Glass Doctor of Austin

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2007

9701 Dessau Rd. Ste 805

Austin, TX 78754

We're Travis & Williamson County's leader in home glass installation and repair for windows, frame less shower door glass, tub enclosures, mirrors and tabletop glass. We also service repair and replacement needs for office glass and commercial glass. Glass doctor of Austin even handles auto glass repair and replacement broken windshields, cracked and scratched side door glass for your car & truck. To date, glass doctor is the only full-service glass repair shop in the nation that handles home, office, commercial and auto glass repair and replacement. Award winning. Additional DBA - Shanrock Holdings Inc....

01/30/2020

Helen A.

They did an excellent job! The price was fair and the service was great. I will highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced the kitchen windows.

Category replacement windows

Thank you very much for the review. We love to hear back from our customers on the service we provide.

05/21/2018

Tia M.

We did have another division of this company out to repair a chip on our windshield. All went well...

Description of Work
We needed a bid on having 2 windows reglazed. We have not had the work done.

Category replacement windows,auto glass

Thanks for the positive comments. Home, Auto, Business- all glass service needs are our priority.

02/26/2018

Joe B.

Estimate and installation went very well

Description of Work
window glass replacement

Category glass repair,replacement windows

Late response, but thanks for the positive review. Our goal is to have satisfied customers when the job is complete. From service to quality, all are very important to us.

02/12/2018

Molly S.

Great! We were happy with the entire customer experience. The new glass makes the doors look brand new.

Description of Work
Replace two large tinted glass panes in double front doors

Category glass repair

We really appreciate the review and very glad to hear that the glass made such a nice difference to the look of the door.

01/11/2018

Mitch G.

The initial interactions went smoothly. Prompt response to my initial inquiry, prompt scheduling, and then a professional and helpful tech came out to discuss the problem. He told me I'd hear back from them in a few days. That was nearly three weeks ago. My follow-up email has been ignored.

Description of Work
Panes of glass replaced.

Category glass repair,replacement windows

Very sorry for the lack of response. Looking back there was a question about the style of the unit and if the glass could even have been replaced, but there is no excuse for lack of returned call. As part of improvement plan, we will further review to make sure situations like this do not happen again.

10/20/2017

Heidi C.

they told me up front, on the phone, prior to scheduling that there is a $75 quote fee which will be credited if you choose to hire them. No way to gauge their prices without investing money. This tells me that they probably were giving lots of quotes, and not getting the business, so they decided to charge for quotes. Or they are trying to improve their bottom line. Floyd's came out, measured and gave me a quote for free. I have used them before - a couple of times - over the past 15 years. I contacted Glass Doctor to see what their quote would be, but I am not paying for a quote.

Description of Work
15 windows replaced

Category glass repair,replacement windows

We respect our customers opinions and understand that there are others who do not require this fee. But we ask for this service fee only for requests for large number of fogged windows (never requests for issues regarding broken glass). We are very competitive with our quotes and as identified as a multiple winner of Angie's List Super Service Award, we have proven that we offer excellent service. This fee has nothing to do with our bottom line, but covering the additional time required to measure accurately the number of windows such as requested here.

09/04/2017

Keith F.

On time, finished job faster than expected, lifetime warranty on install, and was lowest price I could find.

Description of Work
Windshield replacement.

Category glass repair,auto glass

Thank you very much for the review. Our goal is to leave a satisfied customer on every service call.

08/23/2017

cheryl T.

The price was average. They are quick, qualified and the price is good. They cleaned up the glass. It was a pretty good size window and there was no broken glass left. They were very clean.

Description of Work
Replacement of a broken glass in the window.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for the review. We are always happy to hear about our service level.

08/21/2017

Mark D.

Price was good. Glass was as expected. Installation went well. Only issue was it took a little longer than expected to get glass available for installation. Was anticipating two weeks and took three before glass and installation took place. Wait was worth it because I got a good price $200 cheaper than competitor.

Description of Work
Installation of a single piece of glass separating tub and shower.

08/07/2017

Renee K.

Easy to schedule, came out to give estimate right on time. Personable and professional guys. Paid half of cost to order glass. Came back as scheduled to install. Top notch company overall!

Description of Work
Replaced glass in house window.

Category replacement windows

Thanks very much for the nice review. Our goal is to have every customer feel like this after every service request.

06/05/2017

Ed D.

Very professional and reliable. Installation went seamlessly. Showed up on time for both estimate and installation.

Description of Work
Replacement of a 4 by 4 foot double-paned glass window panel.

Category glass repair

Thank you very much for the nice comments and grade. Our goal is always to provide quality service with excellent customer support along the way.

06/03/2017

Cheryl T.

It was fine. Very professional workers. In and out with estimate and repair work. Only reason that I didn't rate the quality as excellent is that the weatherstripping on the window was not seated well and looked a little messy. I didn't notice that until the workers left, though.

Description of Work
Shattered glass pane replaced in single pane sliding glass frame at Kitchen sink.

11/14/2016

Richard F.

Called Glass Doctor and they were able to schedule a house call for the following afternoon between 1:00 and 3:00 pm. Technician arrived on time proceeded by a courtesy call informing me he was on the way. He had the molding replaced in about 45 minutes. He was professional, explained exactly what he was going to do and then he did it. Could not be more pleased. Would use Glass Doctor again in a heart beat!

Description of Work
The Rubber Trim along the top of the Windshield on my wife's 2009 BMW 328 was cracked and coming apart from sun damage. It had to be replaced.

Category auto glass

10/01/2015

NORMA M.

waited 7 days for estimate with no contact from Glass doctor. Called another glass replacement company from angies List after beig ignored by Glass doctor.

Description of Work
Glass Doctor sent 2 estimators out to get measurements. they Came as scheduled. when they left on friday they said someone from glass doctor would contact me no later than Tuesday. No contact as of 5pm ,This is Thursday. 7 says since last Friday contact. Have sought and received an estimate from another co who has been prompt. I had my own business for 30 years and never made a customer wait longer than 24 hours for an estimate I have learned that.If a company is sloopy in initial contact and follow-up their work will also be sloppy. I will be going with another Angies list Glass company that has more reviews and better reviews.

Category glass repair

I can only apologize to this potential customer for this. I have researched what didn't happen as it was supposed to and found a unique but obvious error in paperwork processing. We have implemented changes to process and hope to never have this happen again. Mike Shanahan Owner - Glass Doctor of Austin

02/06/2015

Tammy J.

I called first thing in the morning and someone was supposed to call me back to set up an appointment. I was not contacted so I reached out to them again and they stated they would be at my hosue by the end of the day. They never showed to give an estimate or complete the work.

Description of Work
Provider did not show up to complete services or give an estimate.

Category glass repair

I attempted to reach out to [MEMBER]on a couple of occasions since review was posted, but I was not able to reach her and never received a return call. I am certainly sorry for the situation leading to her being disappointed, but after 3 months, I am have a difficult time constructing exactly what happened in order to offer a corrective action to put in place. We take every opportunity very seriously and try to communicate with our customer through every step from original visit to completed work.

01/05/2015

Paul G.

Called and arranged for them to measure the window. They were able to do this without me. Arranged a time for them to install the new window. They arrived on time. The window they had prepared lacked some matching aesthetic features. They installed the window they brought and indicated that they would come back with a corrected window. Arranged a time for them to install the new window. They arrived on time and installed. To date, the window has functioned properly.

Description of Work
Replace broken dual pane bedroom window.

08/20/2014

Eddy L.

Glass doctor responded quickly and provided quote immediately. Their quote is cheaper than other window company. I ordered the tempered glass but they delivered low E regular glass. They honored the low E glass cost.Will use Glass Doctor for their responsiveness and cost.

Description of Work
Replace one broken window.

08/13/2014

Kay H.

We called the day before the glass was supposed to be ready and were told that while they had a record of the measurement having been taken, they had no record of an estimate being given or approved and that the glass had not been ordered. They said that they would contact the gentleman who took the measurements and get back with us. A couple of hours later I called back and was told that they were still looking for the paperwork. At that point I called another company. The next afternoon Glass Doctor called us back to say that they still had not found the paperwork. By the time they called us back, the other company had already been out to our house, taken the measurement, provided the estimate, and ordered the glass. The second company charged a lot more, but their price made more sense anyway. I suspect that the order may have been lost on purpose rather than admit that the price they had quoted us on the phone was way too low. I was not impressed that I had to point out that a measurement should be taken before placing the order and, of course, this seriously slowed down our renovation project for no good reason. While they apologized profusely, I would not do business with a company that is apparently as disorganized as this with staff as poorly trained as it seems they are.

Description of Work
I contacted Glass Doctor about replacing a shower wall that was the wrong size for a renovation project. They said it would cost $270 to replace it without installation. I suggested that perhaps they should send someone to take a measurement since it would need to work with the other pieces. They sent someone over and said that it would be ready in a week.

Category glass repair

Let me apologize again to this customer. Everything stated here is accurate and I offer no excuse to poor handling of this customers paperwork and communication. While this is an exception to the way we handle our business, we have taken steps to make sure this never happens again. Glass Doctor of Austin takes pride in providing exceptional service and will continue to make every effort to do so in the future. Mike Shanahan Owner Glass Doctor of Austin

08/11/2014

Charletta S.

Excellent job. They showed up on time, did a great job on the shower door and enclosure, and their prices were competitive with other glass places we called. Very easy to deal with, and quality work.

Description of Work
Glass Dr. installed a glass shower door.

08/08/2014

Janet K.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the price they gave me compared with some competitors. I kept thinking that the height of my glass or the desire for the oil-rubbed bronze fixtures would increase the cost but it didn't. They let me know from the beginning that after final measurements were made it would take about 5-7 business days to manufacture the glass. It took 5. I was called with a time when they would arrive to install and they were on time. They brought in all the glass pieces at once and Alex and a helper put it all together. Days later on a Friday afternoon I discovered a small leak under 2 clips and they sent someone out first thing Monday morning to fix it. Love the quality of the glass and the hardware. The price was the very best.

Description of Work
Installed a frameless glass shower (80 inches high) that included oil-rubbed bronze hinges and clips and door handles for a single 28" door. Included sweep at bottom and side of door. 3/8" thick glass.

07/21/2014

Lisa B.

They were on time, friendly, and did a very good job.

Description of Work
Replaced shattered double pane glass on back door.

07/11/2014

James S.

They came out and measured the windows, two weeks later they arrived, did the replacement within about an hour. Window look identical to the rest of the windows in the house. We are very pleased and will use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced two windows that had lost pressure and were fogging up badly.

12/08/2013

scott B.

Beautifully! The gardener's lawn mower threw a rock that broke a huge window in the front door. It was a piece of art glass that matched the other door. Glass Doctor showed up within hours and put in a piece of temporary glass so we didn't have cardboard (which makes you feel very vulnerable) A week later they were able to replace it with the perfect match of art glass. All of the workmen were super nice, professional and efficient!! I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Replaced large window in front door with art glass

08/15/2013

Jeff E.

We had several window panes replaced in our 1950's garage apartment. Glass Doctor did a great job. They were responsive, timely and reasonably priced. We were very happy with their services.

Description of Work
Replaced several window panes

07/03/2013

JAN A.

Twenty-four hours after I called Glass Doctor, the window was replaced, bill paid, and Jason was on his way. He came when he said he would, called when he was on his way, did his work quickly and efficiently, and wished me well on my upcoming move. He was polite and businesslike. I couldn't ask for more!

Description of Work
Removed cracked single window pane in my house and replaced it with a new one.

Category glass repair,replacement windows,auto glass

Just the thought of moving can be a stressful time and our experience has taught us that when glass breaks, customers are in need of a quick response, adding to that stress. We strive to solve problems like this as quickly as we can. Some are fixable on the spot, like yours, and others require the manufacturing of a special sized unit, but urgency in taking care of problems is our goal. Again, we appreciate your note and good luck with your move.

JP Construction

JP Construction is a local company that brings over 30 years of experience to you project specializing in siding, exterior painting, windows, & roofing in Austin & Central Texas. We maintain the highest reviews across our industry & maintain the top ranking with JamesHardie - Elite Preferred. Everything we stand for can be summed up in our company motto: "Quality People, Quality Workmanship".

Offers by JP Construction on Angi
    Showroom Windows & Doors

Standard & Custom Window & Door Replacement for residential and commercial projects. We specialize in products like Andersen, Marvin & Pella Windows just to name a few.

Offers by Showroom Windows & Doors on Angi
    The Glass Guru of Austin

Do you have Foggy Dual-Pane Windows with condensation or residue between the panes? Our proven Moisture Removal and Window Restoration Process can fix this problem at a fraction the cost. When restoration isn't the best option, our full-service location offers the highest quality, name brand replacement products at great prices. Above all else, we pride ourselves in offering the best possible service to our customers. Whether residential or commercial, we can take care of most of your glass and window repair, restoration and replacement needs. Super Service Award Winner-7 years in a Row! Showroom/Office hours are by appointment only.

Offers by The Glass Guru of Austin on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Design & install beautiful custom shower enclosures, auto, doors, window & mirror glass.

Service stained or leaded glass, light fixtures, and skylights. But call us if you need help finding a source.