American Standard Foundation Repair

State of Tennessee
09/30/2017

1985 Thomas Rd

Memphis, TN 38134

American Standard Foundation Repair, LLC is a full service foundation repair company specializing in the prevention, repair and restoration of foundation damage and its effects on your home. We repair both concrete slab and conventional beam and joist homes. American Standard Foundation Repair, LLC prides itself in the proper diagnosis of the cause of foundation failure. Only by understanding the cause of a failure, can we hope to prevent it from occurring again. We give free estimates that are performed by certified technicians who are trained to recognize both the obvious and obscure causes of foundation failure. After we diagnose your foundation issue, you will receive a Repair Plan Diagram that addresses the immediate cause of the foundation failure, preventive measures that decrease the chances of this happening again, as well as restorative measures that can put your home back to its original state. We are the only Nationally Certified Foundation Repair Specialist in the tri-state area (TN, MS, AR.)...

foundation repair (75)basement waterproofing (16)drain pipe installation (15)concrete repair (15)masonry (7)excavating (7)gutter repair (6)lawn & landscaping (5)concrete driveways (5)roofing (4)mudjacking (3)water damage restoration (3)

06/18/2019

Tom O.

Very professional approach to things. They stuck with us for a year, answering our calls to come out and tweak the leveling when we noticed a door was rubbing or the gaps seemed to change with the seasons. Now, the house is solid and no door are rubbing anymore and they did it all with a smile! Price is a little high, but I would rather have it done right and done right the first time than fight someone who doesn't know what they are doing. These people really do know what they are doing! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Crawl space shoring up, with additional pillars and leveling.

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], My name is Jae Wells and I am the owner of American Standard Foundation Repair. We appreciate your review and it was a pleasure working with you on this project. Michael Herring, owner of our Rogers, AR store handled your project. I'm sure he would appreciate it if you could add this review to his Angie's List Page. This helps his Angie's List rating and allows local clients in NWA to see your comments. If you have any questions about how to accomplish this, Michael will be happy to point you in the right direction. As always, we appreciate you letting us know how we are doing.

01/07/2019

Jennifer M.

I was having a problem with suden standing water in our crawl space under the house during heavy periods of rain, and was worried that there was a foundation issue. I called American Standard and they sent Wes out to evaluate the situation. He was on time, professional and extremely helpful in explaining what was going on. Despite me noticing some settling cracks, Wes assured me that it was not a foundation issue, but it was in fact a drainage issue. He recommended that we get gutters (not a service of American Standard) on the house and see how it did and we would go from there. After getting the gutters, they helped quite a bit but they did not completely resolve our issue. Wes came back out to look at it and determined that the gutters were not getting the water far enough out from the house to allow for proper drainage. He suggested a drainage system that would tie into the gutters and get the water 10+feet out from the house. After determining it was a drainage issue I collected bids for the drainage work and American Standard was comparable, and the professionalism from Wes sealed the deal. The work was done neatly and timely the first time. It’s now one year later and the drainage work has worked wonders. It was an extremely wet summer and we are in middle a wet winter, and not only is there never water under the house, but it appears that the entire crawl space has dried out like I’ve never seen in our 6 years living here. Wes could have sold me foundation repair or crawl space sealing work that I didn’t need but he was honest and knew what was needed. I would highly recommend American Standard to anyone having any crawl space, foundation or drainage issues.

Description of Work
Drainage Work

Category drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! We were happy to work with you on solving your water management problem.

01/25/2018

Robert and Darlene W.

I could not have been happier with our experience with American Standard Foundation Repair. When I called, the receptionist was knowledgeable and courteous and set a time and date for an on-site visit of our house. The firm sent us an email well beforehand to confirm the date and time of the visit, as well as the name of the person, who would perform the assessment. When that day arrived, Mr. Luis Martinez, one of the owners, called ahead to advise me of his exact arrival time. He arrived on time, and after introductions, he asked us to provide a history of the home rather than just go straight to the cracks in the walls. After receiving the full history, walking around the entire property, and observing the cracks inside, he went into the crawl space and remained there until he had completed a full assessment. He explained the reason for the cracks, provided an evaluation of the crawl space beneath the rest of the house, and provided his insight into the hydrology that was at work outside the house. After explaining that no additional foundation support effort was required, he departed, after ensuring that we understood completely and that we were totally satisfied. Before he left, I offered to pay him for almost two hours of his time, but he declined. I respect and admire that kind of honesty and competence. Not only was Mr. Martinez a consummate professional, he was very personable. I would hire him again and recommend this firm to anyone else! He was also very pleased with some masonry work that we had done on our exterior bricks and asked for the name of the contractor. I was proud to provide him with the name of that contractor, who I had also acquired through Angie's list!

Description of Work
Needed an evaluation of reasons and corrective actions necessary for the cracks in our interior walls.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/25/2018

06/15/2017

Greg S.

Very well organized, met scheduled start and finish, high quality of work. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Crawlspace sump pump and dehumidifier.

Category basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

03/27/2017

Teresa C.

Representative was knowledgeable and helped a great deal.

Description of Work
Needed to determine why we have water damage to a wood floor.

Category landscaping, water damage restoration, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/28/2017

11/08/2016

Laura H.

Did not use. Please give me that option in the future

Description of Work
Did not use

Category masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/08/2016

08/29/2016

Robert S.

Louis came to our home only two days after our first contact, and did a full exterior inspection where he pointed out a couple of easy repairs we could make ourselves to keep water from entering the crawlspace. He then entered the crawl space and did a full interior inspection with photos and video. He explained to us that he did not think the problem we had noticed was much to worry about, and that no repairs were needed. He did explain that he found a small amount of mold growth, and recommended that we have that cleaned, and that we have ventilator fans installed to inprove air circulation in the crawlspace which would eliminate future mold growth. My wife and I were amazed. Louis had driven almost an hour and half, spent over an hour doing his inspections, and explaining his findings to us, and then said that his company was not needed to fix the minor problems we have. In my opinion, a completely honest contractor is hard to find, and this is one I would recommend fully without question.

Description of Work
We needed a professional foundation inspection of the crawl space on our two story home because we noticed a couple of cracked bricks on the veneer or the crawl space.

Work Completed On 08/25/2016

04/04/2016

HAL G.

After contacting American Standard Foundation Repair, I was told by the office manager, Cory, that the emailed estimate must have landed in my SPAM box, but he was going to contact Jestin to send it again. I checked my SPAM, but there was no such email. I contacted Jestin once again, and he told me "we can't do it like that". I had no idea what he was talking about, and he further explained that I needed to purchase a de-humidifier. Also, there was NEVER a quote emailed, nor was I provided the sample of material. I don't understand why I was lied to. I would think a better approach would have been to provide the promised quote with the understanding that I needed a dehumidifier. End of story.

Description of Work
I contacted American Standard Foundation Repair to provide a quote on the encapsulation of my midtown home basement. Jestin Burton came to my home on time but unprepared to inspect my basement. He was missing all of the standard information that I was to be provided for this type of work. After his inspection, I was told to expect an estimate as well as a sample of the product that was to be used in two days. I never heard from the company again. This was over a month ago.

Work Completed On 04/04/2016

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Our estimators finish their work each day at 3:00 pm and come back to the office and send out those estimates on the same day. You will not find another company that returns estimates for foundation repair on the same day. Occassionally, because our email address comes from a company, people have setting on their computer that send the email to SPAM. This is why our office manager, Corey, asked you to check your SPAM folder. As far as the repair plan goes, it was mailed to you on April 5, 2016 at 7:58 pm. After receiving the quote you and I discussed on the phone the difference between what you wanted done and the way we perform that type of repair. I explained to you that while engineering guidelines have changed several times over the past decade, that the current guidelines warn against doing the repair the way you requested. We strictly follow engineering guidelines and always stay abreast of changes in these guidelines to insure that we are doing the very best thing for our clients. We even discussed the fact that doing the repair the way you suggested would increase the mold spore content in your basement. After calling you personally, we discussed that the climate in Colorado is very different that the high humidity and extreme seasonal temperatures experienced in Memphis. Subsequently, you wrote back saying thank you for your call and I appreciate the thorough explanation. Your rating of us is an F and I am unsure as to what you would have had us do differently. You even gave us a B on punctuality when by GPS tracking, I can confirm that Jestin was at the estimate 10 minutes early. I would hope that you would show your appreciation for a company that has the ethics not to take money for installing something your way when we know that based on current engineering guidelines, doing it your way would have been detrimental to your home. I would appreciate your reconsideration of your ratings. Respectfully, Jae R. Wells Owner American Standard Foundation Rerpair

04/04/2016

Ann C.

I can't say enough good things about dealing with Wesley, Jestin, Jay, Louie, and company! Responsive, professional, prompt, and conscientious! They did the majority of the work in 2 days, and were very aware of the fact that rain was expected and stayed late to get the work complete before storms hit. They really went the extra mile for me, and I so appreciate the quality of work and professionalism. I highly recommend this company to do this type of work and would use them again and again! A smooth transaction from start to finish.

Description of Work
American Standard Foundation Repair excavated the west side of my foundation, sealed it, and constructed a French drain along that side of the house al the way to the curb. They also tied the downspout into a drain that occupied the same trench, going out to the curb.

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 03/30/2016

01/24/2016

Dawnyea C.

The consultant was timely, professional, and helpful.

Description of Work
American Standard Foundation Repair provided me with a consultation regarding a crack in my foundation. They advised that I get an engineer to look at the foundation to determine if it needed repairs. They gave me the number of an engineer and other contractors who could help me with the remodel. All of their contacts were reputable, professional, and provided good workmanship.

Category remodeling, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/19/2015

Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the review. We always appreciate feedback. There are certain repairs that simply require the expertise of a structural engineer. We hope that you found the engineer that we referred to you helpful. When he has finished your repair plan, please do not hesitate to contact us to provide you with an estimate for the cost of the repairs. We look forward to working with you. Respectfully submitted, Jae R. Wells Owner American Standard Foundation Repair 901-624-7844

01/04/2016

Jim and Debbie J.

It hasn't gone. I have called weekly now for the past four weeks and cannot get Jestin to give me an estimate for the work I am asking for. I have left messages with Cory in the office and although he assures me he will have the sales person call me back ... I am still waiting. Sad, because all of the prior reviews have been positive. Not sure if I got a new salesman or if they are overwhelmed with some 'Deal' special they are running. So the 'service' they performed for me was to come out and give an inaccurate estimate and then after several conversations, never give me an updated estimate. Very poor business practice in my opinion.

Description of Work
I contacted American Foundation and asked for an esitmate for repairs. Jestin came to the home and without going under the house, because of an air duct in front of one of the crawl space entries, wrote an estimate. That weekend I went under the house and disconnected the duct work, laid a tarp down and asked him to come back and give me an accurate estimate. He wrote an estimate that included leaving concrete pads and jacks in place permanently. I called him and asked him to just bid the cost of replacing the rotted joist and center girder section because, if that were done, there would be no need to leave jacks in place. I have since called four times. Each time I speak with Cory who tells me Jestin will be in and will call me back. I have yet to hear from them. I found this company on Angie's List and felt it would be a good company to go with. However, I have been completely frustrated by the lack of response and the inaccurate estimates. I haven't had any work done but it is only because I cannot get anyone to call me back or give me an accurate estimate. I suggest you look elsewhere as I am now doing.

Work Completed On 12/08/2015

Mr. and Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear of your frustration. What you left out of the response above, is that I as company owner, came to your home myself after you laid down the tarp. I did the inspection and I personally explained to you what needed to happen and gave you an explanation of why. Just replacing the joists itself would not have fixed the slope across the floor or the severe bounce in the floor.. It would have made the floor permanently bowed. I explained that the floor had to be lifted into place, joist replaced and the jacks left in place in order to stabilize the floor. Replacing the one structural member does not mean that the attachments of all of the other joists in the areas just fall back into place. The connections are weakened when a floor sags. Only by leaving steel adjustable jacks perpendicular to the current floor joists will you be able to replace rotten wood and have a level floor that doesn't not bounce. I explained this to you, but because it was not the way you wanted it done, you got very frustrated. I believe that to have done this repair as you suggested would have not only created an inferior repair but could have actually led to more severe repairs required in the future. I am sorry that our repair plan did not suit you, but we have engineering guidelines that we follow. I told you personally that we could not do the repair that you suggested. You told me that you did not want it done as described in our repair plan (which follow current engineering practices). To say that we did not call you back is completely inaccurate and unfair. To say that our repair plan was inaccurate is unfair, as what you suggested does not follow any current guideline for the replacement of structural members of a pier and beam foundation. It seems that you are angry because we wouldn't do it your way. I apologize that we could not do it your way. To do so would not have been in your best interest. Respectully, Jae Wells Owner American Standard Foundation Repair

12/19/2015

Kenley H.

Very quickly responded to my need to have gutter drainage system repaired; work was done in <1 week from initial contact. I was concerned about water around my foundation from a backed up gutter system. Mike Herring came out with his sons on a Saturday & repaired my system. Two of the underground sections were completely blocked & had to be replaced. They were polite & professional, cleaned up after themselves, made sure my gates were secure (to keep my dogs in), & I would not hesitate to use Mike again! I know foundation services can be very expensive & was very glad that he did this small job for me to help keep mine safe.

Description of Work
repaired gutter downspout connections & underground drainage system

Category drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/21/2015

10/06/2015

Deirdre W.

Initially, I had to go back and forth with the owner about a minimum amount of square footage that did not appear in the fine print. I got the shed put up. They should have sloped the concrete past the 8' x 10' area. This oversight ended up costing me more money. I figured that someone doing concrete should know that it should have gone beyond the size of the shed.

Description of Work
They poured come concrete so that I could install a shed.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

(Removed members name), Slabs, upon which sheds are intended to be built, do not have slopes. They are intended to be level so that the structure erected on the slab will likewise be level. If you wanted a slab larger than the 8' x 10' slab that you paid for, we would have been happy to provide that for you. If the builder of the shed wanted some type of "turn-down" or slope, that too would have been no problem. None of these details were provided to us, nor did you request additional square footage. We provided exactly what you requested. If you had specific needs, the time to have requested special items would have been before the concrete was poured. As this points out, in any construction project, planning ahead has much to do with the final outcome. Such planning was not initiated by you. An 8x10' slab is what was requested and what was delivered. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and we are glad that you were somehow able to overcome this lack of planning. If we may be of service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. Respectfully, Jae R. Wells Owner American Standard Foundation Repair

09/12/2015

CARMIN V.

Called about getting driveway repair quote, never returned call, a returned phone call is the least companies can do when they are in business.

Description of Work
Called about getting driveway repair quote, never returned call

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

07/29/2015

Desiree S.

They were nice, prompt, and I felt honest in their views of my home. I liked the owner Jae and another one of his associates when they came to my home 2 different times each. I felt like they understood what I wanted and needed. They were helpful with my kitchen cupboard search and free with advice and information. They were supposed to return to give me estimates for several different projects that I had going on that they were giving me bids on. I spoke to Jae by phone once more after he had missed a deadline for the estimates (on a date that he had set) and he apologized and set a new date. He missed the next deadline too and I called and left 2 more messages to touch base, and the calls were never returned. I hate to give a bad rating to any company and especially when I really liked the gentlemen personally. But, the lack of professionalism and follow through in contacting a client has caused the low grades.

Description of Work
Came to do an inspection of home for foundation settling, french drains in yard, and remodeling of kitchen.

Category remodeling, drain pipe, home remodeling, foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/03/2015

[Member Name Removed] I apologize for the breakdown in communications. I called last week and left a message saying that in order to give an accurate estimate I really needed the plumber, Electrician and Sheetrock guys to come out and take a look at the project. I asked that you give me a call and let me know when it would be convenient for us all to come. I did not get a voicemail from you and I asked the secretary if he had gotten any response and he said that he had not heard from you. I should have followed up with you, but I have been out of the office 2 days this week doing a project in Mississippi. I always return voicemails, so if you will leave a voicemail on my personal cell number, even if I am with a client, I will return the call. Remember the day I was there with you for a couple of hours and my phone kept ringing? When I am with a client I let the call go to voicemail. Then I return calls between client visits. I have everything written up for you, but in order to complete your project we will have to move plumbing and electric lines and add additional lines. For this reason, our guys need to put their eyes on the project to give accurate bids. I realize I dropped the ball, but it would literally take them 5 minutes to see what they need to see in order to give an accurate estimate for the renovation. If you are still interested in working with us I will be happy to arrange for them to visit your home. Please do give me a call on my cell or speak to the secretary to set up a time for this visit. Please accept my apology for not following up sooner. Respectfully, Jae R. Wells Owner American Standard Foundation Repair

07/27/2015

Linda B.

The contractor showed up on time, was courteous and gave me incredibly honest feedback on another contractor's work that I hired outside of Angie's List. It was very helpful to me for peace of mind and assurance of what work had been done (or not done) for the rate that I paid. We also discussed future possibly of additional needs once we save the funds.

Description of Work
Jestin Burton performed an assessment of another contractor's work to confirm quality.

Work Completed On 02/03/2015

07/22/2015

Robert W.

THE PROVIDER WAS NOT ABLE TO HELP ME. THE PROVIDER REFERRED ME TO ANOTHER COMPANY

Description of Work
REFERRED ME TO SOMEONE ELSE

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

[removed member name], I do apologize, but I believe you have the wrong company. We have not done an estimate, nor made an appointment for anyone with your name or address. Could you please make sure that this gets applied to the correct account? We all appreciate your feedback. I'm sure the owner of the company whom you met would like to hear from you. Respectfully, Jae Wells Owner American Standard Foundation Repair

07/16/2015

Rachelle H.

Excellent service!!!!!!!! They were very knowledgeable, HONEST, and professional. Will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Thorough inspection of the foundation of my home.

Work Completed On 05/07/2015

07/14/2015

Kristina B.

good

Description of Work
repaired foundation

Category concrete repair, excavators, landscaping, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/15/2015

05/26/2015

Phillip W.

After checking the ad in the phone boo

Description of Work
Provider was hired to correct the problem of water coming into the basement of our home when we have heavy rains.

02/25/2015

Jean N.

They were very delightful. They were hardworking but the first problem was that there was a mix up the day they were supposed to start, they didn’t show up. Somebody didn’t get the message that the schedule had changed so that was total poor communication. The other thing that happened was, this was the end of my driveway including the sidewalk and he told me it would match; I said I really want it to match the driveway, match the sidewalk and be tan and well, it is just bright white. It has been bright white for a year and the neighbors laugh at it because it doesn’t match so that was a big disappointment. They came out and they were hammering, they didn’t have the right tools and they were beating over the concrete, beating here and there and finally the boss, brought a jack hammer and then it started moving along. It was kind of shoddy.

Description of Work
They did a concrete driveway and sidewalk.

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 04/15/2014

02/13/2015

Sharon D.

They did an excellent job. They were very polite and profession. If I had a question, they would explain, in my language. They were neat and overall did a great job and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They repaired my foundation that was cracked