Artistic Masonry Co

• Trade License Number
  • PA038811

731 Colwell Rd

Swarthmore, PA 19081

Trust your next masonry project to the professionals. Not only do we offer you an insured and licensed specialist to lay out your project, we also provide you with exclusive warranties on our products and services. Ask your masonry expert during your estimate about what warranties we can offer you. With over 24 years of experience in masonry, Artistic Masonry Company is the premiere authority on all stone and brickwork in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. No travel charges. No service fees. Award winning. Additional DBA - Artistic Masonry Company....

masonry (234)chimney repair (32)hardscaping (30)stucco (29)basement waterproofing (29)concrete repair (28)stone & gravel (14)lawn & landscaping (12)chimney cap repair (8)plumbers (8)drain pipe installation (6)excavating (6)

01/16/2021

Would highly recommend Artistic Masonry Co without hesitation; Excellent craftsmanship, proficient, honest, and fair pricing. Carl and his guys really enjoyed working together and the outstanding job was completed in one day. Truly a pleasure!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney Removal

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2021

Photo for Artistic Masonry Co - 731 Colwell Rd, Swarthmore, PA - 39138299

01/15/2021

Exceptional work was promptly completed in one day. Carl, River; and Dominic whom I’ve spoken to were honest; courteous and a pleasure to have work on my Victorian home.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removal of 9’ chimney on roof & 3rd floor

CATEGORY ceramic tile,chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2021

09/16/2020

Carl and his team were EXCELLENT to work with! Very consultative, did wonderful work, and were very reasonably priced. I have a stone facade house that's over 100 years old and required repointing. Carl was extremely knowledgeable on historic restoration techniques and the specialized materials work like this requires. His crew was efficient and treated my home like their own, cleaning up each day...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repointing and repairing mortar on a stone foundation and facade on a 130 year old house

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/16/2020

07/20/2020

Carl and his guys were extremely friendly and courteous. Easy to communicate with, very professional the whole time. Worked efficiently, kept a tidy workspace, left it looking great. Carl was thoughtful and communicative about solutions to challenges as he encountered them with our 100+ yr old rowhouse. Brick looks great, would absolutely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed lintels & repointed brick on exterior wall

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/14/2020

Thank You for your nice review. I appreciate you being patient with the long wait.

08/30/2019

Carl and his team from Artistic Masonry Co. did an amazing job on our front stoop. When the original plan of replacing the brick structure got turned on its head (they discovered the original marble stairs beneath it), Carl and the team pivoted from the original plan to restore the stoop to its original form and beauty. We're honestly amazed with the results. This was by no means a straightforward...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
N/A

CATEGORY concrete repair,masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2019

04/22/2019

PGW wrecked about three feet our old flagstone sidewalk when running a new gas-line into our house. Since my kids kept falling into the hole, I knew that I had better act! Carl was great to work with. He got the project done in one day, and he and his guys were very professional and cleaned up after themselves when they were done. There was one spot where PGW had spray painted a slate stone and th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed walkway after PGW damaged it

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/17/2019

Thank you for the kind words. You were a pleasure to work for. Carl

04/20/2019

Even hung up on me when I tried to work reschedule

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I didn’t even get a chance to get a estimate he kept me waiting all day didn’t have the courtesy of calling me back telling me he wasn’t going to show up I guess we had better job to do they mine and I am 100% disabled veteran thanks for nothing Hopefully all companies don’t treat your veterans like this

CATEGORY masonry

This is not what happened. Here is the actual story: This gentleman called me and asked me if I would consider doing a small patio for him. I explained that we were booked until late summer and that we weren't doing estimates at this time due to our backlog. He then explained that he was a disabled veteran so I agreed to make an exception and that I would try to stop by on Saturday but I couldn't ...

04/08/2019

Working with Carl and his workers was very easy. Carl explained the things that he felt that I should know about the work. We scheduled a time and Artistic Masonry showed up exactly on time. They told me when they would start and stop and how long the job would take. Carl and his workers were very courteous, worked hard, and cleaned up after they were done. They moved some items in the basement th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My basement walls were resurfaced. The walls were prepped to remove loose or deteriorated masonry. They then applied a bonding agent and parged the walls with new cement with a sponge texture. They then applied Drycon cementious masonry water repellant to the walls.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/13/2019

Thank You for the kind words. You were a pleasure to work for. Carl

03/24/2019

This is the fourth project we have reached out to Carl about. So that says quite a bit about what we think of their work. He has repointed our brick front and rebuilt the stoop. He has built a cement walkway and a simpler fix of filling in a mortar joint between my and my neighbors house as we had yet another water infiltration issue. Carl and his crew are always professional and the work is alway...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Parged the foundation walls and built a brick wall. We were having water infiltration issue and decided it was time to get the foundation walls fixed. the walls were crumbling to the touch in many spots and each rain brought in water at the rear. There was no moisture protection ever done by the original contractors. In the south wall where we have half a crawl space, we had a brick wall built to close off part of it. Originally there was drywall, but we wanted something nicer and sturdier. We also in the space next to that wall had a cinder brick wall done along the rest of the south wall. This one is in the utility closet space. To do all this, the dry wall and carpet needed to be removed. The walls needed to be parged, and the brick wall built.

COST $8,424.99

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/11/2019

Photo for Artistic Masonry Co - 731 Colwell Rd, Swarthmore, PA - 37778592

03/05/2019

Carl and his team provide exceptional service and quality work. They communicate about scheduling, offer fair pricing, show up on time, and clean up when they leave. This is the second job I hired Artistic Masonry for and the work has been excellent both times.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Star Bolts with drywall repair, stair stabilization, and installation of glass block windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2019

Masonry – Brick Restoration, Stone, Stucco Repair & Painting, Concrete Work, & Chimney Repair. Hardscaping – Paver Patios, Paver Steps, Retaining Walls, Flagstone Walkways & Patios, & Hardscape Design & Installation. Basement Waterproofing - French Drain Installations, Basement Wall Resurfacing, Exterior Rubber Membranes, Concrete Floors, Finished Basements, Drywall & Paneling, Tile Installations, & Drop Ceilings.