Tri County Sprinklers

Texas: Environment
05/31/2023

9010 Aero St.

San Antonio, TX 78217

Tri-County Sprinklers has been in business in San Antonio since 1998. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time while providing friendly customer service. Tri County will ensure that you are satisfied with a job well done before your project is paid for. We are an exclusive Rain-Bird Select dealer, which means we use the best parts in the business and stand behind our work....

irrigation system (311)lawn & landscaping (17)lawn care (9)

02/27/2021

B M.

They installed a irrigation system at my home in the Estates of Rockwell Ranch about three months ago. I did not receive a copy of the five year warranty after multiple requests. Recently I needed repairs and was told they would not be covered under warranty. I just spent over 600.00 on repairs. This company did not stand behind there work for me.

Description of Work
Irrigation system installed

Category landscaping,irrigation systems

Work Completed On 02/26/2021

We understand that you're frustrated dealing with the unprecedented weather that we all recently endured. It's been nearly 70 YEARS since our area has dealt with over 106 HOURS of below-freezing temps. Many are now having to recover from the damage it caused. I would like to address your concerns that were brought up when you called to express your displeasure to our CSR. You mentioned that our team made the decision to install your backflow device aboveground. Since your property has a septic system, we are REQUIRED by TCEQ to install this type of device (RP Backflow). As a courtesy, we include an R-13 rated insulated pouch…again, as a courtesy. We install them per the manufacture’s recommendations. You mentioned that you had made many attempts to obtain a copy of the warranty for the installation. This was never brought to our attention by the landscaper, nor yourself, until after these recent repairs. Had we been aware, we would’ve happily made the info available to the landscaper and/or yourself. Our company was hired as a subcontractor by your landscape contractor. After the winter storm, your landscaper called us to obtain a quote for the repairs & mentioned that he was aware this repair would not be covered by the warranty. He was given an estimate & told us to schedule the work. We completed the repairs & the invoice was sent to the landscaper, since they directly scheduled the repair. Upon receiving the invoice, the contractor contacted us & informed us to send the invoice to you directly & included your contact info (we didn't have this info previously). Regardless, weather damage (AKA: Acts of God) is not covered by the warranty. We sympathize with everyone going through the frustration & financial burden of dealing with this “once-in-a-lifetime” weather event. We encourage our customers to contact their homeowner's insurance for information on coverable damages. We would've loved the opportunity to have discussed this matter with you, respectfully, before reaching this level of escalation.

12/01/2020

Chris N.

I highly recommend Tri County Sprinklers. Everyone has been very professional and courteous, from the bid, to the installation, to the service. The irrigation system works as it should. Great people and great work.

Description of Work
Irrigation System Installation

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

09/16/2020

Steve R.

They are taking over 3 weeks to give a quote. and over 8 weeks to start work. Way too long and too difficult to try to do business with.

Description of Work
Lawn Sprinkler work

Category

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

We do apologize that we are unusually busy this year. We have received an extremely high request for estimates, installations and repairs this season. We aren't sure what has caused this change; possibly due to having many people working from home and having additional time to evaluate their landscapes at home? However, I wouldn't say that this makes us "difficult to try to do business with". We are trying our very best to keep up and make it a point to let everyone know how our schedule is looking before they call our office to schedule appointments. This information was also provided in my initial response to your request message.

04/11/2020

Elena T.

They were here 4 hrs. I have one acre property with 16 zones and 96 heads

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced over 20 heads, rotors, etc. adjusted many more.

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

03/30/2020

Chuy O.

Everything went well. Workers were courteous and professional. Trenches were back filled and excess dirt was spread where directed. Crew cleaned area before leaving. One special trip was made to do a final adjustment of sprinkler heads, explain system and programming of controller. Excellent work!

Description of Work
New sprinkler system installation

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

Review for Tri County Sprinklers - 9010 Aero St., San Antonio, TX - 38470758

09/16/2019

Edwin S.

Service was well done, exceeded expectations. Our front lawn is oversized due to the road curvature. trenches were consistently deep. Workers were efficient, hard working, but pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
Lawn, tree, and garden irrigation.

Category

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

08/31/2019

John or Linda S.

Outstanding! "Sam" was very professional, efficient, and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Repaired and adjusted sprinklers

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

06/21/2019

John H.

The entire experience with Tri County was great. Workers were timely, polite and cleaned up very well when work was done. Our back yard system hadn’t worked for years and I originally felt that replacing it would be the best option. The owner, when out to give me the estimate, felt he could save the system and that it wasn’t worth replacing. In the end, they only had to fix a wiring problem and replace/move a few heads to get the old system working well. I felt comfortable with the entire experience. Work was just done so only time will tell on how well the system performs but things look good so far. I’d have no problem recommending them for work.

Description of Work
We needed a new sprinkler system installed in our front yard along with repair/replacement of equipment on an inoperative system in our back yard to get it going again.

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

01/23/2019

DANIEL S.

They arrived on time, understood the problem, located the leak, replaced the pipe - a 1.5” crack in the PVC pipe similar to a knife’s incision resulted in a severe leak. The gentlemen removed and replaced the pipe and confirmed after turning the sprinkler main back on no further leak remained, all in less than an hour on a cold January morning.

Description of Work
Locate and fix the source of a severe leak near the sprinkler main.

08/23/2018

Virgest S.

Excellant, Manuel the technician explained issues and causes in detail and was accurate in diagnosis.

Description of Work
troubleshoot sprinkler system

Work Completed On 08/07/2018

06/06/2018

Charles K.

I had an issue with my sprinkler system where I kept getting a fault on the Master Valve. I have used Tri County Sprinklers for over 10 years now and I am glad I called them again. Andrew was the tech that came out to do the work. Master Valve can be a scary one because I have heard nightmares in the neighborhood of cost to replace. I watched Andrew troubleshoot my system and find that it was only a bad solenoid. After replacing the bad solenoid and a couple of test runs I was back to watering my yard again. He also found a couple of things that needed some attention and adjustment. Things that you or I wouldn't look for when the sprinkler system is running. Here is what I can tell you about the last 10 plus years of dealing with Tri County. I have never been overcharged, over sold, or felt scammed. They are always professional and punctual. If they are running late they give you a courtesy call. Scheduling and bill payment is a breeze as well. Their lead time is long, but so is everyone else in the sprinkler business in San Antonio. Do yourself a favor and don't ask the landscaper down the road if he can fix your system, or try to find someone to get there the following day. Tri County Sprinklers has to be busy for a reason right? Thanks again Andrew! Hope you are finding some shade out there in the heat.

Description of Work
Issue with Sprinkler System

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Thanks so much, [Member Name Removed]! Your review brought a smile to my face. I love sharing these reviews with the guys. It really makes them feel appreciated. -- Shelly

05/08/2018

Nick W.

Tri-County was extremely professional, timely, responsive, and overall very easy to work with. They installed a new sprinkler system in front and back yards, then waited until I had new flowers planted in 3 flower beds to return and install the drip irrigation. They were very accommodative of working with me on the timing and made sure that the project turned out great! I even reduced the size of a couple flower beds after the sprinkler system was installed but before the drip irrigation was installed, and they moved the sprinkler heads to make sure the new sod I have to lay will have adequate water coverage. Overall, I highly recommend Tri-County!

Description of Work
Installation of new lawn sprinkler system and drip irrigation

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

02/27/2018

Norm G.

Very well. From my first meeting with Adam through the entire installation, the one day project you couldn't ask for better service. My hats off to Tri-County.

Description of Work
Install drip irrigation system in my front lawn..

Work Completed On 02/22/2018

Review for Tri County Sprinklers - 9010 Aero St., San Antonio, TX - 36872740

10/30/2017

Tracy R.

Went well. Love the new system. Only issue was communication. Wouldn't have had you take as much time off of work if the communication was better. Sam spent a lot of time adjusting the sprinkler heads and explaining how to program the system.

Description of Work
New sprinkler system installed with drip irrigation in flower beds.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

10/13/2017

Larry A.

Nathan (the repair person) was professional, thorough, and courteous. The repairs were performed on time with high quality.

Description of Work
Replaced sprinkler control unit, repaired rain sensor, and generally tuned up my sprinkler system.

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

10/03/2017

Michael J.

Always prompt from the first meeting for estimate to the actual installation. The work was completed in one day. They cleaned up neatly and did minimal damage to the lawn when trenching for the pipes. Very satisfied with their work and professionalism.

Description of Work
Irrigation system for a large backyard.

Work Completed On 09/05/2017

09/30/2017

Peter P.

Excellent! Showed up on time, did all that was in the proposal, listened to my questions and suggestions, accommodated small changes that I requested. Plants are all happy.

Description of Work
Added 3 large stations to existing drip irrigation system, replaced controller.

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

09/26/2017

Donna D.

Javier did an excellent job!! He explained all of the work he was doing and answered all of the my questions. He took the time to verify everything was working before he left. He was very courteous and professional :)

Description of Work
Sprinkler had a leak as well as issues with the controller. The valve and solenoid required replacement. The main system water valve had been manipulated to regulate flow by the landscaper and required adjustment. The controller was tested to assure adequate power to all stations.

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

09/22/2017

Luis C.

Good. Surveyor was precise and professional.

Description of Work
Repair sprinklers after pool was installed.

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

09/20/2017

Matthew B.

He found the problem solenoid fast, replaced it and checked the whole system to be sure it was working within an hour. It was great.

Description of Work
I needed a solenoid identified and replaced so my sprinkler system would run again.

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

08/07/2017

Michael C.

The repairs were fixed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Changed sprinkler heads and repaired leak.

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

08/03/2017

DIANE N.

Very well! Justin came out and checked every section of the sprinkler system and got the water spray working perfectly, My yard shows it and there's not much run off onto the sidewalks. It was a bonus to find out Angie's list customers received a discount!

Description of Work
Check all sprinkler heads. Replace any broken heads. Check sprinkler water distribution.

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

08/01/2017

Mary Y.

The service was thorough and efficiently performed. I have used them before and will use them again.

Description of Work
Complete review and repair of a 10 zone sprinkler system. Involved going through all zones, realigning heads, replacing heads and moving heads to give better coverage. They also replaced one malfunctioning zone controller and located several heads that were buried after some new landscaping was done.