Builder Security Group Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since May 2005

3.9

12702 Cimarron Path

San Antonio, TX 78249

Security and monitoring, wiring, surround sound, home automation, audio/video, central van, intercoms and more....

10/05/2017

cecil E.

Great Job!!!

Description of Work
Had security system put in.

Category home security systems

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your positive response! Too often we only post reviews when something negative happens, I know I have been guilty of that in the past, so I truly appreciate not only your business, but your positive response! Should you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to call us! Sincerely, Ronnie Builder Security Group, Inc. (BSG)

04/22/2015

Shundra B.

No issues with the install initially, later there was an issue with one of the door sensors not making contact and they sent a technician out within a reasonable time to fix.

Description of Work
Installed security system key pad, door sensors, glass break sensors, and motion detector.

10/20/2014

Teresa D.

Initial installation seemed to go very well until the next morning. I set the alarm for away while running kids up to school. My ceiling fan set off the motion detector and the police showed up minutes after I returned home. I called BSG about the motion detector and they sent a service tech that afternoon. The problem appeared to be solved until I set the alarm away again. I called BSG again and they sent a service tech to address the problem. That tech replaced the motion detector and the problem appeared solved. But it malfunctioned again. This time we decided to just deactivate the motion detector since there was a glass break detector next to it. I have had no issues since then. They were always very responsive to my issues I just wish there had not been so many issues with motion detector.

Description of Work
Set up home security system including a motion detector and glass break detector.

04/18/2014

Skip W.

They have the best price around, I had shopped all of them. I would recommend their ease of use and price.

Description of Work
I used Builder Security Group Inc. I have a security system for the house from them.

03/31/2014

Kevin L.

They do quality work...no big complaint. they are less expensive than geek squad at Best Buy...that's for sure!

Description of Work
Had them install a sound system, speakers and hang tv's throughout the house. They worked with the builder when the homes were built.

Category home theater design

08/04/2013

James W.

We purchased newly constructed home and planned on moving our existing alarm company over. At the recommendation of our builder we gave BSG a shot. They beat our prior company hands down. I met them at their office and after discussing with the salesman I was ready to sign on. The installation went great, the tech was in and out very quickly and explained all he was doing throughout. We have had them for a year now and have no complaints. We have called a few times for various issues and always got a person on the phone and very professional treatment. We have had one technical issue that was actually a problem with the local cell towers and the representatives explained everything and gave us instructions to stop the beeping from the panel. This happened late at night and they even called a technician who called us right back and talked us through everything. I do think the monitoring fees are a little high but BSG is competitive for the industry and they are cheaper than the and quot;bigand quot; companies. I really like the local business and feel valued as a customer.

Description of Work
Installed monitored alarm system

04/23/2013

Candie Y.

They came out promptly to get the security system installed and running so they could start billing us Monthly but we found out after a couple months the system wasn't even reporting correctly. They offered the online service and after weeks of nagging to get someone to get us into the system we find out from the beginning our system was not working... no credit or refunds offered. Now we have received a bill for $125 from the City because they never got a permit for our alarm system and never informed us we needed one. We have not resolved this with them yet. Our home sound system was a joke.. they basically put in the wires with no jacks or connectors of any type. They basically put wires in the walls and a couple speakers in the ceiling and called it installing a surround sound system. When I complained that they hadn't even installed connectors for cable or sound they said that would cost extra.. seriously? Even when I pointed our contract specifically noted Trim-out of the system they said I must have an old contract. Sorry guys but your bound to the contract we signed but still could not get the work done. I would not suggest this company to anyone else for any type of work.

Description of Work
My husband and I contracted them to put in the wiring for the security system and the surround sound for the family room.

Category home theater design, home security systems

As CEO of Builder Security Group (BSG), I always take great pride in our company providing excellent customer service and support. After researching this with my Operations Manager today, we did install a fully 5.1 surround sound speaker package. As far as the wiring that was included from your builder, we wired the home for surround sound and blank plated the outlets. There are many times that customers don't put in speakers for years, and thus builders don't want speaker plates installed, for cosmetic reasons. Basically we work with over 70 builders in the San Antonio / Austin area, and they all have us do the same thing, blank plate the speaker locations. Typically whenever a customer does decide to install speakers, then the plates are pulled off and sheetrock is cut out to install speakers in wall or in ceiling, or if they are doing a stand alone speaker, then the installing company would put a nose plate on, drill a hole for the wire, or even put speaker input plates on. On the security system, we send test signals from the location when we initially set up an alarm system. We did this on your home as well, and the alarm was working when we left your home. If something happened after we left (for example if you changed phone services or even got rid of your home phone line), then we will not know unless you call and tell us that you were changing or that the system did not test properly. Per the contract, and per our recommendations, we always urge customers to test their alarm systems at least once per month to insure the alarm is working properly. Lastly, alarm permits are not paid for or issued to alarm companies. Alarm permits are the sole responsibility of the homeowner to pay for and submit to the local authorities. This is why we have a customer initial next to this statement on the contract so that they know this. I am sorry you had an unpleasant experience with my company, and I hope this clears some or all of your issues up. We wire several thousand homes a year, and have very few upset customers.....something we are very proud of and I think this is due to the fact that we work so hard to please all of our customers. (Which is also helped us in being named #14 in San Antonio Top Workplaces for 2012.) If you have any further questions or concerns, I would like for you to please email me directly at ronnie@bsgtexas.com. I would also like to offer you a $50 credit on your account, so please email me and I will get that taken care of for you after I hear from you. Thanks, Ronnie Evans

11/05/2012

Kelvin N.

Bad mouth other company. Staked a claimed with the builded and did not think I would choose someone else. The deal is with the base model and additional accessories are double the price of competitor. No pamphlets, photos, walk arounds, or props. No warranty talk or guartee. We prewired the house sign contract. No thanks. I when with ASG.

Description of Work
Met to dicuss why wasn't I contacted during the build or prior to closing my home for Security Services. Put it off on the Seller but he had my name to busy to call. Not prepared to meet or present the product service. Low monthly payment but I can only assume it because of lack if service and professsionallism on the representive part. The service did not sell its self like he expected.

Category home security systems

As CEO of Builder Security Group, I always find it upsetting when I read statements from upset customers. Fortunately they are very few. Unfortunately, as you stated, most builders do not allow us or any other contractors to contact their homeowners. While we may have your name on a list, we cannot call because they will not give us phone numbers of the homeowners. I do not push our sales staff to door to door knocking of customers, as I would not do that myself. We do have brochures, website, electronic sales presentations, etc. Not sure who you spoke to, or why you would be told the contrary. We are locally owned and operated, and are here for any customers to walk in at any time! Hope you are happy with your current provider and I wish you and your family the best! Sincerely, Ronnie Evans

10/04/2012

Dorian G.

I talked to sales represenative VJ. VJ was very polite and professional and informed me on all options for a home alarm installation. We set a date to install the system and the installer was very professional and well mannered. The installer informed me of all options and how to use the home alarm system. I would definately use BSG to install a home alarm system again.

Description of Work
BSG installed an alarm system with additional accessories (break glass sensors).

05/14/2012

ANTONIO B.

I have been using them for about 5 years for service. The alarm system was built in with the house when I moved in it. I pay them annually for service. The alarm has been activated a couple of times. The first time they were very responsive and quick to call the other time they never called. I feel the price is good compared to other companies.

Description of Work
I use Builder Security Group for security alarm system service at my home.

05/07/2012

janet S.

We have been using their alarm system for the past 2 years. They have come out repeatedly. They had to come because we had an incident. They had a great deal of difficulty after they had wired it in and trying to get it set up and I guess it is typical when you have new home that things aren't done properly, so the security system needed a lot of work when they first started it. Once we got it established and we got everything taken care of, it worked out fine. They were very good about coming because the security system called the fire department, called the police department all on its own. It was pretty erratic at first but like I said it's typical of a new home until you get everything functioning properly. We haven't had any issues after everything was set up. Like I said in North Dakota we did not need an alarm system, we had no experience. I mean we had neighbors who didn't even have keys for their home there so this is a very different experience for us. This is the only experience we have ever had to need an alarm system.

Description of Work
I have used Builder Security Group Inc for alarm systems. We had a Weekley home built and that was the group that installed the security system and that was the group they recommend so we just went them

Thank you for your kind words! Sincerely, Ronnie Evans President & CEO

02/28/2012

Larry A.

I think the main problem was that my house was originally a model home converted back without re-doing the wiring. BSG has made at least six separate trips (they were late for 4 of 6) and the front door camera and audio source inputs still do not work. In fact, only one service representative even seemed to know any thing about the home theater and networking setup at all. To top it all off, they are now claiming that the and quot;Audio Source Inputsand quot; that are clearly installed on my walls are NOT part of the package and will therefore not be made to work. What a RIPOFF! BEWARE!

Description of Work
Options/Services installed: - Basic Front Door Camera ($690) - Network ONQ 20" Network ($300) - Premium Stereo Trim (8 ceiling speakers in 4 rooms + back porch) ($3,330) - Local Audio Source Inputs ($360) - Security Prewire ($330) - Security Trimout ($340)

Category home theater design, home security systems

As CEO of Builder Security Group, I am always concerned when I hear about an upset customer. We wire thousands of homes per year for over 70 builders in the San Antonio / Austin area, and have very few upset customers. This is directly attributable to us taking great pride in going above and beyond for our homeowners. As mentioned last year in this comment, this was a model home. When converting a home back to a regular home to a model, there are many times that things are ran to the garage area (sales center for lots of models) and when we convert, there are "display items" that get removed, wires that have to be cut during the 'remodeling' of the garage, etc. This is the case with most models, and was no different during this case. I hope that all is better for you now and things are much smoother. Thanks, Ronnie Evans

02/14/2012

Cheryl R.

It was great. They came out. They told us what we wanted. They installed everything. They are continuing to monitor the system. I think they are a little bit expensive.

Description of Work
They put in an alarm system.

11/15/2006

EDWARD V.

WORK NEVER COMPLETED. INSTALLERS NEVER CAME PREPARED. I HAD TO LEAVE WORK TO GO TO BEST BUY AND PURCHASE WALL MOUNT FOR TV. (THIS WAS INCORPORATED IN THE COST. BAG NEW WE HAD A BOSE LIFESTYLE 48 AND ALL THE REWIRING THAT THEY HAD DONE AND ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR WE COULD NOT USE, BECAUSE THE SYSTEM COULD NOT SUPPORT IT, SPEAKERS MOUNTED IN BACK PATIO AND ATRIUM, BUT NOT CONNECTED TO ANY SOURCE. SPEAKERS IN BEDROOM WERE NEVER INSTALLED. THEY LEFT HOLES IN OUR MASTER BEDROOM WALLS BECAUSE THEY POSITIONED THE TV WRONG AND HAD TO MOVE IT OVER. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. WE WERE GETTING UPSET AT THE TURNAROUND TIME. THEY CALLED AND SAID THEY COULD NOT GET THINGS DONE IN THE MANNER THAT WE WANTED, AND THAT THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE OUR CREDIT CARD FOR WHAT THEY HAD DONE SO FAR. I FELT AS THEY MADE THE WRONG RECOMMENDATIONS AND NOW WE HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THE SYSTEM DONE THE CORRECT WAY. HOW FAIR IS THAT?

Description of Work
BSG WAS TO REWIRE THE WHOLE HOUSE FOR AN ALARM. SET UP SOUND IN ATRIUM, BACK PATIO, LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM, MASTER BEDROOM AND ND BEDROOM, ALL ROOMS TO HAVE VOLUME CONTROL, AND ALSO MOUNT LIVING AND MASTER BED WITH PLASMA. TOTAL JOB WAS TO COST MUCH MORE.

05/19/2005

CINDY H.

THE SALES REPRESENTATIVE, RON, SEEMED TO BE A BIT INEXPERIENCED IN THE OVERALL SALES AND MONITORING OF HOME ALARM SYSTEMS. BUT, THE IN HOME SET-UP AND WIRING WAS CONDUCTED BY A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE TECHNICIAN, WHO MADE US FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE WITH OUR DECISION TO USE BUILDER'S SECURITY AS OUR ALARM MONITORING SERVICE.

Description of Work
BUILDER'S SECURITY GROUP PROVIDES INITIAL WIRING AND ONGOING HOME SECURITY MONITORING VIA AN ALARM SYSTEM.

Aegis Security & Surveillance Solutions

LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED IN SAN ANTONIO, WE PROVIDE QUALITY SERVICE AND 24/7 ALARM MONITORING SERVICES. VERY COMPETITIVE PRICING (ONE OF THE BEST IN TOWN), FAST RELIABLE SERVICE. LICENSED AND INSURED TO OPERATE IN TEXAS. FREE ESTIMATES AND SITE SECURITY VULNERABILITY SURVEY. SPECIAL OFFER 5% DISCOUNT ON ANY CCTV (SECURITY CAMERAS SYSTEM)PACKAGE FOR ANGIE'S LIST MEMBERS GENERAL OFFERS MONITORED HOME SECURITY SYSTEMS STARTING AT 14.95/month OUR MONITORING STATION MEETS AND EXCEEDS STATE AND UL REQUIREMENTS. Also give 5% Military Discount.

Reyven Contracting

Reyven is a veteran owned business and serve the home remodeling/new build needs of the Boerne, Fair Oaks Ranch, Bandera, Spring Branch, Canyon Lake, and other communities around San Antonio. Whether it is converting a bath to make it more accessible, updating your kitchen, or you want a brand-new home built, our team of experts are fully equipped with the tools, resources, and experience required to meet your project’s needs. With Reyven you have the option to use our in-house Designers for your plans and selections. We also work with several different vendors to give you a large selection to choose from when making your decisions. Our company is licensed and insured so that you can have peace of mind when it comes to your project. When you hire Reyven to remodel or build new, rest assured you will receive the highest level of customer service possible. Get in touch with a Reyven representative today at 210-463-9008 and discover the advantages of working with our top-rated company.

Security & Fire Contractors

Over 30 years of experience in the Home Security, Cameras, Access Control, Fire Alarm and Home Automation business. A locally owned and operated company here to serve our neighbors. We secure the things that are important to you....Family, Home, Businesses and places of Worship. Security & Fire Contractors has the knowledge and experience to get the job done...timely and professionally. Our team looks forward to meeting and exceeding your expectations. Please contact us for a FREE evaluation of your project needs.

1 Year Standard

Security, media rooms, surround sound, whole house audio, network systems & plasmas.