AmeriTint

Founded 1987 • With Angi since February 2007

106 Mapleleaf Lane

Coppell, TX 75019

Founded in 1987, AmeriTint has been servicing Dallas & Fort Worth home and business owners for over 25 years. We are proud of our A+ business rating! We offer Solar Control Window Films, Decorative and Privacy Window Films, Safety and Security Films, Window Cleaning/Detailing, Solar Shading Window Screens, Roller Shades, Insulated Glass Replacement, and Energy Efficient Full Window Replacement Systems. We now have All Types of New Replacement Windows including: Vinyl, Aluminum, Fiberglass, Wood Clad...all with lifetime warranties. At AmeriTint, We are committed to being the window service company the DFW Metroplex turns to for all window improvement needs. Our professional staff and dedicated service partners deliver our great products and services fast and efficiently. We carry a long list of top quality product brands that we are proud to stand behind: 3M, Vista, Milgard, Burris Windows, LLumar, Don Young Company, Suntek, Solar Zone, Phifer, and Sheerweave just to name a few. We have a very low warranty claim rate, but when we do have a warranty issue, It Gets Handled Right Away by AmeriTint...no questions asked. Ask us about our specials for Angies List Members!...

window tinting (43)window replacement (13)window security film (6)glass repair (5)window treatment (5)screen repair (2)skylight installation (1)

05/26/2020

Sean S.

Kurt is the most professional, detail-oriented service professional I have ever worked with. After taking a look at my windows he made the recommendation to replace the 25+ year old glass, but not the entire units (something I truly appreciated his honest assessment of). He followed up our consultation with extensive context and notes on the project, and quoted me a price that was very competitive with the research I had completed on my own. At the lasts minute, I figured I would ask him if he could also fix the siding / wood rot around the entire exterior of the house. Even though this fell outside of his specialty, he found a way to make it work and quoted me a very fair price for the requested services. We decided to hire him for both projects, and the level of detail with which both were completed was incredible. He made frequent trips to our house to ensure everything was done perfectly, and the end result was nothing short of amazing. If you're looking into replacement windows, do yourself a favor and stop looking elsewhere. Kurt is your guy. Take it from someone who is a perfectionist and researches every project for months on end before deciding. You'll be thrilled when you choose AmeriTint.

Description of Work
Window Glass Replacement

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Review for AmeriTint - 106 Mapleleaf Lane, Coppell, TX - 38592542

10/16/2017

Reason M.

With his customary meticulous attention to detail, Kurt applied the totally opaque film to the two sliding glass doors in the master bathroom. His years of experience was evident in the speed and accuracy of his work. However, he's not happy with his work until you are happy with it. I can't speak highly enough of his workmanship or his cordial and friendly disposition. Thank you Kurt!

Description of Work
For additional security and peace of mind, the two sliding glass doors in the master bathroom needed opaque film covering for additional privacy beyond just the Venetian blind curtains that we've been using for years.

Category replacement windows,window tinting,window treatments

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

10/16/2017

Reason M.

“On a scale of 1 to 5, I'm a '6-Star' reviewer. Kurt did such excellent job for us the first time that we didn’t even think of shopping around for someone else on the second job we needed done. His work ethic is par-excellent. He is very customer oriented, personable, conscientious, thorough, and detail oriented. For example: When one of the windows had been replaced by another contractor, the wood trim around the window outdoors needed to be touched up with paint after being slightly damaged by the installation. The window installer said he “doesn’t do paint, he only installs windows”. (Translation: “If you want it done, do it yourself or pay a paint contractor $65 to do a 5-minute job”. Yeah, right! - think I’d ever hire him to do anything for me again with that sorry attitude, or ever recommend him to anyone?) When Kurt saw that, he not only painted that trim, he also saw where I had caulked a 5-foot crack at the corner of the house a month earlier, but I hadn’t painted over it yet. He asked me if he could paint that too while he was at it, which he did even though he’s a window film installer, not a painter. That’s Customer Service - above and beyond the ‘call of duty’! Next, as he was driving away after he finished his job (window film application), he suddenly stopped, backed up, came back up to the house, and said he wanted to check one more time to make sure one corner of the opaque window film finally stuck permanently to the window. You talk about being conscience and detailed oriented – wow! I also completely agree with the 5-Star Reviews of the other reviewers, Dave, Jeff, and Jay.”

Description of Work
We needed opaque privacy film applied to 2 sliding glass doors to the outside in our master bathroom.

Category window treatments,security windows

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

07/05/2016

Kevin M.

Kurt arrived on time for our initial consultation. At that time, he addressed my concerns and took notes to accurately estimate the scope of our job. He detailed several products that might work for us but had another product in mind that he wanted to investigate. He had the knowledge of all products on the market. Following our appointment, Kurt sent me a sample of the product he recommended, product specs and answered questions I had regarding product warranty, maintenance, etc. It took a little bit of time to receive the bid and then get scheduled yet I felt confident he would follow through, which he did. We agreed to his bid and scheduled an appointment that worked with our time frame. Additionally, he brought samples for some other windows we are considering tinting in the future. We will call AmeriTint again.

Description of Work
We needed solar tinting on 10 skylights in our home.

Work Completed On 06/11/2016

08/23/2015

seth T.

Spent a week or two earlier this summer/spring discussing the scope of work and specifically what types of glass and coatings were needed. I was particular about the need for a second low e-coating on the interior of the glass and for security film in some locations (protection from storm/high winds). Ultimately went with cardinal glass for the supplier. Cardinal has a very informative online catalog where you can see how much energy savings each coating will save you per sq foot of glass under certain conditions (summer/winter, conductive vs radiative losses). The south wall of our house is basically all glass with minimal direct solar exposure so I am mainly concerned about the insulation properties of the glass in winter, over decreasing solar gain. The two coatings and security film added a couple thousand dollars to the quote (about ~$100 per window) but given the energy savings I thought it was worth the extra cost. It took a few weeks to fabricate the glass and then the team came in to install the glass. Sliders went in the first week followed by the picture glass the next week (just one or two days were needed for each phase). There were the usual hiccups with any construction project (some of the pieces were slightly off spec or the coatings were inverted and had to be re-built). These issues were communicated to me in a timely manner and the fixes required an additional install day but were otherwise transparent. This project was completed on time and on budget and the quality of the work was excellent. Kurt and his team were very professional and our experience was basically as turn key as it gets. Although I do not have any delusions about a window project of this size paying for its self while we still own the house I must say that the house is now much colder this summer and it looks great. It has gotten to the point that the wife asked that we increase the thermostat 3 degrees because she was too cold! Depending on who you read this could equate to a 10% or more electrical savings.

Description of Work
Replaced 28 of the house's original single pane windows with dual pane argon filled windows. Windows has low-e coatings applied on two surfaces as well as security film on about 1/2 of the pieces. 6 of the windows were sliders and many of the larger picture windows were up to 4 x 7 feet. Some newer sliders had security film added. New stops and sills were put in and painted. Average of 680 per window installed was less that I was expecting to pay for this much glass.

Category glass repair,replacement windows,window tinting,security windows

Work Completed On 08/01/2015

07/02/2015

Dean B.

I had contacted several companies regarding the installation of Solar Screen's on our home's windows, however most designs were to fasten the screens directly on the window frames. After confirming this approach would void our window's warranty, most companies did not want to think outside the box. Upon contacting AmeriTint and having a brief discussion with Kurt, he designed a custom solution to anchoring the screens to our home. The whole job was professionally done from the initiation to completion and Kurt was on hand the entire job. I couldn't have asked for a better finished product. I would highly recommend AmeriTint to anyone considering installing Solar Screens on their home.

Description of Work
Installation of Solar Screens on newly replaced vinyl windows.

Category screen repair,replacement windows,window tinting

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

01/06/2015

William N.

I was very satisfied. I spoke with the owner of the company and he was great. He came by and did the estimate. He sent his best installer to do it here and the guy worked great. You can’t really go wrong using these guys.

Description of Work
I used AmeriTint. They did a tinting on the window. I didn’t want a tint, what I wanted was the security feature of that process, so they put the tinting on the window with security features, so it has value and energy saving features as well.

Category window tinting,window treatments

Work Completed On 06/15/2014

12/18/2014

Richard H.

This is a great company. Mark is friendly and courteous to deal with regarding the quote process. Brad is a fantastic installer, polite, friendly, professional, and good at what he does. He takes pride in his work and it shows. The Vista film is expensive as is the installation, but the results are outstanding. The installation was flawless. The film itself has performed beautifully with reduction in glare, heat, and no more fading of furniture and floors from UV rays. My installation was done on a lot of large single pane windows so there is no room for error as imperfections and flaws would easily show. The first half the house was done three years ago and still looks like day one. I have had no issues or need to call them back for either installation. I highly recommend Mark and Brad if you want a high quality product and installation.

Description of Work
Tinted windows in house with Vista Film

Work Completed On 12/17/2014

06/04/2014

DONNA P.

First contact using Angie's list messaging system and email was answered in a timely manner. Mark called and set up appointment for inspection of areas needing protection from sun, measurements and explanation of product and tint. Mark left samples of material to be used and tint colors. Bid was expeditious and appointment was set making certain technician was professional installer of home windows and installation of tint to my car. Chad arrived on time, calling a half hour prior to appointment time. Installation of film began about 8:15am and was completed at 3:00pm. Chad worked tirelessly through lunch with no breaks taken. The tint was an immediate heat deterrent and defused the harsh sunlight from the morning sun. Tint to the car is wonderful! I am delighted with the entire experience and professionalism of the team at AmeriTint.

Description of Work
Came to home, suggested film to be installed, sent bid by email, appointment set, installation of film on windows (including car), cleaned up debris.

Work Completed On 06/03/2014

05/06/2014

David F.

Service was fast, quick and efficieint. Owner brought samples, reviewed options and installed within the week.

Description of Work
provided window tint and services for master bedroom French pane windows. So far so good. Its been a few months and they are working well keeping the heat out and ac working less to cool more.

Work Completed On 03/15/2014

05/05/2014

greg J.

Mark was great to work with, brought a bunch of samples all the way out to my house to explain the differences and show me what they would look like. He was very professional and knowledgeable. They came back within about a week or so once I scheduled service, and the tint looks amazing. The job only took a couple hours and everything looks great. I would highly recommend using Ameritint and would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Tinted 8 tall windows in living room.

Work Completed On 04/11/2014

02/07/2014

McKee S.

Great! They had some suggestions for the type of sunscreen to use. We were tinting the windows in a sunroom that was very hot before - the air conditioning could not cool it. After the sunscreen was installed, the room is still 1 or 2 degrees hotter than the rest of the house, but only on the hottest of days. A few months later, one of the panels of screen started to come loose and they were very quick to come out and fix it.

Description of Work
Tinting the windows.

Category screen repair,window tinting

Work Completed On 07/10/2013

10/07/2013

Kerry R.

This is easy - Mark was great. I would recommend these guys to my closest friends and family without hesitation - Eric the installer same thing!

Description of Work
Tinted all interior house windows

Work Completed On 09/24/2013

09/18/2013

Kate C.

BID PROCESS: Ask for Kurt (one of the owners). AWESOME guy! Easier to negotiate with when it comes to pricing (than Mark). Aside from that, Kurt gave us an extensive Residential window Tint 101 when he came over to take the measurements for the quote - which we appreciated. Reasonable pricing + wealth of information + customer oriented attitude = decision to go with Ameritint after getting bids from 3 other companies (2 of the other bids even came in lower). INSTALLATION: Crew arrived on time and did the install with such cheer that one would think they're at a party not a job. It was just the right amount of joviality that it was actually admirable, not offensive. Mark (one of the owners) was on site to help and supervise. They finished a little later than expected but it didn't really pose a problem for us. Cleaned up after themselves when they were done. We were very satisfied with the whole process!

Description of Work
Window tint install - $2,500 for 445 sf windows/doors (Llumar DR25 labor + materials) Arched pane replacement - $240 (window pane with tint)

Category replacement windows,window tinting

Work Completed On 07/20/2012

Thank you for the great review [member name removed]! We appreciate your trust in us and our company! Kurt and I both enjoyed working with you guys and want to thank you again for the business. And yes you're right! Someone has to keep him Kurt in line! Best Regards, Mark

07/17/2013

Robert C.

We had a positive experience with AmeriTint, and we recommend them highly. When I first called AmeriTint, I spoke with Beth, who was knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. She set up an appointment with Mark Wallach, who came to our home a few days later to give us a free estimate. Mark thoroughly explained all of the products and services provided by AmeriTint that would be appropriate for our home. Mark's recommendations suited our tastes, needs, and budget perfectly. Two of our windows needed to be replaced, and AmeriTint handled the window replacement also. The person who came to our home to install the window film was Eric, and he did an excellent job. Eric is a pleasant young man who got along so well with our dog that she followed him around the house while he did his work. From start to finish, all of the folks with AmeriTint were pleasant and professional. We give them our highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Window tinting on all windows of a two-story house and replacement of two windows.

Category glass repair,replacement windows,window tinting,security windows

Work Completed On 06/18/2013

07/12/2013

Darci H.

The experience was great, I don't have any complaints whatsoever. I did it to save energy on my energy bill, but I was really surprised at how it improved the look of my house and it added value to my house. They were here when they said they would be here, every thing was easy, no high pressure sales and it was a wonderful experience.

Description of Work
We used AmeriTint. They replaced our windows for us.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/30/2013

06/26/2013

Katherine T.

Mark, the owner, was terrific. He was on time, gave us a good bid, told us exactly what would happen and that is just what did happen. The intallers were professional, experienced and did a great install. They even took their shoes off at the door without being asked. Mark was flexible in terms of payment and in terms of scheduling. I was pleasantly surprised that he could also provide glass replacement. In the future, I intend to call Mark for any glass or tinting needs.

Description of Work
The owner of the company came to the house and showed us samples of all the products and explained the differences in price and tint levels. He gave us a bid that evening by email. We had six windows that needed glass replacement. He also does glass replacement and advised us to go with a thicker glass than the original windows had. We set a date for the install. The new glass was delivered already tinted and installed proferssionally. We have three tansom windows that needed tint and another installer came to apply the 3M tint material; he also did a very professional job. We saw a few small bubbles on the glass that had been installed and he without a peep volunteered to strip off the tint and redo it on the spot.

Category glass repair,window tinting,security windows

Work Completed On 06/25/2013

06/14/2013

Rachel K.

Mark was very efficient and helpful in the estimates. The installation was done very professionally and we are pleased with the results! The rooms are much cooler now and the views are unobstructed.

Description of Work
Mark came to our house to estimate and explain the process involved with the window film. He made suggestions as to which product would work best and the tints he thought would work best. He seems to have a lot of knowledge in this are since he used to work in the manufacturing of the products . I chose Ameritint over a competitor for this reason.

Work Completed On 05/08/2013

05/15/2013

Luke V.

They did a very good job. They were very professional and did a great job of explaining the work to me.

Description of Work
Tinted the windows in my living room and bedroom.

Work Completed On 04/18/2013

04/29/2013

Sheri N.

This is an amazing company!! The owner came within two days of my call and the work was done efficiently and timely.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 windows and tinted 8.

Work Completed On 06/01/2012

04/15/2013

C G.

We will use them moving forward--hands down.

Description of Work
We wanted to tint one of the large wall windows in the front of our house. We'd struggled to find a good, reputable service provider for months. We came to Angie's list and found AMERITINT. They were out in a day and had the job done in less than one hour. Their business card in definitely in the "keep" file. Nice job, AMERITINT!

Work Completed On 03/15/2013

04/12/2013

Patricia H.

He was excellent. He brought over 3 or 4 different shades that he could tint on the windows and helped us choose which shade went best with the interior colors of the room. He was meticulous and fast. The price was extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
Had he come in and tint the sliding doors at my property.

Work Completed On 03/14/2013

03/12/2013

Chris S.

Everything went great. Communication was excellent. Mark was very good at explaining everything and very quick with responding to us. Had some tint that rolled up after install and they were back asap to fix it. Only reason I gave a B on price is that I didn't check to see if there was better. Price was good for the job.

Description of Work
have several windows tinted at my house.