Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2007

THIRTEEN consecutive years Angie's List Super Service Award Winner. General handyman repairs and services. HOME OFFICE SET UP, OFFICE FURNITURE ASSEMBLY, HANG MONITORS/TVS. Weather stripping. Move in service to wall mount TV's, hang pictures, mirrors, art, curtains, drapes, blinds. Furniture assembly. Door adjustment, door knob/deadbolt/lock replacement. Kitchen and bath hardware installation... knobs, pulls, towel rods/rings. Garbage disposal installation. Toilet repair, some faucet repair. Ceiling fan repair and assembly and balancing. Bath and shower caulking. Closet repair, shelf assembly and installation. Garage shelving. Childproofing cabinets. Reflooring cabinets and cabinet repair, drawer glides. Weatherstripping/door seals. Other miscellaneous repairs....

handyman (369)ceiling fan installation (34)plumbers (24)electrician (23)door installation (21)woodworking (20)lighting (17)window treatment (12)locksmith (7)interior painting (5)HVAC Companies (5)fence company (4)

06/21/2021

Anji W.

Handydad did a great job of realigning off track pot and pan drawers, adding magnetic closures so they don't fall open.

Description of Work
Fixing cabinetry drawers

Work Completed On 08/09/2021

10/18/2020

Farrah J.

Installed light fixtures, curtain rods, hung mirrors

Description of Work
I’ve had James out at least four times for projects and he’s done an exceptional job each time. He’s installed two light fixtures, a ceiling fan and a very complicated “fandelier”, hung six curtain rods and three mirrors and mounted a cabinet in my laundry room. I’ve been extremely impressed with his attention to detail, flexibility and professionalism. He’s definitely on speed dial anytime I need work around my done. I would like definitely recommend him!

Category handyman service, window treatments, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

10/11/2020

Mallonie A.

He was quick, prepared, nice and did a great job.

Description of Work
Multiple jobs

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

02/20/2020

Sharon E.

went very well. it took far less time for Billy to do most tasks than expected.

Description of Work
Installation of closet doors, cedarwood attic ceiling, and general repairs.

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/20/2020

While I appreciate a good review this was mistakenly directed to my company... HANDYDAD. Hopefully this good review can be redirected to the deserving vendor.

07/11/2019

Heather H.

Did a wonderful job. Good quality work!

Description of Work
Hanging light fixtures, replace weather stripping,

Category handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

03/14/2019

LC B.

We are more than pleased with his services ! Punctual , knowledgeable, very likable and very honest ! My first go to for any home project! Will most definitely use again!

Description of Work
Alarm battery replacement, pantry lighting , ac/filter

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

12/08/2018

Parag G.

Handydad was terrific. My wife and I just move to a new home and we needed about 25 window shades and curtains installed. We looked at a bunch of installation services from retailers and distributors and found them WAY too expensive. We talked with Handydad and his pricing was more on par with what we could afford and the quality of his work is the same as any other professional service we've used before. Atop that, while he was hanging the window treatments, my wife and I noticed a couple other door hangars and hooks that needed to be installed and he was more than willing to help us with those. Onsite Handydad was punctual, quick about his work, and both professional and personable. Be warned though, he has a wicked sense of humor. Overall, it was a great experience and I'd definitely hire him again for any work we may need in the future and recommend him for any window treatment installations you might have.

Description of Work
Installing window treatments & hanging some items

Category handyman service, window treatments

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

Thank you for the review. It is good to have great customers.

11/16/2018

Hannah Y.

James is very genuine. He checked the damaged cabinets and provided very helpful advices. He does not sell services for something he could not do professionally or things we do not need. He also checked our loose doors and fixed them out of courtesy. We really are glad for knowing this great man and will rehire him for sure.

Description of Work
Damaged cabinet

11/02/2018

Diane F.

He was punctual, neat, handled the task like a pro! Price very reasonable.

Description of Work
Long Curtain rod in dining room

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

11/02/2018

Diane F.

HandDad performed the job efficiently and expertly. We were very pleased with the end result.

Description of Work
I had a long curtain rod hung.

07/10/2018

Chris C.

James is multi-talented and took care of these problems quickly and with an enjoyable demeanor. He came up with a creative way to repair poorly done trim where the floor meets the tub. I liked it so much, I requested that he do the same thing in the guest bath. His pricing is very reasonable, and he is trustworthy and cleans up after the job is completed. I highly recommend James for maintenance and repair tasks, he is the best!

Description of Work
Repair/install door knobs, cabinet pulls and drawer, valance and replaced trim around tub.

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

06/13/2018

LC B.

Excellent very professional and will definitely use again

Description of Work
Take down and re hang drapes

Category handyman service, window treatments

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

04/01/2018

Gaylen B.

James from HandyDad was awesome to work with! The chairs were very difficult to assemble but in spite of this, he did a fabulous job at a fair price!!! I’m going to hire him again for other handyman work!

Description of Work
I purchased 6 dining room chairs that needed to be assembled.

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

02/08/2018

Joe K.

The service was excellent. James arrived promptly as agreed. All aspects of the job from prep through cleanup were carefully executed.

Description of Work
Recaulked two large walk in synthetic marble showers.

12/18/2017

Pamela D.

This is the second time I've used him. Both jobs went very well.

Description of Work
Remove shower doors from master bath, install towel bar.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

11/28/2017

Shirley A.

Great! He scheduled this small job quickly, was on time and completed the job well. He did a great job and was very pleasant. We would definitely use him again. His prices are great too.

Description of Work
We moved into an apartment and needed our dryer installed.

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

11/10/2017

Kevin R.

James did an awesome job. He was professional, and he did an awesome job. I will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I had pictures hanged in my apartment.

Work Completed On 11/08/2017

10/11/2017

Mary K.

James did a great job installing my ceiling fan. My wiring was a little wonky, and a part on the fan I provided didn't fit together correctly, but he figured out the wiring and got the part to fit, and the fan is perfectly balanced and quiet. I will call James next time I need a handyman.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fan

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

08/22/2017

Kathy G.

Went very well - James is a super great guy, very professional. His price was very reasonable and liked his honesty.

Description of Work
An outside light needed to be remounted to the stone.

Category handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

08/07/2017

Rahuil P.

James was on time, professional , good-humored, and charged a reasonable price for the work. Would recommend him!

Description of Work
James assembled two media consoles.

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

06/05/2017

Greg A.

I set up a time with Handydad (James) and he arrived on time and with all the necessary tools to get the job done. He was friendly and personable while maintaining professionalism, and did a good job. He prices jobs by the hour and got the job done in less than an hour for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
I needed a TV wall mount installed.

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

03/21/2017

Neville M.

Handyman was able to remove and wire direct into switch. Fixed. Never again will I install remote units on ceiling fans.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan 20 ft up had bad remote receiver.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

03/10/2017

Judith S.

I am just reviewing his response to my call . He responded but was not able to do the work I needed !

Description of Work
He called back promptly and that is rare in this industry