Larry’s Lawn & Services

Founded 1994 • With Angi since August 2008

329 Goshen St

Salt Lake City, UT 84104

6 employees. Credit Cards . Additional email - larrytito@msn.com. Award winning....

11/08/2019

Patricia M.

fantastic' We are very happy with the work done. The price was fair & The work was done as promised. We will use him again for sure.

Description of Work
large area leaf removal

Category fencing, lawn service, leaf removal

04/07/2018

tracy K.

very well, great work, flexible with adds and subtracts, hard working crew

Description of Work
lawn clean up, fence repair and fence painting, mulching

08/15/2017

Patricia K.

Work performed in professional and timely fashion.

Description of Work
Landscaping, tree work and general clean-up.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

05/24/2017

Brittany L.

Larry set up an appointment but never showed and never call back to explain or pre-schedule the appointment. Very disappointing.

Description of Work
Didn't get quote

Never could find anyone Home

12/02/2016

Nicole B.

He was accurate, fair and professional.

Description of Work
Both my lawnmower and snowblower

11/21/2016

Lisa G.

The crew came and got everything done really quickly. was having a big party and they put me on hold for awhile, but still got everything done Really quickly once they arrived.

Description of Work
spring cleanup, weeding, pulling out dead plants, laid down wood chips, trimmed bushes.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

10/24/2016

Sheri J.

The fence repair and gate both turned out well and look great. We did have some miscommunication about what we wanted for the gate, but Larry came through and got us what we wanted in the end.

Description of Work
We needed repair work done on a section of our fence where teh post had come loose and was falling into the neighbor's yard. We also wanted to install a gate on the other side of the yard.

10/24/2016

Neil S.

We did have to wait a few weeks to get the work done, however we did contact Larry at the peak of lawn / landscaping season. It was worth the wait!! His crews went the extra mile to make our yard and exterior perfect. I would recommend his services to all of my friends and family.

Description of Work
We hired Larry's Lawn Service to replace the irrigation, new sod and a brick walkway.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

10/04/2016

Terry S.

Repair great on fence. Timely and well done. Requested quote twice on another fence and never got a bid.

Description of Work
Fence repair

07/31/2016

Ellen G.

My husband called them at the end of May, left a voicemail, and they never returned his call. We were not sure about what we wanted done, so we left it alone for about two months. My husband tried to contact them again and received a message that the voicemail was full. He then sent an email on 7/26/2016 an received no response. I was just looking at other reviews and saw that they have not had any completed projects since January. If they are no longer in business, they need to be taken off Angie's List.

Description of Work
Wanted a quote for fencing in part of our yard. Also wanted a large tree branch removed that broke off in a storm. Based on the positive reviews, we were planning to ask them to do other landscaping work.

05/09/2016

Jillian L.

I asked for a quote on sod removal, fence installation and concrete repair work. They never returned my call.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping

04/29/2016

Scott R.

I called and was told I would get a call back to come bid our project. Did not receive a call back.

Description of Work
Wanted bid on landscaping project

Category landscaping

04/28/2016

Brent M.

Came promptly and was able to schedule service soon despite the busy season. Work was done well and I'm very pleased with the new setup.

Description of Work
He automated my sprinkling system and updated some valves and sprinkler heads.

10/06/2015

Filip C.

I contacted Larry's Lawn & Services and 3 other businesses to get bids on new automatic sprinkler system installation in our backyard. I decided to hire Larry's Lawn, because Larry offered the best price, but also because he was the most responsive and professional. Larry also offered to help me build a small retaining wall and paver patio, and fix a fence post, but I decided to complete those projects myself. I really liked his bid document, which he provided by email with sample photos, breaking down cost for each project and explaining the steps to be performed. I asked him to provide an estimate for future expansion of the sprinkler system and sod into the second half of the backyard and he provided an estimate for that project too. The project had to be completed in two phases. First, PVC pipes needed to be installed under the area where I would later install the patio and the retaining wall. Then, after the completion of the patio and the retaining wall, the rest of the sprinkler system and sod would be installed. I explained this to Larry and he set up a PVC pipe under the future patio area. Unfortunately, Larry realized, when I was half way done with the patio and retaining wall that the PVC pipe was not the right one and had to be replaced, which resulted in small damage to the patio area and couple more hours for me redoing work that I had already completed. The second time around, Larry's Lawn installed the PVC pipes correctly and I was able to finish the patio and retaining wall. Once I was done with the patio and retaining wall, I called Larry and told him the backyard was ready for phase 2 of the project, the sprinkler system and sod installation. Larry and his crew finished the project in 2 days and they did a great job, showing me how to adjust water pressure and angle for sprinkler heads, and how to winterize the system. It has been two weeks since the completion of the project and the sprinkler system works great and the sod is growing well. Overall, I was very satisfied with the services that Larry's Lawn provided and will hire Larry's Lawn next time, when I am ready to expand the sprinkler system to the second half of backyard and front yard.

Description of Work
Larry's Lawn & Services installed new automatic sprinkler system and sod in backyard (approx 1150 sq ft) and added automatic valve box with faucet to garden area. Larry's Lawn also leveled the area.

Category fencing, irrigation systems

09/28/2015

wil P.

They were on top of it and just the quality of their work, punctuality, responsiveness, the price he did a great job.

Description of Work
We used Larry’s Lawn & Services for some sprinkler work.

08/01/2015

DAVID W.

The tree removal was fine. He damaged my shingles and drywall when the limbs fell on my house. The rain gutter was damaged and it was less then a year old. I want him to fix that as well but he won't return my phone call.

Description of Work
Removed tree and grind the trunk.

Category tree service

07/15/2015

Terri B.

Did not keep appointments and did not call to keep me informed of appointment status.

Description of Work
Set up two appointment with this provider and he did not keep either appointment.

06/06/2015

James R.

Larry Martinez came by for an estimate 2 days after I contacted him. We set a date to start the project. He contacted me the morning his crew came by and they arrived on time. They were professional and courteous. The first day of the project went as planned. I was present during most of the work and any questions or concerns I had were readily answered. 2 days after the posts were installed the crew returned to complete the work. Larry came by as his workers were finishing and was helpful with my end of project questions. I used Larry's company about 4 years ago for a huge backyard project (approx $9K). It involved approx 250 ft of vinyl fence installation, removal of existing fence it replaced, 4 trees removed, some landscaping, as well as post work cleanup. The quality work his company did on that project was the reason I wanted his crew to do my driveway fence job. Larry can be hard to contact at times but keep trying, he's worth it.

Description of Work
Removed old chain link fence along driveway and repositioned the existing 6-foot white vinyl fence that had been bolted to the concrete along side the chain link fence (done by another company several years ago). The vinyl fence had become quite unstable and wobbly since the posts had not been anchored into the ground. After removing the chain link fence, new posts were cemented into the ground and used for the vinyl fence installation. The project was completed 2 days after starting (on time) and done to my satisfaction.

Category fencing, landscaping, tree service

05/20/2015

Justin P.

Larry was awesome. We needed a quote about a month ago and he came out the same day. He told us that he would send us over a written quote within 24 hours and he did. It was itemized and easy to read. At first we were debating installing sprinklers in our front yard, having sod installed and installing a fence. He was amazing at breaking down different options for us and at the end we decided to forgo the fence temporarily, not install front sprinklers and install our own sod. Larry told us up front that he was about 3 weeks out from being able to start the job. We weren't in a rush and agreed on May 8th for the work to begin. I ordered the sod to arrive May 13th with Larry's permission. As it got closer there looked like a possible weather delay. Larry insisted that they would start on time and that we would be able to lay sod on May 13. On May 8th there was a severe storm that hit and Larry's men had to stop after 2 hours of work. My wife and I were very worried about our sod but Larry assured us that the timing was ok. His men came back at 1:00pm on monday worked until 7:30. While on the job we asked Larry to remove 16 feet of a battered fence. He did it for a nominal fee. On May 12th he had more help at our house and they completed the work by 5:00pm. My wife and I were in shock with how well the back yard looked in only 3 days time. Our neighbors have given us great reviews and we love what they did. The sprinklers gave us great coverage, everything was perfectly leveled, and the gravel looks amazing. The only criticism that I had was that during the 3 weeks leading up to the project we didn't hear anything from Larry. However, he did respond to my emails promptly and he did complete the job flawlessly and on time. We would definitely recommend Larry's Lawn and Tree Services because of his exceptional value and attention to detail.

Description of Work
Back and side yard prepared for sod. Sprinklers and stop and waste installed in back and side yard and installed gravel to the front north side of house. We also requested that he remove a portion of an old fence.

Category fencing, irrigation systems, tree service

05/19/2015

Craig V.

Larry seems to get good marks from other customers so I'm sure he is good and priced right. However, if he's too busy, I guess he just tells you what you want to hear. So, if he no-shows you, you might want to keep looking.

Description of Work
Spoke with Larry and he said he would stop by and give me a bid on a backyard sprinkler system. He no-showed. I called again in a week and he said he would stop by. He no-showed.

Category fencing, irrigation systems

apologize we couldn't make contact, yes we are quite busy and sometimes your schedule don't meet with ours to get together. We have stopped by with no contact.

05/16/2015

Teresa E.

Larry's team worked extremely quickly and made my job a priority even in poor weather conditions. The price was extremely competitive/fair for the amount of work done compared to other bids I received, and Larry worked with me to bring the price down a bit as well, by scaling down the plant sizes. The finished product is beautiful and exactly what I asked for.

Description of Work
Complete cleanup of front and back yards, including several tree removals, leveling, and tear out of existing curbing, grass and plants; cedar fence around entire yard including gates; addition of sprinkler system and drip lines in front and back; curbing and xeriscape landscaping in front with water wise plants and rocks; curbing with bark around fence in back and water wise plants; new sod in back; cement patio area in back; rocks along side of fence for "dead zone" by side of house.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, tree service

05/07/2015

Christopher C.

Our yard had gone seriously down hill from the beautiful yard it was from the previous owners because of my wife's hectic work schedule and my disability, so we needed someone who could work with us for more than one occasion. The first job, yesterday.. well; Wow. Just, wow. For as busy as they are the managed to get all of this done in a day! I am beyond impressed with Larry and his crew. Professional, Courteous and Competent. I can not recommend them enough and you need to be a bit patient with scheduling because this is the busy season but this work was beyond awesome. When my wife came home from work the smile on her face said it all. I can not say thank you enough to Larry and his crew. We are definitely going to have them continue the work for us. They have a customer for life. One other important thing, there are a lot of little things that they did that went above and beyond. One of the tree stumps was cut into a small step and two of our smaller garden statues had been placed on that. That was completely awesome and it made my day. It just seems that everything they did had a personal touch. Thank you again Larry for the great work! See you next time! Best Regards from Chris and Jessica

Description of Work
Cleaned up yard, Ivy Removal, Dead Trees, Gutter, Small Pond Clean Up, Weeding, Pine Needles and Numerous other small things

Category fencing, lawn service, tree service

04/28/2015

Justin J.

Larry recommended creating a stronger post support within the retaining wall, we didn't even know that was possible-all Larry's recommendations were invaluable. Larry's crew cleaned up after themselves very well, our fence looks great, and we are very happy with the entire transaction!

Description of Work
Larry and his team installed a cedar fence atop our retaining wall.

04/18/2015

Peg H.

The job went wonderfully throughout. Whatever we asked them to do, they did, usually with no additional cost. They cleaned up each day and hauled away all debris. This was effortless for us. What they said they would do, they did in a very timely fashion. We would recommend Larry's business to anyone. They did a wonderful job! 2 1/2 weeks start to finish.

Description of Work
Removed old wood fencing and installed all new vinyl fencing on 3 sides of our yard. They also removed all the shrubs and trees along the fence-line so that we could replant some new things. They removed 3 very large trees and ground down the stumps as needed. He moved some shrubs to a different area of the yard. He built us a huge new deck with railings out of vinyl and with fiberglass/resin decking. He also removed an old basketball standard that had been cemented into our driveway for years.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, fencing, landscaping, tree service

04/13/2015

Gary J.

Provider (Larry) gave me a prompt bid that seemed reasonable and he appeared to be a nice professional person. When I called him back on two later occasions to schedule the work, however, he never returned my calls and has not done so as of this date...4/13/2015. While I cannot evaluate his actual work I would have to evaluate him as an "F" in terms of follow up.

Description of Work
Provided bid estimate only.

Category concrete driveways