Terra Turf Landscape

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

6505 W Park Blvd Ste 306-296

Plano, TX 75093

Terra Turf Landscape is committed to providing on time weekly lawn mowing service, every other week lawn care and professional landscape service to Allen, Carrollton, Frisco, Little Elm, McKinney, Plano and The Colony, TX. Since 1994 we have provided thousands of clients with the best lawn mowing service and landscape service. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and earned numerous customer satisfaction awards over the years for our lawn mowing service in Plano TX. Including Angie’s List Super Service Award the past 3 years and counting! From weekly lawn mowing to Christmas light installation service, we can handle all your landscaping service needs!...

03/14/2019

Alan S.

Great! We delayed the sod installation one week due to freezing weather and the weather was drizzly on installation day but everything went well. The crew removed the old weeds/grass, prepped the ground, added topsoil and then placed all of the sod beautifully. They were careful to avoid damaging my sprinkler system and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Sod installation for a new front and side yard.

Category lawn service

Good morning! Thank you for awarding us your business and taking the time to leave your review. I'm glad you are happy with the work provided and we look forward to assisting you with future projects!

07/26/2018

LISA F.

I arrived home near the end of the cleanup and was pleased with the results. The debris was stacked neatly at the curb and the yard looked great.

Description of Work
Yard cleanup - tree and shrub trimming, bed cleanup, vine trimming, and cut/edge lawn.

Category lawn service

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We really appreciate your business!!

06/29/2018

Steven S.

I have used Terra Turf for several years now. Weekly Lawn Service, Shrub Trimming, Leaf Cleanup, etc. Always excellent work. Even though it should be common sense to home owners, Terra Turf emails notification of schedule delays because of bad weather. That is appreciated. Terra Turf gave my shrubs a much needed trimming today. After completing the trim and cleanup, the 2 man crew put back my 8 American Flags where they originally were. That is going above and beyond and greatly appreciated. I have had other contractors move stuff in my yard and house and never offer to put it back. Including coming home from work and seeing stuff in the middle of my driveway. I recommend Terra Turf for your lawn, shrubs, and flower beds.

Description of Work
Weekly Lawn Service, Shrub Trimming, Leaf Cleanup, etc.

Category lawn service

Good morning. Thank you for your review and for your business over the past several years! It has been a pleasure working for you. Please let us know if you need anything additional!

06/09/2018

Kent W.

I had a terrible experience with them, in particular with a guy named Matt. I hired them in October to cut the grass of a rental property I own in Carrollton; they require your credit card info so they can charge it anytime they want to. They cut my yard several times during the fall and then they wanted to cut it during the winter months when the grass was brown and not growing. I told them that was unnecessary as there was no need to cut it during the winter when it did not grow. When I signed up for service, I was told that they would notify me when they were set to start cutting for 2018 as they didn't have the schedule yet on what days they would cut their customer's yards. Also they were to notify me a day or two before they were to cut the grass so I could let my tenant know to unlock the gate to the backyard. On January 6, 2018, I sent the below text to Matt: To TERRA TURF LANDSCAPE Message body Hi Matt, I spoke with my tenant and we feel there is really no need to cut the grass in January or February so if could hold off for the next two months and not cut the grass and I will see how it looks in March. So per the above email I sent, they were to wait until they heard from me regarding cutting the grass in March. Today March 8, I sent them a text that since the grass was brown, I wanted to make sure that they didn't cut it, but to my surprise, Matt replied that they had cut it yesterday. They never informed me that they were going to cut the grass and they were not supposed to. The grass was brown and dormant and did not need cutting. I texted my tenant and he said they did in fact cut it yesterday but it definitely did not need it. I called my credit card company and found that they just charged $34 on my account. I called Matt and he started laughing at me when I told him about this.....as if he had gotten away with ripping me off and he was taunting me about it. He then threatened to sue me for defamation when I told him that I felt he had ripped me off; and he kept laughing & ridiculing me during the conversation. Terra Turf Landscape never sends you a receipt for the work they do, and as I stated, I only found my yard had already been cut when Matt replied to an email I had sent him. So they charged me for a yard cutting in winter when the grass was brown & didn't need cutting...all because they have my credit card information and can charge it whenever they like. One wouldn't have anyway of knowing if they cut your grass until you get your credit card statement and see the charge on your statement. Lots of people just pay their statement without scrutinizing it so I think this is why they never send a receipt or any type of notification after they cut your grass nor do they notify you beforehand when they will cut your grass. I think this is all done on purpose to get away with cutting the grass during the wintertime when it does not need it and hoping the homeowner does catch on to the scam. Matt eventually refunded the charge my to my credit card after I threatened to contact the police and press charges against him for credit card fraud. Would advise anyone needing their grass to be cut to avoid this place as they might try to cheat you like they did me.

Description of Work
They mowed the grass of a rental house I own.

Category lawn service

This is the same review you left several months ago. I'm not sure why Angie's List is allowing their members to re post the same reviews multiple times. Here's our response from the initial review: We are sorry to hear your experience was terrible. We have read your review and would like to address several things you wrote, which were false: 1. You hired Terra Turf to provide your mowing service in the Fall of 2017. A confirmation email with the details regarding day of service (service began October 4th), inclement weather, billing and our Terms of Service were provided to you on September 19th, 2017. We received a receipt that you viewed the email. In addition, you hired us to do a landscape cleanup which was also confirmed by email on September 19th, also providing all of the details and what to anticipate. We received receipt for this as well, showing you received and viewed the email. 2. "they require your credit card info so they can charge it anytime they want to" As mentioned in our confirmation emails in the Terms of Service, The credit/debit card you provided when you placed your order will be charged after your service is provided. Charges will be clearly shown on your credit/debit cards statement and therefore no receipt will be mailed. If you need a description of the charges, please contact us the day after the service is provided and we will be happy to email you a detailed receipt. It clearly states that you will be charged only after your service has been completed. We do not charge our clients cards anytime we want. We are a reputable company, an honest company and it is our goal to meet our clients expectations with a goal to see them return year after year. We are in business because of our clients. **A credit for the one service in March, in question, was refunded to your account today, after you called. A receipt was issued as well as a confirmation of cancellation of your mowing service.** 3. Regarding the mention that we were to reach out to notify you of the 2018 service schedule, and that Terra Turf "never informed me", we sent you an additional email on October 2, 2017 with the following: Prepay Discount / Christmas Lights / Winter Schedule Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for another great year! As we enter the fall/winter months, please read through the information below, to avoid missing out on special offers! .... We have experimented with many different variations of lawn mowing service schedules over the past 15+ years and have found the following lawn care schedules to be the absolute best for the health and appearance of your lawn. October: Continue your current frequency (We will begin lowering the cutting height each visit to get your lawn ready for winter dormancy) November: 1X (The week before Thanksgiving) December: 1X (The week before Christmas) January: 1X (Week of Jan 15th) February: 1X (Week of Feb 12th) March: Start back with you regular mowing frequency (Week of March 5th) Sincerely, Terra Turf Landscape 6505 West Park Blvd Suite 306-296 Plano, TX 75093 Office 972-424-8873 This email clearly provides our frequency for the winter months as well as JAN/FEB and MARCH. We show the email was successfully delivered. Since that email, we sent you 6 additional emails keeping you informed of all things happening as well as discounts and coupons we were offering. 4. When you called Matt today.you called his cell, vs. the office line to address your concerns, you were yelling, (I could hear you, just sitting next to him) and using profanity. When you said, "I'm going to go online and tell everybody about my bad experience", Matt said to be careful of name defamation and he was not laughing at you. In fact, you would barely allow him to respond or speak. You ended the conversation with gross profanities. Terra Turf has been in business 20+ years. This would not have been possible without our clients and their satisfaction. That is evident through the many reviews and awards we have received for many years. While you feel differently, to post false statements is not the [Member Information Removed] to handle it. TTLM, Inc.

05/30/2018

Anthony V.

Mowing and edging was fine. Scheduled to have unwanted vine plants removed from flowerbeds because they were taking over the entire flowerbed. Only weeds were removed and vine was left in place. Billed around $200 for work on top of the regular rate for mow and edge. Called to explain that the primary reason we booked this service was to have vine removed. Service provider argued that we called the vine ivy, and that what was in the flowerbeds was potato vine, so they didn't touch it. Service provider did not feel that it was necessary to contact us to confirm that maybe we actually were referring to potato vine, and instead removed no vine. Let service provider know that we weren't happy with the outcome of the service, and asked if they could remove the vine on the next visit. They said they could for the same fee we paid the first time. We used them for a few more weeks, but this experience ultimately resulted in us finding a different provider. The mow and edge was fine, but they really need to work on their customer service. If your customer is unhappy and they feel like they got almost no value for $200, at least try to work with them on finding a compromise.

Description of Work
Mow and Edge

Category lawn service

Good Morning. Our team looked back at all email correspondence and wanted to make sure we respond with all the details (We have beautiful before and after pictures as well, but unfortunately they can not be uploaded here as Angie's List does not allow) so future clients can see exactly what happened and how we communicated during the process. From: Matt Brady terraturf.com Date: September 1, 2017 at 12:58:09 PM CDT To:(left blank for customer privacy) Cc: Office terraturf.com Subject: Service Provided 08/29 Good afternoon. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the service provided. I wanted to give you some more information on the vine that was left, as well as, the before and after pictures and the confirmation email that was sent. Ultimately, I want you to be happy that you hired us to provide your service. Please let me know how you would like me to proceed. Potato Vine Link: http://www.costafarms.com/plants/sweet-potato-vine This is a screen shot of the confirmation email sent when you ordered the service. It was opened at 6:16 am on the 29th. The purpose of this email is to confirm we have the work scheduled that you requested. Email Status Service Confirmation - CLEAN UP 8/28/2017 Hi Kelcey, Thank you for your order! (Didn't place an order? Just give us a call and well get this straightened out.) It is our goal to exceed your expectations and make you extremely happy that you hired us! Once your service has been provided, please let us know how we did by clicking HERE . SERVICE ADDRESS: [Member Information Removed] Court Carrollton, TX [Member Information Removed] SERVICE DAY: We have added you to our schedule. Our scheduling software has routed you in the most efficient manner. We typically provide request within 7 days of an order, weather permitting. WORK REQUESTED/SCHEDULED: Bed weeding Ivy removal In the front of the house,remove all of the ground cover/ivy and weed the rest of the flower beds. The ivy is too hard to maintain and needs to be removed completely. 10% discount PRICING TERMS OF SERVICE HELPFUL RESOURCES: UPDATE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD INFO Additional Service Available New Plant Care / Watering Tips Mowing Schedule Thanks again for your business! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need anything! Sincerely, Terra Turf Landscape 6505 West Park Blvd Suite 306-296 Plano, TX 75093 Office 972-424-8873 Fax 972-947-3978 Terms of Service As you can see, we made every attempt to rectify the problem and even went a step further to reach out with a link on potato-vine but also provided the original confirmation email that was sent to you, prior to the work being completed. The email shows it was opened and viewed.. The service was provided in August 2017 and you are just now providing a negative review (9 months after the fact). You mentioned, "but they really need to work on their customer service. If your customer is unhappy and they feel like they got almost no value for $200, at least try to work with them on finding a compromise." As you can see from all of the correspondence above, we did just that. Our closing line to the email follow up, stated "let me know how you would like to proceed". We left the ball in your court to let us know how you would like to move forward. Obviously the work you requested was completed for the amount you were charged. We did not remove the vine as you mentioned, so when you requested we come out and do it for free, that is not how we operate. You mentioned being billed $200 on top of your mowing. You received a separate email, confirming the set rate for mowing service, which as you know is a separate service from our cleanup up service. They are different crews, with different equipment. All rates are clearly stated when you set up service. Obviously our goal is to leave satisfied customers. If we were not listening to our customers or try to work them, we would not be in business 20 years later. We have received multiple customer service awards from different companies, but many were in fact from Angie's List directly (Angie's List Super Service Award on multiple occasions). TTLM, Inc.

10/25/2017

Sarah Beth L.

work has been done on time, and looks professional.

Description of Work
hired to mow lawn every other week

Category lawn service

Good morning! Thank you for your business and review. Please let us know when you're ready for us to help with additional projects.

08/01/2017

SARA I.

In mid- May, after a phone call on a Thursday, Matt Brady, the owner, dispatched two men on a Saturday. Things were going well. At the end of the job, there was no invoice. The workers said the invoice would come from Matt. I discussed adding additional sprinklers along the side yard. The men, who did not speak English well, said Matt would call about the cost of adding a soaker, their suggestion for the side yard. Mr. Brady did not call me in the following days. There was no follow-up, no invoice. The next Thursday, I arrived home from work to a front yard with a large hole and mounts of dirt. The same workers had showed up, torn up the front yard, and they were installing a soaker without my permission. I had no idea what the cost would be. I called Mr. Brady and left a message. He returned my phone call at the end of the day, AFTER the work was done. Mr. Brady was rude and accusatory. He said that the crew told him that I wanted the soaker installed. I said there was no agreement. I asked how much all the work would cost. He said he would email the invoice. I still had no idea what the cost would be. I asked for grass to be placed in the front yard to cover the hole left from the digging. After waiting about 2 weeks and calling and leaving messages, about six squares of St. Augustine were placed haphazardly around a front drain. The language barrier with the crew was a huge problem with the men on the job at my home, although they were polite and wanted to do a good job. They were much nicer than their boss. Mr. Brady did not come to my home during the first visit or the second visit. The workers did not set the soaker zone on the new controller to run for more than 10 minutes. It was set to 10 minutes, once a week, like the other zones. Meanwhile, I was emailed the invoice of $1,617.36. I had sticker shock. It would have been more professional to give a bid and seek the permission of the homeowner before digging up the front yard. Two weeks later, I called Mr. Brady. The grass was dying where the soaker had been installed. Matt was very rude on the phone and told me that I was the one who asked for the soaker to be installed. I told him I was relying on his expertise and tried to communicate with his workers, who spoke limited English. They had suggested the soaker, I told him. He reluctantly sent the same men a week and a half later, after I called him several times, leaving messages. Well, we are weeks after the original appointment and we discover that the soaker is working but it needs to run for an hour, not ten minutes, to be effective. Mr. Brady felt I should have known that the soaker must run for at least an hour to be effective. That was my responsibility. Anything he would do would be a favor. He felt he was going above and beyond and my calls were annoying and demanding. For the crew to return, I would incur additional cost. The crew arrives. They suggest installing sprayers instead of the soaker. I call Mr. Brady to find out how much it would cost to install sprayers and remain soaker. Mr. Brady is rude and says he won't authorize his crew to do the work. To my surprise, the crew does the work for free in about 20 minutes. Mr. Brady seems upset that the crew has done the work without his permission. And they said they would do it at no cost. For the first time, Mr. Brady showed up at my home with a hostile attitude toward me. On 7/31/17, I returned from vacation to find my flowers dying and much of the front landscaping in great distress. I worked about 90 minutes to determine that Zone 1 was not working. I reluctantly called Mr. Brady again on a Saturday afternoon. He returned my call at midday Monday. Mr. Brady was very rude. He laid out all kinds of conditions for him to send his crew. He said it would be a week or more and I would have to pay for any work done, unless there was a mistake. I am a television producer/writer, travel extensively for my job. I'm a new widow. My husband died in November of 2016 from cancer. I am doing all the home maintenance management, myself. Mr. Brady is argumentative, speaks rudely on the phone, doesn't obtain permission to do the work in advance. He does not give a bid for the work in advance of the work being done. He says I'm the first and only person who has ever had a problem with his business. I'm now hand-watering my entire front yard, because Zone 1 is not working. Mr. Brady was not concerned about any inconvenience to me. I have no service date for the repair of Zone 1. I paid $1,617.36 on 5-18-17. You would think that price would get better service. I am seeking a better sprinkler service vendor. I'm a long time Angie's List member and have written many glowing reviews. It takes a really awful experience before I will write a review like this one. Additionally, the invoice has no prices, just one final price. So if I wanted to compare his prices, I wouldn't have enough information to do that. This business appears to be a one-person business, which can be very overwhelming and cause customer service problems. Mr. Brady has never answered the phone on the first call.

Description of Work
Install a new controller and fix any sprinkler heads. I have a small front yard, very small backyard, long side yard along the alley.

Category lawn service

Good morning. I appreciate you speaking with me just a few moments ago regarding the situation and agreeing your comments were not entirely justified and that you would delete your review. -Matt

07/14/2017

James C.

Needless to say I was very pleased and proud that I had hired them and I told them so and wrote a letter to their bosses to let them know. I would certainly hire them again and will whenever their services are needed again. I don't usually give out compliments like this, but hey, when they deserve it, you have to let someone know. I'm sure there are several crews for Terra Turf, but if the others are 1/2 as good as he ones I got, you'll be very pleased. Hats off to Terra Turf. Give those boys a raise! I tipped them just in case you don't.. Nice job. I love it when people do honest work! They didn't ask for anything, they were on their way and I had to stop their truck to tell them thanks and give them a little extra. They were extremely appreciative. Don't hesitate to use this service.

Description of Work
I had them rake leaves, clean out flower beds and trim bushes. I have 8 large trees in my yard and 2 others that overhang from a neighbor. I had a total knee and have not been able to take care of my lawn much. These gentlemen were prompt, worked hard, and did a great, I mean great job! Really, the flowerbeds are large and they were on their hands and knees getting the leaves between the bushes and shrubs with their hands rather than a rake or blower. They packaged up over 40 bags of leaves and debris in an hour and a half.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you for taking time to submit your review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with Terra Turf. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to assist with your landscaping needs. We look forward to providing service for you in the near future. TTLM, Inc.

06/15/2017

Rosalind W.

Things did not go will and the owner was very unprofessional when I brought his services and rate to his attention. Do not recommend this company

Description of Work
They only trimmed my hedges and charge me 3 hours of work.

06/14/2017

Rosalind W.

The customer service was horrible especially the owner Matt. I was very surprise.

Description of Work
I went online and did an inquiring about some services they offer; in about 4 hours later; they had sent workers out without my consent and started cutting my hedges. My hedges are very small and they charge me 2 1/2 hours of service in which it would only take a maximum of 15 minutes no joke. I spoke to the owner Matt and he did not have any concerns. I was very surprise. I will not be using or recommending them ever again.

Category lawn service

Good morning. Thank you for leaving your feedback. You mentioned that you "went online and did an inquiring about some services they offer". That's not entirely true. You went on line and placed an order for service to be done at your home. Most of the time, clients are extremely happy when we are able to provide the service the same day of their order. As for the charges, the service you ordered was for bush trimming. Our rate is clearly noted on our website, the order page where you selected the services you wanted us to provide and the terms of service. Ultimately, I'm very sorry you were not happy with the experience. We take pride in provide a great service at a great price. Please feel free to contact us again if you would like to discuss further. -Matt

06/02/2017

Clark A.

The crew arrived later than expected but it was due to weather and catching up with other clients. BUT Matt left a message first thing in the morning to let me know. Much appreciated! Beds were cleaned out, a few crepe myrtles were trimmed back, and more than 20 plants installed in the front bed and a new bed with plants was created in the back yard. They moved existing hostas in the front (the only plants that "survived" from the first attempt) to coordinate with all the other plants installed. And they fixed the lighting. In addition to creating a bed off the patio, they also prepped the entire back length of the yard for additional planting later. Very happy with the work, and with Matt and his crew.

Description of Work
I'd had previous landscape work done, but unfortunately I choose the "wrong guy" that I found on Thumbtack. Within weeks of the work, most of the plants had died and the landscape lighting installed stopped working. After several emails, text messages, phone calls, I concluded I was just not going to hear back. Lesson learned. This year, based on the recommendations from some neighbors, I called Matt at TerraTurf. Keep in mind they typically will only do what I'll call "big" jobs that start at around $3000 and go up from there. But the work that was done was OUTSTANDING.

Category landscaping

Good afternoon. I know you're very busy so I appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. I'm glad you are very pleased with the work we provided. It was a pleasure meeting you and providing your service. I look forward to helping with future projects! -Matt

05/30/2017

Diane F.

Went well. They ask for specifics for what you want done and follow those instructions well.

Description of Work
Leaf and yard cleanup

Category lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the near future. TTLM

05/30/2017

Diane F.

Good. They do what you ask them to do and in an efficient way.

Description of Work
Fall yard cleanup.

Category lawn service

Good morning. thank you for your review. Please let us know if you need anything additional!

04/25/2017

Kevin P.

Matt did a nice design and the install crew (Ramon and 3 others) was great. They moved the work back a few days because they got behind schedule, and then started later than planned the day of the work - but did finish same day.

Description of Work
Initial consult led to $3k worth of work in front and back yards.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

Good morning. Thank you for your review. I appreciate your understanding as we dealt with the weather delays. I look forward to working with you on the additional projects we discussed! -Matt

04/10/2017

Kevin M.

A minor mix-up in choosing the color of the stone but once that was resolved everything was great.

Description of Work
Stone border around front yard flowers & trees.

Category hardscaping

Good morning. Thank you for your review and allowing us the opportunity to make everything right! I agree that the new stone borders really make your home look great! Please let us know if you need anything additional.

04/05/2017

Huel C.

NO show. No estimate. For some reason; won't take my calls. Spend my money somewhere else. Very Unprofessional.

Description of Work
I called Terra Turf for an estimate over a week ago. I describe the work to the young man who came to do the estimate. I have yet to hear from them. I called their number several times and was disconnected or hung up on. What the Duse?? Looking else-ware.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Good morning. I just tried to call you to speak with you personally about the review you left which is completely false and not accurate at all. I came out and met with you on March 30th at 12:00p. I stayed at your home for close to [Member Information Removed] minutes walking around listening to all your requests, taking notes and pictures of the work you needed done. Because of the scope of work, I asked you to please give me a week or two to prepare your quote. You said that was fine. I'm sorry you had issues trying to contact us by phone. However, we have had no issues with our phone system and receive calls all day long, every day. I would appreciate you replying to my message and letting me know why you left this false review. -Matt

04/04/2017

Brian D.

Went as expected. Owner and crew were all very professional and responsive to my needs and requests. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Dead/Dying Bermuda replaced with new St. Augustine Sod

Category lawn service

We appreciate your review! Thank you for allowing Terra Turf to provide your landscape needs. We look forward to assisting you again in the future. TTLM, Inc. - Stacey

03/24/2017

Mark A.

They provided work on our old house and we have them coming out to work on our new house as well.

Description of Work
They provided landscaping, tree service and lawn maintenance.

Category landscaping, tree service

We appreciate the continued business! Thank you for allowing Terra Turf to provide your landscape needs!!

03/24/2017

steve D.

my issue is they tried to do 2-3 unnecessary mows in the fall and early spring when nothing is growing. I'd send the crew away and call the office and the woman that answers the phone is always belligerent and says that's the way they run their business. Well not at my expense, so I fired them. If they would have handled my issue with some degree of customer service i might have continued.

Description of Work
used these guys for about a year to mow my yard, on the recommendation of a neighbor,

Category lawn service

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. We would like to address your concerns, as we were not given the opportunity when we spoke to you on the phone. Regarding the "2-3 unnecessary mows in the fall and early spring", our schedule is continually the same and is posted for the convenience of our existing and potential clients: http://www.terraturf.com/lawn-mowing-service You may contact the office via phone, email or through our convenient website to request to cancel a service at anytime, prior to your day of service. We are happy to work with our customers and make the experience effortless. Regarding the "woman that answers the phone is always belligerent and say [Member Information Removed] that'[Member Information Removed] the way they run their business", while we are happy to receive constructive criticism, as that helps our company improve, we do not support false accusations. The lady you spoke to stated that we have policies and procedures (such as needing 24 hour notice of cancellation to properly remove service from our route and billing queue) we follow in order to maintain informed crews and satisfied customers. You were unwilling to allow her to finish her statement and maintained an agitated presence from the moment she asked you to re-spell your last name until the moment you said to cancel service. This came after multiple attempts to relay how we operate, so that there was no confusion for future requests. You mentioned sending crews away, however, if you do not contact the office via phone, email or through our website, to cancel a service, we have no way of knowing you do not wish for us to provide the service. The lady you spoke to was simply trying to provide you with as much information as possible, so that you would not have to do this in the future and would have the convenient experience Terra Turf intends for you to enjoy. We have provided a copy of the email we sent, confirming cancellation of your service, the moment your requested it. Our team works efficient, timely and is very sensitive to the needs of the customer. We, in no way, benefit from being "belligerent" as our company has earned the "Angie'[Member Information Removed] List Super Service Award" for several consecutive years, because of our customers being satisfied and returning for more service. We wish you the best. "(Email Status - Service Cancellation) Hi Steve, As you requested, the service at xxxxxxxx has been terminated as of 3/24/2017. I would like to complete what I was attempting to relay when we spoke today, our cleanup crews are separate from our mowing crews. The mowing crews are provided with homes to mow, edge and line trim, each day of the week. Changes to service cannot be made the same day of service. Regarding your request to the crew mowing your property today, to do a cleanup with leaf cleanout, you have convenient options to call us in the office, email or simply submit your order online, anytime at www.terraturf.com. Cleanups are scheduled in order of request. Thank you for the opportunity to provide your service in the past. We wish you the best. Sincerely, Terra Turf Landscape 6505 West Park Blvd Suite 306-296 Plano, TX 75093 Office 972-424-8873 Fax 972-947-3978" Sincerely, TTLM

11/15/2016

jack I.

Their excellent I've use them three times.

Description of Work
I used Terra Turf Landscape for lawn and yard work. They trim the whole yard they trim the trees and the first time they came out they just hauled everything in front for the garbage man to pick up and that is wrong. Because fresco will not do that and they tell you to put in brown sacks so my neighbor did that and he only got his sack retrieved after multiple phone calls so now then Terra Turf charge you to remove the clippings but I have no other choice. They replace my front yard grass beautiful job.

Category landscaping, lawn service

I really appreciate your business and review! Please let us know if you need anything additional!

10/04/2016

DENNIS D.

ON TIME, PROFESSIONAL AND GREAT WORK.

Description of Work
trim bushes & yard cleaned

Category landscaping, leaf removal

Thank you for submitting your review. Please let us know if you need anything additional!

10/02/2016

Eugene A.

The actual trimming of the trees was done well, but all other aspects of the business transaction were terrible and unprofessional. This was not a good business transaction. 1st: I prepaid $110 for 1 hour of landscape/yard work by a 2 man crew. After the work was completed, I was told the 2 man crew needed almost 4 hours to complete the trimming job and therefore I would be billed an additional $260. I can not begin to tell you how unprofessional this sort of UNAUTHORIZED bill increase practice is. If a company sees that a particular job is going to be significantly more than the customer thought, then stop to notify the customer of extra work needed and get authorization to continue work with the increased costs. 2nd: All of the trimmings from hedges and trees were not hauled off. They were not even bundled in a way that could be easily hauled off by city trash services. They randomly piled the trimmings behind my backyard fence. I later had to rent a truck and haul the trimmings of the dump at a total expense to me of $45. 3rd: When the company called to collect extra money, I voiced my displeasure in their unprofessional way of handling my particular situation ( the surprise increase of $260). I was told that they had been in business for 20+ years, that they were not interested in me telling them how they should have professionally handled my transaction, and that I had 2 choices to either pay bill or have a lien placed on my house for non payment. After much back and forth, I just finally said enough is enough and I offered to pay 1/2 of the additional $256 charged. They agreed, I paid the $128 and our business was unsatisfactorily completed. There are too many companies out there telling you how professional they are. Any overnight scam artist can set up a quick company or service and give lip service about how professional they are while ripping you off. I understand that no company is perfect. Many times mistakes, misunderstandings, or major blunders can happen even when a company is diligently trying to provide excellent customer service. So the way that you have to judge a good company is by the way in which that company steps up and professionally handles its customers after these mistakes or misunderstandings occur. After doing business with this company, I learned 2 things about them: a) At least with me, they provide slightly above average landscape services with well below average customer service. b) At least with me, they were more willing to threaten to place a lien on my home than to ensure that I was a happy and retained customer

Description of Work
I had 4 medium sized trees, 2 small sized trees, and 4 small groups of hedges trimmed.

Category lawn service

Thank you for taking time to submit your review and the details of your experience. Our website clearly states our cleanup services are billed by the hour. To your point about letting you know we needed additional time to complete the work you requested...we actually did notify you by phone that we needed more time and would have to come back. You approved the additional visit the following day. The debris is left for the city to haul away free of charge. We do offer removing the landscape debris generated during the cleanup. However, there is a charge for that service. The comment about "I was told that they had been in business for 20+ years, that they were not interested in me telling them how they should have professionally handled my transaction, and that I had 2 choices to either pay bill or have a lien placed on my house for non payment." was after we had been talking about the situation over the phone and the best way to resolve the issue for both parties. I remember it very clearly and thought that you agreed you would be happy to pay half the bill, which is what we both agreed too. The willingness to discount the total charge by 50% was, as you mentioned in your review, was our way of accepting some of the misunderstanding to make sure both parties felt the resolution was handled fairly. As you stated, we realize we too make mistakes and definitely will work with the client to make sure we maintain the reputation that has earned us Angie's List Super Service Award for the past 2 years.

09/20/2016

Nan W.

Went really well once they showed up

Description of Work
Weeding, tree trimming

Category lawn service, tree service

Hello! We really appreciate your business and your review. It was a pleasure working for you!

09/07/2016

Gerry H.

They were on time and did a great job. It was definitely better than buying bags of mulch and spreading it myself. There was a little confusion on the billing which was quickly and professionally resolved.

Description of Work
Delivered and spread mulch in my front yard and around my trees.

Category lawn service

That you for leaving your review! Please let us know when you need us again!

08/28/2016

Pamela B.

They did a great job. They cleaned both beds, which were a complete mess, and were very thorough. It went so well I'm going to have them back for more landscaping.

Description of Work
Flower beds cleaned out

Category lawn service

Good morning....thank you for your review. We look forward to work for you again!