Empire Landscaping

Founded 1996 • With Angi since August 2009

2617 Pin Oak Dr

Plano, TX 75074

Empire Landscaping is an award-winning landscape contractor serving the North Dallas Metro area since 1994. Empire offers a full range of landscape design and installation services to fit your specific project. Empire’s many years of experience, dedication to client confidence and outstanding customer service makes Empire an ideal choice for your next landscaping venture. web: empirelandscaping.org email: empirelandscaping@gmail.com phone: 214.228.0904...

03/30/2016

Melanie M.

A couple of months after the planting, I noticed that the knockouts that had supposedly been removed, were sprouting again. So, I asked them to come out and completely remove the knockouts and also take a look at the new spray roses that had been planted to ensure they weren't sick. They indicated they removed the remainder of the knockouts and that the spray roses weren't sick. Last week, I saw that the knockouts were sprouting again which meant they clearly hadn't removed them, so I reached out again to have them come out. I also indicated that the spray roses that they had planted were clearly sick and needed to be removed and replaced. The response to my email was that it would be difficult for them to remove the knockout roots because they couldn't see the root system. I agree it would have been much easier if they had done it correctly the first time when they cleared out the entire bed. To add insult to injurty, they also indicated that removing and replacing the spray roses would cost me money. I told them that I wouldn't do business with a company that would charge me for their mistake and we parted ways. I don't recommend doing business with them.

Description of Work
Empire Landscaping removed a bed's worth of plants, including some sick knockout roses, and re-planted new ones for me last year, including some spray roses.

Category landscaping

We did a small job for [Member Name Removed] removing plants in her backyard and installing new plants for those beds. I explained to her that 100% removal of the old plants was difficult and we may not be able to get all the roots out. We did come back on a subsequent visit and were willing to do so again to remove the roses completely. The new roses were 100% healthy at time of installation. Unfortunately, these roses contracted a virus at no fault of ours or the customer. We offered to replace these roses at our cost per our plant replacement policy and she refused.

03/19/2016

Michael Y.

They were the best of the three landscaping companies we had used to date so I was disappointed with the sudden dissolution of the relationship. The new company was supposed to set a regular date and honor the old prices but they showed up without warning and tried to charge an additional $5 per mow. Needless to say I won't be continuing with the new service provider after this bait & switch experience.

Description of Work
Empire Landscaping was my regular landscaper for several years but without warning they "sold" about half of their business to another company and they refused to answer further questions following their email blast.

Category landscaping,lawn service

[Member Name Removed] was a client of ours for over 7 years for lawn mowing so this is quite shocking. [Member Name Removed] requested extra work above and beyond mowing all the time and we executed for him. We did stop all lawn mowing service this year and had our clients set up to go with another company we felt was a good fit. We sent out an mail to all of our clients explaining the situation. [Member Name Removed] emailed and asked us if he could speak with the new ompany and we provided him with the contact information to do that. We made no promises on pricing for the new company whatsoever. We didn't bait and switch him at all, we simply stopped mowing services and provided him another company to do this, it is entirely his decision to stay with that company or not.

10/19/2015

Angela N.

Patrick and crew did an excellent job! My front lawn has been dead for many years due to the drought and sod that we tried did not take. Patrick's team put in sod and it's doing beautifully. They also built a new succulent garden in our front, which was surrounded by a chop block walkway which is just lovely. There was a small misunderstanding about the shape of the dry river bed but it still is very nice and serves it's purpose (carry excess water runoff during rain). His team spent a lot of time removing, cleaning/washing my existing rock bed in the back yard (several tons) and installing new barrier fabric & replacing the rock. I would advise his crew that typically the flagstone sits directly on the ground, not on top of loose rock (which could contribute to breakage). They also removed Pampas grass and replaced with a Bird of Paradise shrub. Finally, they cleaned up, trimmed, and mulched my back flower bed.

Description of Work
Cleaned rock garden, laid sod, cleared french drain, removed shrub, planted succulent garden, added dry rock bed, and chop block walkway.

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

05/13/2015

Marta A.

Empire Landscaping's teams do a great job all across the board. I contract for just lawn maintenance but do hire in between for flowerbed maintenance. The lawn care is consistent and Patrick and Matt are very organized. I love getting itemized monthly bills and updates on schedules from them also. I've never had to watch over the guys when they clean the beds if I asked them to be weeded. No one pulls up the bulbs or stomps on the lilies mistakenly. Love them!

Description of Work
Mowing/trimming

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment

05/01/2015

Christina J M.

The landscaper was not in my service area. I was kinda of sad because I have been on a roll with Angie's list. All the services have been super so far!

Description of Work
I purchased this service, but unfortunately, my area (Little Elm, Texas) was not in their service area.

Category landscaping,lawn service

10/09/2014

James W.

Empire's install team was highly professional and diligent. A two-man crew (sometime supplemented with a 3rd team member) worked diligently on the stone boarder for 5 straight days. They dug the border to my specifications, laid in a cement base with metal cross bars and then mortared in the stone. My land sloped rather acutely, and they ensure that the stone was level all the way around. Their attention to detail was phenomenonal. We are delighted with the results.

Description of Work
After matching the rock that was in my house, Empire found the quarry that produced the exact same rock, and transported it my home where they cut the rock to create a landscaping border for my flower beds and trees in the front and back of the house.

Category landscaping,masonry,tree service

08/27/2014

Janice F.

They are great. I cannot think anything bad about them. They put up with various icky things that they find in my lawn which I am grateful for. They show up. They only take about twenty-minutes and it is a double-sided lawn. The price is really spectacular. I still have no complaints.

Description of Work
I have stuck with Empire Landscaping for years. They mowed my lawn yesterday.

Category lawn service

06/08/2014

Amber B.

We had our front yard overhauled with new sod and complete replacement of old flower beds with a new border and plants. Patrick and his team gave us a quote and plan very quickly after coming out to assess our property. However, it did take 6 weeks for them to start our work and the price was higher than most. We selected Empire ultimately due to their great reviews and initial dealings with Patrick. We did end up happy with the quality of the work but wished they would've met with us to make sure our sparkler system adequately covered the work after completed as some of the sod was covering sprinkler heads which we had to remedy ourselves.

Description of Work
Landscaping-sod and flower beds

05/31/2014

Ron N.

To give Patrick, Matt and the crew an "A" rating isn't enough. We are customers who expect the highest quality work and materials and that is exactly what we received. Patrick was willing to work with us to save a few of the existing plants and build his design around them. He was flexible when we wanted to tweak the job and NEVER once said "No." We waited a couple months for their calendar to clear and it was well worth it.......beyond our imaginations! Whenever we have landscaping needs again, we will definitely use Empire Landscaping.

Description of Work
Empire Landscaping cleared most of the existing plants in our front landscaping, installed edging using bricks with mortar and large stones for the beds by the house and around the two front trees, planted the new plants, and put mulch on all the beds including the existing ones in our back yard.

05/27/2014

Eric M.

Work was done on time and as scheduled when you take out the weather delays but nothing you can do about that. They provide good solid work at reasonable prices.

Description of Work
re-grade and re-sod back yard

Trejo Lawn Care

We are a 2 man crew with 15 years of experience in landscape services. Our priorities is customer satisfaction and a beautiful outcome of our services.

Lonestar Seasons

Lonestar Seasons provides all types of general Lawn Maintenance Services. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! You can rely on Lonestar Seasons for prompt and timely service that is catered exactly to your needs and preferences. Give us a call or click for an estimate today!

Earth Kind Services

Organic Lawn Top Dressing & Organic Lawn Fertilization. I started this company to offer an organic, safe lawn application that really gets results. Using our specialized spreaders we spread wonderful rich compost to build your soil in your lawn and landscape. Compost improves the structure and texture of the soil enabling it to better retain nutrients, moisture, and air for the stronger, healthier plants. This organic matter feeds the soil microbes that are vital for good diverse soil environment. Compost helps to control diseases and insects that might otherwise overrun a more sterile soil lacking natural checks against their spread. Compost can save lots of money too - reducing costs of replacing sod and plants, use less water, reduce cost of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers. Results may vary due to turf and soil conditions. Most people see their turf thicken & bare spots fill in. It usually take a few weeks to begin to see results. Gradually compaction lessens and the soil may even feel softer. Watering needs should go down 30%. When we seed at the same time as top dressing we usually have a good stand of grass in 3 weeks. See our videos on Youtube as well. Website: https://www.earthkindservices.com

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover

Lawn Maintenance, New Plant Landscaping, Landscape Design, Landscape Installation, Stone & Mortar Borders, Concrete Curbing, Stamped Concrete Patios, Drainage, Sod Installation and much more...