Almichaels Flooring Co.

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

1607 Matthews Lane A

Austin, TX 78745

With over 30 years of professional flooring experience, Almichaels Flooring is available for your custom installation and repair needs. We are an Austin based, independently owned company offering Residential Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Carpet, and more! We also offer Professional Carpet Cleaning services. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and providing the highest quality craftsmanship and materials. Give us a call today to schedule your free consultation!...

flooring (23)carpet installation (14)hardwood floors (9)carpet cleaning (6)tile installation (2)floor cleaning (1)concrete repair (1)

11/09/2021

steven W.

Absolutely terrible. The installer didn't use a level one time throughout the entire concrete floating. The LVP install, albeit fast, was awful. No expansion gaps, superglue marks left on the planks visible in sunlight, didn't remove trim and placed flooring around it. All of this is superfluous, the entire substrate was completely unlevel. Had to hire someone else to come and float the floor after removing about $8,000 worth of flooring, which was completely ruined. I don't know how this guy has 5 stars.

Description of Work
Floating concrete substrate, vinyl plank clicklock installation

Category concrete repair,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

Review for Almichaels Flooring Co. - 1607 Matthews Lane, Austin, TX - 39538932

material was previously used by home owner, he never told us that he had tried installing the material himself. material was leaning on the wall in the garage. we never were told that they tried installing materials. we were never paid. and they were (home owner) were very ugly to us. we were told to leave period. how can a home owner give a review when he did not even go thru angies????

08/26/2021

David H.

We had a partially rotted subfloor from a leaky toilet and needed to tear out our old tile to assess the damage. We called a few other companies for quotes but we didn't reach their minimum work orders. Almichael's gave us a shot for our small job (~200 sq ft), scheduled us in a week, and their installer Daniel was in and out in under a day, with a repaired subfloor and time to lay LVP in both our damaged and master bathrooms. Alfred kept in touch with us throughout the process, and came to do a final assessment of the job which was absolutely perfect. We were also able to provide our own LVP planks and underlayment for the job so it could look just right for us. Once our budget resets, we'll be coming back to Almichael's for our next flooring job B)

Description of Work
Luxury Vinyl plank in, tile out in a day!

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

07/24/2021

Dylan E.

Albert and his crew were very nice to work with. We had some maple floor boards in the kitchen that were damaged from a plumbing leak and needed to be replaced. He came out the next morning after I called and evaluated the job and confirmed that they could fix it. The next day he called with the quote and we scheduled the repair. They were very professional during the work and their experience was evident. The end result looks great. Overall, it was a great experience working with them and I would recommend it to anyone needing flooring related services.

Description of Work
Hardwood Flooring Repair

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 07/24/2021

07/20/2021

Tamara F.

I had to have vinyl plank flooring relaid and some of the surfaces evened out due to water leaks in my dining room and remodeling in my kitchen. Some contractors refused to reuse any of my old flooring (most of it had not been touched at all by water). Others gave me inflated prices. And yet others took weeks to get back to me. So, dealing with Alfred was a breath of fresh air. He gave me a fair quote (though not the cheapest), but the best part was that he was able to fit me in the very same day. After 6 weeks of torn up floors, it was so great to have them put back so quickly and so professionally. I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

03/19/2021

Scott N.

It was fantastic, they were on time, professional, they did such a great job that our carpets looks brand new. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They stretched carpet floors.

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

03/15/2021

Jen B.

Al was very thorough and attentive to our needs. We needed our new house re-carpeted prior to moving in and he got it done just i time! We would definitely use him again for our flooring needs!

Description of Work
Re-carpeting

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

03/02/2021

Vincient C.

They did a very good job, they were very efficient, and they cleaned up when they were done. they were very professional and I would definitely hire them again. I would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They installed 600 square feet of hardwood flooring.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

03/01/2021

Christal K.

His customer service is impeccable. He stayed in contact with me, in working with him, he was very personable, he go to my house and he allowed me to looked and select on the samples. He takes care of everything and it was just a very good job and it went above and beyond. The price was $8000.00 and plus. He was very easy to work with, no matter how much you changed your mind, he got the same demeanor and just say okay, he was very open minded, he'd not gonna rush you and provides good advice.

Description of Work
He re-carpeted our church's floor.

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

01/27/2021

Melinda S.

Al installed laminate flooring in our bedroom, the whole second floor, and the stairs. They also removed our old carpet. Al and the crew did a great job, he kept us updated and was always reachable. They worked efficiently and cleaned up afterwards. We couldn't be happier with the outcome and would recommend Al to anyone.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

12/04/2020

Brian S.

Their price was reasonable and they were very professional. They were able to take out some of my flooring so an appliance could be installed. They were later able to reuse the same flooring. I was happy with the service provided.

Description of Work
Removing and reinstalling hardwood flooring

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

10/02/2020

Kathleen T.

Alfred was very thorough. Went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations. All tasks were extrapolated in a timely fashion. Truly a pleasure to work with. Will hire again in the near future if other projects arise.

Description of Work
Carpet Installation

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

09/28/2020

Hilda S.

Al was wonderful he was very nice and explained everything to me . He also showed up when he said he would !!! Priced very reasonable !! I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replace some planks of wood floor

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

08/30/2020

stacy H.

work was efficient, fair, and prompt. and crew was knowledgeable, kind, and communicative.

Description of Work
hardwood repair//relay of floating flooring

Category carpet cleaners,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 08/29/2020

08/22/2020

Michael G.

it went very well.the team was on time and did a GREAT JOB! I will be calling them again for my next project.

Description of Work
Carpet Sales and Installation

Work Completed On 08/23/2020

08/14/2020

Mark C.

Al came to our rescue after we had soaked a section of carpeting that had to be pulled and dried before it could be stretched and put back in place. He responded to our need in short order and could not have been more gracious while he was here. He is extremely reasonable, a true gentleman, and a professional who really knows flooring. He is definitely our go-to guy, going forward.

Description of Work
Carpet stretching and reattachment after a soaking.

Category carpet cleaners

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

08/14/2020

madhav J.

Great quality work for reasonable price

Description of Work
Alfred from AlMichael’s did our carpet repair for small portion in our closet. He was quickly responsive, well behaved, friendly with us. He did an awesome job in getting my carpet back in place and takes all the credits. I would hire him again for any of our future projects without any hesitation.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

07/30/2020

Cathy S.

Al showed up for the estimate and fixed the seam right on the spot for a very reasonable price. I am very very happy with his work.

Description of Work
Carpet repair, seam was coming up

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

07/22/2020

Laura M.

Al was very communicative from the start (heard back within an hour or so) and we got things rolling very quickly. We had some click in vinyl plank that we needed installed upstairs in three bedrooms and a hallway with some floor leveling. They were able to get things done in two days and the results are absolutely amazing! We also had them install ceramic tile in two bathrooms which also turned out beautifully. Overall, I would absolutely hire them again to get a job done quickly, smoothly, and with great results! The price was right - as we only paid $2300 for floor leveling in spots, and an entire floor's worth (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, & a hallway) of new floor/tile installation. Would book them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Flooring Installation

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Review for Almichaels Flooring Co. - 1607 Matthews Lane, Austin, TX - 38762697

07/13/2020

Charles .

Exceptionally service. Al is awesome and would definitely use again!! Very professional, on time and very honest about repair. I installed carpet back in my younger days and knew what was required. Superb service:-)

Description of Work
Seem repaired and carpet stretched.

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

06/30/2020

Rhonda W.

Responded promptly, came and gave a reasonable quote about the job, quick professional, and friendly. We will be using Al and his crew again for other projects. we recommend Al for all flooring jobs.

Description of Work
Install flooring

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

06/02/2020

Stacy C.

Alfred was quick to respond to our project and we were able to schedule carpet repair same week. The carpet stretching repair went well & we are very happy with the results. I would recommend Almichael’s for flooring repairs or new installation.

Description of Work
carpet stretching

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

03/10/2020

Ariel M.

From the beginning working with Alfred was easy and simple. He came by to see what needed work, quickly sent us an estimate through email, and we were able to set up an appointment the next week (working around my schedule). He was professional, kind, and honest. I look forward to hiring him again to replace the rest of our carpet!

Description of Work
Replaced carpet with hardwood

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 03/10/2020

03/05/2020

Carrie Y.

I hired Al Michael's to patch a piece of berber carpet, and again later to clean the carpets in the whole house. Alfred was personable, comfortable, fast and efficient! He worked miracles on my heavily soiled carpet and far exceeded my expectations. He takes pride in his work, and his experience in his field really shows.

Description of Work
berber carpet patching, carpet cleaning

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation,flooring contractor