CHAMPIONS TREE PRESERVATION

Founded 1983 • With Angi since December 2005

11835 BAMMEL N HOUSTON

Houston, TX 77066

Tree Care and Tree Service...

11/29/2017

Elizabeth S.

The arborist’s diagnostic consultation was carried out by Erwin C. expeditiously on the the very day I called! Diagnosis was determined and treatment of root aeration and palm saver deep feeding was completed the next week by a fine gentleman named Arturo. Now we wait to see how my poor little tree responds over the winter. I highly recommend Champions if you are looking for timely,efficient and friendly service at very reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Diagnosis related to queen palm decline and treatment.

04/26/2017

Robert B.

Champions has been maintaining our trees for a number of years. All trees are thriving and looking good.

Description of Work
Annual feeding and pruning of trees at our home

06/07/2016

Helen P.

They just finished. They just left after 10 hours. I have used them multiple times. They did massive trimming. I have used them at least 3 times.

Description of Work
I used Champions Tree. They saved my roof.

03/30/2016

Kathleen B.

Robin came out last summer to cut vines off of trees and inspect the health of the trees in a house we'd just moved into. He assessed a few of the trees as struggling, but in an effort to save them, pruned. He suggested a "wait and see" plan. At that time, we also had a tree removed that was dead and leaning over a neighbor's garage. He came back this month when I called to have a Chinese tallow removed that was rooting against this same neighbor's garage. Upon arrival, I asked him to look at a huge ash that he'd examined last summer. Another neighbor who gardens told me she saw bore holes and was concerned the tree was a risk of falling across the street or power lines. Robin suggested it was fine, but upon closer inspection he pointed out split and the bore holes, which could been seen moving some other foliage obscuring the view. He immediately phoned some one for a strap to hold the tree together to prevent it falling on our garage or the power lines. He ended up with a crane and we proceeded to remove that tree straight away. My spouse was out of town and alarmed to hear a huge tree was being taken out. He got on the phone with Robin who had to explain the whole situation. Robin waived the emergency tree removal fee and included the stump grinding to help with my spouse's surprise and sticker shock.

Description of Work
Removed two dead trees, one of them huge, requiring a crane, and ground the stumps.

04/18/2015

Shawn G.

They saved my tree! I thought was going to have to have the beautiful tree removed but after their service the tree was on the road to recovery after just a few weeks. Over 1 year later I have a very healthy and thriving pine tree.

Description of Work
Diagnostics of loblolly pine tree that appeared to be dying. Tree root aeration and treatment was performed.

Category gutter cleaning

01/12/2015

Burton F.

It was good. I was satisfied with what they did. They are very professional.

Description of Work
They pruned a tree.

11/04/2014

Willa W.

Three guys worked very hard for over two hours to cut off all kinds of branches that were overhanging the neighbors yard and over our roof and they did a very good job cleaning up everything blowing off any dust on the roof and sidewalks. Using a huge tree grinder all the debris was cleaned up very quickly.

Description of Work
The Champions TreePreservation trimmed and Ash tree that was very large in our front yard. We have used champions tree preservation in the past and will continue to use them in the future.

06/27/2014

Judith E.

Erwin came out on Saturday to give a consultation and quote. He completely understood my concerns and gave a very good quote. They came out on Monday to do the work, and did a great job. I did ask that they trim a few more branches and they returned the next day and did the work. The crew left the yard clean, and the trees look healthy and nicely groomed. I will use them again, and will recommend them to anyone who needs tree service. Erwin really listened to my concerns and addressed all of them.

Description of Work
Squirrels have been chewing the bark off my elm trees, causing brittle branches to fall. The trees also needed feeding. Champions pruned and fed the trees to improve the health of the trees and prevent future breakage.

06/03/2014

Henry G.

Champions Tree Preservation was on-time for the appointment to provide an estimate. Erwin was very knowledgable and immediately provided a detailed estimate. Although a bit more expensive than other providers, Champions seemed the most professional (one provider missed an appointment without even a phone call), owned their own equipment, and had workman's comp insurance. They had done work for my neighbors after Hurricane Ike. The crew was on-time for the work. The workers were very organized and safety-minded. The work, involving a huge pine and a smaller one, was done in several hours. They left everything cleaned up. I was able to pay with a credit card by calling into the office - very easy to do business with. I was very satisfied with their service

Description of Work
Removed two trees.

05/22/2014

David M.

Erwin is a certified arborist with the knowledge, experience to provide excellent advise and recommendations. I have used his company several times in the last twenty years. They have always provided quality service. They cut down a 22 foot tall pear tree which was 17 years old and on average, in this area, only lives 15 years. The crew of four men used their chain saws, large chipper machine and stump grinder to remove the trunk, branches and leaves; and cleaned up the debris in one hour. I will be using them with my tree issues in the future.

Description of Work
Erwin came out 04/21/14, recommended 17 year old Pear Tree (22 ft tall) was dying, planted too close to the house and should be removed. His crew on 05/05/14 cut the tree down and ground the stump. They used their machine to chip up the branches, leaves, trunk, cleaned up all of the debris and were finished in one hour.

05/12/2014

Debra L.

Trimmed trees and removed 3 other trees. They also drilled holes in the stumps and put in stump dissolving granules because the locations of the trees made it too difficult to grind therm out. They removed all debris, including raking and using the blower to make sure everything was taken care of. I have used Champions Tree several times in the past, and I will continue to use them, excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees in backyard, removed a "trash tree" in front, removed 2 small trees in back yard.

Category tree service

Thank you very much [member name removed]! It is always good to hear feedback from our customers. I am very happy to know we meet your expectations and performed the services just as we had discussed. As always it was good meeting with you again and I look forward to helping you in any way that we can in the future. Thanks again, Robin

05/08/2014

Jeff S.

I was very happy. They came out, assessed the problem and gave me a quote. They came back and did the work very timely. There were no ugly surprises. They were very professional.

Description of Work
I used them for tree service. They trimmed some trees for me.

04/02/2014

Hodge R.

It was very good. They were friendly and professional. The cleanup was great. They were dependable. They did a little more than what they told me they're going to do, like they trimmed some bushes and things and cleaned up.

Description of Work
We used the services of Champions Tree Preservation. They provided tree service.

03/13/2014

Anne S.

They came the day we called them. They did a good job.

Description of Work
Champions Tree Preservation took a tree down for us.

01/06/2014

John C.

The reason for removal was the tree was showing signs of disease. Since the tree was in the center of my fenced in front yard, they brought in a large crane which was parked in my driveway. It was used to remove the branches as they were cut off, and then the trunk. That approach worked out great and there was no damage to my fence or gates, which I was concerned about. All work was completed in one day.

Description of Work
They removed a large tree from my front yard, which included grinding down the stump and removal of all tree products.

11/05/2013

CLINT P.

They came out on very short notice. They diagnosed the problem and cleaned out the gutters and did a fantastic job. They saved me thousands of dollars and I really appreciate their hard work and how much I can trust them. I know when they come and do work for me that the job will done correctly. This is a fantastic company and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They looked into why my yard was flooding and diagnosed a problem with my gutters. They dug a hole behind the drain as well and cleaned out the drain to help with the flooding so the water wouldn't get backed up into my house.

Category gutter cleaning,landscaping

10/01/2013

MARCELA H.

The crew that came by my property was so professional and the equipment was impressive! Those are serious machines!!!. They came early in the morning ready to work, They were so good at watching for my flowers and plants underneath the trees . I am so happy with the work they did, I will use them again and will recommend them to my family and friends. They aren't the cheapest ones, but in our opinion, they are the BEST ONES!!!

Description of Work
Trimming & Removal of trees.

09/30/2013

Greg J.

Quickly and smoothly. Two guys showed up with the work order and asked for confirmation of what we wanted to be done. They then set to work trimming. When that was done, they blew the debris off the roof as well as off of our driveway and hauled it out to thier truck. Then one of them came back with a sprayer and treated the diseased are on the tree trunk. They then asked us if that was everything we needed and left when we confirmed that it was.

Description of Work
Treated a diseased spot and trimmed a large crepe myrtle.

06/08/2013

SARA ANN B.

This is a follow up to the excellent service I received in January when I bought and had planted a Texas Persimmon out in front of my townhouse. The little tree is growing fast, but it needed to be braced due to the high winds we have here on my street. I called and spoke with Robin. He promised to stop by when his crew had work in the area. Sure enough I arrived home one day last month to find the Persimmon braced for future growth. No charge from Champion. I definitely recommend this tree company.

Description of Work
Braced a young tree he had planted for me in January.

01/07/2013

SARA ANN B.

I hired Champions to replace a scrawny tree outside by the curb of my street. City of Houston has rules regarding replacement trees and Champions was helpful in advising me as to which permitted tree would be best for the location (I needed drought tolerant, slow growing). Robin was my contact and we communicated via phone and email to pick the tree. He came out with his crew today and they did an excellent job for me.

Description of Work
Source for new tree

10/30/2012

Jeffrey K.

Trees were trimmed ok. Needed to come back out and trim in places they missed. They said they fed the trees but I didn't think they did. I had to ask the people to call their crew who was suppose to feed the trees to confirm they had performed the services. The crew said they were not able to spray or feed the trees. I asked the gentlemen to let me know when the crew would be back at my house so I could check and see if the trees were fed. I did not here back from the company so I called a week or so later and was informed they had come out and fed the trees. I never saw any marks on the ground from the feeding. I not sure they ever fed the trees or sprayed the blueberry bushes. You would think they would leave a note letting you know they had performed the services at your home.

Description of Work
Trim and feed trees . Spray blueberry trees.

07/04/2012

Geraldine R.

A large limb came down in the middle of the night fortunately causing very little damage. As this was the 2nd one in a short period of time we called Champions Tree Service to advise us on the action we should take. They suggested that the tree may last another couple of years but the angle was such that if it came down it was probably going to land on the roof. They also advised us to have trimming and limb removal done on other trees to avoid future damage. We decided not to take a risk of the tree coming down and proceeded to have the tree removed and stump ground and the other tree work completed. The crew turned up on time and worked hard for 10 hours to complete the work. This was a major project, requiring a crane to remove the large tree. A pane of glass was cracked during the stump grinding process but Champions Tree sent out a glass company to repair the window. After the tree was taken down it was found that it was rotten all the way through the trunk and it was only a matter of time before if fell down and it would have caused serious damage.

Description of Work
One large tree was removed and trimming and limb removal was done on the other trees around our property

06/26/2012

Anne S.

We had a huge branch that fell off a tree in our front yard. After looking at the tree we noticed it was dying. I called Champions knowing that some of my neighbors have used them and after looking at reviews on Angie's List. They were prompt in coming out the day I called to give us an estimate. They came back a couple of days later and took down the tree and then the next day with a stump grinder. They did a great job. I would use them again!

Description of Work
Removing tree, and grinding stump.

06/24/2012

Richard P.

Champions sent two crews -- one to do the trimming and the other to do the root zone treatment. Both worked quickly and efficiently and cleaned up after themselves. The work was done beautifully.

Description of Work
Champions pruned two pecan trees and performed a root zone treatment on each one.

09/28/2011

Deborah O.

I have used Champions Tree Service exclusively over the years since I have many trees on my property, and I can always depend on the quality of their work. Before Hurricane Ike, we had two huge pine trees removed from my back yard and the trunks were hoisted over my house by a large crane. Our trust in this company was well-deserved. They were proficient. Recently I needed their services. Mr Castellanos arrived on time for our scheduled appointment to give me an estimate to have two drought- stricken trees removed and my Water Oaks trimmed. We agreed on the price and he told me that they could do the work the following day and would call in the morning to schedule a time. At 2:30 P.M. the following day the crew arrived ( on time) and began to work. They finished ~ 7 p.m. cleaned up all debris and left. Once again, a job well done!

Description of Work
Removal of two trees ( one oak and one pine) Removal of two large branches from an oak ree that were hanging over a neighbor's house and garage Trim two Water Oak Trees Stumps cut close to ground