Lords Chimney

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2005

9539 Town Park Dr

Houston, TX 77036

For the last decade, the CSIA (Chimney Safety Institute of America) and CDET (Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician) certified technicians at Lords Chimney have been providing quality chimney, fireplace and dryer vent care to the residents of the greater Houston area. As members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG), we pride ourselves on always keeping up with the latest industry information, techniques, products, equipment and codes. Whether you’re in the market for a new chimney cap, or you’re looking to give your entire fireplace a facelift, Lords Chimney can help. Our technicians are trained and experienced in all aspects of chimney, fireplace and dryer vent care, and are dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service possible. We’re confident that we can help you with your hearth-related problem, whatever it may be....

10/27/2020

Gerald K.

Exceptional and professional work by Certified Chimney experts. Marlon took time to explain in detail what was needed and provided detailed pictures and write-up for inspection. They are on my list for inspection next year. Marlon is a true professional and easy to work with. Highly Recommend Lords Chimney!

Description of Work
Repair Chimney Firebox, sweep, and inspection

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

06/13/2017

Connie M.

Very well. The team called ahead, was right on time, performed all the needed work and even noted some flashing on the roof at the chimney which needed to be repaired. The team noted that the roof appeared relatively new and was likely under warranty rather than them charging me to repair it and the roofer not accepting it if a claim were ever made. They even provided a photo to give the roofer's repair team. Great customer service!

Description of Work
Lord's Chimney provided quite a bit of repair to my home's old and very wear-worn chimney last year. I scheduled them to inspect it and perform any needed work on it as a follow-up. I have placed this activity on my annual calendar to prevent rather than correct problems.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

02/13/2017

Sharon K.

fine....it took the guy about 45 min to clean and make sure everything was working right.

Description of Work
chimney sweep

Category chimney sweep

01/23/2017

Craig R.

Receptionist says the next free estimate would be in 7 days unless I wanted to pay $100 for next day emergency service. After negotiating, I agreed to pay the $100 for next day but after checking they couldn't come out for 3 days.

Description of Work
Water leak in a wood frame chimney. Chimney cap looks like it needs to be replaced.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

11/26/2016

Kathleen P.

They were prompt, efficient and excellent work.

Description of Work
They came in to sweep my chimney and repair some leaks prior to usage.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces,gas logs

11/17/2016

Sarah M.

Called and spoke to Llynn. He was absolutely wonderful. Took the time to explain all available options, and thoroughly answered all questions. We ultimately didn't use Lords as we were able to find a retailer with a lesser price (carried the item in stock vs. having to ship in), but I would highly recommend Llynn and his team for exceptional customer service.

Description of Work
Called to price out the cost of a glass fireplace door,

Category fireplaces

10/10/2016

Terri B.

No response to request for an estimate.

Description of Work
Rebuild chimney after lightning strike.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

We apologize. Our phones are answered Monday though Friday 8-5. If some how we missed you, please call back so we can get you an estimate.

09/12/2016

Seth M.

Just mislead in my opinion. And still have a dirty floored and filthy walled firebox. Recently moved into a house where it appeared the firebox had not been cleaned in quite some time (dusty gas logs, dirt/sand throughout, spider webs, dead bugs, walls could use brushing, etc). We hired Lords to provide their Chimney Cleaning/Inspection Service per their website which included the use of a "series of rotating brushes, to clean every component of your chimney—the FIREBOX, smoke chamber..." and with the inspection "if needed, a sweep of the FIREBOX, damper...". The technician came out and inspected up the chimney with a camera for about 20 minutes and then proceeded to tell us that the chimney was clean but that we'd need to pay $5,095 in other services in order to ensure the system operated properly (heat shield due to holes in flue, install stainless cap). I appreciated the safety disclosures his opinion provided, HOWEVER, he then left and failed to even clean the firebox, claiming the dirt/sand was of value to the workings of the gas logs. And I guess using that "series of rotating brushes, to clean every component of your chimney" didn't include the firebox walls. I called Lords and expressed my displeasure with paying $140 for the 20 minute inspection while not getting anything cleaned, especially the firebox which was my primary concern and the reason I placed the order in the first place. He proceeded to tell me that I was probably requiring a gas log tune-up (not a service listed on his website, but one they offer for $300). Perhaps, if I had seen a gas log tuneup on their website, I would have requested that service instead, but by the sound of it, that probably wouldn't have included the "series of rotating brushes, to clean every component of your chimney—the FIREBOX...", as my cleaning supposedly should have provided, but did not. Be clear with what you want from this company. I won't make the same $140 mistake again.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces,gas logs

08/22/2016

Shelly A.

While Lord's seems to do a fine job with dryer vent cleaning when they do come out, it is very difficult to actually get them to come out. Appointments are typically scheduled 3+ weeks out. Not a really big deal if you're just doing maintenance, but certainly frustrating if you're having issues. In my case, I had them clean my dryer vent and replace the roof cap earlier in the summer. Since then, I've continually had pools of water in my dryer. The dryer is brand new and was working fine upon installation, so it's not the dryer. I don't know what the problem is but it sure is frustrating that it's so hard to get them to come back out and check their work.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaning and cap replacement

Category dryer vent cleaning

06/30/2016

Shawn R.

Work went fine. A bit expensive but I was told they had a 10year warranty. Ok good. Until a year later when they call to say they are coming to inspect and when I ask what they mean they say in order to keep the 10 year warranty valid I have to pay $140 for an inspection every year. So apparently the warranty costs $1400. They failed to explain that. This chimney doesn't even get used, just wanted it to stop leaking. So if I don't pay $140 a year for them to drive by, glance at the chimney and leave, then the warranty is not valid. That is not right to me. It seems they just want to drain you of your money.

Description of Work
Pressure washed, touched up mortar, replaced chase top, and sealed brick.

Category chimney repair

The products we use require proper maintenance of the fireplace in order to keep their warranties current. Yearly inspections/cleanings is similar to changing your oil on you car. It is proper maintenance.

Tex A Clean Carpet Care LLC

We Specialize In Carpet Cleaning / Upholstery Cleaning / Air Duct Cleaning / Tile & Grout Cleaning & Water Restoration Services Save Big With Tex A Clean Call Us Now!

All States Service Pro - Houston

All States Service Pro is the largest and most popular home services company in the nation. All States Service Pro can help meet your needs with exceptional service at an affordable price. We are available 24/7 by phone and offer same day service seven days a week, so give us a call and book an appointment if you’re interested.

Offers by All States Service Pro - Houston on Angi
    Clean Air Houston Pro

Clean Air Houston Pro is a local trusted company that service the Houston area for years now.

Offers by Clean Air Houston Pro on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing

Water leak resolution, waterproofing, fireplace and chimney repair, animal and nest removal, dryer vent cleaning, pressure washing, fireplace and chimney installation, gas log tune-ups, stove installation & roof flashing installation and repair.

Ask for details.