Artistic Masonry Co

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
07/08/2023

731 Colwell Rd

Swarthmore, PA 19081

Trust your next masonry project to the professionals. Not only do we offer you an insured and licensed specialist to lay out your project, we also provide you with exclusive warranties on our products and services. Ask your masonry expert during your estimate about what warranties we can offer you. With over 24 years of experience in masonry, Artistic Masonry Company is the premiere authority on all stone and brickwork in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. No travel charges. No service fees. Award winning. Additional DBA - Artistic Masonry Company....

masonry (236)chimney repair (32)hardscaping (31)stucco (29)basement waterproofing (29)concrete repair (29)stone & gravel (16)lawn & landscaping (12)chimney cap repair (8)plumbers (8)drain pipe installation (6)excavating (6)

03/26/2022

Dean M.

Perfectly. Carl met with me for a challenging problem/project I had previously hired (years ago) another contractor to solve/install. It involved installing a natural stone “stairway,“ with landings, on two small hills. The previous contractor did not succeed. Carl assessed and knew instantly what needed to be done, gave me a reasonable price, communicated effectively, always showed up on time with his crew and, at the risk of sounding hyperbolic, did a perfect job. Every member of his crew was customer and project focused. I already plan to welcome them back for another project elsewhere on my property.

Description of Work
Demolition of previous stone steps and building/setting new stone stair/walkway down two hills.

Category concrete repair,masonry,pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 03/17/2022

01/05/2022

David D.

Our 1890s Victorian had a brick sidewalk that was in pretty bad shape. Artistic Masonry had done work for us in the past so we asked them for a quote. The job was well planned out and then executed to that plan. Weather added some challenges but the team adapted as needed. We are thrilled with the result. Neighbors and walkers have also commented on the great job. We highly recommend Artistic Masonry to meet your needs.

Description of Work
Our front brick side walk needed to be totally replaced

Category masonry,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

Review for Artistic Masonry Co - 731 Colwell Rd, Swarthmore, PA - 39588688

01/16/2021

Joan B.

Would highly recommend Artistic Masonry Co without hesitation; Excellent craftsmanship, proficient, honest, and fair pricing. Carl and his guys really enjoyed working together and the outstanding job was completed in one day. Truly a pleasure!

Description of Work
Chimney Removal

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

Review for Artistic Masonry Co - 731 Colwell Rd, Swarthmore, PA - 39138299

01/15/2021

Joan B.

Exceptional work was promptly completed in one day. Carl, River; and Dominic whom I’ve spoken to were honest; courteous and a pleasure to have work on my Victorian home.

Description of Work
Removal of 9’ chimney on roof & 3rd floor

Category ceramic tile,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

09/16/2020

Meagan W.

Carl and his team were EXCELLENT to work with! Very consultative, did wonderful work, and were very reasonably priced. I have a stone facade house that's over 100 years old and required repointing. Carl was extremely knowledgeable on historic restoration techniques and the specialized materials work like this requires. His crew was efficient and treated my home like their own, cleaning up each day, minding the landscaping, and doing high quality work. I have recommended them to several people and would not hesitate to use them again. See pics for before and after of one of my columns.

Description of Work
Repointing and repairing mortar on a stone foundation and facade on a 130 year old house

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

07/20/2020

Julian B.

Carl and his guys were extremely friendly and courteous. Easy to communicate with, very professional the whole time. Worked efficiently, kept a tidy workspace, left it looking great. Carl was thoughtful and communicative about solutions to challenges as he encountered them with our 100+ yr old rowhouse. Brick looks great, would absolutely hire again.

Description of Work
Installed lintels & repointed brick on exterior wall

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Thank You for your nice review. I appreciate you being patient with the long wait.

08/30/2019

Dylan F.

Carl and his team from Artistic Masonry Co. did an amazing job on our front stoop. When the original plan of replacing the brick structure got turned on its head (they discovered the original marble stairs beneath it), Carl and the team pivoted from the original plan to restore the stoop to its original form and beauty. We're honestly amazed with the results. This was by no means a straightforward job, but Carl and his team handled it seamlessly and with nothing but a positive attitude. We will definitely contact them with any future needs and can't recommend them enough.

Description of Work
N/A

Category concrete repair,masonry

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

04/22/2019

Kate B.

PGW wrecked about three feet our old flagstone sidewalk when running a new gas-line into our house. Since my kids kept falling into the hole, I knew that I had better act! Carl was great to work with. He got the project done in one day, and he and his guys were very professional and cleaned up after themselves when they were done. There was one spot where PGW had spray painted a slate stone and they even removed that yellow piece and rearranged the stones so that I wouldn't have to see the paint. It was a very thoughtful touch! I would definitely hire him again!

Description of Work
Fixed walkway after PGW damaged it

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

Thank you for the kind words. You were a pleasure to work for. Carl

04/20/2019

Dennis R.

Even hung up on me when I tried to work reschedule

Description of Work
I didn’t even get a chance to get a estimate he kept me waiting all day didn’t have the courtesy of calling me back telling me he wasn’t going to show up I guess we had better job to do they mine and I am 100% disabled veteran thanks for nothing Hopefully all companies don’t treat your veterans like this

Category masonry

This is not what happened. Here is the actual story: This gentleman called me and asked me if I would consider doing a small patio for him. I explained that we were booked until late summer and that we weren't doing estimates at this time due to our backlog. He then explained that he was a disabled veteran so I agreed to make an exception and that I would try to stop by on Saturday but I couldn't give him a definite time. He said "No problem just call when you can make it". That Saturday morning I had a family emergency in southern Delaware and I was called out of my home at 6am. I left without my schedule book which had his phone number. It was a very difficult day because of what happened to my family member so I stayed to help out my sister. Sometimes there are other things that take precedence over work. At about 4 oclock my phone rang and it was this Gentleman calling. When I answered he was clearly irate and he began yelling immediately. I apologized and explained my situation but he didn't want to hear an explanation. I asked if he wanted to reschedule and he said " No. I'll just find someone else". I continued to apologize and try to explain myself by he didn't want to listen to reason. This is when I got a little bit angry and hung up. That is the only part of the story that was accurate. I certainly DID hang up on him. I dont think I deserved to be scolded like a child from another person after having a difficult day with my family. I think it's pretty clear from my other reviews that I care about people and customer service and I would never intentionally treat someone with disrespect by not showing up for no reason. I wish this fellow all the best and I hope he finds some serenity.

04/08/2019

Michael L.

Working with Carl and his workers was very easy. Carl explained the things that he felt that I should know about the work. We scheduled a time and Artistic Masonry showed up exactly on time. They told me when they would start and stop and how long the job would take. Carl and his workers were very courteous, worked hard, and cleaned up after they were done. They moved some items in the basement that they needed to and put them back when they were done. I did have a question about one thing and Carl scheduled a time and came back and addressed it. I was very pleased with the work and would definitely hire them again. They did a very nice job and the basement walls look great.

Description of Work
My basement walls were resurfaced. The walls were prepped to remove loose or deteriorated masonry. They then applied a bonding agent and parged the walls with new cement with a sponge texture. They then applied Drycon cementious masonry water repellant to the walls.

Work Completed On 03/13/2019

Thank You for the kind words. You were a pleasure to work for. Carl

Masonry – Brick Restoration, Stone, Stucco Repair & Painting, Concrete Work, & Chimney Repair. Hardscaping – Paver Patios, Paver Steps, Retaining Walls, Flagstone Walkways & Patios, & Hardscape Design & Installation. Basement Waterproofing - French Drain Installations, Basement Wall Resurfacing, Exterior Rubber Membranes, Concrete Floors, Finished Basements, Drywall & Paneling, Tile Installations, & Drop Ceilings.