Hancock Tree Service

Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2012

We are a fully licensed and insured tree service. Call or text 865-924-8733 for a quick response. Super Service Award every year since 2013! We trim, prune, and remove trees and large shrubs. We also grind stumps. We have all the equipment to perform any job safely and efficiently. We have hundreds of references....

tree service (95)lawn care (5)

10/23/2021

Linn J.

My husband and I highly recommend this company because they are efficient and did a fantastic job! We had quite a few trees removed from our yard! John is very knowledgeable and quoted us a reasonable price for removal. His team is top notch and couldn't ask for a better service. We were impressed with their performance. It was a messy job and they even cleaned up after themselves! I would give extra stars for that as well. Thank you for your superior hardworking team and service. You made us happy clients and will definitely hire your company back for a future project!

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

08/02/2021

Patrick A.

This is the third time we have utilized Hancock Trees Services. They do excellent work and we anticipate a fourth need in the future and definitely plan on using Hancock's again. Very happy.

Description of Work
Three large trees needing cutting down

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 07/16/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! As soon as you are ready for your next project give us a call. Thanks for choosing Hancock Tree Service!

10/06/2020

Howard H.

The work was performed on 21 July 2020. Part of a very large hackberry tree had come down in a storm, and I decided to remove the whole tree. It was in my front yard, in a fairly tight spot. It was about 20 feet from the house, with electrical lines on the other 3 sides. The tree was at least 60 feet high, and part of it hung over the house. They got it all down with no harm to the house and only minor disturbance to the surroundings.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

Review for Hancock Tree Service - 6124 Little Madison Way, Knoxville, TN - 38926566

Thanks for the review. We are glad you were pleased with our performance and hope to do business with you again in the future!

04/30/2020

Michael I.

Great job. They had 2 tall dead trees gone inside of 4 hours. Friendly crew. Affordable pricing.

Description of Work
Removed and hauled 2 dead trees

Work Completed On 04/29/2020

Thanks for the review. Customer satisfaction is paramount to us. Thanks for choosing Hancock Tree Service for all your tree needs!

07/27/2019

Kathy W.

This is a great company. Five men showed up in the morning and then Mr. Hancock came and showed them what they were going to do. They did an excellent job of cutting and trimming the trees. They chopped up the branches and larger limbs, chopped some cedar branches that we had cut off, and they brought in a heavy truck to take out the big logs from the trunks of the trees. They were all very polite, professional and friendly. We provided lunch for them and they ate in the sunroom in the cool. They made sure their boots were clean and took off out shirts to keep from getting sawdust in the room. I would hire them again. In fact, my neighbor lady came and talked to them and they were back in about a week and took out 7 cedar trees for her. We were outside when they drove up and they got out of their trucks and waved hello. Very nice people.

Description of Work
kWe had four trees then down, 2 stumps ground out and 4 trees trimmed.

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

Thank you so much. The guys were very appreciative. The other crew was jealous that they were not there. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

05/10/2019

Jon B.

During the day, a couple of dead trees fell onto our house. We called Hancock Tree Service to have them removed. The next morning, their assessor showed as schedule, to give a quote and schedule the service. Later that afternoon, the removal crew showed up and a few hours later the trees were gone. A couple of days after that, another gentleman showed up to grind down the stumps. Everything was very professional.

Description of Work
Tree removal and stump grinding

Work Completed On 04/26/2019

Thank you for the great review! We are striving to make sure all of customers have a excellent experience.

03/31/2019

John F.

I have about 2 acres with a number of large trees which needed some trimming and dead wood removal plus a bunch of stumps that needed to be removed. I called Hancock for an estimate. John came out and we walked the property and I showed him what needed to be done. Along the way he made some good suggestions. He gave me an estimate and we scheduled the work. His crew came out and cleaned up the trees, then another pro came out and removed the stumps. I recommend them for good service.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and stump removal

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We look forward to helping you again in the future.

12/15/2018

Sandra R.

It went very well. They were able to do the work 2 weeks before it was scheduled. Foremen were very nice and professional. They worked safely and cleaned up all of their work.

Description of Work
Removed 3 trees, trimmed branches on 4 trees and ground one stump

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know how we did. We truly appreciate your business and review.

09/13/2018

David T.

It was perfect. They did exactly what we asked for, and they chipped and hauled all of it away. They worked hard and were on time. They were very respectful of us, the homeowners. Well, well pleased and would highly recommend them. Very professional.

Description of Work
Removed several trees and trimmed others

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! What you experienced is what we strive for with each customer. We will make recommendations if asked but ultimately it is your property and we will do whatever you ask. Thanks you again John Hancock

08/31/2018

John A.

The tree was cut down on Aug 31,2018. The price was right, the crew showed up on time and the work was done. But, a limb from the tree that was being cut down fell on my roof and not only gouged a hole in my roof but busted the underlayment. I was present inside my home when the limb fell and heard the tremendous hit my roof took. When I questioned the crew they said everything was ok. I left the next day for a 8 day out of town job and it was not until I returned that I climbed on my roof and found the damage. After talking with the owner and showing him photos of my roof he said he has "some guys" to fix it. I was concerned and called several roofing companies to see what would be involved in fixing my damaged roof but before I could have a reputable roofing company inspect the damage, 2 men showed up in my driveway unannounced and began to climb on my roof. I asked them who they were and they told me they were there to fix my roof per the owner of Hancock Tree Svc. No id or company name just two guys. While they are furiously re-shingling the gouged out area, I tell them it feels like the underlayment is damaged. This doesn't faze them and they continue working. So, I climb into my attic and take additional interior photos of the underlayment damage and send to the owner. He says his tree guys said they did not damage my roof. That he is a contractor and can tell if the damage was done by his guys or not and would come out to look at my roof personally. After my calling and sending several texts, he never came and would not answer a call or return my texts. He basically ignored me and did nothing. Not only did he not have the decency to do the right thing but he essentially called me a liar. As an added insult, his company took a month to remove left over logs in my yard that I paid them to remove and after being told it would only be a week. I'm finally doing this review because even though I got burned, I would not want another unsuspecting person to be subjected to this lack of professional service. It really is a shame that Hancock Tree Svc turned out to be a dishonest and unethical company.

Description of Work
Dead tree removal

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

Review for Hancock Tree Service - 6124 Little Madison Way, Knoxville, TN - 37830084

As shown from all of the excellent reviews. This is an extremely rare and unfortunate situation. It was not our intention to deliver anything except excellence. You have every right to be angry. If the opportunity is available Hancock Tree Service would like to make this situation right.

08/23/2018

Christopher R.

John Gonzalez was awesome. Called several companies and was never comfortable with their assessments. I then called several more companies (including Hancock) Hancock was the only one that agreed to come out that day. John was so friendly and honest that I booked him on the spot and canceled all other other appointments. I asked to keep some of the tree in order to make seats at my firepit and John was happy to do that. I will recommend them to everyone that asks and will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Trimmed Tree and Removed Dead Tree

Work Completed On 08/23/2018

Thank you so much! I will certainly pass this along to him. Your satisfaction is our priority and we get there by honesty and great work. Thanks again John

08/10/2018

Rudy R.

It went great! The guys worked so hard it was unbelievable. The company used a bucket truck and a chipper shredder. The pine trees were topped and then the main trunks were felled. All limbs from the hardwood trees suitable for firewood were cut into 1 foot lengths where requested. Some of the trunks were cut longer for special purposes. Firewood was placed in a designated area. Good crew and company with which to deal. I will definitely call them again in the future.

Description of Work
I needed six (6) trees taken down with some of it cut into firewood lengths.

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

Thank you for taking time to post a positive review for my guys. I will let them know tomorrow that you were pleased with their work. Our goal is complete satisfaction all the time. Thanks again John

07/28/2018

Tony F.

Eric was very professional. Work was done on time and very reasonable.

Description of Work
tree cut down and cut up

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great review.

07/20/2018

Cathy G.

Exceptional service from Hancock Tree service!! After waiting all day for a “no show” from another tree company to arrive and clear the tree, I called Hancock Tree for an estimate. They sent someone within the hour. Not only that, they were able to perform the work that same day! A full crew arrived and completely cleared the mess leaving my yard debris free. Despite arriving at almost sundown, they completed the work same day and did not charge me extra for the after normal business hour timeframe. They were professional, friendly, efficient, and reasonably priced. We’ve used several tree companies over the years and Hancock Tree Service, by FAR, was the absolute BEST company! We’ve already hired them to do other tree work!

Description of Work
A storm the previous day caused a huge limb to fall from our big oak tree and hit the house

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, and a great review at that! We truly try to utilize every minute as efficiently as possible thus allowing us to keep our prices as reasonable as possible. Thank you again, John

06/11/2018

Dwight C.

The owner replied promptly to my initial call, the work was done by a polite crew the next day! They threw in tree trimming for free. Everything was cleaned and tidy before they left. i paid with a check because there is a 3% charge for credit cards as is the case with many small businesses.

Description of Work
Removal of broken tree limb and overgrown bushes

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

Thank You for the great review. We are striving to streamline our services so that ever one has the same kind of experience as you did. Thank you again! John Hancock

05/14/2018

Kathy T.

The crew did a great job. They were quick and very professional and made sure to clean up everything before they left. Even twigs and branches that were on the ground before they arrived were gone when they left.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and tree removal

Work Completed On 03/29/2018

Thank you ma'am for the A's. We truly put safety and cleanup at the top of our priority list. Hope you have a great day and many more. Thanks John

04/22/2018

Kathy C.

Called me immediately to arrange time for estimate. Arrived on time for estimate. Very thorough. Educated me about what needed to be done. Team arrived the next day on time. Completed work without incident. Cleaned up after themselves including removal of some debris that was not part of the project. Removed 3 very tall pines and one suspended branch and ground two stumps. All were very polite. Would definitely use again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Trees cut down and stump grinding

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us. We train our guys to be polite and through on cleanup because that is the lasting impression that we want to leave. We do look forward to serving you again in the future. It was our pleasure, John Hancock

04/13/2018

Diana T.

The crew were all nice and did an excellent job cutting both of the trees down. They were very professional and I highly recommend them for any type tree and brush removal. The price was very reasonable. Lastly they cleaned up afterwards until I was satisfied. You won't go wrong if you use their services.

Description of Work
2 trees cut down

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

Thank you so much for the review. We aim to be the tree service that everyone can rely on. Customer satisfaction is our top priority! Thanks again, John

04/09/2018

Jack D.

We needed to have a large maple tree removed, part of which was hanging over our house. So the job required considerable skill and delicacy. We got several estimates for the job; Hancock Tree Service's was not the lowest, but very close to it. John did an excellent job explaining what would be done and then checking back several times during the day to make sure all was going well. The crew arrived at the scheduled day and time and they were all very efficient and courteous. Using a crane and chain saws, they removed the large maple, section by section, without damaging the house or any of the other nearby trees. They even managed to miss a small azalea bush that was growing at the base of the stump when the last section of the trunk was felled. The crew also did some additional small jobs in the yard as a courtesy. I would certainly hire Hancock Tree Service again.

Description of Work
Removal of a large maple tree next to our house.

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

In was our pleasure to be able to work for you. I will be first to admit that we are not the cheapest company in town, BUT I will also be the first to proclaim that we are the best value. Service, safety and satisfaction. Thank you for the kind review and hopefully we will have the opportunity to work together again. Sincerely John Hancock Owner

02/05/2018

Joel P.

Did a good job. Actually trimmed up some smaller trees at no extra charge just because they were nearby and it only took a few extra minutes. All work was completed very satisfactorily without me being present.

Description of Work
Trimming trees

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

Thank you for leaving a review. We love delivering more than what was expected!

01/15/2018

Lauren J.

I have a large wooded lot with mature trees that needed trimmed, as well as removal of several unhealthy trees. They were very flexible with scheduling. I will definitely use Hancock tree service again and I highly recommend them. Great service that is very affordable!

Description of Work
Assessment of trees, limb trimming and removal of several trees.

Work Completed On 12/22/2017

Thank you for the great review! We have been extremely busy this winter but not to the detriment of quality service. Thanks again John

11/20/2017

Karen C.

Tree work was well done., cleaned up well. Work was not started when promised ,allow extra time for change of schedule.

Description of Work
Trees cut down

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

I am sorry for the delays. We also do hurricane damage cleanup and this year was a duzie. We sent half of our crew to Florida and Texas for 16 weeks and it put a pinch on the crew that was left. In the future there will not be any delays...promise. thanks John

10/16/2017

JOEY V.

Did not call them back for service.

Description of Work
Seemed knowledgeable and prices were inline with other tree trimmers. The only reason we didn't use their service was because the person that came to the house for the estimate said some things that my wife felt were inappropriate.