Generation 3 Electric & HVAC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2005

Awards & Badges

1257 S 26th St

Philadelphia, PA 19146

GEN3 is essential, open and operating during regular business hours during COVID-19. We are taking extra precautions, including following CDC guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees. We will also be offering No-Contact appointments. We are your friendly neighborhood home experts for electric, heating & air. We are focused on providing homeowners great service. Voted Best Electrician by Philly.com Reader's Choice Award 2016 and Philadelphia Magazine's Best of Philly 2012 are only two of the great honor that reflect our customer focused values....

electrician (657)lighting (155)ceiling fan installation (67)HVAC Companies (19)home security systems (13)generator service (9)landscape lighting (5)home automation (3)plumbers (1)

04/15/2021

I had my panel and external service replaced. Cindy helped with scheduling and arranging for the inspection afterwards. On the day of the scheduled work, Evan arrived promptly, did a great job with the work, and answered all of my questions. Evan had also been out previously to give the quote for the work and was very thorough in his inspection and explained the reasons for all of his recommendati...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electric Panel Replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/14/2021

Thanks so much for sharing :)

03/09/2021

terrible. was scheduled for a monday & the saturday before they called saying we need to pay the service of $80 before they come out. when apptment was made, the service fee was never mentioned. told them the fee would be paid when they showed up but then the just rescheduled & tried to get us to pay the fee before coming. too many bad experiences with contractors - they get paid when the work is ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
issue with electrical outlets

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/09/2021

Thank you for your feedback, [Member Name Removed]. Dispatch fees are a standard for us at GEN3 in order to guarantee an appointment. The $79 fee is credited back to any work performed on the same day over $250. We hope you found another company to work with.

03/09/2021

Evan was great. He called to let me know he was coming and arrived on time. He did a wonderful job and cleaned up after himself.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install Outlet and Move a fixture

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/09/2021

Great news! Thank you for sharing!

01/18/2021

Matt was very professional and he took his time and explained everything he was doing. It really put my mind at ease.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical socket repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/18/2021

Thank you so much for sharing! So glad you had a great experience with our technician, Matt!

12/31/2020

Great. Pleasant. Efficient. Explained identified issues in a straightforward manner. Got the job done. Practiced safely. Would definitely recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacing attic fan and fixing electricity to oven

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/31/2020

Thank you so much for sharing about your great experience with GEN3!

12/11/2020

Corey and Ed were personable and polite electrical professionals. They showed up on time, worked hard and cleaned up when they were done. I received a text both mornings when they were on their way and they kept me informed as they progressed through the job. At the end, they walked me through the completion of the items on my invoice and explained the next step of having a finisher scheduled and ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Upgrade of electrical panel and wiring to a workshop

CATEGORY electrician,home security systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/10/2020

11/25/2020

Very well; explained clearly, friendly, good worker, reasonable price, quick service

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacing outside wires from electric company poser lines to house

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/25/2020

We love to hear this! Thank you for sharing!

10/30/2020

I put my home rewiring project out to bid and got the best/most comprehensive bid from Gen 3, and hired them. I paid a 30% deposit as requested and paid the balance at the end of the work on 10/26/2020. Gen 3 sent me text messages well in advance reminding me of the visit. The electrician and his assistant came at the appointed window of time. The electrician said the work would take about six hou...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
200 Main breaker circuit panel; two eight-foot copper ground rods driven into the earth; copper grounding to the water meter with safety bonding

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/28/2020

We really appreciate you taking the time to share this wonderful review, [Member Name Removed]! We are so glad you had an exceptional experience with GEN3 and we hope to work with you again in the future!

10/21/2020

Emergency AC repair service was provided very quickly on a sweltering summer day. Gen3 tech Justin identified and clearly explained the problem and then did the repair, restoring cool air to my overheated home. Excellent experience! Based on this, I called Gen3 for my fall furnace check-up. Travis did a thorough inspection, identified potential future problems and provided a clear explanation of t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Central AC repair (July 220) and furnace maintenance (October 2020)

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2020

We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience with everyone from the office and the field! We hope we have a gained a customer for life :)

10/07/2020

The technician, John, was very friendly. He showed me what needed to get done and what he would do. I mentioned than Gen3 would send out an electrician next week to install a new breaker He told me he was qualified to do it and he did!~ All within an hour's time. Now I can cancel the Gen3 appointment next week and save money. Thanks, John! And we have plenty of hot water now.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed an instant hot water heater drained and cleaned.

CATEGORY electrician,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2020

This is awesome news, thank you so much for sharing! We hope to work with you again in the future!

We offer friendly and reliable service homeowners love. An incredibly caring staff who will listen to and understand your needs. Solutions that will improve the quality of your home. Options to conveniently replace outdated wiring and equipment. Advice that can help you understand the pros and cons of different solutions. Ideas that will make your home more comfortable. Products we offer include: --Wiring, Lighting, Panel upgrades, Ductless heating and Air, fans --Knob and Tube updates.

Things you won't experience with GEN3 are phones that are not answered. Job cost that rise after the work has started. Rude and unpleasant technicians. Confusing customer experiences. Tail light warranties. Unsafe work that puts your family at risk.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing Available