Carpet Giant & Shop at Home Service

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

3407 Gulf Fwy

Houston, TX 77003

Very important, We only install Flooring purchased from Carpet Giant to ensure manufacturers warranties. Family Owned and Operated since 1976! For over 46 years Carpet Giant has been at the same location selling quality flooring to Houston and surrounding communities. Come in today and see the GIANT Showroom and GIANT Warehouse stocked with the latest trends in flooring from all the top manufactures. Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile and Luxury Vinyl Flooring, We Are Your One-Stop Total Flooring Store! We buy carpet by the truckloads and stock pallets & pallets of hard surface flooring. That is why we are able to pass the savings on to you. You Can Save 40-70% On Carpet Every Day! We have such a giant inventory; we really can guarantee “Next Day Installation” on in-stock carpet. Carpet Giant prides itself in having the most experienced Flooring Consultants in the business. Some of our Flooring Consultants have been with us for over 20 years and others have upwards of 40 years’ experience in the flooring industry. We are proud to announce that we have received the 2011 "Pinnacle Award" from The Better Business Bureau and The Award of Excellence for the past 10+ years. We also have received the Super Service Award from Angie’s List year after year. Proving that Carpet Giant is a business you can trust! We invite you to visit us at our Showroom and Warehouse, we are open 7 days a week or schedule a “Shop At Home” appointment and we’ll come to you! We have such a giant inventory of products we really can guarantee “Next Day Installation”. On every invoice the product name, manufacturer, quantity, and price are recorded. All costs are broken down material, labor, tax. At the bottom of every invoice our warranty information and return policy is printed. There are no “hidden costs” at Carpet Giant. The owners of Carpet Giant are on site and are available to help handle any situation that may arise....

carpet installation (246)flooring (154)hardwood floors (26)tile installation (23)carpet cleaning (3)home remodeling (1)

01/20/2022

Vicki D.

Natalie Reed was our consultant. She was knowledgeable about carpet types. She really listened to what we were looking for. She did an accurate measurement of our square footage. We had an estimate from another known local company that was 200 sq ft over what we actually have. Jesus and a helper did the installation. They were courteous and professional. Their workmanship was A+. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
Replacement of upstairs carpet including split staircase (28 stairs)

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/20/2022

03/05/2021

Tim T.

Great. Would recommend and would use again.

Description of Work
Carpet in bedrooms and stairs. Vinyl plank in bathrooms.

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

Review for Carpet Giant & Shop at Home Service - 3407 Gulf Fwy, Houston, TX - 39231420

02/29/2020

JOHN B.

Julie was VERY prompt in coming to our home to give us an estimate. She brought ceramic tile for us to choose from and we really liked one of the samples. We had spare hardwood to use in the family room area. Alex, our installer, called every day he came out to tell us exactly when he would arrive. He worked efficiently and did a beautiful install on both the ceramic tile and the hardwood. Alex also removed and reinstalled the vanity and toilet. We are very pleased with the finished job.

Description of Work
Demo damaged hardwood flooring and replace part with ceramic tile and part with hardwood in water damaged half bath and family room

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

Review for Carpet Giant & Shop at Home Service - 3407 Gulf Fwy, Houston, TX - 38417330

10/30/2019

Hector V.

They performed the work and service with professionalism and esthetics. I did not have to call back for a follow-up service. When the project was complete, my home was left intact and no cleaning was required. I was "completely satisfied' with the service, products, and especially with the salesman, Mr. Francisco Alonso. His knowledge and attention to detail was exceptional and worthy of sharing his expertise in social media.

Description of Work
hardwood floors, carpet

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

10/29/2019

Sandy B.

The installers are very professional and clean up after their installment. I would recommend them to EVERYONE. And you can't beat the price for the quality.

Description of Work
We have been in our home for 20 years. When we first moved in we had the carpet replaced. Francisco Alonso was the sales rep that came out. Since then we have had our carpets replaced with wood floors both up and down stairs. Most recently we had the master area done with wood floors. Francisco is always pleasant and very accommodating. He has become like family doing my daughters and my mothers home!

Category carpet installation,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

10/28/2019

Felica M.

My Account Representative, Francisco Alonso visited with my family on short notice ... as I was in need of new carpet, for the upcoming holiday season. He provided the necessary quotes, which I reviewed, along with other competing bids. Within a few days I made a final decision, to award the job to Carpet Giant. They were not the most cost effective, but certainly affordable, most definitely professional and thorough throughout the entire process. This was a few years ago and my carpet is still beautiful and plush. There’s no question that I will reach out to Francisco Alonso again, when it’s time to entertain new flooring for my home. Carpet Giant does an amazing job and provides a top-rated experience for the customer! I’d recommend to anyone in need of professional flooring. Felica M.

Description of Work
I had new Frieze carpet installed in three bedrooms, a dining room and hallway.

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

09/19/2019

Elizabeth B.

Julie (sales) came out to our house and brought just the type of samples we had described to her. She was very good at helping us select the perfect carpet and tile. The installation team was well trained, clean, on time and very courteous. A great experience for all!!

Description of Work
New carpeting for den and bedrooms, ceramic tile in bathrooms

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

05/30/2019

Ruth M.

Excellent. The crew was exceptional. Manuel was great and I love my carpet.

Description of Work
New carpet in three rooms.

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

Thank you for your business and kind review!

10/21/2018

Randy S.

Carpet Giant is an excellent company that stands by the products and services that they provide and they truly believe in customer satisfaction. The crew that installed my floor was very courteous and professional. I highly recommend Carpet Giant to anyone that is going to spend money on their home or business. I want to thank them for all of their help and support for me and they will always get my business. I'm very glad I chose Carpet Giant.

Description of Work
New floor installation

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new flooring for years to come!

10/10/2018

Leslie V.

It was an excellence across the board. I give them an A.

Description of Work
Flooring

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

Thank you for choosing Carpet Giant! So happy you are satisfied with your flooring.

05/08/2018

Steven I.

I needed a quote the day I called at a specific time (which is an unreasonable request), and Carpet Giant facilitated my needs and sent Ben out to make a sale. The installation was quick, and my family is very happy with the carpet and price.

Description of Work
Carpet replacement

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

Thank you for taking time to post a review. So happy that we could accomodate your schedule on short notice.

01/09/2018

Mark S.

Was completed in one long day. Crew worked hard and steadily. Most of installation was professionally completed. The installers followed the pattern of the previous installation in most places. There is one rough spot where the seam was poorly finished.

Description of Work
Almost 2,000 square feet of carpet replacement.

Work Completed On 12/27/2017

09/18/2017

Alec B.

Ben was an outstanding help in replacing our hurricane damaged flooring.

Description of Work
Carpet and vinyl plank

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

Thank you for the "A" review! So happy to hear that Ben was able to help you with new flooring. I will pass the compliment on to him.

09/08/2017

Thomas S.

After the initial phone call, the installation department called me because I already had the flooring material. I was told by the installation representative that she would be turning over the installation to one of their independent installers because I had not purchased the flooring from Carpet Giant. After 24 hours not hearing from the installer, I called the representative back. She told me she would call the installer to see if he would even do the job. Two days later, and I have heard from neither the installer nor the Carpet Giant representative. I know a lot of people have been negatively affected by the hurricane, but this was a genuine lack of good customer service.

Description of Work
I had damage to some wood flooring due to Hurricane Harvey. I had a box of the flooring material the builder had left, and needed it installed.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

I am very sorry that you did not hear from the installer/sub contractor. As you can imagine, our installers are extremely busy handling installations for our customers. It is our policy to only install flooring that is purchased from Carpet Giant, that way we know what the product is, who manufacturer is & what the warranty is on the flooring. Our installation representative told me she made it clear that if she was able to get a subcontractor to do it that it would not be through carpet giant that it would be directly through the installer as a sub-contractor. I apologize for any confusion. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

09/07/2017

Robert S.

Horrible! The carpet they suggested for us is, after only a few months, dmfar worse than what we had. Stay away from this company

Description of Work
Bedroom carpet replaced

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/06/2017

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], We are searching for your invoice so we can see what carpet you purchased, I only show an invoice for your name & address from 6/30/2015, above you stated it was installed 01/06/2017. Maybe it was under a different name or address? The carpet you purchased in 2015 was an excellent carpet. Please contact Renee Stephenson, our sales manager, so we can find out what kind of carpet it is, all carpets come with various wear & stain warranties. We would like to help you with your carpet 713-224-2213

09/04/2017

Woody H.

Quickly arranged. Properly sized. They only sent one installer so we had to help move things that we expected then to move. Otherwise good experience.

Description of Work
Carpet replacement one bedroom

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

Thank you for the review. Sorry you had to unexpectedly move some items. I hope you are happy with the installation & your new floors.

09/04/2017

Woody H.

They brought the right number of people to get the job done quickly. The movers were great at moving big stuff. They were mediocre at handling the books which they moved out of the rooms but not back in (not that big of a problem, but mildly annoying). Overall, the new carpet looks excellent.

Description of Work
New carpeting in five rooms plus a stairway. I also paid them to bring people to move furniture.

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

06/03/2017

Nabeel Q.

Short story: the product seems decent and well-priced, but the sales rep (Natalie) was unhelpful, bordering on rude, and left the job unfinished despite guarantees that Carpet Giant would "get the job done right" and would "take care of us". Carpet Giant does not care about your home, they just want to make a sale. I cannot recommend them and suggest you look elsewhere if you want a company that will do the job right. ------ ------ Long story: we called and tried to arrange an in-home consultation as the website says we can, but they said I'd have to come in (this was difficult for me, as I'm currently on chemotherapy). When we went in, Natalie was our sales rep, and though she seemed knowledgeable, she didn't really seem concerned about our questions. (For example, I asked "how will they transition from carpet to hardwood?" to which she responded "we'll take care of it, don't worry, it'll look good.") It soon became clear she didn't care at all about our home or helping us get the right carpet, she just wanted to close a deal. We were able to work with another rep for a few moments, Ben (who seemed much more considerate and helpful) but unfortunately Natalie returned and kept trying to push us to make a decision because she wanted us out of the store by 8pm. My wife and I felt fairly comfortable with our carpet choice, but since Natalie kept trying to rush our decision, I suggested to Natalie that we'd come back the next day because I didn't want anything to fall through the cracks. She said "don't worry, we'll get the job done right. We've got high ratings, we'll take care of you." By this time I had my doubts, so I said "Are you sure? You won't leave me hanging if something comes up?" And she assured me everything would be fine. When the installation van came, it was an unmarked, unprofessional van, the guys didn't speak intelligible English, and they arrived late without the necessary tools (they spent another hour going to the hardware store.) They tried to install the carpet in our great room at an odd angle, and we had to supervise them to make sure they did it straight. But worst of all, after installing the carpet in our master bedroom, the door won't close. They took the door off its hinges, as it can't be used now. We called Natalie and reminded her that she said she'd take care of us, but she said it was on us to find a carpenter to adjust the door. We now have to spend more time and money to get the job finished, and to be able to have privacy in our bedroom. This was a breach of trust, highly unprofessional, but sadly predictable given Natalie's attitude in the store. We are very unsatisfied with Carpet Giant, and we suggest you avoid them altogether.

Description of Work
Install carpet in two large rooms (16x16 and 16x20)

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

I apologize that you did not have a good experience with Carpet Giant. It is clearly stated on our invoices that we do not cut doors. I have spoken with all employees involved with the sale and installation of your job to hopefully make sure there is better communication with the customer in the future. I appreciated you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for your business.

03/21/2017

Monica G.

They were on time, good service at a decent price

Description of Work
New carpet in my home

Work Completed On 03/20/2014

Thank you for business & review. Enjoy your new flooring!

03/20/2017

Christie C.

The first time the installers arrived, they informed me that the amount of carpet ordered would requires piecing it together with three different seams - in a 14 by 14 foot room. This was not acceptable. The second time the installer arrived, he had a longer piece of carpet and no helper, though they knew from the time of the first visit by the salesman, that there was a large breakfront which had to be moved. ( I had unloaded every dish and glass, so that it could be moved. These items were all over my living room during all these delays.) Finally they sent an assistant. The carpet was installed nicely and the installers were polite, professional and understanding. The carpet itself seems thin and the seam is quite evident.

Description of Work
I had my dining room carpeted.

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

I am sorry you are not completely satisfied with end results. I am sure they explained to you that carpet comes in 12 ft. width and it is very common to have a room with 1-3 seams, otherwise you would have a giant waste of carpet, to be exact to do a 14 x 14 ft. room with one seam, you would need a 12 x 28 ft,., and would have a 12x10 left over and would have spent double the money. Not sure of the quality of carpet you purchased, but if you have a any problem with it, please don't hesitate to call us.

03/06/2017

Paul C.

Set up a time for a salesperson to come to our home. Described what we were looking for. Liz brought samples out and they were the type we were looking for. We found a color we liked best but wanted it in a heavier carpet. Liz said she thought they had and would come back with additional samples. She then measured the areas that needed carpet and gave us a price for what she had shown us. Liz came back the next day with additional samples and did have what we wanted. The pricing was competitive with other places we had looked. We picked a time we wanted the carpet to be installed and everything was set. The installation went smoothly and we are very pleased with the job. Really nice to do this all at home without having to go into a store, pick out a carpet and then schedule a measure.

Description of Work
Carpet replaced in three bedrooms and hallway.

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

So happy that Liz took care of you, she is one of our best! Thank you for taking the time to write a review & for your business!

12/22/2016

Sterling P.

had to wait for them to level floor when they said it was not needed. laminate still creaks

Description of Work
install laminate wood flooring

Category hardwood floor