Black Tie Moving

Founded 2012 • With Angi since June 2013

Black Tie Moving is a first class relocation company which provides highly trained, professional, well conditioned, and clean cut gentlemen who provide the perfect move. We use the newest trucks, equipment, and technology to ensure that your move is completed safely and efficiently. At Black Tie we know how stressful moving can be so we roll out the red carpet for you on moving day and provide a level of customer service that is next to none. We provide a full concierge moving service at a very affordable price. We treat every single one of our customers like VIP's and make sure your moving experience exceeds any and all expectations. Winner of Dallas A-list 2013. We are licensed, bonded, and insured with over 25 years of moving experience! Our incredible team of moving consultants, estimators, and operations managers keep you updated throughout the process so you know exactly what to expect. Black Tie has an all inclusive fee structure that is extremely transparent so there are no surprises when the final bill arrives upon completion of your move. We look forward to earning your business and becoming your trusted mover for life! Licensed, insured, and bonded. US DOT #2407712, TX DOT#006733496C, Progressive ins policy #02250716 All inclusive rates: 2 men - $99.00 per hour, 3 men - $149.00 per hour, 4 men - $189.00 per hour....

Champion Home Services

We specialize in all phases of remodeling for your home, business, bathrooms, kitchens, finishing basements, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Nuovo Designs

09/17/2021

Larry R.

The coordination and flexibility of this company was amazing. They showed up when they were scheduled and worked hard and fast. When we got to the facility they had a fire drill which shut down the elevators and they could not get them to come back on line while we were moving and those poor guys had to carry the furniture down the stairs. The guys truly went above and beyond. We could not have been happier with our decision to go with Black Tie Moving.

Description of Work
Moved parents into an assisted living facility

Category carpet cleaners

11/23/2020

Katrina R.

We had a very disappointing experience with Black Tie. First of all, when we called to get a quote, it was conveniently not mentioned that we should expect to pay an additional fee for "packing materials" used to move our items. This ended up costing us around $250 more than the initial quote. The individuals sent to move us were unbelievably careless, resulting in severe damage to our flat screen TV and several other items. We had specifically requested a TV box - and agreed to pay extra for it - to mitigate this risk which the movers conveniently forgot. Instead, they wrapped a $1,000 TV in a blanket and set it on the floor of the truck. Needless to say, both legs of the tv broke, the siding on the bottom was split, and the TV is completely useless now. Further, the individuals were incredibly lazy and slow, often times seen chatting by the truck instead of moving items. This resulting in a two bedroom apartment move taking 4 hours, ridiculous considering the majority of our items were moved out in 45 minutes. It was very apparent that they were "eating time" to try to get more $$ for the job. Furthermore, the team disappeared for an ENTIRE HOUR driving to our new home - what were were told was a quick "stop and grab drinks". For reference it takes about 10 minutes to drive between locations in medium traffic. Once they finally arrived, the entire team reeked of cigarette smoke - a smell that is still present in our new home as a result. All around, not a pleasant experience and not a company we will be recommending to friends and family.

Description of Work
Moving a two bedroom apartment into a townhome

09/01/2020

Craig H.

It did not go well, my daughter was moving from a 1 bedroom apt to another apt ~1 mile away. We followed all instructions including reserving parking and elevator times scheduled for 1-5pm. They told us we would be contacted prior to our schedule so when it was 1:15pm and no communication we reached out to make sure they did not forget us...it took them over an hour to give us a call back and they were running late and would be at our location at ~3pm. They did show up and after answering their questions over the phone and started moving our boxes. 2 hours later we arrived at the new location and found out the facility closes the moving elevator and parking at 5pm. This resulted in the movers having to park in the street and walk the boxes/furniture through the parking garage and up to the new apt. Finally at 7:30pm when the truck was empty they charged me for the full time, I asked them about working with me on all the additional time it took to move everything after hours and they told me that as long as they get there within their window they will charge anyone. So remember if you schedule these guys and have anything on your end that your responsible for...make sure you schedule it for the time allowed outside the window promised. On top of of gouging an extra hour and half they damaged 2 corners of the leather couch. It is all up to me on getting this fixed. I will definitely use someone else for my next move.

Description of Work
Moving a 1 bedroom apt to another location one mile away

03/22/2019

Natalie C.

Thoughtful, respectful, courteous, careful, thorough crew. We couldn't be happier with our move, our 5-man moving crew. And the pricing was more than fair with no hidden fees. We even received a 10% police discount. We would definitely recommend BLACK TIE MOVING SERVICES, and will use them for all our future moving needs.

Description of Work
Residential move

10/02/2018

Lynn K.

Kevin and Wesley were AMAZING!!! They were on time, incredibly careful with everything and unpacked it all on the back end even though I had originally not planned to do that. They organized the kitchen perfectly for a Senior and they were so courteous!!!! I LOVE Black Tie Movers and can’t recommend them highly enough!

Description of Work
Moving my mom into senior living apartment

09/03/2017

Kristin O.

Ray and Carl with Black Tie Movers did an incredible job. They were friendly and conversational while working quickly and efficiently. I had a very negative experience with another moving company 2 days before and was forced to cancel. My original move was on a Saturday and I had a group of people scheduled to help. Postponing the move meant I had no help. As a female with a herniated disc, a bad knee, and a 2nd floor apartment, I was panicked! Black Tie Movers was able to get me scheduled within 2 days and Ray and Carl came and saved the day. I will definitely be trying to book them for my next move.

Description of Work
Moving services

08/12/2017

Steven C.

On move-in day the moving team of 4 guys and two trucks were prompt and worked hard and answered any questions we had. Workers were experiences, except for maybe one, and got us moved in as well as following us over to our storage unit and loading up stored items there and bringing them back over to new home. Only casualty was a broken pane of glass on side of china cabinet. Cory recommended McKenzie & Pain for replacement and covered the cost. Few minor items such as bolts not tightened up on headboard by inexperienced team member but otherwise a very satisfying move experience provided. Completed in about 6 hours

Description of Work
Moving from our 2-story 2800sq ft. home of 23 years to a new home. Cory Carpenter came promptly to give estimate and gave us guaranteed price would not exceed but that it could be less based on their hourly rate. We wrapped and prepped several items ourselves (china, photos from walls and shelves, etc...) to save time. We also moved several items ourselves during week prior and after move day since we had time to do that.

04/26/2017

David A.

We tried to pack as best we could but there was still a big mess on the day they arrived to move us. They packed up the rest of our stuff and eased our stressed out tensions with their positive attitude and demeanor. Even though it was a pay by the hour service, the movers busted their butts the whole time, no long breaks, just hustle hustle hustle. When we got to Mobile, they were already ready to move us in. Our new apartment is on the second floor but no complaints or lack of speed on the other end of the move either. The same people packed and unpacked us on both ends, so we knew our belongings were not just handed off to someone else at any point. Best thing of all, instead of our last move that went over our quoted costs, Black Tie came in at the very low end of the estimate they had given us. Fantastic job and if we ever move again (hopefully not!), would call them in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
We were moving from Memphis, TN to Mobile, AL on sort of short notice. It was a packed 2-bedroom apartment.

03/17/2017

Ryan B.

I was so pleased with Black Tie Moving. Setting the appointment was easy and pleasant, the crew arrived exactly on time (short one of the promised movers but the rate was adjusted to compensate the missing worker). The three guys who moved us did a *fantastic* job. They got right to work, and didn't stop until the move was completely done (nearly nine hours later. They didn't even break for lunch or dinner, despite us providing them food and drinks. I guess they ate in the truck on the way to the new place). They were very careful with furniture, worked quickly and efficiently with zero time wasted, and had great friendly attitudes during the entire move. We had one piece of furniture that was a very tight fit into the doorway of the room it needed to go to. They all worked together and went above and beyond to make sure they got it safely where it belonged without damaging walls or doorways (this involved removing an exterior door, which they did carefully, and put everything right back where it belonged when they were done). Their pricing quote was a bit higher than some of the other moving quotes I got, but I thought the price I paid was very fair, considering the amazing amount of work they accomplished in the time they had, and how easy they made my move overall. Moving is always stressful but Black Tie really made it as smooth as possible, and I am so happy that I chose them for my move.

Description of Work
Local move from Irving to Fort Worth, 2700 sq foot house to 3500 sq foot house.

02/25/2017

Michelle B.

The team was awesome, made fast and fun work of my move. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moving Services

Category moving companies

Moving, carpet cleaning, packing, storage, organizing, home cleaning, home concierge & utility concierge.