Generation 3 Electric & HVAC

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
07/01/2023

1257 S 26th St

Philadelphia, PA 19146

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

GEN3 is essential, open and operating during regular business hours during COVID-19. We are taking extra precautions, including following CDC guidelines, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees. We will also be offering No-Contact appointments. We are your friendly neighborhood home experts for electric, heating & air. We are focused on providing homeowners great service. Voted Best Electrician by Philly.com Reader's Choice Award 2016 and Philadelphia Magazine's Best of Philly 2012 are only two of the great honor that reflect our customer focused values....

electrician (667)lighting (156)ceiling fan installation (68)HVAC Companies (20)home security systems (13)generator service (9)landscape lighting (5)home automation (3)plumbers (1)

04/10/2022

J. H.

We used Gen3 in the past for a small job and were pleased, so we decided to use them to replace our old knob and tube wiring. Our technicians were nice and friendly. But there were a lot of problems. They did not sufficiently clean up after the work they did each day. We had to clean up ourselves, and our home was full of dust and debris. The workers scratched our floor, dented some kitchen cabinets, took a chunk out of a wall, and did a sloppy job patching up the holes they made during the job. They missed one of our outlets, so we'll have to rewire that one ourselves. They damaged our outside flood lights, and we had to replace them. They did not label the circuits on the new sub-panel they installed. And, I'm sorry to write this, but they used our bathrooms every day for more than just urination. I felt like our home was abused.

Description of Work
Rewiring of most of the house

Work Completed On 01/31/2022

Review for Generation 3 Electric & HVAC - 1257 S 26th St, Philadelphia, PA - 39692482

02/22/2022

paul R.

Smooth transaction. Jordan, the technician from Gen3, came out and assessed my request. Provided me with a clear, concise overview of the work to be completed and quoted me the cost for replacing 4 overhead lights. Approved the costs and work was completed within 2 hours.

Description of Work
Outdoor overhead light replacement

Work Completed On 02/22/2022

02/19/2022

Gayle M.

Highly recommended. Communicated regarding appointment VERY OFTEN, on time, professional staff--Brian Smith--listened & very helpful. My fav--did NOT try to upsell or sell me anything I did not want. Offered choice, gave estimates, and when we chose the cheaper route agreed right away. THAT is my idea of excellent CS.

Description of Work
Check the safety of and replace an old track lighting system.

Work Completed On 02/19/2022

Thank you for the 5 star review and recommendation, [Member Name Removed]! We pride ourselves on honesty and excellent customer service and we're thrilled that you agree! We always provide multiple options so that homeowners can decide what they're most comfortable with at a price point that works for them. Thank you again for choosing GEN3 for your electrical projects!

12/27/2021

ann L.

I've used Gen3 in the past and have always had outstanding service. On this visit, I had the pleasure of working with Corey. He was professional, respectful, and followed Covid precautions. Repair went very well, and have already scheduled my next visit. Highly recommend!!!

Description of Work
Covert high power to lie power

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

08/12/2021

Michael M.

Everything went great. The technician was professional, friendly, and did high quality work. I was very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Fixed broken flood light and three way light switch. Installed whole home surge protector.

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

Great news! Thanks for the 5 star review!

07/19/2021

Robert A.

Perfect. Second time Dave has come to fix things and is great!

Description of Work
Bedroom ceiling fan and new lights

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/19/2021

Thank you for sharing!

04/15/2021

Kaitlyn M.

I had my panel and external service replaced. Cindy helped with scheduling and arranging for the inspection afterwards. On the day of the scheduled work, Evan arrived promptly, did a great job with the work, and answered all of my questions. Evan had also been out previously to give the quote for the work and was very thorough in his inspection and explained the reasons for all of his recommendations. Previous owners of my house had hired contractors that did some shoddy work. While Gen3 is not the cheapest quote you will find, they do their work properly and to code. I would definitely recommend Gen3 to others needing to do electrical work.

Description of Work
Electric Panel Replacement

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

Thanks so much for sharing :)

03/09/2021

charles D.

terrible. was scheduled for a monday & the saturday before they called saying we need to pay the service of $80 before they come out. when apptment was made, the service fee was never mentioned. told them the fee would be paid when they showed up but then the just rescheduled & tried to get us to pay the fee before coming. too many bad experiences with contractors - they get paid when the work is done. if they want payment before even showing up, not the contractor for us and they clearly were not for us.

Description of Work
issue with electrical outlets

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

Thank you for your feedback, [Member Name Removed]. Dispatch fees are a standard for us at GEN3 in order to guarantee an appointment. The $79 fee is credited back to any work performed on the same day over $250. We hope you found another company to work with.

03/09/2021

Diane B.

Evan was great. He called to let me know he was coming and arrived on time. He did a wonderful job and cleaned up after himself.

Description of Work
Install Outlet and Move a fixture

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

Great news! Thank you for sharing!

01/18/2021

Tarita B.

Matt was very professional and he took his time and explained everything he was doing. It really put my mind at ease.

Description of Work
Electrical socket repair

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

Thank you so much for sharing! So glad you had a great experience with our technician, Matt!

12/31/2020

Susanne C.

Great. Pleasant. Efficient. Explained identified issues in a straightforward manner. Got the job done. Practiced safely. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Replacing attic fan and fixing electricity to oven

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

Thank you so much for sharing about your great experience with GEN3!

12/11/2020

Will J.

Corey and Ed were personable and polite electrical professionals. They showed up on time, worked hard and cleaned up when they were done. I received a text both mornings when they were on their way and they kept me informed as they progressed through the job. At the end, they walked me through the completion of the items on my invoice and explained the next step of having a finisher scheduled and then an inspection. I received a call from Nicole at Gen 3 later that evening to schedule the appointment when the finishing touches would be taken care of a few days later. I would recommend Gen 3 Electric to anyone looking for licensed electricians who know how to treat their clients.

Description of Work
Upgrade of electrical panel and wiring to a workshop

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

11/25/2020

John C.

Very well; explained clearly, friendly, good worker, reasonable price, quick service

Description of Work
Replacing outside wires from electric company poser lines to house

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

We love to hear this! Thank you for sharing!

10/30/2020

Robert M.

I put my home rewiring project out to bid and got the best/most comprehensive bid from Gen 3, and hired them. I paid a 30% deposit as requested and paid the balance at the end of the work on 10/26/2020. Gen 3 sent me text messages well in advance reminding me of the visit. The electrician and his assistant came at the appointed window of time. The electrician said the work would take about six hours. He was impressively accurate. When the work was completed, I used a check list on the description of work and checked the items off as the electrician explained each one with confidence and knowledge. I was especially impressed with his demeanor -- pleasant, cooperative, professional. I am happy to name him here: Gordon Coleman, lead install electrician. His assistant's name was Robert. I found Gen 3 on Angie's List, so you deserve a portion of my praise as well.

Description of Work
200 Main breaker circuit panel; two eight-foot copper ground rods driven into the earth; copper grounding to the water meter with safety bonding

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

We really appreciate you taking the time to share this wonderful review, [Member Name Removed]! We are so glad you had an exceptional experience with GEN3 and we hope to work with you again in the future!

10/21/2020

Gail K.

Emergency AC repair service was provided very quickly on a sweltering summer day. Gen3 tech Justin identified and clearly explained the problem and then did the repair, restoring cool air to my overheated home. Excellent experience! Based on this, I called Gen3 for my fall furnace check-up. Travis did a thorough inspection, identified potential future problems and provided a clear explanation of the furnace's current status. Another excellent experience. Also must commend the Gen3 front office staff who always answer the phone, keep you updated and are a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Central AC repair (July 220) and furnace maintenance (October 2020)

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

We are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful experience with everyone from the office and the field! We hope we have a gained a customer for life :)

10/07/2020

William E.

The technician, John, was very friendly. He showed me what needed to get done and what he would do. I mentioned than Gen3 would send out an electrician next week to install a new breaker He told me he was qualified to do it and he did!~ All within an hour's time. Now I can cancel the Gen3 appointment next week and save money. Thanks, John! And we have plenty of hot water now.

Description of Work
I needed an instant hot water heater drained and cleaned.

Category electrician,plumbing

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

This is awesome news, thank you so much for sharing! We hope to work with you again in the future!

10/07/2020

Brendan M.

Gen 3 was very responsive to a same day emergency repair request. Same-day emergency fee was more reasonable than others. Dave was friendly and professional, made quick work of an urgent essential repair that was needed, and was able to provide quick advice on some optional repairs that I elected to have done at the same time, and quotes for a larger future project. At no point did I feel pressured to have more work done than was needed today, but was offered clear and honest recommendations. Would definitely work with Gen3 again.

Description of Work
Breaker panel repair

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to share! We always do our best to prioritize emergency appointments and we're thrilled that you had such a great experience with Dave!

09/29/2020

Be S.

Terrible. They put in HVAC unit it was not installed professionally and it doesn't work properly, so the manager stated that he was sorry but it was nothing he could do. So I now am out of a lot of money. I would never use them again nor would I ever recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
New Heater and AC unit

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], we are so sorry you had a unsatisfactory experience with GEN3. This is not the type of workmanship or customer service GEN3 prides itself on, no matter how big or small a project is. The entire job and all of this feedback has been reviewed with the staff involved, as well as the management team. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work with you on a solution. We are committed to finding a resolution you are satisfied with regarding the work completed in your home.

09/10/2020

Stefan S.

Work was completed quickly and professionally. Osiris did a great job finding the source of the issues and completing and verifying the work. Will definitely use Gen3 again

Description of Work
Wiring a new circuit for floor level outlets

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

Awesome news, thank you so much for sharing! We will let Osiris's supervisor know :)

09/09/2020

Ruth H.

He was wonderful, knowledgeable, patient in answering questions!!! I would have this guy and company back in a heartbeat for an emergency situation and wait for 2 weeks for regular repairs or requests they are that good!!!!

Description of Work
Replace outside wire and PECO box due to water damage

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share! We're sorry for the two week wait time, we're very busy in the Summer :)

09/02/2020

Stephanie P.

Jim and his assistant arrived early both days, wore masks, and respected social distancing. They were pleasant and answered all of our questions. We’re pleased we hired Gen3, will definitely refer to family and friends.

Description of Work
Replaced old furnace Central air installed

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

Wonderful news! Thanks in advance for the referrals!

08/21/2020

Sona K.

Everything went smoothly and quickly. Good communication. Mask worn properly at all times. Very good job.Our electrician was Osiris.

Description of Work
Install three GFCI outlets, replace one damaged outlet with new wiring, install filler plates on panel