Precision Garage Door of Houston

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2004

Expert garage door repair services from highly trained, certified technicians who are prompt, professional & polite. 24/7 emergency repairs using only the highest quality American-made parts. Quality workmanship guaranteed.

4.2

garage doors (177)door installation (9)

08/06/2022

Amanda N.

Just moved into a new house and the previous owners supplied no garage door remotes. They came out on July 5. The technician told me the wall button was bad and he could order remotes for the openers. He needed to call me back with timing because it isn't a part they normally stock. I never got a call back, so I called again on July 20. I was informed they would get right back with me. I never got a call back, so I called again on August 2. I informed them we had been waiting a month and it was urgent we hear back from them. The receptionist told me someone would call me that day. When I didn't hear back by the end of business on August 3rd, I ordered the parts on Amazon and they arrived on the 5th. We installed and programmed everything ourselves on the 6th.

Description of Work
New Wall Button and Additional Remotes

Cost $398.95

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

12/02/2021

Eric A.

An installer from Precision Door arrived at my home without the necessary parts, tools, and/or materials to do the job. In fact, he showed up with mis-matched door panels facing the wrong direction. He admitted he failed to even look at the work order before he left for my house that morning and stated he didn’t bring the replacement trim with him and he couldn’t do anything about the door having a backwards panel. This was HORRIBLE and not at all in accordance with what we agreed. So, I told him to do what he could with what he had and come back and fix this mess. To this date, no one from Precision has contacted me about this, offered a rebate, or done ANYTHING to make this right. It has been 244 days since I placed the initial order with them. That is EIGHT MONTHS.

Description of Work
Replacement of garage door, trim, and track system

Category garage doors, doors

Cost $3,173.01

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

10/01/2021

Troy M.

Service after the sell is terrible. The install went well but did not install trim on the new build garage doors. Myself and the contractor have each called multiple times to get an updates over the last 2 months. We are getting the "it should be on the next truck" or "the wrong color got shipped" on multiple occasions. Finally, today, I got hung up on by the person who answered the phone because she said "they" are all in a meeting and "they" will call me back. I informed her two weeks ago I called that is exactly what was told to me and am still waiting for a call back. I asked is there someone I can speak with now and she said "no, my manager will be calling you" and hung up.

Description of Work
Replace 2 garage doors (existing structure) and install 2 garage doors with openers (new build)

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

01/06/2021

Marcella D.

I received a phone call in response to my email within minutes, even in the evening and during the Christmas holidays! Was able to get an appointment within 24 hours and had a punctual assessment of our broken door. The gentleman who arrived was courteous, took his measurements efficiently, and counseled me on my options, with a variety of accompanying costs. When I chose to get the door replaced, he offered me a selection of choices to review with my spouse. We were able to place our order, again within 24 hours. I am very excited about our new doors –though we will need to wait six weeks for their fabrication.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

12/16/2020

Loretta K.

Excellent service. We have used your company several times over the years to maintain our garage door and opener. Recently we experienced an intermittent problem with our garage door opener and it was time for a replacement. I called, requested service from David Sinner, and an appointment was scheduled for the very next day. David arrived onsite during the requested service appointment and diagnosed the problem and replaced our garage door opener in less than two hours. We are very pleased with the replacement garage door opener and the service provided by David and your company. You can be sure that we will provide a positive reference and will utilize your company's services as needed for any future incident or issue.

Description of Work
Garage Door Opener Replaced.

Cost $1,059.78

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

11/20/2020

Sunny N.

Came out fast, but apparently, wasn't careful and the installed the belt twisted. I had to point it out to the tech and he fixed it, but should I really need to have to inspect their work? Thus, the B. Otherwise, would've been an 'A+' because they told me that my belt was covered by Liftmaster when I called for an estimate, and the only one of the 3, to do so (I contacted Spectrum, First call, and RB garage doors). Therefore, I didn't have to buy the belt from them. Cost $89 for the tech to come out and replace the belt with the one that shipped from Liftmaster (that took about 2 weeks).

Description of Work
replace garage door belt

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

06/22/2020

Jowell L.

My entire objection to the work done is the price. The work was done professionally and promptly, so no issues there. However, 45 minutes of work and $50 in parts (looking up the same parts at Home Depot) cost me $430. Subtract the parts and that leaves $380 in labor for 45 minutes, minutes, or $507 an hour. High price lawyer money for a garage door. It is completely on me that I agreed to this, and it won't happen again. So for the next person in line, be aware of just how expensive it could be.

Description of Work
Replace garage door rollers and safety sensors

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for your feedback. I would agree that our prices are higher than most, however we back our pricing with our professionalism, customer service and warranty. Should any of the purchased parts fail, we will replace and service at no cost to you for the duration of your warranty. You can reach our office directly at 713-983-8121 and we thank you for your business!

06/22/2020

Mellanies P.

Went very well. Technician was very professional and courteous. Doors are beautiful and matched the new paint job on the garage. Very pleased.

Description of Work
2 new garage doors and 1 opener installed

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

05/01/2020

Rhonda S.

Tyler replaced my garage door. He was friendly, professional and did an excellent job. My garage door is quiet and runs smoothly.

Description of Work
I needed my garage door replaced.

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

03/18/2020

Kristian M.

OUTRAGEOUS prices. Call Garage Door Doctor instead. The spring broke on my garage door. I found Precision on Google, called, and asked the phone operator how much to replace it. She told me it would be $275 for the spring, including labor, and $50 for the trip. When the tech arrived, they said that although I started with one spring, I needed two, they were $275 each, I needed new rollers for $150, plus lots of labor. "Don't forget that labor," the tech said to his trainee. The trainee was confused, so the tech helped him add it on the iPad quote. The final quote came out to over $950. The tech told me a lot of guys put the wrong springs on, don't know what they're doing. Oldest sales tactic in the book. I do a lot of handiwork myself, so I have a general idea of what parts cost and how much labor is involved in things. I knew I was getting fleeced. I declined the service and refused to pay the trip fee. I then called Garage Door Doctor. Because it was so late (5 pm) due to wasting time with Precision, Doctor couldn't come until the morning. I had to drive my car across the city to park it at another address since there are lots of break-ins in Montrose. Garage Door Doctor came out the next morning, suggested the identical repairs, but charged me $355. Their tech told me $950 was insane. The door now operates better than when new, but with no thanks to Precision. STAY AWAY!

Description of Work
Garage door spring replacement

Work Completed On 03/13/2020

02/19/2020

Keith W.

From obtaining a service call for repair to arranging the replacement service, Precision Garage Door of Houston was very professional and prompt. Dave, our service technician, was extremely polite and efficient. Highly recommended and would call them again!

Description of Work
Garage Door Opener Replacement

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

02/13/2020

COOPER S.

Terrific experience from beginning to end. Within minutes of submitting a request, I was called by a rep from the company and an inspection was scheduled for the same day (after 5 pm). Jonas Q. was on time and after a quick consult, began work immediately. Within 45 minutes, the problems were solved and the door restored to functionality. Jonas could not have been more helpful and courteous. This company has the service experience down perfectly.

Description of Work
Garage door components replaced.

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

12/03/2019

Junfeng T.

Mr. Tyler went above and beyond to fix our garage door opener. He is friendly, know well what he does, willing to spend time until the problem was fixed, Saved us time and money. highly recommend.

Description of Work
fixed garage door opener

Cost $129.9

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

06/22/2019

Katie M.

My husband called Precision Door Service of Houston (the one associated with the Pearland area) because the springs on our garage door broke off. David Bell arrived, addressed the issues, and left all within one-and-a-half hours. Throughout his visit, he was very courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. He walked us through the whole process and was easy to understand. I would definitely recommend him! :)

Description of Work
Garage door springs replacement

Work Completed On 06/22/2019

04/15/2019

Robert M.

Bryan did a great professional job and efficiently! He also explained everything I needed to know! Kudos to you, Thanks!

Description of Work
New garage door opener with key pad, 1 remote &surge protector!

01/30/2019

Tom N.

They did a good job and it is working fine.

Description of Work
They fixed the garage door opener at my rental home.

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

01/10/2019

William V.

Price was way higher than all other quotes. Just can't make it work this time.

Description of Work
Quote two new garage doors.

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear our prices turned you away in the end. Our prices include top of the line hardware and the manufacturers limited lifetime warranty as well as hauling away your old doors. We hope your overall experience with us will bring you back to us in the future!

01/07/2019

Meredith L.

We are so pleased with the work this company did! Our garage doors (there are two) were making a ton of noise, and rollers had started breaking. They both open and close as smooth as butter now! They replaced our rollers and straightened the tracks.

Description of Work
Repaired broken rollers other issues on two garage doors

Work Completed On 01/03/2019

Thank you for such a great review! We appreciate your business and we're happy your garage door is working like new. Please call us if you ever have any issues, you have a great warranty package with us! -Precision Garage Door

11/08/2018

David Z.

The responsiveness of this company was excellent. The installation was performed to a high standard.

Description of Work
New double wide garage door.

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

09/06/2018

Patrick Z.

Jason did an excellent job. Was on time, professional and met all my job expectations. Was very knowledgeable about the problems and options.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring on garage door. Replaced both springs on double car garage door.

Work Completed On 09/06/2018

08/06/2018

Angela H.

The manager Michelle was rudely talkative, defensive and argumentative and the technician who came out did nothing worth $199.00; he actually cut my wire, stole it, closed my garage door, and sealed it. As a result, I can not get in or out of my garage nor can I lift it. I called and complained left detailed messages twice but, the manager refused to offer anything in the form of concessions to resolve my issue, and stated that the answering service that handles their after hours calls was not reliable enough to take a quality message. Michelle, the manager actually told me to seek out another company since I was not happy with the service. She told me what they were not gonna do, but asked me what I needed them to do. She held me on the line for hours and argued the position of the technician the entire time. I was shocked that a company that has an A rating on Angie’s list would treat any customer with such disrespectful language and disregard. I strongly recommend that this company be avoided at all cost! Instead of replacing the panel and untangling my wire, they insisted on replacing my door as the only thing they were willing to do, a cost of over $1500. All they want is your money, not to offer quality customer service and work. They are awful, and racist, bigots!

Description of Work
Untangle wire and replace a panel.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

03/23/2018

Robert M.

My garage door jammed on a loose rail connection and bent the rails outward beyond my ability to repair. Precision Garage Door sent Kris out, who was very knowledgable and professional, explained all my options, and made great recommendations. Initially, it looked like we would need to replace the vertical rails, which I agreed to, but after actually starting the work, Kris found that he was able to bend the original rails back into place and secure them safely. I did at his suggestion have the rollers replaced, as they were old, did not roll very smoothly, and were too short (the rollers slipping out caused part of the problem with the original jam). I was very impressed with his work, especially that he found and suggested a less expensive solution after I had already agreed to the more expensive one. They may have gotten a bigger windfall the first way, but the second way they gained a customer for life.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Cost $325.21

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

03/07/2018

Gerald S L.

They are a good company. Jeremy arrived on time, explained all of our options and did a great job. We decided to go with a new upgraded garage door opener, and we are happy with it.

Description of Work
Replaced/upgraded garage door opener.