Gregory Rossi Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1972 • With Angi since June 2004

4.1

9713 Glenhope Rd

Philadelphia, PA 19115

License #cl10. Owner operator. No subs. Cost determined by flat rate $90.00. Ask about angie's list $25.00 off discount....

08/19/2022

Andrew M.

After a previous guy from AHS did nothing, Greg came out as a second opinion. Not only did he diagnose the problem in just a few minutes, he then fixed it in the next 15. Super competent guy, look nowhere else, we'll be calling him anytime I have a problem. Would leave him six stars if it were possible.

Description of Work
Sewer ejector pump

Category plumbing, septic tank, water heater repair, wells, drain pipe, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

03/29/2022

Michaela H.

I received Rossi as my contractor through AHS. I was told it would be $550.00 flat rate. For what exactly. First a gentleman came out to take a pic of the hot water heater. On the 18th of March they arrived with hot water tank in hand. My husband questioned the amount when they simply removed the old tank and replaced the new one. They added approximately 4 inches of new copper piping, the same amount they removed with the old tank and called it a modification. They told him either pay that amount or pay half of the cost of the tank. Surprise, the tank cost was $1,100, half of which would be $550. Then they went on to say how this particular tank was actually for someone else and they couldn't pay so we got it. When asked for the manual, they didn't have it. When I requested a warranty, they don't give them out I was told. At this point if anyone refers Gregory Rossi Heating & Plumbing run in the opposite direction please. My only saving grace is I work for a law firm.. get my drift.

Description of Work
Replace of hot water heater

Category excavators, water heater repair

12/18/2021

Lincoln F.

I scheduled a repair through my home warranty (AHS) and they came out rather quickly to assess the hot water heater. They determined that it needed an element. They were supposed to return in a few days. I find out from AHS that they sent in a quote to replace the hot water heater completely. After several conversations with their office manager/clerk and the AHS representative, we had to wait until they fix the service request before AHS could authorize the repair. I called for several days after to see if this had been done. It didn't get resolved until a week later. When they finally called to schedule a visit, they were never available whenever I was available and the guy's attitude was horrible. If I'm waiting to have hot water for over a week now, all thanks to your mistake, then there needs to be some level of scheduling accommodation. They offered no flexibility and acted as if they didn't care.

Description of Work
Fix Hot Water Heater

Category water heater repair

11/11/2021

Thomas H.

Excellent all around. The guys showed up right on time and immediately identified the issues and got to work. Helped answer all questions I had for all plumbing, more than just the issues at hand. Would 1000% recommend and will use again if needed in the future. Thank you, Tom

Description of Work
Toilet tank repair & water lines

06/17/2021

Winette S.

It went very well. The company was sent by AHS and Greg was able to fix the problem in less than an hour and also unclogged the drain. He was very professional and respectful. He also wore covering for his shoes when he entered the house.

Description of Work
Leaking pipe under the bathroom sink

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

05/12/2020

Patricia A.

It went well. They were sent through American Home Shield. I was quite pleased with Craig and his helper.. They were in and out within about an hour and fifteen minutes.They exhibited professionalism the entire time on the job

Description of Work
Two faucet replacement (One in the basement and the other on the tub.

02/13/2019

T H.

Greg was called to my home by HSA Home Warranty to repair our malfunctioning hot water heater. Since he was the second plumber in two days sent to my home by HSA, the first one not being qualified to even LOOK at my hot water heater, I asked him about the first plumber's diagnoses -- that my swimming pool, a "silently running toilet"(?), or a low operating temp (that had NEVER been changed) might be causing us to run out of hot water. A cantankerous Greg told me that none of those options even made sense. He seemed extremely annoyed to have to come to my house in bad weather. (Sorry our hot water heater didn't break at a more convenient time, Greg!) Tested both elements, wouldn't even let me finish about what had happened or what we had done about it, and pronounced it in working order if not for the low temp. (Even though he had said that didn't make sense -- still doesn't WHEN IT HASN'T CHANGED IN 6 YEARS!) When I told him that 6 years ago when it broke before, a tech pulled a corroded element out of it, said it was probably going to fail due to hard water in our home, and wished us well, I also asked if, since it's 11 years old now, it could be clogged with hard water sediment. Greg said it was possible and was walking up the stairs to leave when he said he'd ask HSA if he could replace it, but that he "didn't feel like waiting on hold anytime soon". He said someone would be in touch. I got tired of waiting for a functional hot water heater in winter, so I called HSA SIX hours later. Greg still hadn't given them his report and wouldn't answer his calls from them. A supervisor was able to get him on his emergency line and authorized the replacement pending Greg's report, that was to corroborate my story of the events -- he tested it, said it was a low temp but that it was old and it was possible it was filled with sediment causing us to run out of hot water prematurely. Greg just told him that I needed instruction in how to turn up the temp of the unit. Everybody has bad days and nobody likes to drive in bad weather, but Greg SCREWED us out of a working hot water heater because he was such a curmudgeon. I would NEVER hire this man even to take out my trash, let alone trust him with my family's safety. And I will NOT be a customer of HSA for long because they actually trust him! Meanwhile, we have an 11 year old, 80 gallon hot water heater that can't even provide enough warm water for a child's bath, and the best recommendation is to scald our children by turning up the temp. This man needs to learn to be a better HUMAN, not just a better plumber!

Description of Work
Repair or Replacement for Hot Water Heater

10/23/2017

Claire & Warren H.

First, they tried a low tech, low cost fix with epoxy. If it worked fine, if not...it would require and bigger job. So the epoxy did not do the trick. So, they had to cut away the bad section of pipe and put in fittings and clips joining the pipe. No leaks since then.

Description of Work
Soil pipe in basement was leaking.

06/13/2017

Jennifer S.

American Home Shield sent one plumber who found a multitude of things wrong but did not unclog the drain. They sent out Rossi and within 15 minutes I was good to go, came the same day AHS assigned him and even though it was 95 degrees out worked quickly and got the job done. Didn't find all the other issues.

Description of Work
Unblock drain

10/20/2015

Sue B.

Our kitchen sink started draining VERY slowly and my husband's valiant attempt to resolve it didn't work. Our house is built on a slab (something different for us), and the kitchen sink is in a very tight corner cabinet. A home warranty came with the house, and the warranty company assigned the service request to Rossi Plumbing and Heating. We were pleasantly surprised to get a call a few hours after submitting the service request and we scheduled an appointment for first thing this morning. Ryan arrived promptly at 8:30 and took a look at the kitchen plumbing. He recommended drilling a hole in the PVC pipe to permit the use of an industrial strength snake without removing the U-joint. About 30 minutes later, the job was done, the cabinet was cleaned up, and he was on his way to the next appointment. We are happy that the home warranty covered this (it would have cost considerably more otherwise), and, if the problem ever returns, it will be much easier to work in a tight space. Good job!

Description of Work
Unclogged kitchen drain line

08/02/2015

sarah W.

Similar to other stories. Dispatched by home warranty co (HSA). First day was a no show. Had called around noon and said he would be there between 3 and 7. Called him around 6:30, went to voicemail. Calls me at 7:06 to say he will not be coming... really? HSA calls him and he tells them he will send someone at 9 the next day. Guy calls at 9:30, arrives and says he does not have what he needs to diagnose issue so he will need to go get different equipment and come back later. Never came back. When I finally got authorization from HSA to get another plumber, they came on site, diagnosed and remediated problem to avoid further damage all in about an hour.

Description of Work
Dispatched by HSA to diagnose and fix leak in basement.

12/14/2014

Jill T.

On Nov. 25th Mr. Rossi came to our home to examine the furnace. As there was no clear indication of why the furnace kept shutting off he said he could not fix it but told me how to identify the fault code. When it shot down again the next day I called him with the code. He came out again and said he fixed it by changing out some wires. Well the furnace kept shutting itself off at random times. Multiple calls and messages to Mr. Rossi were never returned. Last week I called the warranty company to file a complaint. Suddenly someone from Rossi's company (some guy named Alex) calls and arranges to come out. He examines the furnace and says its one of 3 things, but he needs to order the parts and he'll be back the next day. Well, he never came back. Again calls into his number went straight to a voice mail. Another call to the home warranty company to file a complaint. They do get in touch with Rossi who says he's not doing it and passes the buck. Unresponsive. Unreliable. Untrustworthy. Untruthful

Description of Work
This provider was assigned to us by our home warranty company when our furnace kept shutting down.

06/18/2014

Christine C.

I called Gregory Rossi Plumbing and Heating at 10:00 am on 6/18/14 and spoke to the owners assistant. I was very concerned as my water was scorching hot when I turned on the faucets in my house and I have a small child so I was hoping service could be done on the same day. To my wonderful surprise I was contacted at 12:00 pm on the same day and was met at my house about an hour later. They replaced two thermostats on my hot water heater unit in about 10 minutes. I am very pleased and will happily recommend this wonderful company to all of my friends and colleagues.

Description of Work
Replace broken thermometer on electric hot water heater.

02/19/2014

Phyllis H.

Mr. Rossi is an experienced plumber that knows what he's doing. He gets in and out. I've always been satisfied with his level of service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Fixed a leak

12/03/2013

Brian K.

Greg has provided me information over the phone before to help me get through some issues that saved me time from paying a professional. However, this time I needed a furnace replaced and a new tenant moving into my property in two days over the Thanksgiving holiday. Greg provided an estimate over the phone that was well below every other estimate. He understood my need to have the furnace installed as soon as possible and installed it the next business day. Excellent work, very professional. I would recommend Greg to everyone.

Description of Work
Installed a new gas furnace.

09/04/2013

doug D.

Overall it went very well. I submitted a claim through my warranty program and I was told the plumber would contact me in a day or two. I waited 4 days and finally called them myself. After I called, however, they came out within a half hour. They were professional and cleared out the drain in a few minutes. They ran a cycle on my washer machine to make sure they fixed the problem correctly. The entire process was about 20 minutes.

Description of Work
I had a clog in the drain for my washing machine and it would overflow during the rinse cylce. I have to say I only paid $75 because I have a home warranty, I am not sure what they normally charge.

02/12/2013

Zulfiya D.

They were on time and did a good job. The work was well done.

Description of Work
Water Heater was changed.

07/10/2012

James R.

The furnace functioned well throughout the winter, and the tenent in the property was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Replace faulty part in gas furnace and readjust other parts so as to function better..

02/07/2012

Gaby B.

It was the worst experience with a plumbing company ever. The quality of the work was sub-par in all respects. Anything they touched they broke, including the faucet in the laundry room. They showed up dressed very poorly.

Description of Work
They were subcontracted to do the plumbing on a basement remodel, which included a full bath.

09/19/2011

Benjamin O.

His name is Brent Rossi. We've been working with him since January. He is punctual, timely and very professional. He will take every opportunity to help us save money and try to fix it ourselves without having to come out. He will talk us through it on the phone to prevent us from having to pay the plumbing fee. He is our plumber from now on out.

Description of Work
We used Rossi Plumbing & Heating for plumbing work.

09/13/2011

Dorothy J.

They poorly did part of the work. I offered to pay for the man's time but the owner refused since he knew I was very unhappy. I had a sink I wanted move but to accommodate a new location in the kitchen. I asked them to cut the pipe below the floor in the basement that is accessible from the house. The once the new cabinet was installed, they were going to come back and put the new pipe in where it needed to be installed. They cut the pipe off in the kitchen above the floor instead of in the basement. Then someone else had to come later to do what he did not do. They did not explain why they did it that way; he just got mad saying I was unruly and whining. They did such a poor job. He said I did not communicate well even though I took him to the basement and showed him where I wanted the pipe cut. Only took him seven minutes to do the job from the time he walked in to the time he walked out. They do not listen to the customer. They are not professional. Price was fair.

Description of Work
I used Gregory Rossi Plumbing to move the sink in the kitchen and cut a pipe in the basement then replace.

01/27/2011

James R.

I have always been satisfied with his work. His prices are comparable to other tradesmen. He is reliable and responsive.

Description of Work
I have hired him for many plumbing projects. Most recently, he repaired a toilet and the main drain in my home.

11/05/2010

Gaby B.

Greg's team did a part of the basement remodel. It seems everything they touched turned to garbage. Two hours into the job on of the plumbers, dressed in an oversized tank top dripping with sweat and smelling like last weeks sewage walk upstairs and says, "We got a problem. We need to replace the whole sewer pipe". "OK", I say, "two hours into the job and we are already over budget." The plumber an his apprentice do the rest of the work by yelling and insulting at each other, to the point we ask them to keep the noise down. Next job they do in the remodel is installing an underground sewage extractor. Two new plumbers arrive. I let them know I working upstairs and to let me know if they need anything. In the middle of a conference call they start jack hammering the concrete in the basement. I go downstairs and ask them to let me know next time they plan on using the jack hammer, since I work right upstairs. The next job on the list is to install an tankless water heater. The same plumber from day one shows up again in the same clothes and same smell. I go downtstairs to check on him to find him standing in a puddle of water. He tells me he needs to redo the connections because they are leaking. I think this may be his second week on the job to have leaking solder connections. He leaves and I go to the laundry room to find the faucet running. I go to shut it off and further find that the handle is broken. Thanks guys! Greg did send two other guys after 24 hours to fix the faucet they broke the day before. Later on while they are completing another job the A/C shuts down in 98 degree heat. I ask them to take a look at it while they are here and report that it needs freon. The next day an HVAC specialist shows up that says he is sub-contracted. Wait, on Angie's list it says no subs! He fills the freon and asks when the last time the filter was replaced in the blower. I tell him about a month and half. He says OK and leaves. That night the A/C shuts down again and the clothes dryer stops working. Why do I bring up the clothes dryer, because when they were installing the new laundry tub the shut off the gas to clothes dryer and never turned back on.

Description of Work
- Basement Remodel - Tankless water heater installation, sewer pipe fix, laundry tub replacement, A/C troubleshooting.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

12/12/2008

Genevieve M.

He was great. Good service, nice to deal with no problems.

Description of Work
He checked the radiators on the boiler for me.

11/13/2008

Timothy G.

They are very good! They were professional, clean, and they got the job done right. They were very easy to work with and were very responsive.

Description of Work
They put in new lines to move the location of our washing machine.