Western Standard Tile LLC

Founded 1979 • With Angi since May 2010

Western Standard Tile LLC Family owned & owner operated, Milton Sellman has been in the shower remodeling & repair business in the Greater Houston area for over 35 years with extensive experience. His son (Lee) 3rd generation installer / remodeler continues to carry on his legacy, So if you have a need for a doorway size change needing to be done, or for the doorway to be removed completely, add a closet, change in countertops, backsplashes, R&R a toilet or just looking to change things up in your bathroom area give us a call. We go above & beyond the rest with stunning showroom results, so give us a call and let's get things done right! website - Westernstandardtile.com Additional email - lees4ya@gmail.com...

A Service Provider's profile image

+33 more images

tile installation (40)home remodeling (20)plumbers (15)glass repair (10)flooring (8)bathtub refinishing (7)marble & granite (3)

08/27/2022

Alex V.

Remodel went very well Lee finished it in less time than estimated. Showed up on time and worked late if needed to accomplish the days goals. Was very professional and listened to what we wanted and helped us pick out everything from tile to cabinets. His communication was stellar and would definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/22/2022

Review for Western Standard Tile LLC - 4510 Aztec St, Pasadena, TX - 39851426

07/30/2022

Tiffany H.

AMAZING!!! Absolute perfection. Great company- always on time and flawless work! Would use again for bathroom renovation and and flooring!

Description of Work
Flooring installation

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 07/30/2022

01/17/2022

Alice P.

They were amazing! It was so easy, the job was performed perfectly, and their communications regarding the ongoing process was spot on.

Description of Work
Tile install in kitchen, laundry room, and half bathroom

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

Review for Western Standard Tile LLC - 4510 Aztec St, Pasadena, TX - 39599632

10/25/2021

Jackie A.

Lee and his installer did a wonderful job, removed old tile and installed the new tile in one day, cleaned up everything when finished and answered all of our questions. I highly recommend them for your tile needs!

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

11/23/2019

Matthew C.

Great service, timely, quality service!

Description of Work
Shower tile changes

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

08/03/2019

Lisa P.

Milton arrived early to appointment which was great!!! Checked issue and offered best solution at actually lower cost than expected. Completed work in about 45 minutes and extremely satisfied and impressed. Also provided suggestions and guidance on this issue and several other questions I had on other projects..

Description of Work
Bathtub surround had seperated

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

01/02/2019

dustin V.

Amazing communication between the crew and myself. Outstanding quality of work, I can't express how happy I am that I used them They showed up on time every day and cleaned up the work area before leaving. The communication from the crew was also very good. They asked every time before making any deviations from our original discussion. They didn't ask for any money up front. I will definitely be using their services again.

Description of Work
Shower repair

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, plumbing

Work Completed On 12/10/2018

Review for Western Standard Tile LLC - 4510 Aztec St, Pasadena, TX - 37635386

07/04/2018

Kathy K.

Kitchen backsplash recaulked. Cleaned bathtub and shower grout and recaulked where needed

Description of Work
Cleaned grout and tile in tub and shower and recaulked.

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

09/27/2017

Kathleen A. B.

Installed new master shower, sinks, countertop, tile and fixtures. Installed new kitchen sink, and replaced fixtures in the rest of the house. alerted us to some plumbing problems we were unaware of in course of performing other work and quoted very reasonable price for all work. Very honest and hardworking folks - would use them for any future work in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Remodelled bathroom shower, replaced fixtures throughout the house

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, glass repair, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

08/15/2017

Laura I.

Milton was very responsive, specifically via text, which was perfect for me. He also was very timely and easy to schedule. He had to come out to see what the issue was and provide a quote, and determined that replacing the shower glass was required in addition to the grout repair that I originally requested. After my landlord approved (we got one competing quote) it was easy to schedule and we were able to fit it in about a week after I asked. Once he was doing the work there was a bit of a scare because he determined that there was an issue with how the original shower floor was installed which would require additional time and money to repair. However, he was honest with us about the risk and the landlord decided not to move forward with that. We appreciated how Milton was communicative, honest, and upfront at every stage. Overall it was a quick repair and the shower looks great. The landlord may have to deal with the shower floor in the future but at least he knows about it now.

Description of Work
Grout repair, shower glass replacement

Category ceramic tile, glass repair

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

05/15/2017

Cynthia B.

Most amazing experience with a contractor I have ever had. Responded to my initial inquiry very quickly, arrived EARLY to figure out an estimate and received an estimate in a very timely manner. VERY professional. Started and finished the job as promised and would HIGHLY recommend A-1 Shower for any bathroom work anyone needs!!!

Description of Work
TOTAL remodel of one bathroom and floor repair due to leaking shower pan in master bath.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

05/03/2017

David P.

Quickly, efficiently, and the result was exactly as we had described.

Description of Work
Created walk-in shower: Removed existing bath tub; Installed tile floor and partial wall - (where tub used to be) - Installed teak pull-down seat - Installed safety bar and wall racks - Relocated drain but did not need to install any other plumbing - Modified wall over vanity and installed 3 door medicine cabinet -

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

Review for Western Standard Tile LLC - 4510 Aztec St, Pasadena, TX - 34954927

04/03/2017

Melissa D.

We had Milford Selman (owner) come out and give us an estimate. He did not give a written, only a verbal and advise us the job could be done in 3 days. The shower walls (tile) had to be removed and replaced due to the water leak. The job was completed in 2 days. Milton and his helper were at our residence each day at 8AM and worked straight thru, no lunch no breaks. We could not have asked for better service or performance. Kept us updated thru out the job.

Description of Work
Our shower had leaked and caused the wall to become soft and dissolve.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

02/09/2017

James S.

It went great. We keep in touch and he called when he was on his way. Milton suggested a beige color of caulk rather than the white that was in there. It blended in to the marble where you can barely notice it. Great idea.

Description of Work
Needed to have the caulk in the marble shower removed and replaced.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

02/02/2017

Rosie M.

I am very satisfied with the work. I plan on using this company again.

Description of Work
They came and repaired a shower door that was installed incorrectly by another company.

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

01/06/2017

Barry M.

Those guys were great! The guys were pretty much honest about what they did, did a good job and that’s a good thing. He fit me in when he really didn’t have the time to. They were right on time.

Description of Work
They re-grouted a shower and installed some specialty tile in my back door, so I would have a walk-in area.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

12/24/2016

Steven B.

A-1 Shower Repair was fantastic! Excellent experience from initial quote to finished product. Milton and Mark were very professional, punctual, and did quality work. We initially had them out to re tile our tub surround since the original builder used mastic instead of thin set (thanks for an improper install and needing a tear-out and rebuild within 6 years of a new house build TaylorMorrison! Really appreciate spending thousands because of your sub-contractor incompetence!!!). A-1 did such a great repair/rebuild job we had them out to re tile the floor as well (again, TaylorMorrison sub-contractor did a botched job and I'm out additional thousands. Builder of the year my a$$) Anyway, A-1 did a fantastic job and we will eventually have them out a third time to redo our master bath because once again, the original builder did a ****-poor, half assed job and all of my grout lines feature 1/16" to 1/8" inch cracks because mastic was used instead of thin set.

Description of Work
Rebuilt tub surround, tiled, then returned to retile bathroom floor.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 12/24/2016

08/22/2016

Cynthia B.

I have never dealt with an individual doing work on my home who was so professional!! Having dealt with a number of contractors in the past, I had a preconceived notion of what to expect. For example, arrival time is typically later then expected. Milton, from the beginning was on time (or early)!! I had an appointment with him for the initial estimate at 8:30 on a Friday morning and I opened my garage door at 8:05 and he was in front of my house waiting!! His "crew" arrived no later then 7:45 each morning, was VERY professional and let me know what "surprises" they encountered along the way. As stated in the "contract" they only work on one job at a time until it is complete as compared to others who have multiple jobs going and have to jump from job to job. They take great strides to keep things neat and clean and clean up at the end of each day. Communication was open and often with both Milton and his brother, Mark. My home was built in the 50s and is on blocks, so they encountered some unexpected surprises to say the least!! They repaired/replaced what was needed in the total guest bath remodel and did the same for shotty work done after Hurricane Ike in the master bath. They were willing to repair just what needed repaired. I had another contractor tell me he would not repair just the leaking shower floor, that would have to rip out the ENTIRE bathroom from floor to ceiling!! Needless to say, I did not call him back! I'm not one for writing reviews, but after the work completed by A-1 Shower I can't help it. I HIGHLY recommend them and would gladly use them again if I ever need it. I can't thank A-1 Shower enough!!

Description of Work
Total remodel of one bathroom and shower pan leak repair of another.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

06/24/2016

Paul G.

We were well pleased with all aspects of construction and end results, crews were punctual, polite, informative, knowledgeable and trustworthy. We on occasion left house open for crew to enter and work unattended allowing them to leave and lock up at end of the day. (wouldn't trust just anybody to do that). Mr. Sellman was very aware of the history of our neighborhood and construction practices of our home built over 30 years ago and made improvements to faulty craftsmanship of the original contractor. He also explained to us the difference in materials used for the remodel so we could make informed decisions about our design. I would definitely recommend A-1 Shower to anyone and will plan on calling them again for future remodels. Excellent work guys!!

Description of Work
removed and rebuilt shower, and entry door to bathroom including replacing termite and water damaged areas, rebuilt shower pan, replaced counter top, replaced and or installed light fixtures, exhaust fan, and plumbing fixtures and bathroom flooring including all necessary drywall replacement and repairs.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/19/2016

04/04/2016

Michael B.

Everything went well! I called and he put me on the schedule for a week and a half later or so, but then called and said his other job was put on hold and if I could be there he could come start our job the next day. I agreed happily (we really needed our shower fixed, it was in a terrible state and we hated using the guest bathroom shower) and he showed up with his crew the next day. They were very practiced and efficient, and we could tell the had done this many times. The bulk of the work was actually completed the first day, and only a small portion of the second day was needed to finish up a few tiling items. After our shower glass came in after a week, Mr. Sellman and his wife came and they installed it in about an hour. From what I've found, the price was very fair for the work done and the quality is very good. I cannot be more pleased and would recommend them wholeheartedly.

Description of Work
Tore out shower pan and seat, fixed water-damaged door frame and replaced sheetrock, installed mudset shower pan, retiled floor area and walls of shower, installed frameless heavy shower glass

Category ceramic tile, glass repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/08/2016

08/31/2015

Amanda B.

Milton and his team (other family members I believe) showed up on time and ready to go. They laid out cloth so they did not scratch or dirty my floors. They were very professional and courteous of my belongings and my time. When we ran out of tile because of my error, they were very understanding and waited while I went to get new tile. The shower looks great and I am confident that it is done correctly this time. Milton also provides a lifetime warranty on his products.

Description of Work
Milton and his team removed a leaking shower pan including all of the tile in the bottom of my shower. They replaced the shower pan and all of the tile. In the process, they had to remove my large glass doors. They removed the doors and Milton personally replaced all the seals, provided an extra seal when the current ones get dirty or wear out and re-installed the doors.

Category ceramic tile, glass repair, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/23/2015

04/23/2015

Kim C.

An onsite visit by the owner, Milton, confirmed his diagnosis over the phone. The custom tile shower pan installed 3 years ago was not done correctly and was leaking under the tile. He pointed out areas of concern and we set a work plan. After accepting his bid, the team arrived promptly as agreed 2 days later. My experience was with a very professional crew that maintained open communication throughout the project (4 days). They arrived at the agreed time each day and the first thing done was to spread drop cloths from the door to the work area to protect my hardwood flooring. When using the saws and jackhammer, they covered furniture with plastic. When possible, tile cutting was done outside. At the end of each day, they swept the work area and removed all debris and tools. Upon arrival, they removed the custom glass shower enclosure. After using a diamond saw to remove the bottom course of wall tile, they jackhammered the old pan down to the slab and cleaned the surface. They "sponged" out a lot of water that had been retained. The corner seat was removed from the shower because it was built with framing lumber and nails penetrated the mylar waterproof barrier. They rebuilt the pan using the proper slope and concrete bed, 40 mil mylar, etc. The corner seat was rebuilt using concrete cinder blocks. Using owner provided tile, they replaced the wall tile and re-tiled the seat. Owner provided river rock tile was installed on the floor (looks great!) and all tile was grouted with matching grout. They took extra care to minimize grout space in the river rock, too. While the tile was being grouted, Milton removed several cherry hardwood floor planks from the adjacent master bedroom floor. Water had migrated from the tile under the hardwood and blistered the finish. New owner provided planks were installed, along with a new cherry transition piece between the tile and hardwood floor. During reinstallation of the custom glass shower enclosure, they noticed a defective seal strip and replaced it. The crew also noticed some of the floor tile grout just outside the shower had darkened and applied some grout color so that all grout lines now match. The end product looks just like the original shower, but without the water leak! Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Diagnosed a leaking shower (pan), removed the pan down to the slab and rebuilt the pan correctly. Removed and reinstalled the custom glass shower enclosure. Installed owner provided tiles to match the removed tile. Regrouted and caulked as needed. Repaired 5 hardwood floor planks damaged by water and replaced them with owner provided planks. Installed new transition strip between the tile and hardwood floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, glass repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/16/2015