Handyman & General Construction Services

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2012

14910 Stuebner Airline

Houston, TX 77069

General Construction Services & Handyman. Dependable Home Repair and Construction. Finally resolve all of your home projects quickly and confidently. Over 20 years of hands – on experience in new construction and remodels. Plenty of references from Home Owners and General Contractors alike....

01/10/2017

Pete H.

I commend Jeff and Jay for their methodical approach to determine the problem, make a plan of attack and then execution of the plan. Everything was measured and re-measured for accuarcy. We had a few bumps along the way (no fault of theirs) but there was always a solution and work progressed until completed. They cleaned up behind them as they went and at the end of the day.

Description of Work
We experienced a leak inside kitchen wall due to galvanized pipe failing. Jeff Robinson responded very quickly, did a preliminary investigation to confirm our suspicions and provided a very reasonable price for the work. We knew there would be unknowns as he started to demo the wall and affected cabinetry. He and Jay stopped the leak, replaced the plumbing lines and rebuilt the wall and cabinetry. This included taking out and re-installing a full granite backsplash and window sill without damage to the granite. They called in a granite contractor friend for advice before removing the granite. All that remains is painting of the cabinets.

Category custom cabinets,drywall,electrician,insulation,plumbing

11/04/2016

David M.

When you tear a kitchen down to the barest of bones in a 35 year old house, you might get some surprises. HGCS was great at problem-solving when any problems arose. They did a complete kitchen remodel, painted the entire interior of the home, and installed new flooring throughout. Jeff and Jay also replaced the old galvanized pipes, installed new lighting and switches, hung some new doors, and tackled several other things we threw their way. Their cleaning up at the end of every day was much appreciated. Jeff and Jay were prompt, conscientious, and easy to work with. They explained things to us and valued our input because they wanted us to be satisfied with the end result. We'll be calling them again when we remodel our bathrooms. We recommend them without reservation!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel (including cabinets, replacing all old galvanized pipes, rerouting electrical for new appliances)l, new laminate flooring installed in the whole house, new lighting and ceiling fans installed, painting the entire interior of the house, installed some new interior doors, and several other small projects

Category custom cabinets,flooring contractor,handyman service,roofing,ceiling fans,home remodeling

Thanks Mr and Mrs (Member name removed), It has been a pleasure working with you. sincerely, Jeff

10/25/2016

Nancy M.

Fantastic job. They came quickly to look over damage and once the walls were ok to install got to work. In approximately 3 weeks one bathroom was usable, walls were all back up, textured, and painted. Once we were ready again, they returned to put on a new roof, and build cabinets for kitchen, and tape/bed garage. They contracted out the roofing, and staining of the cabinets in bathroom and kitchen. Jeff/Jay did oversee the work and were very involved in the work. They did all the installation of cabinets, baseboards, and custom building of the cabinets that were not ready made. Overall we were back in our house in approximately one month. They cleaned up daily so no trash or debris was left behind. Progress was communicated with me via email, text, or in person regularly.

Description of Work
Due to Flood in my home they installed new sheetrock, textured and painted in living room, dining room, bedrooms, and bathrooms, and kitchen. Installed new shower/tub in one bathroom. Installed cabinets in kitchen and built 2 custom cabinets, Tape/Bed garage. New roof, removed tub from one bathroom and sealed hole from old shower.

Category custom cabinets,roofing,home remodeling

03/04/2016

Sunny C.

Jeff and his coworker Jay took a project that was abandoned by a previous contractor and in disarray and Not only did they fix the mistakes from the previous contractor but did a wonderful job with the deck installation. As it was a flat roof that he installed he took extra steps to laydown water barriers and flashing to prevent any leaking underneath. He also improved the slope of the deck to allow for water to run off away from the house which was a problem in the past. The quote that Jeff provided me was also the cheapest of the three quotes that I took. Although it was the cheapest I always felt that Jeff never cut corners in anyway to complete the task And often spent extra time to make sure that it was done correctly. Jeff and Jay's attention to detail was evident and they took pride in their work. Jeff was very responsive throughout the whole process they arrived on time and Cleaned up behind themselves every day. I really cannot recommend them enough and I will be using them for any future repairs or problems that I have in my house in the future.

Description of Work
Upstairs patio repair and decking, trimwork, fan installation, electrical work, insulation on the screen door.

Category decks,electrician,insulation,roofing,ceiling fans

Thank you [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you. Remember that we are only a phone call away. Sincerely, Jeff

01/01/2016

BRIAN W.

Description of Work
Installed a 16 X 16 patio cover. It went very well.

Category awnings

07/30/2012

Steve W.

My backyard faces west and gets a lot of afternoon sun...so much so, that you have to stay in the pool because there is nowhere to sit in the shade when you get out . To solve my problem, Jeff built a 450 sqft patio that provides a huge amount of shade and has drastically reduced the temperature in my house by blocking direct sun to the windows. Jeff did most of the work himself which made his price much less expensive. He used a framer to help build the structure and Jeff did most all of the finish out - the framer was awesome too. The entire project took 2.5 weeks. Jeff worked late most every night so he could get the project done as quickly as possible but mentioned that if I didn't want him there past 5, he would leave...didn't bother me, so he would stay until 8 or 9 each night working away. He would clean up the work area every single night to ensure there were no nails/etc out - I have little kids and this was important. Jeff also built an outdoor cabinet for a TV and outdoor cabinet to house a Receiver, Cable Box and other misc items. After the project was complete, I needed Jeff to come back out 2 times to touch up a few areas and his response was quick and professional. My original concern of using the least expensive company equating to a lower level of service simply wasn't true. Because Jeff does most all of his own work, he has a vested interest to ensure his customers are happy with his product - he proved this to me with his quick response times.

Description of Work
Built a 450 sqft Patio in the backyard connected to the house and detached garage

Category decks

Thanks for the nice comments Member. Being a consumer myself, I know what it is like to receive substandard service. . . I don't like it ! Every job is the most important job! I believe that everyone has something to offer. . . We want to be known for our integrity and outstanding service. Thanks again Steve

Experience services

I Provide skilled and certified pressure washing services for all commercial and residential needs.

Guardian Gate Services, LLC

We help keep your property free from unwanted guests by designing Custom Gates that fit your lifestyle with secured access control at your convenience. We install and repair gate operators, traditional and ornate gates and provide estimates all while whistling old school show tunes. (Dance routines are an additional fee). With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we provide the best product knowledge, project planning and troubleshooting around. We aren't scared of any challenge or Gate Operator!

Flores power-wash

Home repairs, handyman services, small remodels, custom patio covers, decks, fences, screened porches, gazebos, & pergolas.