The Improvement Co

SC
South Carolina: General

109 B Oakwood Dr

Lexington, SC 29073

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

The Improvement Company is an Award Winning Contractor providing excellent service in the Roofing, Gutters, Decks & Porches, Home Remodeling and many other home improvement categories....

roofing (86)gutter repair (43)siding companies (23)decks & porches (23)home remodeling (14)door installation (13)window replacement (11)general contractors (9)house painting (7)woodworking (6)flooring (6)drywall (4)

11/11/2020

They are very good at making a good initial impression. I was asked to make a deposit of approx. $2,780 for a shower renovation project. However, I was shamelessly told that the contract would not include any start or completion dates of any kind because if they could not meet a deadline, I would become angry, and they could not continue to work with an angry customer. According to Dan Osterhaus, ...

Description of Work
Shower Renovation

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Our reputation has preceded us for 23 years. We kindly and respectfully told you we would start your bathroom this morning, November 12, 2020 to which you agreed. We told you we did not know exactly when we would finish, but gave you a range of when it would be completed. We work hard to insure each job is efficient, thorough and up to our standards. It is unfortunate that our policy regarding dea...

10/05/2020

The work was good, they were very efficient and they got the job done all in one day.

Description of Work
They took down some old gutter and installed new ones

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Thank you so much for the opportunity to serve you!

07/05/2020

The project is completed and it went well. Mr. Dan and his crew was very professional and completed the installation in a timely manner. We’re truly enjoying our porch. I will definitely use them again if I need the service they perform.

Description of Work
We had a screen in porch built

Category awnings,decks

Work Completed On 07/01/2020

Review for The Improvement Co - 109 B Oakwood Dr, Lexington, SC - 38713107

08/20/2019

Very professional, prompt with all communication from bid to finish. Dan, Brian and Jon did a great job. Jon is an excellent project leader and carpenter.

Description of Work
New Decks and shed roof built.

Category decks,roofing,garage builders

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

08/16/2019

It was fairly easy to schedule an appointment with them. Dan came on time. I showed him the area which is about 45 inches long and 30 inches high railing to close an open area. He came inside with me and told me it would cost $500. I asked him if he can put something in writing. He said if I’m ready to sign the contract he will email me. I asked him if he can email me a quote first. He said he’s n...

Description of Work
Railing around front porch

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

Ms. [Member Name Removed] could not communicate to what exactly she wanted but wanted us to provide measurements for her. She then said she could get a handyman to do it from the builder that built her home for a fraction of the cost that we estimated and that she would provide the materials for him. We are happy to provide free estimates and to drive over 30 miles round trip for someone that is w...

03/15/2019

We are very happy with our deck. Dan and his team listened to what we wanted, provided suggestions and ideas and delivered exactly what we asked them to build in a timely manner. We will use them on future projects and confidently recommend them.

Description of Work
400 sq.ft. Wood deck construction

Category decks

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

Your family was a delight to serve! Thank you!!

11/29/2018

Terrible. They didn’t show up at the appointment and when I called to find out where the estimator was, the office made me call the estimator myself. When I did, the estimator was rude and said they didn’t want to even give me an estimate. Where do I send them my bill for wasting my time !?

Description of Work
I submitted a detailed scope and waited to have an estimate appointment.

Category roofing,siding

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

We apologize for the apparent miscommunication, however we have physical records showing that our company communicated that we would be happy to serve this customer on December 6th at 9:30 AM. This is the discrepancy as this customer thought the appointment was a week earlier than originally agreed upon.

09/12/2018

I couldn't be more pleased with Dan and his crew of Jake and Paul, plus others as needed. They were neat, confining dirt and dust from the rest of the house. They even cleaned up everything before leaving each night. They used my ideas and made them better by pointing me to experts to help me pick out coordinating tile and bathroom fixtures and showing me how things could be better. They used the ...

Description of Work
remodeled bathroom

Category contractors,countertops,drywall,flooring contractor,lighting,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

Thank you so much for the work! It was a privilege to serve you. You have a beautiful home!!

09/05/2018

I contacted The Improvement Company and was greeted with a prompt and professional person who gave me the name and number of their "gutter guy." I called the "gutter guy" and we set up a time for him to come by to look at our problem. He never showed up, never called. Haven't heard from them at all. I will not use them again. Very poor service at best by not calling to inform me of not being able ...

Description of Work
Gutter repair

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

We apologize for any miscommunication. We don't intend to loose business before we are able to sell it. We hope the company you chose did a great job!

07/23/2018

Services were rendered promptly and professionally. All employees from the owner to each specialist were reliable and trustworthy. Jon was an excellent project manager.

Description of Work
Remodel (added bedroom, full bath, walk-in pantry and relocated dining area)

Category custom cabinets,drywall,hardwood floor,lighting,masonry,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,doors

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

You guys are fun to serve! Thanks again for the work!!

Roofing, Gutters, Decks & Porches, Siding, Windows, Doors, Custom Remodeling, Tile Backsplash, Wall Removals, Granite Countertops, Cabinets, Decorative Concrete, Epoxy Floors, Sunrooms & Custom Ironworks.

N/A