Wilson AC & Appliance

Founded 1949 • With Angi since June 2006

4205 E Hwy 290

Dripping Springs, TX 78620

In business since 1949, we provide in-house, factory authorized service on the appliances and air conditioning products we sell. With Wilson AC & Appliance, you get sales, installation and service with the convenience of "one-stop shopping." Additional DBA - Waca Inc....

08/11/2017

Bill N.

He came out the first time and thought he had something fixed, the part was flawed so he had to come out to replace it again and didn't charge us anything. They did a really nice job. He was very professional. The issue came from the part that was flawed, but he took care of it.

Description of Work
He did a repair.

Category small appliance repair

03/14/2017

hidee E.

Great.... arrived on time... got the job finished quickly and cleaned up the area where he worked....

Description of Work
the switch for the fan and light in my JennAire stove burned up and I needed someone on a Saturday. Wilson's sent an incredible repairman and though he didn't have the exact part... he had a part that worked perfectly. He cleaned the area where he worked and was finished very quickly. Great attitude great work@!

01/22/2016

Tom H.

He was very kind and professional. As he was checking things out he told me what the least of the problem could be and what the worst scenario would be and told me what the cost may be so could make an informed decision. Don't lose him! I was contacted the night before to confirm the appointment. Then josh called letting me know he was on his way. He got here 15 minutes later! Outstanding maintenance and customer service! ?

Description of Work
Josh came out to work on our dishwasher. He fixed it and also fixed the handle on our oven.

07/15/2015

Branko H.

We did a 2 phase approach...had them remove the old appliance and deliver the new, then install them a week later so that my husband could make cabinet modifications for the oven/microwave combo. During the un-install/delivery phase, the guys were very helpful in providing suggestions & ideas for the cabinet modifications, and preparing us for a smooth install (like discovering the outlet to the microwave needed switched out). During the install, the guys were very professional, were very kind about our handy work of the cabinet modification efforts, and made the install go very smoothly.

Description of Work
Installation services for our new kitchen appliances

11/19/2013

Douglas B.

We shopped for various appliances (stove, refrigerators, microwave, exhaust vent, etc.) for a new home. We tried a number of other stores, and were unimpressed with the selection and service. (It was a home football Saturday, and no one was shopping but us). Almost ready to give up, we stopped by Wilson Appliance, and were bowled over by their showroom and service from the moment we walked in the door. Their sales staff is first-rate, and advised us on potential situations we might face with our appliances down the road. Ray is the one to talk with, as he knows more about appliances than you are likely to need. If you want pinch pennies, shop at one of the big box stores and roll the dice. If you want your appliances done right, and built to last your lifetime, go to Wilson Appliance: you will be glad you did.

Description of Work
Provided all major appliances for a new home.

Category appliance sales

10/02/2013

elizabeth I.

The sales part went fine. However, the delivery part was not. Our condo has the kitchen on the second floor. The washer/dryer connection is on the third floor. The fridge (a 36and quot; KitchenAid) was too big for the two delivery man who came out to install it. They had to call for help, despite the fact that all information regarding the condo set-up was shared with the salesman, who ended up being the third person to come out to move the fridge in. They scratched, scraped and dented the walls of the stairwell all the way up. My husband had to help them, because three men were not enough, apparently. Eventually, they took the hand railing off the wall by yanking it out of the wall, leaving chunks of plaster on the floor. They did not clean up, although they did reinstall the railing. Then, they didn't bring any shims to insure that the fridge would be level. Next, the washer and dryer went up to the third floor. Despite giving the salesman exact measurement of the depth and width of the area for the W/D, and telling the salesman that it would need to be stacked, no stack kit was brought. So the installation guys had to return later to stack and install the W/D. They gave us a day, but no time, then didn't show until after 5 pm. They stacked and installed the units, then dscovered they were too deep to close the door to the W/D area; this in spite of the fact measurements were given to the salesman before the sale. When I wrote an email to complain about the stairwell being ruined, the reply was and quot;it was more difficult than we thought!and quot; REALLY? Don't use this company. They are not the least bit customer service oriented.

Description of Work
We bought a refrigerator, washer and dryer.

Category appliance sales

09/17/2013

Scott K.

In May we planned the remodeling of our kitchen and selected Wilson A/C and Appliance sales as our potential vendor because they carried all the high end appliances we were considering and had received positive reviews. Oh what a mistake we made in purchasing from them, I wish we could go back and do it again with someone else. It has been such a disappointing experience! On May 23, I e-mailed Wilson for a quote on appliances we were considering. There was no response. I e-mailed again on May 25 and received an e-mail back from Mel (one of their salespersons) responding with a quote - he had sent it to the wrong e-mail address initially. Okay, an error but understandable. In the 2nd week of June my wife and I visited the store. Mel was at lunch so another salesperson (Lynn) helped us. She seemed knowledgeable and friendly and answered many of our questions. We came home, made some decisions and changes and on June 19 e-mailed (to Mel) a request for quotes on two packages and asked two questions (about multi-purchase discounts and time to delivery). Mel acknowledged our e-mail but then did not respond with quotes or answers for 3 or 4 days. I then e-mailed again and called, expressing my dismay at the lack of responsiveness and asking if we might be able to just work with Lynn. Another warning sign we should to which we should have listened. Lynn responded and said she would take good care of us. She sent a quote but didn't answer the two questions. We finally decided to proceed purchasing from Wilson even though by now we were a little concerned about their responsiveness and customer service. My wife visited the store on August 5th to complete the purchase. We bought a SubZero refrigerator, a Wolf Rangetop, Double Oven and Microwave, a Bosch Dishwasher and a Roma Island Mount ventilation hood. My wife told Lynn that we needed the Rangetop to be for propane, not natural gas. Lynn responded that there was natural gas in that area and was my wife sure. Believe me she was sure! We had been looking for homes in that area for months and wanted natural gas (which is only available in a few sections of the neighborhood). We talked about whether there was propane on the property when we purchased the home and my wife actually contacted the propane dealer (Absolute Propane) to come run the line into our kitchen before she went to purchase the appliances. Still, Lynn insists my wife told her she needed a Rangetop for natural gas. Lynn put that on the invoice and we did not catch it (our fault, but still we did tell her we needed propane). The prices at Wilson are okay, but similar to what you could find at any Wolf/Subzero dealer. The total charges came to $27,440 including $1,080 for installation. I was really curious as to what we would get for the installation cost. A couple of questions came up regarding what we needed to do to prepare for the installation (i.e. where the water and electrical hook-ups should be, etc.) and we were left on our own to figure it out. I printed spec sheets from the Wolf/Subzero web-site and we did the best we could. We were also told that the $450 installation of the ventilation hood did not include anything above the ceiling. I mean the $1,000+ was just for delivery and basically plugging stuff in!!! Well, we finally scheduled delivery for Monday, September 16. No time was given for when they would arrive and several calls to Wilson in advance were answered with and quot;Gavin handles the schedule and he's unavailable. He'll have to call you.and quot; Gavin returned our call only once out of several messages. At 1:45, Zach the installer arrived. He was very nice and polite, but we then discover that he doesn't have a part to install the dishwasher (will have to order that and come back), that he can't install the Rangetop because it's for Natural Gas. He called back to Lynn who said again, are you sure they don't have natural gas? Yes, we are SURE! He'll have to order a kit and get back to us. Zach also can't install the ventilation hood because they forgot to tell us we needed a $370 extension to make it work efficiently. We needed to decide if we wanted them to install that (at the additional cost) and he'd have to order it and maybe it would get here on Friday. Zach couldn't install the refrigerator because we had the electrical box in the wrong place (close but not where it needed to be). Again, that was our error but we received NO help or communication from Wilson. So Zach did get the double oven and microwave installed and left. We now get to wait at least another week - no definite time given on when the other parts will be in and when they'll be back to install things - to have a functioning kitchen! When you buy high-end appliances and spend as much as one would for a car I guess I expected a little service! It has been a horrible experience. We wrote the manager and Lynn and she did call to apologize and say they would not charge us the $370 or the ventilation hood part. But she also insisted we asked for a Natural Gas Rangetop and could not give us a firm date on when the rest of our appliances would be installed. Disappointed, disappointed, disappointed!!! Try someone else, I wish we had!

Description of Work
We purchased a full line of high end (Wolf and Subzero) appliances including a refrigerator, double oven, microwave, dishwasher and hood vent. We also paid for delivery and installation of the appliances.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,appliance sales

12/01/2012

Louise N.

When we originally called on a Friday, they could not schedule us until Monday. However, they called on Saturday to let us know there had been a cancellation, which we happily took. The technician arrived within the target time range. He was very professional and set up a computer to do diagnostics on our dishwasher. He quickly determined that the problem was with the electric circuit, not with the dishwasher. He helped me to get the circuit working again, and the dishwasher has been working fine in the week since. I was pleased with everything except that the price was relatively high. However, we needed a company who would do warranty work for Bosch, so we were a little stuck. I was especially impressed that they called me when they had a cancellation for Saturday. That was quite helpful for us.

Description of Work
Our dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle. There was no electricity to it and we did not know if a circuit board had blown or it was an electric problem. No other outlets in the house had stopped working and all the GFIs were set. Since the dishwasher is under 2 years old and still under warranty for the electronic components, I called Bosch to find out who the warranty service providers in our area are. They directed me to three places and we selected Wilson based on their positive reviews here on Angie's List. They told me when I booked the appointment that the price would be $99.95 for the diagnostic visit, plus any additional costs incurred on site. They also told me that if it turned out to be a warranty issue, Bosch would cover the costs.

Category appliance repair

02/16/2012

Sandra L.

They are reliable, easy to work with, and they are great.

Description of Work
I purchase my appliances from them.

02/10/2012

Joe B.

They were very professional, arrived on time, and did a good job with the repairs.

Description of Work
They worked on our Thermidor range.

Category appliance repair

Legacy Heating And Air Conditioning Services

Legacy Heating & A/C Services is a family owned and operated company. We are a customer service driven company. Our technicians are not commission based. We view ourselves more like educators rather than salesmen. We really care! Let us show you the difference. At Legacy we are concerned with more than just the bottom-line. With Legacy, we are here for YOU! We are here to provide a real service and hold ourselves to a higher standard than anyone else in our industry. Integrity, Honor, Service, Reliability

Offers by Legacy Heating And Air Conditioning Services on Angi
    Jon Wayne Service Company

We are proud to be San Antonio's largest residential heating and air conditioning contractor. From the moment you call until the job is done, our goal is your 100% satisfaction. If the job is not done right, we will make it right.

Tri-City Air Conditioning & Heating

Tri-City AC & Heating is a family owned and operated full service HVAC/R company that specializes in hvac/r solutions for our clients. We approach our customers hvac/r issues, with prompt, honest, and top-quality service from residences to national commercial facilities. Our background extends back 3 generations, and our family is proud to serve yours, for many more years to come.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Appliance, refrigerator, coffee system, vacuums, dryers, HVAC, hardware, accessories, cabinetry, sales & installation.