Zingrone Landscaping

Founded 1993 • With Angi since January 2004

12 employees. Cost determined by the job. Additional information: lawn mowing for the South Hills area and Shadyside and Squirrel Hill areas of Pittsburgh only. DO NOT CALL THE PHONE NUMBER CONNECTED TO ANGIES LIST, with the link. PLEASE CALL. 412-886-9818 ONLY. Thank you and we look forward to

2022 Super Service Award

4.4

lawn & landscaping (106)lawn care (41)hardscaping (31)mulch delivering (21)tree service (15)leaf removal (9)concrete repair (7)pressure washing (5)lawn treatment (5)excavating (5)stone & gravel (4)snow removal (3)

10/04/2022

Jonathan H.

Great service. They are very dependable and responsive to requests.

Description of Work
Recurring Lawncare

Category concrete repair, lawn service

Work Completed On 10/04/2022

09/20/2022

Nancy B.

Zingrone's crew did a fantastic job removing the overgrown vegetation from a 100 ft. long juniper hedge. It was a nasty job and the crew worked very hard and the finished results was better than I had ever imagined. I wish I had taken a before and after picture to show how beautiful the hedge looks now. So very pleased that I hired this company. Thanks Zingrone Landscaping

Description of Work
Removed overgrown vegetation of brambles, vines and small trees from a 100 Foot long Juniper hedge

Category concrete repair, lawn service

Work Completed On 09/20/2022

12/16/2021

Melissa S.

It was great! We let our yard go and almost had trees growing out of our roof. They trimmed every Back, took down all the random trees. Our back patio is usable again. They hauled all the debris away. And not once did they block the driveway (though i expect that was a pain for them). We were so happy with the services we have booked them to come back next year.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

11/18/2021

Justin G.

We've hired Zingrone for two phases of work in the last year or so. Over the course of those projects, we've planted two trees & a bunch of shrubs, we've widened our driveway with Belgium block, we've added a paver walkway in the front yard, we've repaired some cracks in our concrete front porch, and we've massively re-graded the front yard to improve the drainage. We've been consistently happy with the work and it's been a pleasure working with Joe and his team. At the start of each project, Joe identified elegant and cost-effective solutions. (Seriously - the drainage solutions he came up with for the front yard were super effective and much less expensive than the default options we'd had in mind.) Communication throughout each project was solid; the inevitable misunderstandings you get with a long project were always resolved quickly and amiably. I'm especially impressed that there was no drop-off in quality even for our second project - we were expecting COVID-related labor shortages to have more of an impact. In short, Zingrone does great work and they're great to work with. That's why they're our go-to landscapers.

Description of Work
Grading, drainage, mulch, shrubs, trees, pavers, Belgium block

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

10/22/2021

Nicholas D.

Zingrone Landscaping always does a top quality job. I have been using their services for several years, and have had retaining walls built, driveways done, grass cutting, tree trimming, and a host of other services. They always do an amazing job and are very responsive to any of my questions or concerns.

Description of Work
General Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, pressure washing

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

07/09/2021

Destenie N.

The lot originally had concrete rubble, trash, overgrown trees, as well as tons of mice. We hired Zingrone to convert the lot into a useable yard. They cleaned everything up, graded the slope (now the yard has a flat picnic area and a gentle slope), and they planted grass. I am extremely happy with the final result and my dog is too. The company was very professional, transparent, and their work is high quality. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
We hired Zingrone Inc to clear rubble and fix up empty lot. They took the overgrown empty lot and turned it into a useable yard.

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

10/31/2020

Justin G.

Great! We were very satisfied with the speed and quality of the work and the end result was good value for money. We will definitely be calling Zingrone for our future landscaping needs.

Description of Work
General landscaping

Category landscaping, home builders, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

10/30/2020

Patricia M.

From first meeting to last day of work it was a pleasure to work with Joe and his crew. I did alot of research before our meeting so when I met with Joe, I was aware (and impressed) of how knowledgeable he was about plants, flowers and landscape design. His communication with us was excellent, always returning emails or calls within a day or two. Combine this with his professionalism instilled the confidence we needed. He provided us with template of the design well in advance making changes easy to make. Joe listened to our ideas and helped us create our vision. Two landscapers I met with before Joe, were not responsive to any input and told me to just trust them! These same landscapers use the same design, shrubs and plants on every house in our neighborhood regardless of its architecture. We wanted a unique design that fit the look of our house and Joe was the one that delivered it. In the future will be using Zingrone Landscaping exclusively. We are extremely happy with the job! He delivered on everything that he promised.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category home builders, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/18/2020

Sharon M.

rubber mulch removed and shredded bark mulch installed; shrub planted, patio pavers reset, pressure washed; vines cleared and 2 dead trees removed

Description of Work
The job went smoothly over several days. Good communication with all involved. Office got back to me in a timely manner and all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. Appointment was confirmed and workers showed up consistently on time and ready to get the job done. They worked hard and cleaned up each day before leaving. A few minor concerns were addressed promptly and to my satisfaction.

Category mulch, tree service, pressure washing, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

04/09/2020

Frank K.

I asked that riding lawn mowers not be used on my lawn as the tires make ruts in my lawn and causes ponding when it rains. I was told that if the grass cutter uses push mower that it would cost more money because it would take a longer amount of time to cut. That was an unprofessional response from the owner of the company. I decided not to have my grass cut by this company. I find his responses rather rude and unprofessional.

Description of Work
Requested grasscutting

Category lawn service

[Member Name Removed] contacted me 03-27-2020 at 2:55 pm and asked me for a grass cutting price. I contacted him back by 3:34 pm and I told him $42 but I would do it for 40 percut that includes trimming blowing off grass clippings and Hauling away the grass clippings. I said we would be mowing in a couple weeks approximately. He agreed and said put me on your list. Last evening out of the blue at 9:38 p.m. [Member Name Removed] contacted me and said he would meet with me 04-13-2020 Monday at 10 a.m. to discuss other work. I was a bit surprised because the time it was and just for him to assume I could meet him at the time. I told him I could not meet with him at 10 a.m. Monday morning but I could after 1 p.m. Then he said. "Also, I am not sure if I mentioned this to you but I do not allow riding lawnmowers. The grass must be cut by a regular push mower. " How he's not sure if he mentioned it i don't know because everything is in text so its all documented. I texted him "no problem but it will be more." He texted "more what? Time I'm assuming?" I said "yes more time equals more money" He said please take me off your list and I said "no problem" and that was the end of the conversation. So that being said we have never cut his grass. Zingrone Landscaping wishes [Member Name Removed] good luck

10/30/2019

JEREMY M.

Very good experience. Joe met with me to discuss my vision and give me some suggestions to make sure the trees we selected and their planting locations wouldn't cause damage to nearby structures as they grew. His crew planted an October Glory Maple and Bloodgood Maple in our backyard as well as two Cleveland Select Pears by our street. He had trouble finding the clump style Whitespire Birch that I wanted and suggested some alternatives, but I was determined to get the Whitespire, and he looked for over a month until he could locate them. They were installed shortly before I left town for a long period, so I set up automatic soaker hoses to water them, and he stopped by the house a bunch of times while I was gone to check things and let me know if I needed to have someone adjust the frequency of watering. Cost was comparable to a second estimate I received from another landscaper, and billing was in parts as the job was done. Joe previously had helped me install trees at my prior house and remembered details of that old job, and I was happy then too. Knowledgeable, quality advice, plants, and installation. Left site clean.

Description of Work
Joe planted 7 trees and 5 rhododendrons in my yard

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

07/04/2019

Terry C.

Job was put on the schedule and then completed as proposed.

Description of Work
Applying organic herbicide to river rock and pavers

Work Completed On 06/07/2019

05/31/2019

Matt W.

Got back to us quick and came out for a quote but noted that they wouldn't be able to do this work and gave us advice; very nice and responsive; would call for other work, just didn't specialize in the type of hardscape work we needed.

Description of Work
Quote for patio

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

10/30/2018

Angelina Z.

It was a very good experience. They did a very nice job. Right after they did the work, we had a big storm which created a gully in my yard so he had to come back out and re-plant the grass and re-mulch in those areas, but he made no complaints. After the second time he came out we had another rainstorm and the same thing happened again. He was more than willing to come back out and said he would make it work and he did. I was very happy with the work that he did.

Description of Work
Re-planted grass in my yard after it was ruined from a cement driveway installation.

Work Completed On 09/13/2018

10/29/2018

Christine .

Excellent. They came on time and finished the job in two days due to some bad weather. In addition to trimming the bushes, they removed all the dead parts so they will regenerate. There was no mess to clean up and I hardly knew they were there after they were done. It was quite an extensive job with the overgrown vines with the job being over a steep hillside and the vines stretching across six large pine trees. Three weeks after it was done, all the vines appear to have died off.

Description of Work
I needed to have bushes removed and trimmed. I also had them out to remove vines over my hillside.

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

10/29/2018

Darlene B.

They were professional, thorough and cleaned the area when finished. I would indeed hire these guys again.

Description of Work
yard work to remove poison ivy which was turned down by other companies

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 09/03/2018

10/28/2018

charles M.

Retaining wall- We had our old retaining wall replaced with Versa-Lok block & had an additional retaining wall added in another area. Behind the old retaining wall, there was an old drainage system funneling water onto the driveway. This became hazardous during the winter. They were able to solve that problem & the new retaining wall looks great. River Rock- We had grass in 2 areas of our yard replaced with a combination of river rock & cypress mulch. It looks very nice & has cut back on yard maintenance. Landscaping- Removed dead hedges, leveled the area & planted grass. We also had one yew removed & a rhododendron planted. The employees were polite & always willing to answer questions. Mr. Zingrone came the first day to review the job with his employees & checked in occasionally. Although they were the highest bid, we felt comfortable with Mr. Zingrone due to the detail provided in his contract.

Description of Work
Retaining wall, landscaping

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

10/23/2018

Warren M.

Joe and his crew are doing an amazing job removing a patch of invasive bamboo and landscaping a steep hillside. They work very hard and are a pleasure to deal with. Responsive and communicate extremely well plus handle any problems or changes to the work scope that occurs.

Description of Work
Bamboo removal and landscape hillside.

Category excavators, landscaping, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

10/19/2018

August P.

The team did a fantastic job and we've had many compliments on the rock hardscape that was laid. I'd definitely hire agin!

Description of Work
Had Zingrone clean up one of the hills in yard, including trimming some low hanging branches and weeding, plus planting some flowers and shrubs and lay a new rock border plus rocks on another hill to redecorate. The prices, for the work performed, was very reasonable.

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

10/19/2018

Michael T.

I would hire Zingrone Landscaping again because Joe was thorough about what needed to be done verbally and in writing. His crew did a great job and they were punctual and always professional.

Description of Work
My patio needed to be pressure washed, pointed and protected, I also needed blue rug juniper planted and mulched on a terrace.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, mulch, pressure washing, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/19/2018

06/23/2018

Todd R.

It went very well. Joe and his team were excellent. i had this odd issue, which is i needed a bamboo grove in a large planter removed/dug out and replaced with large plants [green fence]. I got three bids, and while Zingrone's was not the lowest, it was clear to me immediately that he was the most competent and engaged manager. If you are looking for the cheapest price, maybe not your best bet. If you have a job that you want done properly, with follow-up and constant contact, then I highly recommend them. I also do spring/fall cleanup.

Description of Work
Bamboo removal/Landscaping/Fall cleanup

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

06/17/2018

Stephen C.

Updating an earlier review...after further discussion, it seems there was some confusion with regards to weeding being included in our quote for the spring cleanup. As it turns out, the provider ended up weeding our beds at no extra cost in an effort to make the customer happy. With regards to the lawn cutting, Joe(the owner) explained why the lawn cutting was uneven and has since instructed his crew to make the necessary adjustments. The lawn cutting for the past couple of weeks has been great. Joe has followed up several times to make sure we’re satisfied with the quality of work. He has always said that his goal is to make sure the customer is happy and he has delivered.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup & lawn cutting-update.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 06/17/2018

10/31/2017

Ross J.

They did a job for me they were fine. They did what they said they would do in the time that they said they would. The cost was reasonable.

Description of Work
They re-slopped some landscape on the side of my house.