your comments to the appropriate manger as they will be grateful for your review. Thank you so much for choosing ESCO. All the best, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric

10/24/2019

Ann B.

John inspected our furnace, he was very professional and did a very thorough job but encountered an unusual and difficult to diagnose situation. John immediately called an expert with 35 years experience and arranged for him to come to our home the same afternoon. We appreciate John's honesty and how courteous he was. Norman was extremely knowledgeable and was able to diagnose our unique problem which came from improper installation of equipment by the home's builder. Every detail was explained and he had specialized equipment which allowed us to see and understand the problem. Norm is an asset to be sure. Todd - Even though it was after hours, Todd came to our home that same evening. After a careful analysis our home he gave us multiple options to resolve the problem, full explaining every detail. Todd was thoughtful, thorough and very helpful. Together we found a solution for our needs. We appreciated the concern shown by all three of these professionals. A+

Description of Work
New furnace

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our service and technicians. Please let us know if we can help you with any other projects. Have a pleasant afternoon, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical 801.486.8421

10/09/2019

Richard M.

Service Tech (John) was very good. Provided useful information regarding the condition of one of our furnaces which is approaching the end of it's life. Performed both inspections as requested and replaced a condenser on one of the motors. Tested the condenser with me to show it's performance was out of specs. Answered all my questions. All in all, I believe Esco's technician did a fine job.

Description of Work
Two furnace inspections

Work Completed On 10/08/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review and comments. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our technician and his work. Please let us know if we can help with any other projects. Have a nice afternoon. ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical 801.486.8421

08/26/2019

Bj E.

Terrible. Needed a tune up 3 weeks after we had our ducts cleaned. Showed up, said we need to have our ducts cleaned. Then said a bunch of things were broken when in fact they worked fine. System still works fine by the way. Then they continued to charge monthly fees even though we canceled. For eight months, despite calling them eight months in a row telling them to stop charging my credit card. Terrible!!!

Description of Work
Tune up for AC

Work Completed On 04/10/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], thank you for your comments. We are so sorry you had such a terrible experience with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated as we can use it to train our staff and be a better company to our customers. Again, we are so sorry for the experience you had with us. Sincerely, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electrical 801.486.8421

08/03/2019

Jerry M.

Just ok, but the door by the Heater/AC is bad reinstalled and the water from the A/C is real bad.

Description of Work
Install heater and A/C

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that your install did not go smoothly. We called you to see what we can do to fix anything or make it better. We would be more than happy to come out to make any adjustments or fixes necessary to make things right. Please let us know how we can help. All the best, ESCO Customer Service. 801.486.8422

06/11/2019

Janice B.

Very good. Tech was very knowledgeable and explain things to us.

Description of Work
Turn up and year maintenance

Work Completed On 03/11/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for your review and comments. We will pass them on to the technician and his manager. We are so glad you were pleased with our service. Thank you choosing ESCO. Let us know if we can help with any future projects. Have a nice evening, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric 801.486.8422

01/29/2019

Austin S.

Perfect. Responsive, fair price, cleaned things up. They look great

Description of Work
Put can lights in

Work Completed On 01/29/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you liked our service. Please let us know if we can help you with any future projects. Have a wonderful day, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric 801.486.84225

01/14/2019

Ernest H.

They were able to do the work the same day we put in the request...amazing. Very polite. Very clean.

Description of Work
replace electrical panel

Work Completed On 01/03/2019

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad we were able to take care of you right away. Please let us know if we can help you with any further projects. Have a wonderful day, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric 801.486.84225

11/18/2018

Gary T.

Well the tech came out and ran his small snake in the drain 2 or 3 times and couldn’t get the drain opened. He said that he would have the other tech out the one that has the tools to get the drain cleared. But when I ask him about how much the job was going to cost he kinda hemmed and hawed about it and Said it was going to be around 524.00 dollars I immediately said no to that deal. I think the tech took advantage of me being a disabled person and living on a tight budget. To up-sale the call from from 49.95 to 524.00. Very dissatisfied with ESCO I will never call these people out again!!!!!!

Description of Work
I needed my kitchen sink unclogged.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review and feedback. We are so sorry we were unable to help you with your drain issue. We hope you were able to find someone who could help. Please know that it would never be our intent to take advantage of any one, regardless of circumstances. To roll out another truck and possibly big jetting equipment can get costly in a hurry. Again, we are sorry you did not have a good experience with ESCO. We do appreciate the feedback as we can use your comments to help us improve. All the best and Happy Holidays, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric 801.486.8422

11/09/2018

Lorena D.

I year late they came for an inspection and said that Coleman had put out a notice to re-wire the furnace as they had changed the wiring. I have been calling and texting for 6 weeks with being put off. I want a copy of the memo and they can't supply one. I am afraid they wired it wrong the first time and am concerned about the possible damage to the new furnace and AC. Never hire again.

Description of Work
New furnace and ac

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review. I have been informed that all of the wiring issues have been taken care of. We hope your system is running as it should be and that you are keeping comfortable in your home. Please let us know if it is to the contrary and we will be out to help. We did end up going out to hundreds of homes this past year as a result of Coleman'[Member Information Removed] wiring memo, you were not alone in this. Thank you for your patience. Thank you again for your comments. ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric 801.486.8422

09/26/2018

Rob B.

Requested quote, company never got back with me. Please do not follow up with me regarding this review. Rob

Description of Work
None Performed

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

08/17/2018

lorena D.

The company installed my furnace incorrectly then 15 months later said it had to be re-wired. I asked multiple times to see the paperwork from Coleman regarding the re-wiring which they said they could not find nor did they know how to find the paperwork. The technician told me they had a memo from Coleman telling them to re-wire the furnace but it could not be located. I contacted Coleman and they had not knowledge of a memo. I was not informed it was re-wired wrong until a regular service call. Now I am told that the safety switch was disabled and they are refusing to warranty the furnace as they are the only authorized to service it or the warranty is voided. they also said my plumbing needed to be re-done which I did and now I am having problems and was told by a plumber that they did not do it correctly. The company is only interested in selling but no service. When they come for service calls they try to sell another service. I was told my sewer line needed replacing for $17,000.but another company came out and told me it did not and cleaned it out. I have not had problems with the sewer. If you want incompetence and rudeness this is the company to hire.

Description of Work
Re-wiring of furnace

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

08/06/2018

Traci W.

Esco did a great job. I had 1 small issue and they contacted me immediately and went above and beyond what I expected to ensure I was satisfied with their work and customer service. They now have me for a customer for life. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Sink install and sink replummed

Work Completed On 07/30/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed], thank you for your review and comments. We are glad we were able to take care of you and your needs. Thank you for choosing ESCO. Please let us know if we can help you with any further projects. Have a wonderful day, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing, & Electrical 801.486.8421

07/25/2018

Ian C.

Like every company of its kind, they try talking you into paying a monthly retainer and then you supposedly get a discount on future services. One of the techs volunteered the information that the real reason they do that is to just get in your house to sell you a bunch of stuff you probably don't need. Well, I fell for it and probably paid too much. I finally fired them. They never, ever showed up when they said they were going to. They give you a window in which they'll be there. I'm single and have to leave work to be there for them. They never showed up in the window they said they would. I would schedule all my appointments around their window for me. Sometimes they were early, but usually they were three or four hours or a day late. When I called with specific problems, the rudest receptionist in the whole world would patronizingly condescend to write down my order. Major attitude. She's as much of a reason why I can't stand this company is is their horrible punctuality. One of their techs told me he'd see me on X date at X time. Then he didn't show. When I called, I learned their method is to just assign whichever tech is closest to the job. Then final straw was when I needed a standard hose bib replaced. I told them over the phone what I needed and specifically said, "Please make sure they have the piece on their truck so I don't have to schedule another appointment and break away from work." Sure enough, the guy didn't have the part on his truck, and we had to schedule another appointment...for when the guy didn't come on time, etc. They were going to charge me $700 to replace my existing hose bib and to add another one in the wood frame home with an unfinished basement and PEX pipe. Well, I did it myself one Saturday afternoon for under $200, with the price of the $80 PEX crimper included in that, and I didn't have the frustration of dealing with these clowns.

Description of Work
Ongoing HVAC, plumbing and electricity.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you for your feedback and review. We are so sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. Thanks to your comments we have researched the situation and have been able to work with the technician to give our customers a positive experience. We also were able to listen to the phone call with our customer service person and have been doing much more phone and customer service training. Again we are very sorry for your experience and are very grateful for your feedback. Happy Holidays, Sincerely, ESCO Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing & Electric 801.486.8422

07/17/2018

Todd G.

Everything went as planned. Very positive experience.

Description of Work
Installation of water line and faucet insallation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

06/06/2018

Marty O.

Requested to be contacted on their website and never heard from them. They then sent notice to Angie's list that I used them and to review.

Description of Work
Air conditioner service