EMERALD SUNROOMS

Founded 1986 • With Angi since February 2009

4.3

7801 N LAMAR STE C 47

Austin, TX 78752

Remodeling, room additions, patio/carport, window/door replacement, awnings/arbors, retractable awnings/solar shades, hardwood flooring/tile sales/ installation, cabinets/countertops replacement, screen rooms, room enclosures, swimming pool screen/glass enclosures....

04/22/2016

Jacqueline S.

Description of Work
Total remodel and update of master and guest bathrooms. Remove ceiling popcorn and retexture walls. I couldn't have been more pleased. This is the third major project they have completed for us and a I always ask them before considering anyone else.

Category decks, remodeling

02/24/2014

Ron F.

They have a reasonable price, have quick response, and friendly. They were professional. I'm not going to continue working with them but it's not because of anything they did or didn't do.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Emerald Sunrooms. It was for a closing patio.

Category decks

09/01/2013

Jacqueline S.

We can't say enough good things about Craig: in fact, we are so pleased with his work that we are in discussion with him for another project. We know that one should always seek multiple bids before undertaking any project, but there is something to the old saw and quot;you get what you pay for.and quot; While we have no doubt that we could find someone closer to our San Marcos address who could/would do the job for less and who might do an excellent job, we absolutely know the quality we're getting with Craig. Craig is meticulous in the contract options he offers his clients; he has the strictest standards that he expects of his crew and sub contractors and insists everything meet his high standards -- or be done over. He consulted with us at every phase of the process and was patient and knowledgeable in why we could or should approach something in a particular manner. At one critical point in the 2005 project he spent no small amount of time consulting with a structural engineer assuring a particular load bearing corner had adequate support. All-in-all, we can't imagine working with anyone else.

Description of Work
Over the past twelve years Craig and Stacey Cummings of Emerald Sunrooms have completed three projects for us. The most recent was a complete kitchen renovation in 2005 that included an 8-foot add-on to an existing sunroom/entertainment area with installation of large areas of glass and retractable solar screens to shield the southern exposure across the back of the house. Tying the rooms together required raising existing beams to be flush with the ceiling creating a uniform and continuous ceiling throughout. The project also included a significant amount of exterior rock work that required matching existing rock work from the original 1979 construction.

Category remodeling

03/08/2013

Jack A.

Excellent from beginning to end. I couldn't have asked for a more responsive, professional, attention-to-detail crew than Emerald's.

Description of Work
They dismantled the original two story wooden deck on the back of our two story house, got a new slab poured in that place, then built the one story sunroom attached to the house. It took a total of about 2 months. I have gotten a couple of other bids, but Craig Cummings was so professional, thorough, and meticulous in measuring and discussing options with us, not to mention his very detailed proposal spreadsheet, that we chose him, even though his price was higher. It was well worth the extra money. Craig, his main helper Cheyenne, and other crews he brought in did excellent work and we couldn't be more pleased with the results. My only regret is that I didn't file this report 4 years ago. To see the progress of the whole project see the photos I posted in Google Picassa at the URL below (hope it works for you): https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=JackApplewhite&target=ALBUM&id=5243059957113163441&authkey=Gv1sRgCNea29zkqM7pCw&feat=email Emerald wired the sunroom, but I installed the ceiling fans myself, as well as put in the new cedar siding to replace the old painted exterior siding that was removed. They also put in the heat pump unit, which has been very handy at times. BTW, not extending the main house A/C duct work to the sunroom keeps it from being classified as an extension of the house, so the Travis County Appraisal District taxes this improvement at a lesser rate - at least so said their rep. who came out to inspect it.

Category concrete repair, decks, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, siding, woodworking, sunrooms, foundation repair

11/11/2012

Lisa G.

We had worked with Craig the owner of Emerald Sunrooms on one project before build a stone column and repairing a gate door so he was aware of the quality of work that we expected on this project of re-pointing and re-mortaring our front patio. During discussions on the project we discussed our concerns and our wish that the existing stone not be damaged in this process. First step of this process is the removal of the old mortar from the patio, which is directly in front of 4 french doors. They did not put up plastic to prevent the dust from coming into our house. I specifically stayed home to supervise the mortaring process the first day. They sub contractor they used was very thoughtful and did a great job. On the second day, assuming that the same man would finish the project I left for the day. Well, you know what they say about assumptions... They sent a completely different man to finish the job. This sub contractor, mixed the mortar differently than the guy the day before and added to much sand so it was a different color and he did not remove the mortar from the edge of the stone before it began to set. This last issue is something you can not undo and our patio is now ruined. I spoke with Craig Cummings about this issue and he assured me that the mortar would look the same in 6 months and told me that his subcontractor could fix the stones. Neither is/was true. If I pressed the issue, I'm sure that Craig would have re-done the work but we simply wanted him and his sub-contractors off our property.

Description of Work
Repoint & remorter existing limestone patio.

Category landscaping, remodeling

I wanted to post this response because I had no idea my client was not satisfied. As anyone is aware that has worked with mortar before,it is very difficult to get the color to match exactly. The sand moisture content is different from day to day and yes the individual mixing it has to use the same % of sand and mortar. However, the mis-match was so close, I couldn't see removing the mortar and possibly damaging some of the stones in the process. This is a very difficult undertaking and I caution anyone else trying to perform this task of replacing the mortar in an existing stone patio. I personally inspected the project at each phase and as it appeared the work was progressing as planned and on schedule. This is one of those projects I hesitated on taking just because of the difficulty factor, but I went ahead and accepted the responsibility and still feel in the end it turned out as good as anyone could have done under the circumstances. Emerald holds the highest ranking of an A+ with the BBB for customer service and quality, and has for almost 30 years. We take our commitment to quality very seriously and strive each and everyday to maintain that status. I will continue to do what is right each and every day and will strive to take a closer look in the future of which jobs I accept so my reputation doesn't get damaged. Owner Craig Cummings

Blue Ribbon Cooling and Heating

Blue Ribbon is more than just an HVAC company. We’re family. For more than 20 years, we’ve been a community staple that’s provided customers in the Greater Austin area with ultimate comfort. Our skills, quality workmanship, absolute honesty and budget-friendly services are what make our team No. 1 in area comfort.

Americraft Siding & Windows

Americraft Siding & Windows focuses on high-quality window installations, exterior siding, and so much more for your home’s overall look, feel, design, and soundness. Our contractors have the experience and expertise to successfully transform your home into a whole new version of its previous self. We were founded on the principles of doing the job right the first time while focusing on excellent customer service. We want to be there for you when you need our help for many generations to come. Feel free to browse throughout our services to learn more about how we differ from the rest of our competition, and why we’re one of the best within our niche.

Georgetown awnings LLC

Based in Georgetown, Texas, Georgetown Awnings And Canopies designs and installs awnings and canopies for both residential and commercial applications. From small residential jobs to large commercial installations, our team has the experience to get the job done on time and within your budget. Please contact us with any questions you might have. We look forward to hearing from you. Patio Awnings, Custom Awnings, Entrance Awnings, Free standing Awnings, Custom Canopy, Metal, Fabric

REMODELING, GLASS SOLARIUMS, CONSERVATORIES, SUNROOMS, POOL ENCLOSURES, SCREEN ROOMS, WINDOWS & DOORS, PATIO COVERS, CARPORTS.

Full service company. Sales and service