Handyman Connection of Austin-Westlake

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2006

6429 Burnet Ln

Austin, TX 78757

We specialize in Small to Med. Home Repairs, Home Maintenance, and Remodeling. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. May contact through email. Award winning....

04/11/2019

Christin E.

Hired them to seal slow-leaking French Doors and replace surrounding wood floor and trim. Repair showed signs of damage about a year later meaning leak was not properly fixed. Company was shared this information via email/no response.

Description of Work
French Door Leak Repair Failed

Category handyman service, water damage restoration, woodworking, interior painters, doors

I understand your frustration. All of our work has a one year guarantee. We cannot control rot due to lack of overhang or gutters. Rain is very powerful. I would like for you to call me and we can discuss. 512-418-0800. We will work with you. Thanks Rene Owner

03/08/2019

Anne W.

I had been having a hard time getting someone to come out and assess the situation. Not a straightforward replacement/repair. The quotes I'd gotten from other companies/individuals were really high, IMO. HC was able to send someone out within a few days to go over the options and was able to start/finish the same day! Michael, the handyman, did a great job explaining options and had a calm, "can do" attitude. The simple solution he came up with saved me a lot of money. Plus, he made some thoughtful upgrades that I wouldn't have remembered. I like that HC is a company with multiple handymen.

Description of Work
Repair/replace mailbox/post

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate the business. Pls let us know if you have any other needs.

01/31/2019

Sherra H.

Great service. They even had to make a run to Home Depot to pick up a special tool. They had to spend extra time because of this but didn't charge any extra. Friendly and great work. They also pointed out some damage on my chimney that may cause problems in the future. Offered to give an estimate for that repair to prevent future problems.

Description of Work
Faucet cartridge replacement and ceiling fan replacement.

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

Thanks for your business. We appreciate the kind words.

06/26/2018

Tim M.

Came to my place fast and evaluated the area thoroughly. (I hired someone else for unrelated reasons.)

Description of Work
Termite damage repair

Category handyman service

Thanks for your business!!

06/11/2018

Mark S.

The actual work itself was great. Although I expected to have more than one person show up, Michael did great work and put a lot of hard effort in some difficult door entries. I definitely wouldn't have had the patience he had in putting those new doors in. The only criticism I have is that if you are having a large project, its important to clarify how big your team is going to be and if you have them available for consecutive days. Scheduling end up causing this project to be drawn out over 2-3 weeks. Had it been scheduled properly, it probably could've been done within a week. Despite the delay, the quality of work was not effected, but we did have to take on some of the work ourselves to compensate for the delays and our tight timeline.

Description of Work
Painting, door replacement, sink replacement, and plumbing.

Category handyman service, plumbing, interior painters, doors

10/29/2017

Karen L.

Have used Handyman Connection previously with very good results. Different handyman, Preston, had my area this time and was apprehensive. He provided very good quality and was professional, prompt and courteous. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Replace handrail picket. Replace front door hinges and adjust door to lock easily. Replace bottom of clothes hamper. Repair roof overhang. Repair wood deck joists.

Category handyman service

Thank you very much for the business and the positive review Frank

10/23/2017

Natasha B.

Replaced all missing tiles and removed mold.

Description of Work
Tile repairs in bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service

09/11/2017

Barbara W.

It went great! A company representative came over to see what needed to be done, and to give me an estimate. The work was done on time, and the workmanship was great!

Description of Work
I needed someone to install a tile back splash in my kitchen. I had already purchased the tile, I just needed the installation.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

09/11/2017

MARIE M.

The moisture had been getting under there, so they replaced it. They did a great job, and did exactly what they said they would. The management also stays in touch to make sure everything is going well which I really liked. The price was really good as well. For the work they did, I think I picked the right people. They were very timely. I have used them in the past, and would recommend them.

Description of Work
They fixed the top of my Facia Board on the front of my house.

Category remodeling

08/03/2017

sharon A.

Great - Daniel W - the carpenter they sent - did a better job than I expected. I am very happy with his work which was on budget and on time.

Description of Work
Install wood railings on front porch

Category handyman service, woodworking

06/20/2017

Kimberly P.

The estimate was provided on a Thursday and work completed the following Monday. The work was completed in one day and there was great attention to detail. I do wish the estimate had also included an estimate for materials, as the materials did raise the overall cost by $150 Again, the professionalism and workmanship was outstanding so we would choose to work with them again.

Description of Work
Replace door frame and install exterior door and lock set

Thank you very much for your business [Member Name Removed]

05/15/2017

Deanna G.

They took longer than expected and went over budget. Not happy.

Description of Work
Bathroom cabinet and floor - they tried to talk us into more work than we wanted to do.

Category handyman service

[Member Name Removed] I am sorry you had less than a great experience with us. Let me know if there is anything we can do to make it a better experience in the future for you or our other customers. Thank you for your feedback Frank

04/26/2017

Diana G.

It went well and we are satisfied with the work. It was a bit expensive, but we have had several issues with doors and some were not resolved successfully.

Description of Work
We had three outside doors needing weatherstripping and several just in need of minor service.

Category handyman service, doors

Thank you very much for your business and your kind review. Look forward to helping you in the future when needed. Thanks [Member Name Removed]

04/03/2017

Brandy W.

Excellent! Rudy Cruz was friendly, professional and did excellent work!

Description of Work
ceiling repair in garage from overflow in AC

03/27/2017

Barry/Linda D.

Initially we were very pleased with team and workmanship. Shortly after work was completed, we noticed a crack that follows where wall was removed on both the ceiling and the remaining perimeter wall. Have not called for repair as yet.

Description of Work
Non-structural wall between 2 rooms was removed. Area drywalled, missing floor tiles added, area re-textured. A light switch was relocated along with an electric outlet. Three light fixtures taken down, on re-installed.

Category handyman service

Member Names Removed] please get in touch with us to discuss any repairs needed. Thanks Frank

03/21/2017

christian P.

The service went very well. Great, professional, and prompt service!

Description of Work
Hired for door maitenance

Thank you very much for your business [Member Name Removed]

02/13/2017

sylvia P.

Professional. Showed up on time. Courteous

Description of Work
Sealing put around doors

Category handyman service, insulation, doors

Thank you for the work and the kind review. Frank

01/16/2017

David M.

Couldn't have gone better. Our favorite handyman, Frank Fletcher, did a great job assessing the project, measuring the overhangs, ordering the plywood and matching paint, and doing the hard work of installing the new wood and vents around a substantial footage of roof overhang. In the words of my wife, "It's as if the overhangs have always looked this way. Now they look properly finished!" By the way, our Round Rock Cimarron home was built in 1985. And without a doubt, we'll continue to call on Frank Fletcher for jobs around our home. Thx Handyman Connection!

Description of Work
Enclosure and painting all the eaves - 360 degrees - around our home.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Thanks for your business!

01/12/2017

Cathy S.

Rudy Cruz was our Handyman. He arrived promptly and worked tirelessly until the job was done right and we were satisfied. This was not as easy a job as the title may indicate, requiring work inside the wall pocket with a heavy 8 ft. door! We are VERY pleased with his work and politeness/friendly-ness. We will recommend him to friends...

Description of Work
Re-install the track for a pocket door and re-hang and level door

Category handyman service, doors

Thank you very much for the work and the positive revieww Frank

12/27/2016

Karen H.

The man who gave the bid was wonderful and professional. I paid them and ended up having to remove the work done and replace it. The man that came to do the work had a bit of a drinking problem, I wasn't overly comfortable with him in my home.

Description of Work
They were hired to do drywall work in my home.

Category drywall

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry for your experience. Bill no longer works with us. Not sure what "drinking problem" means. Pls call me. Also, Pls call me and I will take care of any problems that may have taken place during this job. So sorry for your experience. We will work hard to get this taken care of for you. Thanks, Rene

12/23/2016

Robin B.

Great customer service, contractor arrived on time, very friendly, did a wonderful job and didn't leave a mess behind like some folks I've used. I'll definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Hired them to fix a large hole in my kitchen wall.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Thanks for your business!! Pls call us if you have anything else that we can assist you or your friends.

12/21/2016

Louis C.

Brandon was great, he showed up on time, asked the price range I wanted to stay within, went over the diffrent options and gave prices for each option and went over the types of woods that are best for Texas weather. I already have more work booked with him after the new year (he even gave me a repeat customer discount)

Description of Work
Tore down old fence and built new one

Category fencing, handyman service

Thanks for using us! We appreciate your business!

12/10/2016

Brenda B.

It went well. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
remove old caulk from around bath tub and sink in kitchen. Replaced with new caulk. Cleaned up after he was done.

Category countertops, handyman service

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks Frank

10/31/2016

Vonzo T.

Their work was timely, cost-effective, and thorough.

Description of Work
Handyman Connection remodeled and retrofitted a bathroom, refinished/repaired 2 of my decks, and constructed shelves for my garage.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, home remodeling

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for your business! It was my pleasure working with you. Pls take care and let us know if you we can help you with anything else. Rene

10/27/2016

Kai C.

They said they could correct my issue. When he showed up and was not able to resolve my problem, he said he didn't have time to help me. He left and told me what I needed to do. He was really rude and aggressive when taking my credit card out of my hand.

Description of Work
I called for them to repair my kitchen cabinet

Category handyman service

I am sorry that this happened to you. Pls call me and I will try to make this right. Rene Salazar

Austin LED Supply

Austin LED Supply is a locally owned and operated LED lighting supply business located in Georgetown, TX. We have more than 10 years of experience in the industry. We sell all kinds of LED lights, fixtures and bulbs. We custom make LED strips orders for all your home and business projects. We will custom make your project to the specifications you are imagining. With the variety of LED strips and aluminum channels available, we will give your home a touch of modernity.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Bathroom & kitchen remodeling, replace faucets, fence repair, painting, door installation interior & exterior, tile installation, replace garbage disposal, replace rotted wood, siding, crown molding, move walls, storm doors, attic stairs installation, attic build out, wall paper removal, popcorn removal, decks stained & built, tub replacement, remove & replace toilets & sinks, minor plumbing & other general home repairs.

Roofing, landscaping & foundation repair.