We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

The Improvement Co

Founded 1997 • With Angi since April 2009

109 B Oakwood Dr

Lexington, SC 29073

The Improvement Company is an Award Winning Contractor providing excellent service in the Roofing, Gutters, Decks & Porches, Home Remodeling and many other home improvement categories.

03/24/2022

Ken F.

They were fine, the man in charge was great, did what he said he would do and everything went fine.

Description of Work
Put up gutter and leaf filters for me

11/11/2020

David B.

They are very good at making a good initial impression. I was asked to make a deposit of approx. $2,780 for a shower renovation project. However, I was shamelessly told that the contract would not include any start or completion dates of any kind because if they could not meet a deadline, I would become angry, and they could not continue to work with an angry customer. According to Dan Osterhaus, we had trust each other if we were to do business together. In other words, he wanted me to give him $2,800 with no commitment whatsoever that he would ever start and/or complete the work. This guy is either a cunning and dishonest businessman or a complete idiot; two very good reasons not hire this company.

Description of Work
Shower Renovation

Category home remodeling

Our reputation has preceded us for 23 years. We kindly and respectfully told you we would start your bathroom this morning, November 12, 2020 to which you agreed. We told you we did not know exactly when we would finish, but gave you a range of when it would be completed. We work hard to insure each job is efficient, thorough and up to our standards. It is unfortunate that our policy regarding deadlines was unacceptable to you and hope that you are able to hire a company that is able to complete your project to your satisfaction in a timely manner.

10/05/2020

Ken F.

The work was good, they were very efficient and they got the job done all in one day.

Description of Work
They took down some old gutter and installed new ones

Category gutter repair

Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you!

07/05/2020

Angeletta W.

The project is completed and it went well. Mr. Dan and his crew was very professional and completed the installation in a timely manner. We’re truly enjoying our porch. I will definitely use them again if I need the service they perform.

Description of Work
We had a screen in porch built

Category awnings, decks

08/20/2019

Alexander M.

Very professional, prompt with all communication from bid to finish. Dan, Brian and Jon did a great job. Jon is an excellent project leader and carpenter.

Description of Work
New Decks and shed roof built.

Category decks, roofing, garage builders

08/16/2019

Julia P.

It was fairly easy to schedule an appointment with them. Dan came on time. I showed him the area which is about 45 inches long and 30 inches high railing to close an open area. He came inside with me and told me it would cost $500. I asked him if he can put something in writing. He said if I’m ready to sign the contract he will email me. I asked him if he can email me a quote first. He said he’s not going to draw something up and I’ll show others to get the job done. Im very disappointed of how our appointment went and fairly surprised why he came.

Description of Work
Railing around front porch

Category handyman service

Ms. [Member Name Removed] could not communicate to what exactly she wanted but wanted us to provide measurements for her. She then said she could get a handyman to do it from the builder that built her home for a fraction of the cost that we estimated and that she would provide the materials for him. We are happy to provide free estimates and to drive over 30 miles round trip for someone that is willing to tell us the item they want, in this case installed (we usually ask them to provide a picture of something that they like or have seen), but if they don't know what it is we are unable to provide an estimate until that final decision is made. We apologize for any miscommunication that might have been our responsibility.

03/15/2019

Kevin K.

We are very happy with our deck. Dan and his team listened to what we wanted, provided suggestions and ideas and delivered exactly what we asked them to build in a timely manner. We will use them on future projects and confidently recommend them.

Description of Work
400 sq.ft. Wood deck construction

Category decks

Your family was a delight to serve! Thank you!!

11/29/2018

Gore B.

Terrible. They didn’t show up at the appointment and when I called to find out where the estimator was, the office made me call the estimator myself. When I did, the estimator was rude and said they didn’t want to even give me an estimate. Where do I send them my bill for wasting my time !?

Description of Work
I submitted a detailed scope and waited to have an estimate appointment.

Category roofing, siding

We apologize for the apparent miscommunication, however we have physical records showing that our company communicated that we would be happy to serve this customer on December 6th at 9:30 AM. This is the discrepancy as this customer thought the appointment was a week earlier than originally agreed upon.

09/12/2018

Linda S.

I couldn't be more pleased with Dan and his crew of Jake and Paul, plus others as needed. They were neat, confining dirt and dust from the rest of the house. They even cleaned up everything before leaving each night. They used my ideas and made them better by pointing me to experts to help me pick out coordinating tile and bathroom fixtures and showing me how things could be better. They used the existing too large shower stall and left a newly tiled shower with glass doors and added a linen closet. What a bonus (Jake's idea.) They replaced the bathtub, retiled the floor, raised the existing cabinetry, added granite tops with ceramic sinks, installed new plumbing and faucets, raised the tv to needed height, hid the wiring inside the walls and added new electrical outlets where needed and new vent fans in the shower and water closet. The room is beautiful and the work masterful. These are great people who truly wanted me to be happy. I tried to keep my interference to a minimum but if there was some small thing I found displeasing , maybe once, they were happy to redo something that other people would never notice. These are people with great hearts and it shows in their attitudes and attention to detail. Highly recommended for bathrooms and any other project you might need.

Description of Work
remodeled bathroom

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Thank you so much for the work! It was a privilege to serve you. You have a beautiful home!!

09/05/2018

Janet K.

I contacted The Improvement Company and was greeted with a prompt and professional person who gave me the name and number of their "gutter guy." I called the "gutter guy" and we set up a time for him to come by to look at our problem. He never showed up, never called. Haven't heard from them at all. I will not use them again. Very poor service at best by not calling to inform me of not being able to make our agreed upon appointment time and not even calling me back at all. Took our business elsewhere.

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair

We apologize for any miscommunication. We don't intend to loose business before we are able to sell it. We hope the company you chose did a great job!

07/23/2018

Sylvia F.

Services were rendered promptly and professionally. All employees from the owner to each specialist were reliable and trustworthy. Jon was an excellent project manager.

Description of Work
Remodel (added bedroom, full bath, walk-in pantry and relocated dining area)

Category custom cabinets, drywall, hardwood floor, lighting, masonry, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

You guys are fun to serve! Thanks again for the work!!

03/12/2018

chester K.

Job went very well, stayed on schedule. Very responsive to customer wishes. Trades were professional and confident in their work. Kept a very clean work site. I am extremely pleased with the project results and would use this team again.

Description of Work
Added shed dormer to house.

Category contractors, drywall, lighting, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows

Love your log home and how it turned out! Thanks for allowing us to serve you

02/25/2018

Rolley H.

Very prompt, professional, high-quality work. Very pleased with staff and service. Clint was great to work with, as were the other workers.

Description of Work
Guttering added

Thanks for the work!

01/05/2018

Eve W.

Excellent and professional service and experienced installers.

Description of Work
Replace balcony support beam, removed old attic insulation and replaced with new insulation and replace attic access stairway.

Category contractors, remodeling, roofing, woodworking

08/11/2017

Tracy B.

It went as scheduled and on time. Very satisfied! We made an appointment for a quote; they called and confirmed the day before and came on time. We hired them and will hire again for future work.

Description of Work
I had gutter repair and trim work up high on the house repaired.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Thank you!

04/24/2017

Scott B.

Absolutely amazing! The promptness and professionalism was great. They are a Christian company who operated on the same principles.

Description of Work
Destroyed the former deck, installed footings, and rebuilt the deck.

Category decks

Thank you! You were a pleasure to serve

01/25/2017

Beth R.

Went great, had the work done in a timely manner, gave me options to take care of my problem.

Description of Work
Cleaned gutters and added gutter guards

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

12/20/2016

REBEKAH P.

It went very well. In the area of professionalism and timeline of the project, they exceeded expectations. We got two estimates and though they were about $1000 higher, we chose them because they were closer and seemed to have more resources. We are glad we did. the contract was signed on 11/25 and all but the finishing touches were completed 12/9, When we mentioned to our children on Thanksgiving that everything would be done by Christmas, they laughed. And at that time, we hadn't even contemplated the extra project we asked them to do! After they demolished the old deck and walkway, in consultation and agreement with my husband, they made some design changes to the deck that boosted the lower level a little more above the ground for better drainage. They did not replace the railing to the walkway, because it wasn't really needed, but I think I like it better without the railing. My only quibble is the post that they installed in support of the new overhang looks a little sketchy and almost impermanent. Brian and Dan's communication with us was stellar. They always kept us in the loop. Even though we made the last payment before the gutters had been re-installed, and the final overhang post put in they never left us hanging. All we have left to do is paint, but we cannot do that until spring.

Description of Work
Our old deck, walkway, stairs to the deck, storage area, and front porch railings replaced. Also rotten wooden siding replaced around the house and garage, and a small roof added to the breezeway connecting the back door and the door to the garage. In addition, midway through the job, we decided to add an over hang covering the raised portion of the deck flush with the house.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding

We really enjoyed working with you! Thank you so much for the work

12/11/2016

Bradley Y.

Overall, we are extremely happy with the result. There were a few issues along the way with sub-contractors, but Dan had all of them corrected in very short order. The length of the job/timing of services was adequate. Dan was professional throughout the project. I would definitely recommend The Improvement Company to others.

Description of Work
Built a screen porch addition onto my home.

Category decks, remodeling, roofing, sunrooms

Wonderful experience serving you!

12/09/2016

John D.

In general it was a positive experience. Although there was some delays. Once we got started there was days they were at other jobs and not show up on some days. Overall they did a good job.

Description of Work
They resided my house and painted the house.

Thank you for the work!

12/05/2016

Mary P.

They did an excellent job. They were on time and did what they were supposed to do. They were professional.

Description of Work
Installed outdoor light fixtures.

Category handyman service, lighting

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you!

09/28/2016

Lewis H.

All the work was done to our satisfaction. There was one issue on the bannisters which they followed up on and corrected in a timely fashion. We would use them again.

Description of Work
We use them for new gutters, new bannisters, new deck flooring and two awnings.

Category awnings, custom cabinets, decks, gutter repair, masonry, house painters

Thank you for the work!

04/18/2016

Debra S.

They were fast and very clean. I really like that they cleaned up after themselves. Chris was very nice and kept me completely informed.

Description of Work
We had our roof replaced. We gave Lowes the list from Dan. Not only were shingles that were delivered wrong, but they did not have any right ones stock. Chris the foreman on our job not only found us a better price on shingles he went to the store for us. He also return the unused ones for credit.

We appreciate so much the opportunity to serve you!

04/09/2016

Ruth R.

I am a past customer of the company. Work completed was outstanding. I need additional work scope performed and they are now completely non responsive to my calls and emails. Frustrating to not get some level of consideration as a past significant client.

Description of Work
Non-responsive

Category handyman service, roofing

We apologize that we did not contact you in a more timely manner. We are buried right now and appreciate again the work you allowed us to do for you before. Thanks for giving us the opportunity

02/27/2016

Christopher R.

Clint responded to my request for a quote quickly and less than 24 hours later the entire project was complete. Gutters look great and they were able to use my existing downspouts to save money and look better. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed gutters along my covered front porch and reworked existing downspout.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for your kind review. Thank you for allowing us to serve you